Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking ahead to Butler

Started by BrooklynRoss, March 18, 2017, 09:16:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrooklynRoss

After we get past North Carolina on Sunday, we need to turn our attention to Butler. Even though Brad Stevens has graduated to the NBA, Chris Holtmann is a capable replacement. Butler finished 2nd in a strong Big East conference. They've had some head-scratching losses (Georgetown, St. Johns) but also some great wins (Villanova). Butler split their last 10 games before the tourney (5-5). They're led by junior 6-8 forward Kelan Martin with just under 16 points and 6 rebounds. They shoot well from everywhere (.478/.365/.736) and they don't turn it over a lot (10/game). Looks like we're going to have our hands full.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Danny J

It's all good...we will be in Memphis so we will have the crowd

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Danny J on March 18, 2017, 09:20:55 pm
It's all good...we will be in Memphis so we will have the crowd

Yeah, good point. When you consider all the A-State fans who live just over the river, we'll be well represented.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on March 18, 2017, 09:23:08 pm
Yeah, good point. When you consider all the A-State fans who live just over the river, we'll be well represented.

There are A-state fans?

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 18, 2017, 09:24:46 pm
There are A-state fans?
I live across the river and razorback fans way outnumber little A-state.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on March 18, 2017, 09:25:59 pm
I live across the river and razorback fans way outnumber little A-state.

What? Seriously? Was it really that long ago when John Tate roamed the Earth? I would think A-State basketball was still legit. Shows what I know. Still, we need to get zoned-in and prepare for Butler.

pigture perfect

There are certainly more than there used to be (ASU fans). I really like what they are doing over there. That being said, How many times will Clarks name be mentioned since he is an alum of both schools.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

passinghog

They're proned to offensive droughts. I say we'll kick their ass in Memphis...

Breems

We can't overlook North Carolina.

If we don't come in focused, we could screw around and lose this one. Classic trap game for us.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BannerMountainMan

I say the only way we lose this game is if we just plain and simple don't  "show up"
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

SPAL

I can see us losing to North Carolina. We tend to play down to our competition and they will be jacked to beat an SEC team. This is the championship to them.

synthartist69

I would not call it a win over NC just yet. Once we are up about 15 points or so then we should go ahead and let our starters gets some rest for Butler.

widespreadsooie

UNC is going to curb stomp us

my3boneheads

The road leads to the Final Four.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 19, 2017, 01:14:09 am
I say the only way we lose this game is if we just plain and simple don't  "show up"

Or if NC plays better even if we do show up................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HOGINTENNESSEE

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: widespreadsooie on March 19, 2017, 04:40:16 am
UNC is going to curb stomp us

Just like FGCU was going to? The negativity on here is unreal. This is a tune up game for Butler if we play like we have a pulse.
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

bigred223

Corkscrew Johnson

Quote from: Breems on March 19, 2017, 01:11:36 am

If we don't come in focused, we could screw around and lose this one. Classic trap game for us.

Gah we have some daft fans.

Listen, you can't get ahead of yourself and look forward to North Carolina.  You have to win breakfast.  Stay focused, make well balanced decisions, communicate with your teammates.  If we don't win the most important meal of the day, there is no way we are going to win tonight.  You, as a fan and anonymous message board poster, should not even begin to think about such things as lunch or pre-game snack, let alone the Tar Heels.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 18, 2017, 09:37:56 pm
There are certainly more than there used to be (ASU fans). I really like what they are doing over there. That being said, How many times will Clarks name be mentioned since he is an alum of both schools.

I was in Jonesboro two weekends ago and almost every business on the main strip had A State stuff painted on the doors and windows.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

rzrbackrob

Don't overlook UNC.

They are pretty good for an ACC team.

That being said, after today, the Hogs should waltz into the Final Four.
Good is the enemy of great

ricepig

Quote from: pigasaurus on March 19, 2017, 08:45:42 am
I was in Jonesboro two weekends ago and almost every business on the main strip had A State stuff painted on the doors and windows.

$100 fine if you don't paint your window.......

code red

We WILL lose today unless we set a NCAA record for made 3s.  We have no answer for their size.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Yep, I've got a suite at FedEx, I was planning on HV party, but I figure I'll rent it to some Butler fans, now.

Cmheinley

As well as UNC did in their terrible conference, they barely survived their first round game and I really doubt their 2 and 3 stars can show up for two consecutive games. They may be able to hang with us for the first minute or two, but after that they'll be worn down. It'll be a long walk back home for them, but they should be proud of their season regardless. Stay classy and keep your heads up UNC fans.

HamSammich

What's wrong with you people!?!

Butler will be nothing. We better be focused on the rematch against Kentucky or possibly playing a red hot UCLA team! Butler schmutler.

Rooster Hogburn

UNC had a good season. Too bad they had to draw us in the 2nd round
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

je100

No doubt we'll have a target on our back for this game.  I'm personally more worried about the UCLA game.  Hopefully, UCLA will take care of Kentucky - which is obviously a match-up problem for us.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: pigasaurus on March 19, 2017, 08:45:42 am
Even people who attend A-state wear razorback attire

Hawg414

is this NC the one that Jordan played for... or is it the one in Greensboro??  either way, they havent made much noise in the tournament since Valvano led them to a surprise title back in the 70s or whatever.  regardless, its next weekends matchup with Rotnei Clarke and Butler, and then hopefully UCLA, that has me excited.  i still want revenge on them for what Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush did to us in Fayetteville a decade or so ago.

tonight will be nothing more than the basketball version of the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor for Dean Smiths Demon Deacons.

BDSCT51

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 19, 2017, 01:51:15 pm
tonight will be nothing more than the basketball version of the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor for Dean Smiths Demon Deacons.

"Don't stop him, he's on a roll."
Bleeding Razorback Red

Arazorbackguy1

We score more than they do, then I think we've got a chance!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Breems

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 19, 2017, 04:56:44 pm
We score more than they do, then I think we've got a chance!

Even then, I'm pretty sure we have to get more rebounds than them to win.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

majestic

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 19, 2017, 12:50:25 am
They're proned to offensive droughts. I say we'll kick their ass in Memphis...
Proned?
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Sweet Feet

Idk what's funnier on this thread. The fact people are actually overlooking UNC, or the knock on ASU not having fans when the fear of playing them is the separation of fans. Its amazingly funny lol

factchecker

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 19, 2017, 05:54:31 pm
Idk what's funnier on this thread. The fact people are actually overlooking UNC, or the knock on ASU not having fans when the fear of playing them is the separation of fans. Its amazingly funny lol

What's funny is that any [CENSORED] jonesboro juco fan will even THINK to post on the topic of basketball.  We'd play ya'll if you EVER make it to the tournament.  In the meantime how about you quit giving away tickets for free at the gas station while STEALING money from your students via athletic fees.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Sweet Feet

Quote from: factchecker on March 19, 2017, 07:25:02 pm
What's funny is that any [CENSORED] jonesboro juco fan will even THINK to post on the topic of basketball.  We'd play ya'll if you EVER make it to the tournament.  In the meantime how about you quit giving away tickets for free at the gas station while STEALING money from your students via athletic fees.
^^^Triggered bitch. I'm not an ASU fan LMAO