Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Petrino Lovers

Started by soooieman, September 18, 2017, 11:28:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 19, 2017, 06:22:22 pm
Don't see where that was claimed. It did fit great for Bobby when you include Mallett's transfer.   May not have worked with BB. 
Sure that's what he meant...Bielema hasn't had an in state class of that much "prowess" yet so we can't expect him to do as well as Petrino...blah blah blah.

What's funny about that is all I've heard the last couple of years is how awesome and much better Bielema has recruited than Petrino. Supposedly the deepest we have been since joining the SEC and so and and so on. I'm not buying this BS anymore. Ill have to actually see it first before I start believing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hawganatic

This is a dumb thread.  Petrino's record here speaks for itself.  Anybody that argues against WINNING should probably find something else to do with their time besides sports.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 19, 2017, 06:25:00 pm
There are bound to be rebuilding years at Arkansas, but there's no evidence that he couldn't replicate the four years from 2008-1011.

Do you really think Bobby goes 4-8 in 2012 or 3-9 in 2013?

2012 probably 6 wins. That wouldn't have made anyone happy. Maybe the same in 2013.

If you are taking that angle then you have to give some credit to BB as he had to change personnel to fit his system. That is why gave him a pass then, but don't now.

He has his players. He has an OC who calls plays the way he likes and a DC who may be able to produce a half way decent defense. No excuses now - just win.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Razorbax

And a coach 6 years removed is a topic purely for intellectual discussion? Creat conditions and boundaries so you can bash without defending the chosen one.....SMH.
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 19, 2017, 06:46:27 pm
Not realize this discussion isn't a defense of BB?  Not much to defend.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 19, 2017, 06:49:53 pm
Sure that's what he meant...Bielema hasn't had an in state class of that much "prowess" yet so we can't expect him to do as well as Petrino...blah blah blah.

What's funny about that is all I've heard the last couple of years is how awesome and much better Bielema has recruited than Petrino. Supposedly the deepest we have been since joining the SEC and so and and so on. I'm not buying this BS anymore. Ill have to actually see it first before I start believing.

Bielema hasn't gotten that special offensive talent.  Our backs are good and highly recruited.  But they aren't in that special range.  No transcendent player like MJ DMac or combo of Mallett and WRs pressuring a D vertically.  No return guy like Joe.  Good players but we need that rare player or group every now and then. 

I'll add if he has recruited them he isn't playing them.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

soooieman

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 06:21:39 pm
Yep, they ain't happy with 2.0.
Wow.  They are mad at him. He's 1-8 vs ranked teams in his last 9 games. Sounds extremely familiar. Bobby not being able to beat ranked teams? Shocking lol

Flatline

Bobby had Bama beat but Mallett couldn't throw a ball out of bounds. This is one of very few times we out played them.  Auburn game that year we were screwed to the eventual NC.

I leave you with this. Bobby made Casey Dick look good.  Would Bobby have won consistently here, who knows but we knew we had a chance with him coaching.

Watch some of his coaching shows and you could see the genius in him.

Long got credit for firing him but tried to keep him but Bobby decided to be fired because he refused to renew his contract with all the stipulations in it.

It was nice being in the picture instead of being a joke.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 19, 2017, 06:28:59 pm
I don't understand why anyone even has to defend Petrino.  I'm just thankful for the success I got to witness for the first time in my life.

I have posted in the past that I enjoyed his winning. I didn't enjoy his running my alma mater through the mud. A situation I will never forget.

A situation I never want to see repeated.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 06:54:23 pm
And a coach 6 years removed is a topic purely for intellectual discussion? Creat conditions and boundaries so you can bash without defending the chosen one.....SMH.

Not bashing. Putting a dent into the romanticizing of what was.  Who is the chosen one?   You in the right forum?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 06:33:49 pm
Similarly, you and your Bielema Butt Boys get the same lack of defense and running game without the wins.

Try keeping up with the conversation and stop infatuating with our butts. It's creepy.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hoggiedawg on September 19, 2017, 06:07:18 pm
I don't disagree that BP is a scumbag.  He is.  He's also a great college football coach. However, JLS embarrassed the UA more than BP did.  Now BB is embarrassing the UA with a subpar football record.  All in all we at least had a good football team in the BP years.  Afterwards...........not so much.  BB needs to go and BP has no bearing on that what so ever.

Meh, CBB has not embarrassed me as a fan. He has disappointed me, but not embarrassed me.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 19, 2017, 06:35:36 pm
I mean BP was here all of 4 years, right? Four. The first year was a transition year as BP's system was completely different from Hootie's.  Two years later, we were in New Orleans playing OSU in the Sugar Bowl--BCS.  Next year, the Cotton Bowl and a #5 ranking.  That all cant be just luck.  He did all that in 4 years.

In BB's 4th year, we had a chance for a 9-4 season but lost the last 2 games by blowing leads against Mizzou (who was winless in the SEC up til then) and VaTech.  And in BB's 5th year, his team turned in the worst home performance since we lost to Vanderbilt at home several years ago. (I got that from a friend of mine who's father in law has a luxury box at DWRRS and has gone to every home game for the last 10 years). 

Luck or no luck, I will take BP over BB every time.

Ok one more time. The largest class of state players. In my eyes they are 75% of the winning. I will give BP the other 25% for calling the play and attention to details during practice. He does deserve some credit.

But those two years would not have happened without the largest in-state group of skilled players.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 06:38:12 pm
Conversely, CBB could have 12 First team All Americans, a Heisman and an Outland winner, lose to an Auburn by 50 and you'll still spew....But Petrino couldn't beat Alabama

If you would stop thinking of my butt and read what I'm saying you would know I'm not comparing him to BB. I'm simply not putting BP up on a pedestal.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 19, 2017, 06:39:22 pm
Totally agree.

WH where I give you credit and it took me a bit to get there is the point of can BB get it done. When I look at this team I see a lot of talent.

One thing that stuck in my crawl with BB was a comment he made a few months back. I think he was talking about Bell. I think. He said we probably shouldn't have moved him so many times.

Yet, he keeps making these crazy switches of players to the other side of the ball. As if he is looking for the magic move. While the player suffers.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 19, 2017, 01:56:15 pm
Yes, but CBP is supposed to be better than that.
CBP won 10 then 11 games his last two seasons, had us ranked as high as #3 at one point, behind LSU & Bama, and #5 to end the season. Our highest ranking in 34 years

There is not any supposed, he was better.  Very obviously.

Try to keep up.

Razorbax

Are you saying Bobby is a better recruiter than Bret? If the excuse is Bret does not have 3 4th rounders and a 7th rounder at receiver/TE and that is the reason he cannot win at CBP's rate....You must have forgotten the best set of backs since Dmac and Felix along with the best set of TEs in our program's history and a a group of offensive linemen CBP would give his right arm for.
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 19, 2017, 06:54:30 pm
Bielema hasn't gotten that special offensive talent.  Our backs are good and highly recruited.  But they aren't in that special range.  No transcendent player like MJ DMac or combo of Mallett and WRs pressuring a D vertically.  No return guy like Joe.  Good players but we need that rare player or group every now and then. 

I'll add if he has recruited them he isn't playing them.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 19, 2017, 06:49:53 pm

Don't quit your day job to become a mind reader. My comments are focused on BP. I have said numerous times I'm off the BB bandwagon - unless he pulls an MA miracle and gets the team to play to their talent level.

So you be wrong about the intent of my posts.

Razorbax

I must be in MMQB because you are in it minimizing what was accomplished in the CBP era with the intent of qusi-defending your hero.
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 19, 2017, 06:56:57 pm
Not bashing. Putting a dent into the romanticizing of what was.  Who is the chosen one?   You in the right forum?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hawganatic on September 19, 2017, 06:51:54 pm
This is a dumb thread.  Petrino's record here speaks for itself.  Anybody that argues against WINNING should probably find something else to do with their time besides sports.

Some remedial reading classes may help you stay up with the conversation. Just saying no one is arguing against the wins. We all loved them.

Razorbax

Hence our differing opinion. I see what happened to the same type of skilled players once they were out of CBP's system.....You ignore it. Just like you ignore that same pattern occuring at Louisville when he left that program for Atlanta.
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:02:07 pm
Ok one more time. The largest class of state players. In my eyes they are 75% of the winning. I will give BP the other 25% for calling the play and attention to details during practice. He does deserve some credit.

But those two years would not have happened without the largest in-state group of skilled players.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 07:13:44 pm
I must be in MMQB because you are in it minimizing what was accomplished in the CBP era with the intent of qusi-defending your hero.

Dorthy's repeating "There's no place like home" actually only worked in the movies. Repeating this false claim will not make it turn to true.

Razorbax

BS, you and your buddies are arguing the very wins...It was the instate players...It was the schedule...It was sheer luck.... He couldn't maintain it.... 75% players
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:14:00 pm
Some remedial reading classes may help you stay up with the conversation. Just saying no one is arguing against the wins. We all loved them.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 07:18:12 pm
Hence our differing opinion. I see what happened to the same type of skilled players once they were out of CBP's system.....You ignore it. Just like you ignore that same pattern occuring at Louisville when he left that program for Atlanta.

Repeating false claims and now not willing to comprehend an opposing argument. You say I ignore please show the post.

You assume I ignore. But show the post. The reason you will not be able to show is that I have been discussing the sheer size of that class. Many great college athletes on many teams don't translate to the NFL.

That has nothing to do with their talent level for the college game.

Razorbax

I never thought of you being an arbitrator of anything resembling the truth when it comes to this topic.....So I'll treat you with the same weight as I would the Great Oz and not be too impressed with the bass, smoke, and mirrors you use to defend your position.
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:19:51 pm
Dorthy's repeating "There's no place like home" actually only worked in the movies. Repeating this false claim will not make it turn to true.

Wildhog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 06:54:11 pm
2012 probably 6 wins. That wouldn't have made anyone happy. Maybe the same in 2013.

If you are taking that angle then you have to give some credit to BB as he had to change personnel to fit his system. That is why gave him a pass then, but don't now.

He has his players. He has an OC who calls plays the way he likes and a DC who may be able to produce a half way decent defense. No excuses now - just win.

I have no doubt CBB could replicate 2013-2016.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 07:20:31 pm
BS, you and your buddies are arguing the very wins...It was the instate players...It was the schedule...It was sheer luck.... He couldn't maintain it.... 75% players

How many times has ATL and I posted in this thread our argument is against you guys who are placing this scumbag on a pedestal. We both have said the wins were good. Just that there are reasons BP won here and some of those reasons are more than he was a great coach.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 07:24:37 pm
I never thought of you being an arbitrator of anything resembling the truth when it comes to this topic.....So I'll treat you with the same weight as I would the Great Oz and not be too impressed with the bass, smoke, and mirrors you use to defend your position.

Cool. I'll take this as your way of saying "uncle" to the discussion. I appreciate you conceding the debate.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on September 19, 2017, 07:25:23 pm
I have no doubt CBB could replicate 2013-2016.

Probably.

Let's hope the next coach has BP's winning and BB's character. That would be nice. Does Saban have a Mini Me?  ;)

Razorbax

It has everything to do with talent. You stated:

Again, you ignore the system while magnifying the player's contributions. Ignoring what they accomplished outside his system. BTW, they were not "the largest in-state group of skilled players" in our program's history.
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:23:40 pm
Repeating false claims and now not willing to comprehend an opposing argument. You say I ignore please show the post.

You assume I ignore. But show the post. The reason you will not be able to show is that I have been discussing the sheer size of that class. Many great college athletes on many teams don't translate to the NFL.

Razorbax

?
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:26:24 pm
How many times has ATL and I posted in this thread our argument is against you guys who are placing this scumbag on a pedestal. So we wanted to put him on a pedestal by starting this thread and titling it Petrino Lovers? We both have said the wins were good. Just that there are reasons BP won here and some of those reasons are more than he was a great coach.No one argues the "some" part...The problem is in your world "some" means very little.

Razorbax

There are a few rules I live by....Not spitting against the wind, not eating yellow snow, not eating discount sushi, skimping on toilet paper and never, ever, calling an aunt, an uncle.
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:27:45 pm
Cool. I'll take this as your way of saying "uncle" to the discussion. I appreciate you conceding the debate.

Razorbax

See, I can actual agree to this.
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:29:53 pm
Probably.

Let's hope the next coach has BP's winning and BB's character. That would be nice. Does Saban have a Mini Me?  ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 07:38:35 pm
It has everything to do with talent. You stated:

Again, you ignore the system while magnifying the player's contributions. Ignoring what they accomplished outside his system. BTW, they were not "the largest in-state group of skilled players" in our program's history.
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:23:40 pm

Of course I give more credit to the players. You can slot me into BP's system and it won't go very well. Without the joes no scheme works. Therefore the joes should get more credit.

I will gladly concede the largest class point if you tell me which one was larger?

Razorbax

Because he took promotions? Louisville to Atlanta was a promotion...Atlanta without Vick and the headache of coaching NFL players (Ask Saban or Steve "Superior"} to Arkansas was a promotion. Just listen to his lawyer and you'll see how badly he wanted the Arkansas job. Being unemployed to Western Kentucky was a promotion and Lastly, Western Kentucky to Louisville was a promotion. 
Quote from: zeke_in_kc on September 19, 2017, 07:46:40 pm
Bobby Petrino has never, once, had long-term success.

Brett Bielema has, if not currently.

Take that as you will.

Razorbax

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 08:05:35 pm

Of course I give more credit to the players. You can slot me into BP's system and it won't go very well. Without the joes no scheme works. Therefore the joes should get more credit. Conversley, can you imagine those receivers playing in the QB killa's offense? Those all-time greats would be averaging less than a quarter of their stats under CBP. Personally, I prefer the better coach/system over a better recruiter who couldn't coach a lick.

I will gladly concede the largest class point if you tell me which one was larger? Take a look at the very next class (2009) or any classes under CFB when you did not have a class limit.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on September 19, 2017, 07:46:40 pm
Bobby Petrino has never, once, had long-term success.

Brett Bielema has, if not currently.

Take that as you will.
Lol..not currently..nothing gets by you.  It takes a special kind of messed up to make hog fans wish for HootN Dale.  But Bret has been able to just that.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 06:03:33 pm
What about Childs? Want to call him a bust as well?

Let me slow this down for you a bit. How many of those skilled players were drafted? Forget their NFL careers.

How many were drafted?

Now go look at each Arkansas graduating class and tell me how many skilled players were drafted? Far less than this class we are speaking of.

I say give our Arkansas boys more credit. Maybe not knock their NFL careers in order to protect a scumbag like Petrino. Adams, Wright, Childs, Mallett, Wilson will always be Hogs. They care for the school.

Petrino is a self-centered jerk who embarrassed our school. We were ridiculed for hiring the scumbag and were warned. When he lived up to his reputation we were not ridiculed because people were embarrassed for us. Long's decision turned the light squarely on the scumbag as he deserved.

Back to the point. Go look at each class and find me one that had more draftees than that class.

Houston Nutt was way more embarrassing for this program....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 07:26:24 pm
How many times has ATL and I posted in this thread our argument is against you guys who are placing this scumbag on a pedestal. We both have said the wins were good. Just that there are reasons BP won here and some of those reasons are more than he was a great coach.

For the love of God...for the last time..for you and ATL...it isn't Bobby Petrino...it is what Bobby showed us. That we, the Arkansas Razorbacks can have nice things...pure and simple. I don't care about what stats you come up with, I don't care about job hopping, I don't care about Harleys and windgate...I care about 11-2 and 10-3. That's it.

Nice things...he showed we could have them.

PRJ

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 08:42:11 pm
For the love of God...for the last time..for you and ATL...it isn't Bobby Petrino...it is what Bobby showed us. That we, the Arkansas Razorbacks can have nice things...pure and simple. I don't care about what stats you come up with, I don't care about job hopping, I don't care about Harleys and windgate...I care about 11-2 and 10-3. That's it.

Nice things...he showed we could have them.

PRJ

Yes, when our state produces a high number of skilled players we can produce wins like that - provided we have the coach to take advantage of it.

But I don't want to soil the reputation of the school for those wins. Nutt was a big-time embarrassment on the school for his off the field high school antics. Then BP embarrassed us again with off the field issues.

All I have said is we can hire the best coach, but history shows we do not recruit out of state players with the likes of Saban or UM. Also, those schools while recruiting well still rely upon a rich in-state crop of athletes.

As a small state, we simply don't get those bumper crops every year. If people think a coach is going to walk into Fayetteville and get 11 wins in the West without an outstanding group of in-state recruits is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Can we do better than we are now - heck yes. We have some athletes on the team. An 11 win team? I don't think so.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 08:37:55 pm
Houston Nutt was way more embarrassing for this program....

PRJ

I won't argue that point.  ;)

TuskFexas

Petrino is elite in at least a few areas: recruiting and developing skill players, play calling, and game planning.

our current coach was supposed to be elite in one area: recruiting and developing O-line.  He seems to be below average in that regard in the SEC

The smoker I drink, the player I get!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Razorbax on September 19, 2017, 08:24:15 pm
Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 08:05:35 pm

Of course I give more credit to the players. You can slot me into BP's system and it won't go very well. Without the joes no scheme works. Therefore the joes should get more credit. Conversley, can you imagine those receivers playing in the QB killa's offense? Those all-time greats would be averaging less than a quarter of their stats under CBP. Personally, I prefer the better coach/system over a better recruiter who couldn't coach a lick.

I will gladly concede the largest class point if you tell me which one was larger? Take a look at the very next class (2009) or any classes under CFB when you did not have a class limit.

Here is your 2009 class of in-state players. While I appreciate each of these players and envy them for getting to be a Hog they do not come close to the level of the previous class.

Colbi Hamilton WR
Turell Williams RB
Austin Tate TE
Neal Barlow WR
Telvin Griffin WR
William Serano WR
Justin Wortman WR

http://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Season/2009-Football/Commits

Your Honor the Defense rests its case. ;D

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 19, 2017, 06:44:59 pm
I think he stays because few would be interested in him as far as better jobs.   They can hire well without having to deal with him. 

Going to be interesting to see where this goes in the ACC especially if Richt gets Miami going.   

Richt will do what he has always done. Underachieve with great talent. It's why he got fired from Georgia.  Top 5 classes many times and could never get into the NC game. Many years being the favorite in the conference only to get beat by teams like Missouri and South Carolina. He might get Miami back to winning 9 and even 11 games. He might even make it to the ACC championship game.  He will lose though because that is what he does.  He will never play in the playoffs and that means he will never play in the NC game.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 08:59:48 pm
Yes, when our state produces a high number of skilled players we can produce wins like that - provided we have the coach to take advantage of it.

But I don't want to soil the reputation of the school for those wins. Nutt was a big-time embarrassment on the school for his off the field high school antics. Then BP embarrassed us again with off the field issues.

All I have said is we can hire the best coach, but history shows we do not recruit out of state players with the likes of Saban or UM. Also, those schools while recruiting well still rely upon a rich in-state crop of athletes.

As a small state, we simply don't get those bumper crops every year. If people think a coach is going to walk into Fayetteville and get 11 wins in the West without an outstanding group of in-state recruits is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Can we do better than we are now - heck yes. We have some athletes on the team. An 11 win team? I don't think so.

The thing at Arkansas for us to win big, and it can be done, is we have to have an offensive minded coach who runs a unique system. We will never get over the top with a defensive minded coach.

And I don't want Gus...but Chad Morris could do it. Norvell at Memphis could do it...Heck, reach for the stars and Chip Kelly could do it.

PRJ

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 06:54:11 pm

You are going to say 6 wins with what he had coming back?  Seriously?  Knile Davis and Tyler Wilson were both coming back from a team that went to the cotton bowl and had an 11-2 season. Hate the guy if you want, but let's stop acting like he was going to all of a sudden just fall off the earth. 2013 starting a new qb I might would agree with a 6-6, but I highly doubt that would have happen also. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ChitownHawg

This is one of the threads where someone posts a detailed look at the recruiting classes of BP:

Quote from: Uncommon on October 21, 2013, 10:16:38 pm
It's also a matter of attrition.  We signed a combined total of 137 players from 2009-2013.  Out of those 137, 76 are still on the team, 45 did not complete their eligibility (transferred, didn't qualify, etc.), and only 16 completed their eligibility.

Incomplete
1.   Neal Barlow
2.   Colby Berna
3.   Shauntez Bruce
4.   Ryan Calendar
5.   Briton Forester
6.   David Gordon
7.   John Henderson
8.   Rickey Hughey
9.   Kevin Lowery
10.   Brandon Mitchell
11.   Austin Moss
12.   Anthony Oden
13.   Lance Ray
14.   Robert Thomas-on the team but had to go to JUCO so left him out of On Team
15.   Turell Williams

Complete
1.   Alvin Bailey (2012)
2.   Rudell Crim (2010)
3.   Knile Davis (2012)
4.   Caleb Evans (2010)
5.   Cobi Hamilton (2012)
6.   DeQuinta Jones (2011)
7.   Anthony Leon (2010)
8.   Colton Miles-Nash (2012)
9.   Ross Rasner (2012)
10.   Andru Stewart (2010)
11.   Zhamal Thomas (2010)
12.   Terrell Wiliams (2012)
13.   Ronnie Wingo Jr. (2012)
14.   Darius Winston (2012)

Still on Team
1.   Jerry Mitchell
2.   Travis Swanson
3.   Austin Tate

Incomplete
1.   Calvin Barnett
2.   Jatashun Beachum
3.   LaCraig Brown
4.   Eduardo Camara
5.   Cam Feldt
6.   Courtney Gaston
7.   Brad Hefley
8.   Maudrecus Humphrey
9.   Jeremiah Jackson
10.   Denton Simek
11.   Darrell Smith
12.   Garrett Uekman RIP
13.   Marquel Wade
14.   Jacoby Walker

Still on Team
1.   Eric Bennett
2.   Daunte Carr
3.   Luke Charpentier
4.   Javontee Herndon
5.   Zach Hocker
6.   Julian Horton
7.   Byran Jones
8.   Jarrett Lake
9.   Braylon Mitchell
10.   Chris Smith
11.   Alan Turner

Incomplete
1.   Demetrius Dean-same deal as before with Robert Thomas
2.   Quinta Funderburk
3.   Tyler Gilbert
4.   Lonnie Gosha
5.   Brock Haman
6.   Keante Minor
7.   Andrew Peterson
8.   Jashaud Sims
9.   Marquel Wade
10.   Brett Weir
11.   Kane Whitehurst

Complete
1.   Alonzo Highsmith (2012)
2.   Jason Peacock (2012)

Still on Team
1.   Brandon Allen
2.   Horace Arkadie
3.   Robert Atiga
4.   Austin Beck
5.   Brey Cook
6.   Marcus Danenhauer
7.   Kelvin Fisher Jr.
8.   Trey Flowers
9.   Rohan Gaines
10.   DeMarcus Hodge
11.   Darrell Kelly-Thomas
12.   Davyon McKinney
13.   Tevin Mitchel
14.   Grady Ollison
15.   Kiero Small
16.   Mitch Smothers
17.   Chris Stringer
18.   Robert Thomas
19.   Kody Walker

Incomplete
1.   Vin Ascolese
2.   Austin Flynn
3.   Defonta Lowe
4.   MeKale McKay
5.   Donovan Roberts

Still on Team
1.   Cordale Boyd
2.   Ray Buchanan Jr.
3.   Jared Collins
4.   D'Arthur Cowan
5.   Demetrius Dean
6.   Keon Hatcher
7.   Eric Hawkins
8.   Will Hines
9.   Nate Holmes
10.   Taiwan Johnson
11.   Brandon Lewis
12.   Otha Peters
13.   Darius Philon
14.   Jeremy Sprinkle
15.   AJ Turner
16.   Jeremy Ward
17.   Jonathan Williams
18.   Demetrius Wilson
19.   JaMichael Winston
20.   Deatrich Wise

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 19, 2017, 09:17:58 pm
You are going to say 6 wins with what he had coming back?  Seriously?  Knile Davis and Tyler Wilson were both coming back from a team that went to the cotton bowl and had an 11-2 season. Hate the guy if you want, but let's stop acting like he was going to all of a sudden just fall off the earth. 2013 starting a new qb I might would agree with a 6-6, but I highly doubt that would have happen also.

We are speculating on something that didn't happen. It is an opinion and not based on hate. If you want to say 7 or 8 I would not argue with that.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 09:12:53 pm
The thing at Arkansas for us to win big, and it can be done, is we have to have an offensive minded coach who runs a unique system. We will never get over the top with a defensive minded coach.

And I don't want Gus...but Chad Morris could do it. Norvell at Memphis could do it...Heck, reach for the stars and Chip Kelly could do it.

PRJ

Without a bumper crop of in-state recruits? This coach, whoever it may be, is going to suddenly do something that no other coach in our school history has done - climb to the national top without a lot of in-state players?

That would be nice, but I would have to see it to believe it.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 19, 2017, 09:37:10 pm
Without a bumper crop of in-state recruits? This coach, whoever it may be, is going to suddenly do something that no other coach in our school history has done - climb to the national top without a lot of in-state players?

That would be nice, but I would have to see it to believe it.

Yes...without a bumper crop of instate players. Look, Texas is going to be our hotbed. Find a coach with a unique offensive system who has ties to Texas and can recruit his tail off...you will see it. I promise you.

PRJ

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Wildhog on September 19, 2017, 05:33:17 pm
Eh... He left some pretty good pieces.  More than what Nutt left for Bobby, IMO.

Those pieces list 17 games in the two years immediately after BP. Seventeen out of 24. Two of the worst back to back seasons in our history. No way they'd have won 10 either year. None.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton