Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beard is a mystery

Started by Like it is, March 17, 2017, 06:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Maybe I was too harsh in my earlier post.  If so, I apologize.  My frustration with Beard is that we have better scoring options at the guard position now than we did when he was a frosh.  If he would concentrate on being a facilitator instead of a score-first player, I'd have no problem with him at all.  He is scrappy as hell on defense.  Gets him in foul trouble some, but he's a pest on defense, which I like!

I hope he has a great game tomorrow and a great senior season.  All hands on deck!   :razorback: :razorback:

JenksHawg

Quote from: Like it is on March 17, 2017, 07:39:14 pm
Did u actually compare Anton & Scotty ?
Big difference there now !!! Lol

and mention Beard and NBA in the same sentence.  How does that not warrant a ban? :)

AlmaHog2011

Watched Beard several times when he was in HS..He wasn't a great player in HS and he's not SEC caliber.

rtr

I hate threads bashing a player.  Beard was a big part of our 2015 team.  Beard makes steals and when he is hitting his shot from outside, he can be a handful for opposing teams.  He has been in a slump but Hannah and Macon's have not been scorching the nets from the outside either.  I hope that changes tomorrow.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

parallaxpig

If Beard stays for next year then his minutes will increase just for simple fact we are loosing two guards to graduation and currently don't have any committed. Personally I think he has best basketball IQ on team. He can play straight up defense. He is smallest player on team but sees angles to rebound to and reacts to those spots. His problem is he wants to be a scorer. He could be the closest thing to Cory Beck we have had if he would take that mentality. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

WorfHog

March 18, 2017, 05:18:50 pm #55 Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 12:52:33 pm by WorfHog
Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 18, 2017, 01:45:15 pm
His freshman year he played like he had something to prove. He was tenacious and played extremely hard on defense. Now its like hes afraid to drive to the basket and it looks like hes moving in slow motion

If they'd quit building fried chicken joints in Fayetteville maybe we'd play better?

Boarhog63

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 17, 2017, 10:30:21 pm
I agree with those saying he hasn't changed.  He's not slower.  He's not worse.  We just have better players that make him look it.

I actually like Beard.  The talent gap is large, so he gets crap, but its not his fault he was the best we could do the year we signed him. 

Support him.  He doesn't deserve the crap he gets from some people around here.  I think its weird that some of the older posters are so harsh towards him.  They really need to get some perspective.  It's pathetic.

In my opinion Beard should have been dismissed from the university immediately after the counterfeit fiasco
Really shows a lack of accountability within the program and university to allow a thief the benefits he receives that could be going to an individual with moral standards and integrity

Swinesong1

Quote from: WorfHog on March 18, 2017, 05:18:50 pm
If they'd quit build fried chicken joints in Fayetteville maybe we'd play better?
Gotta love Hogville.   Always an underlying theme. 

PORKULATOR

If Beard ever plays good again, I predict a victory. We're used to playing around him, Sooooo... It'd make sense.
So, if Beard has 3 steals 12+ points, some boards, and NO TURNOVERS, today against the Heels, we win.

😃😃😃 :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 19, 2017, 09:40:21 am
Gotta love Hogville.   Always an underlying theme.
I love fried chicken....what's wrong with that ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

WorfHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on March 19, 2017, 10:14:08 am
I love fried chicken....what's wrong with that ?

You got plenty of choices then. MLK has become fried chicken road.

Kevin McPherson

Beard with a strong first half against Carolina, and really was as much the reason for the 16-6 run to close the half as anyone. He's got 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal at halftime of a 5-point game.

Stewhog 11

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on March 19, 2017, 06:12:47 pm
Beard with a strong first half against Carolina, and really was as much the reason for the 16-6 run to close the half as anyone. He's got 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal at halftime of a 5-point game.

You're right but he also has a foul and missed two shots so there will still be some people say he's garbage and make fun of his physical appearance. But again, you're right.

HogBreath

Beard has had a very good game so far today!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?