Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You want to see how a ref's bad call directly influenced the outcome?

Started by Bogghawg, March 18, 2017, 06:59:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

The goal tending that was not called followed immediately by a technical on the coach trying to make the refs see what they had just blown turned what would have been a three point game into an eight point game.  Northwestern had come roaring back from 20+ down and had all the momentum and that blown call followed by a T just deflated them and the rest was history.  If I was Northwestern I would be beside myself right now.
This was infinitely worse than the flagrant I in our game, namely because what happened in our game was the correct call.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

bigred223

ShadowHawg

They have to do something to make officials accountable. Bad calls are part of the game but they shouldn't just cost the players/coaches.

XavierZane

Can't believe how fast that tech came either.  Fraction of the time a coach from a bigger school is allowed to argue with the refs.  They missed an offensive goaltending on Zaga's next possession too.  It was disgusting to watch. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: XavierZane on March 18, 2017, 08:00:25 pm
Can't believe how fast that tech came either.  Fraction of the time a coach from a bigger school is allowed to argue with the refs.  They missed an offensive goaltending on Zaga's next possession too.  It was disgusting to watch. 

:puke:

ShadowHawg

Fans of the losing team are the only ones who complain about referees.

At least that's what I have been told on here.

PORKULATOR

I didn't have a dog in that hunt and I'm complaining. Ruins that theory.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Lowdown

It was a quick Tech because Collins came unto the court to argue a non call while play was going on.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bogghawg on March 18, 2017, 06:59:18 pm
The goal tending that was not called followed immediately by a technical on the coach trying to make the refs see what they had just blown turned what would have been a three point game into an eight point game.  Northwestern had come roaring back from 20+ down and had all the momentum and that blown call followed by a T just deflated them and the rest was history.  If I was Northwestern I would be beside myself right now.
This was infinitely worse than the flagrant I in our game, namely because what happened in our game was the correct call.

Exactly right.

hogsanity

NO one has said bad calls do not happen, what some of us talk about is the insistence that refs are crooked. Bad calls do happen in every game.

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 18, 2017, 07:07:50 pm
They have to do something to make officials accountable. Bad calls are part of the game but they shouldn't just cost the players/coaches.

I keep seeing this about refs being held accountable, and they are. If they are CONSISENTLY making bad calls they do not get as many assignments. But here is the rub there, WHO determines if they are making bad calls? Fans? talking heads? conference offices? The NCAA?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE