Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if Williams Qualls and Portis had played for the Hogs last year?

Started by boonecohog, March 18, 2017, 07:52:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boonecohog

HawgTide

Pig Worshipper

sickboy

If Portis and Qualls stuck around and if Monk and Allen ended up at Arkansas, we'd be a top ten program.

bvillepig

joeyself

I understood why all three weren't on the team.  I thought--even before his injury--that Qualls needed another year, much like Scotty Thurman did in '95. 

But to answer your question:  I'd figure they would have made the Sweet Sixteen.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

The_Iceman

This about the roster that should have been if Qualls would have returned:

Durham / Beard
Hannahs / Bell / Whitt
Qualls / Watkins / Babb
Williams / Kapita
Kingsley / Thompson

That roster could have made a run to the NCAA Tournament. Too bad it fell apart.

chenalhog

JONAS

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on March 18, 2017, 09:02:39 pm
What if we had Allen and Monk this season?
Our record would be worse. You can't just throw players at a team. No chemistry with six shooting guards.

BrooklynRoss

In an unprecedented occurrence, the entire NCAA tourney field withdraws and unanimously elects Arkansas as the champion.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 18, 2017, 10:14:39 pm
Our record would be worse. You can't just throw players at a team. No chemistry with six shooting guards.

swear, sum of yall..... no wonder we have elects like Rapert & Cotton

popcornhog

Quote from: boonecohog on March 18, 2017, 07:52:28 pm
Or just Williams and Qualls?

What if KeVaughn Allen, Malik Monk, and Bam Adebayo played for this year's team?
WPS

hobhog

Darrell Walker and Moncrief too. I mean, if we are dreaming dream big...

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: galactivation on March 18, 2017, 11:18:09 pm
swear, sum of yall..... no wonder we have elects like Rapert & Cotton
There's always an idiot like you that wants to bring politics into a sports discussion.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: popcornhog on March 18, 2017, 11:51:23 pm
What if KeVaughn Allen, Malik Monk, and Bam Adebayo played for this year's team?
We'd beat northern Kentucky by 8????

Razorback_Mack

We'd be 1-19 from beyond the arc in the tourney if we added Monk and Allen! That's their numbers! Hahahahahahaha! We'd be unstoppable!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: JONAS on March 18, 2017, 10:03:34 pm
Why did Whitt transfer?
because he knew he would not get playing time with the jucos coming in..barely got playing time last year on a .500 team. Horrible shot also
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

1highhog

Anybody know whatever became of Qualls?  Is he even playing basketball anymore or flipping burgers somewhere?

tee1up2par

This⬆️.  Losing 2 in state of that caliber has cost much better coaches their job here.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

hogwood

Quote from: sickboy on March 18, 2017, 09:11:57 pm
If Portis and Qualls stuck around and if Monk and Allen ended up at Arkansas, we'd be a top ten program.

Yeah no darn.

If only things went according to plan...

hogwood

Quote from: 1highhog on March 19, 2017, 06:46:43 am
Anybody know whatever became of Qualls?  Is he even playing basketball anymore or flipping burgers somewhere?

Playing professionally in Israel I believe.

1highhog

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 18, 2017, 09:12:45 pm
This about the roster that should have been if Qualls would have returned:

Durham / Beard
Hannahs / Bell / Whitt
Qualls / Watkins / Babb
Williams / Kapita
Kingsley / Thompson

That roster could have made a run to the NCAA Tournament. Too bad it fell apart.

How good is this team this year if we had a Kapita type to got with Trey and Moses

skinnypig

hogman99

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 19, 2017, 01:04:16 am
because he knew he would not get playing time with the jucos coming in..barely got playing time last year on a .500 team. Horrible shot also

Was his shot horrible before or after he signed? Think about it.

hawgmasta

I wish I didn't think about this but I often do; man we would've won 25+ regular season easily. They didn't want to be here though, so who knows if they would've played hard then.

hawgmasta

Quote from: hogwood on March 19, 2017, 09:48:19 am
Playing professionally in Israel I believe.

Pretty good deal, I believe it was maybe Darius Townes that was playing over there as well?

Make six figures, they pay for your housing and travel expenses and the weather is great year round.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tee1up2par on March 19, 2017, 08:01:11 am
This⬆️.  Losing 2 in state of that caliber has cost much better coaches their job here.
flat out lie. name one
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JONAS

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 19, 2017, 01:04:16 am

Thanks.  I was just wondering.