Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What game was this guy watching?

Started by ocsm158, March 18, 2017, 07:57:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ocsm158

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/seton-hall-flagrant-foul-arkansas-rob-ncaa-tournament-referee-replay-refs-031717

replays showed Rodriguez grabbed Barford's shoulder instead of making a play for the ball, but he did it cleanly, running into his opponent and holding him up as he committed the foul.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

bigred223

Hogfaniam

Cmon Mike, use this.  "No respect. They don't believe you belong here."  Make them burn with it.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Sow Lancelot

Coward. No comment section so he can pretty much say what he wants with impunity.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

lefty08

The best part is he incorrectly describes the play and then has the balls to use a video proving he's an idiot. Anytime you battle the east coast you battle these idiots
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lynbug

Obviously he didn't watch the post-game with the officiating crew chief explaining in detail the accuracy of the call.  And three of the four analysts saying they knew it was a flagrant 1 as soon as they saw it.  Zero effort to even touch the ball.

TippecanoeHawg

He is referred to as a senior writer by Fox in his bio.  Hmmm....he doesn't even look 30.  Shows the credibility of that staff.  Same as the article does, NONE.

niels_boar

Quote from: lefty08 on March 18, 2017, 08:24:56 am
The best part is he incorrectly describes the play and then has the balls to use a video proving he's an idiot. Anytime you battle the east coast you battle these idiots

...as big as church bells.  Wow.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: lefty08 on March 18, 2017, 08:24:56 am
Or any coast for that matter, people on the coast live in their little bubble.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on March 18, 2017, 12:58:14 pm
Or any coast for that matter, people on the coast live in their little bubble.

Then why does everybody seem to visit there for vacation???

ShadowHawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 18, 2017, 01:05:21 pm
Then why does everybody seem to visit there for vacation???

Visit, not live.

Lots of places are fun to visit but are full of idiots. The larger a population gets, the larger the population of idiots will be.

sickboy

He's just trying to make his quota. Don't read too much into it. He didn't actually watch the foul or see it happen to analyze it himself, he's cutting and pasting other's commentary to get his March Madness quota out.

Just remember -- most of the national pundits -- even on ESPN -- they don't have time to watch all these games and situations that they talk about. Things just move too fast these days. Maybe 5% of all articles and commentary are actually solidly researched and thought about before going to print or TV.

Cinco de Hogo

Let me guess, this is one of those civilized people who think we are all barefoot hillbillies.

LMSAO!

East Clintwood

Too many people have the wrong understanding of what a flagrant foul is.  They think that there has to be some intent to hurt the player before it's ruled a flagrant foul.

They look at this play and don't see an intent to harm so they think it's just a normal foul.

If they don't like the way it was called then they should get the rule changed, not argue that it was called incorrectly.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: East Clintwood on March 18, 2017, 01:40:49 pm
Too many people have the wrong understanding of what a flagrant foul is.  They think that there has to be some intent to hurt the player before it's ruled a flagrant foul.

They look at this play and don't see an intent to harm so they think it's just a normal foul.

If they don't like the way it was called then they should get the rule changed, not argue that it was called incorrectly.

Once again, Possibility for injury is the reason for the rule whether it's intent or not it's a factor in having the rule.  One of the factors is to eliminate intent to harm.  If it wasn't a rule you could "intent" to your hearts desire.  I would suppose that F2 and ejection would be a clear case of intent.

alohawg

He telling you not to believe your lying eyes, that that push was actually holding Barford up. What a clown.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PonderinHog

Quote from: alohawg on March 18, 2017, 01:54:40 pm
He telling you not to believe your lying eyes, that that push was actually holding Barford up. What a clown.
I had a brother like that.  He was always trying hold me up while doing me harm.

247Hog

You guys need to stop letting these guys upset you. This is EXACTLY what we need. Majority unbiased people will see the call and think it wasn't a bad call. In the meantime, we're getting major attention around the country and interest in us. I would bet we have a major rating boost for our next game and setting us up to make a huge statement and hopefully help with recruiting.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Birminghog

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 18, 2017, 04:22:12 pm
I had a brother like that.  He was always trying hold me up while doing me harm.

Fight the power, Ponderin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdJ0uv6oMRU

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 18, 2017, 01:19:09 pm
Visit, not live.

Lots of places are fun to visit but are full of idiots. The larger a population gets, the larger the population of idiots will be.

I figured as "narrow-minded" some good ol' folks currently have become these days....that they would be scared to be around, associate, or even breathe the same air that some of us "Western", or "Coastal" folks breathe.

It is not "us" who currently appear to be the idiots that has been lead by the nose to slaughter....

lefty08

Quote from: tusksincolorado on March 19, 2017, 10:47:17 am
I figured as "narrow-minded" some good ol' folks currently have become these days....that they would be scared to be around, associate, or even breathe the same air that some of us "Western", or "Coastal" folks breathe.

It is not "us" who currently appear to be the idiots that has been lead by the nose to slaughter....

I don't think scared is the word. Refer to your last sentence to form reason why
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged