Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunday--

Started by Razorod, March 17, 2017, 03:28:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

a free roll for the Hogs?

No one will give us a shot.

Hogs have made the tourney + won a game. Have met most everyone's expectations.

Love to see the Hogs win, but we haven't fared well in these types of games this year.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

navyhog24

Hopefully Beard sees the bench for 35 or more minutes of the game.

dhizzle

Gonna have to play your starters for most of the game and not press. Looks like UNC starters will not get much work today.

OLDHOG

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 17, 2017, 03:29:28 pm
agree

WorfHog

We're gonna have to play our best game of the season.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: WorfHog on March 17, 2017, 03:47:02 pm

I think you can safely say that every game from here on.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

cmhogn

Been looking for a Sunday start time. Announced yet? I would imagine times are preset.

WorfHog

Quote from: cmhogn on March 17, 2017, 03:50:41 pm
Been looking for a Sunday start time. Announced yet? I would imagine times are preset.

It'll probably be prime time if we're playing UNC which it looks like we will.

Danny J

They are quicker, longer, taller, deeper, played together many of them for minimum of 2 years, tournament tested as a runner up last year,  played in the ACC and are playing basically a home game plus they aren't getting tested at all today...stranger things have happened I guess

Hogz87

UNC is the best rebounding team in the nation.  Our biggest weakness is keeping teams off the offensive glass.  I really hate this matchup for us.  We may surprise, and for one two hour stretch rebound like mad men, but UNC routinely destroys their opponent on the offensive glass.  Imagine Seton Hall doing what they did to today but with better players and a better coach; that's what I'm afraid the UNC game may be like.

Danny J

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 04:00:40 pm
UNC is the best rebounding team in the nation.  Our biggest weakness is keeping teams off the offensive glass.  I really hate this matchup for us.  We may surprise, and for one two hour stretch rebound like mad men, but UNC routinely destroys their opponent on the offensive glass.  Imagine Seton Hall doing what they did to today but with better players and a better coach; that's what I'm afraid the UNC game may be like.
And that may be an understatement...the worst matchup we could have drawn.

razorson

Quote from: OLDHOG on March 17, 2017, 03:40:29 pm
agree
Only way he should get on the court is if the game is out of reach either way. Hes a turnover and foul waiting to happen.

Hogs49ers

What the hell??  It says we play UNC tomorrow??  Why would they not give every team a 2 day break?

Surely that is just a mistake on the ESPN bracket right?
SCREW Vandy!

311Hog

If Kingsley and Hannahs come out with another, :razorback: even better "senior" performance we got a chance

Hogz87

Quote from: Danny J on March 17, 2017, 04:05:49 pm
And that may be an understatement...the worst matchup we could have drawn.
Yeah, not only are they the best rebounding team in the nation, they also like to run and play fast paced.  Like we've seen against Kentucky, usually when we try to play fast paced with a team that has better players than us, we tend to get beat handily.

They are a nightmare matchup for us to the highest degree.  I was more annoyed about being matched up with them again because of how terrible we matchup with them than I was about the whole "Arkansas has to Play UNC in the Second Round" unwritten rule the NCAA has created. 

moses_007

We'll probably get mauled by NC.

The_Iceman

They will dominate the offensive glass. Most good defensive possessions we have will be negated by no rebounding. Expect a 25+ point blowout.

hogfanshan

They're good but not unbeatable. They've lost 7 times this year. Three of those losses came to Clemson, Indiana, and Georgia Tech...none of which were that great.

If we shoot well, we can hang with anyone. If not, we'll have trouble.

mj4president

We are out for blood! 5 more wins or bust.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Breems

They'll smoke us. Best rebounding team in the country, 2nd best in assists, tons of length, and tons of offense everywhere.

Frustrating to play UNC yet again who always seems to be the perfect kryptonite for us. We never catch a lucky break.

Good season, though. Happy with where we wound up.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Jackrabbit Hog

Hopefully all of NC's players will be working on their term papers between now and Sunday.  You know how studious they are...
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogman99

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 17, 2017, 03:29:28 pm

That ain't happening

LRHawg

Yeah. I was checking their season stats out a few minutes ago and it looks grim on paper, but that's why we play the games. Hoping for Hog Heaven Sunday in Greenville.

311Hog

Hogs should play loose i mean no one thinks they are going to win.  Maybe we are due for a little Senior/bigdance magic. :razorback:

RaisinHog

They have had a few nights this season they didn't show up and that's what I'm hoping for

Shorttimer

Quote from: Breems on March 17, 2017, 04:32:29 pm
They'll smoke us. Best rebounding team in the country, 2nd best in assists, tons of length, and tons of offense everywhere.

Frustrating to play UNC yet again who always seems to be the perfect kryptonite for us. We never catch a lucky break.

Except for 2008 when NC was ranked #1, we have traditionally played them well.  Each team is obviously different but to say they've always been the perfect kryptonite is a little off base.  We are 3-5 against them.  A lot of teams would like to win 40% of the time they play the Tar Heels.

DeltaBoy

Hogs Win again . UNC is not unbeatable.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogz87

Quote from: Shorttimer on March 17, 2017, 04:58:05 pm
Except for 2008 when NC was ranked #1, we have traditionally played them well.  Each team is obviously different but to say they've always been the perfect kryptonite is a little off base.  We are 3-5 against them.  A lot of teams would like to win 40% of the time they play the Tar Heels.
Two years ago our team was better than this one and UNC's team was worse than their team this year.  Seton Hall grabbed 21 offensive rebounds against us today and it's the biggest reason they nearly beat us.  UNC is the best rebounding team in the nation and always kill opponents on the offensive glass in the Roy Williams era.  I'm not saying we can't beat them, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think they're our nightmare matchup this year.  Seton Hall's bigs had trouble finishing their offensive rebound putback attempts.  UNC's bigs very likely won't, they rarely do. 

UNC has the ACC POY and he may not even be their best player as crazy as that sounds, on top of three stud big men and a fourth big who's a good, solid player. 

mhsbc59

Quote from: Danny J on March 17, 2017, 03:59:14 pm
They are quicker, longer, taller, deeper, played together many of them for minimum of 2 years, tournament tested as a runner up last year,  played in the ACC and are playing basically a home game plus they aren't getting tested at all today...stranger things have happened I guess

Well dang guess we should just load up and come on home no point in even playing we have already lost.

What a bunch of poo nannies some of y'all are.  Easy to see those that have never played competitive sports
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

RaisinHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 17, 2017, 05:25:21 pm
Hogs Win again . UNC is not unbeatable.

Not unbearable at all .. IMO they were the second best draw out of the 1s behind gonzaga. 

VivanLosCaniches!

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 05:30:57 pm
Two years ago our team was better than this one and UNC's team was worse than their team this year.  Seton Hall grabbed 21 offensive rebounds against us today and it's the biggest reason they nearly beat us.  UNC is the best rebounding team in the nation and always kill opponents on the offensive glass in the Roy Williams era.  I'm not saying we can't beat them, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think they're our nightmare matchup this year.  Seton Hall's bigs had trouble finishing their offensive rebound putback attempts.  UNC's bigs very likely won't, they rarely do. 

UNC has the ACC POY and he may not even be their best player as crazy as that sounds, on top of three stud big men and a fourth big who's a good, solid player.

Also, we played very well that game and still lost.  I remember Qualls giving tons of effort. 

I'm not sure that team was better than this team though.  It was more top heavy and consistent, but this team is deeper, shoots better and is playing very well right now.  For comparison sake, Beard started on that team, and he is struggling to see the court on this team.  Their UNC team is basically the same team.  Berry/Jackson/Pinson were all on that team.  They are missing Paige who was really good against us. 

I'm trying to talk myself into believing in our chances but it's tough.  UNC is damn good and one tough draw, they are at home, they have one of the greatest coaches of all time, they are stout at every position, they got to rest today.  Yada yada yada.  But they got to play the game.  Interested to see the line. 

RaisinHog

They have lost ,5 games at home .. have lost 3 games to teams arguably worse than us.. all it takes is for them to have a lil bit of an off night we.have a sweet 16 birth ... Here's to hoping

Hogz87

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 17, 2017, 05:41:41 pm
Well dang guess we should just load up and come on home no point in even playing we have already lost.

What a bunch of poo nannies some of y'all are.  Easy to see those that have never played competitive sports
Why is this a go-to response/reaction by so many on here when Arkansas fans are trying to be objective and realistic?  It's immediately, "you're a wimp!" by some and it makes no sense. 

I'm not saying we should pack up and go home and not play the game.  Stranger things have happened in the NCAA tournament than Arkansas beating UNC this year.  If all three of Barford, Hannahs, and Macon show up and Moses stays out of foul trouble and plays well, then we have a good shot at winning.

Look, it's not being unrealistic or being a "poo nanny" to point out that UNC is an awful nightmare for Arkansas.  They are maybe the best uptempo team in the country and we've shown that when we try to play uptempo with teams that are better at it and have more talent than us, it usually doesn't end well.  They're also the number one rebounding team in the nation and routinely beat their opponent's into submission on the offensive glass; we're a bad rebounding team.  Moses is playing the best on our team right now and, when he's at the top of his game, he's our best player, but UNC starts two bigs who are better than Moses and bring a third off the bench who's just a true freshman but has more talent and potential than UNC's two starting bigs.  We could have an overall advantage with our guards, but Joel Berry is the best guard between the two teams and UNC has two other players who are F/G types, or wings; one was ACC POY and the third is a very good, very athletic 6'6" do-it-all glue guy in Theo Pinson. 

Things can and do happen.  A win isn't out the realm of possibility.  I'll be watching with a lot of hope and excitement and, once the ball is tipped, I'll think/hope we can win.  Right now, though, I can't really come up with a scenario that leads to an Arkansas win other than inordinate number of things going right/well for us on top of an inordinate number of things going wrong/poorly for UNC.

Hogz87

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 17, 2017, 06:09:08 pm
They have lost ,5 games at home
Huh?  UNC went undefeated at home this year.

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: WorfHog on March 17, 2017, 03:47:02 pm

Yeah  That's for sure

Hootiethehog

If Moses shows up on Sunday like he did today, we can make this interesting. I love the Hogs, but I think they're too powerful and we have had troubles with teams with size, speed and chemistry. That being said, as much as I hate to say it, is UNC by 12
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

BoarnSupremacy

I will be watching regardless of my preconception

Hootiethehog

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on March 17, 2017, 07:25:55 pm
I will be watching regardless of my preconception

Oh, there's no way I miss this game. I have my hat, shirt and the rest of my winning game day gear ready to go.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Breems on March 17, 2017, 04:32:29 pm

Screw NC!

Hootiethehog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 17, 2017, 07:28:04 pm
Screw NC!

Where's Breems?  It only counts if he starts it

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hootiethehog on March 17, 2017, 07:31:28 pm
Where's Breems?  It only counts if he starts it

He posted earlier and threw in the towel, so I said WTH...

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 07:07:51 pm
Why is this a go-to response/reaction by so many on here when Arkansas fans are trying to be objective and realistic?  It's immediately, "you're a wimp!" by some and it makes no sense. 

I'm not saying we should pack up and go home and not play the game.  Stranger things have happened in the NCAA tournament than Arkansas beating UNC this year.  If all three of Barford, Hannahs, and Macon show up and Moses stays out of foul trouble and plays well, then we have a good shot at winning.

Look, it's not being unrealistic or being a "poo nanny" to point out that UNC is an awful nightmare for Arkansas.  They are maybe the best uptempo team in the country and we've shown that when we try to play uptempo with teams that are better at it and have more talent than us, it usually doesn't end well.  They're also the number one rebounding team in the nation and routinely beat their opponent's into submission on the offensive glass; we're a bad rebounding team.  Moses is playing the best on our team right now and, when he's at the top of his game, he's our best player, but UNC starts two bigs who are better than Moses and bring a third off the bench who's just a true freshman but has more talent and potential than UNC's two starting bigs.  We could have an overall advantage with our guards, but Joel Berry is the best guard between the two teams and UNC has two other players who are F/G types, or wings; one was ACC POY and the third is a very good, very athletic 6'6" do-it-all glue guy in Theo Pinson. 

Things can and do happen.  A win isn't out the realm of possibility.  I'll be watching with a lot of hope and excitement and, once the ball is tipped, I'll think/hope we can win.  Right now, though, I can't really come up with a scenario that leads to an Arkansas win other than inordinate number of things going right/well for us on top of an inordinate number of things going wrong/poorly for UNC.

We get it u scared... But a great poet once said..."if you scared go to church" lol
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Hogz87

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 17, 2017, 10:03:52 pm
We get it u scared... But a great poet once said..."if you scared go to church" lol
So, do you plan to add anything worthwhile to the conversation other than half-witted insults?

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 10:14:29 pm
So, do you plan to add anything worthwhile to the conversation other than half-witted insults?

Pain goes away, chic's dig scares, besides me who else wants the ball!

It all good to be "REALISTIC" but the way you talk this UNC team is the second coming of the 96 Bulls.  You got nothing but negative waves man always negative waves. Can't you say something rightchus and wholesome for a change.

Plus I happen to think I'm full of wit not half witted

WorfHog

To play devil's advocate Roy Williams is probably a couple years past his best by date. Kentucky beat UNC and if we play our best game we can beat them too.

mhsbc59

Quote from: WorfHog on March 17, 2017, 10:32:20 pm
To play devil's advocate Roy Williams is probably a couple years past his best by date. Kentucky beat UNC and if we play our best game we can beat them too.

I like you "realistic" but not a Debby downer like hogz87

Hogz87

Quote from: WorfHog on March 17, 2017, 10:32:20 pm
Kentucky beat UNC because Monk had the individual performance of the season and Kentucky still needed a last second three by Monk to pull out a narrow victory.  Not that that means anything, because Kentucky can beat them again if they meet up in the Sweet 16.  I'm just not sure how that's supposed to make us feel better as Arkansas fans?  Kentucky beat us convincingly both times we played them this year.

mhsbc59

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 10:57:09 pm
Kentucky beat UNC because Monk had the individual performance of the season and Kentucky still needed a last second three by Monk to pull out a narrow victory.  Not that that means anything, because Kentucky can beat them again if they meet up in the Sweet 16.  I'm just not sure how that's supposed to make us feel better as Arkansas fans?  Kentucky beat us convincingly both times we played them this year.

Can you not say one thing positive at all about Arkansas just one thing.  If you like UNC so much put on baby puke blue and go finish some of the players classes cause it sounds like you already do!

WorfHog

Quote from: Hogz87 on March 17, 2017, 10:57:09 pm

And we didn't play our best game either time (and don't get me started on the officiating). So if everyone plays to their highest potential we have a chance to win.

How do you guys live your lives with constant negativity? If you don't think the Hogs have a shot don't watch and maybe consider not posting. 

Hogz87

Quote from: mhsbc59 on March 17, 2017, 11:03:11 pm
Can you not say one thing positive at all about Arkansas just one thing.  If you like UNC so much put on baby puke blue and go finish some of the players classes cause it sounds like you already do!
I'm still waiting on you to provide anything that just resembles semi-intelligent basketball discussion.