Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Rice Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, December 17, 2005, 07:17:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenglennn

Isn't the Dallas Razorback Club huge?? I can't wait to see Barnhill South on ESPN, well ok i don't think the game is at Reunion, but you know what I mean
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

hogfankb

2 more offensive rebounds. brewer to the line arkansas up 55-39

hogfan1978

hogken

one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

GrizzledHogFan

I've never heard announcers be this openly critical of the refs.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hogfankb

Quote from: stevenglennn on December 17, 2005, 08:57:08 pm
Isn't the Dallas Razorback Club huge?? I can't wait to see Barnhill South on ESPN, well ok i don't think the game is at Reunion, but you know what I mean

i have heard they have bought a large number of tickets. saw on another topic the other day that there is a pep rally at west end before the game. and some other people said they will be meeting the Jack Daniels bar in the arena before the game. sounds right up your alley Boar

stevenglennn

Thank you HogKen for the info and keeping me straight!
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

hogfan1978

I know, nice comment "got to bring your own refs when you travel to play against the SEC"..whatever.  We are just stroking them!

corndo

Quote from: gmb_79 on December 17, 2005, 08:58:58 pm

Give them a break, it's not easy to be the announcers of the Rice Owls. It would leave any man a little jaded.    ;D

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: corndo on December 17, 2005, 09:01:15 pm

Give them a break, it's not easy to be the announcers of the Rice Owls. It would leave any man a little jaded.    ;D

LOL

corndo

86% from the line. That's good news.

Nutt_Hate_Me

Quick question just want to get some opinions.  Does Thomas have the potential to be a more dominating player than Townes.  Seems to be more physical, intimidating, and emotional.  Also seems that his game under and around the basket has improved more than Townes since last year (not saying it's better just shows more improvement).

I think he could definetely surpass Townes possibly this year.  Not bad mouthing Townes at all glad we have him.
It's great to be home.

Pragmatic PiG

the missouri st guys were critical as well but not anywhere near these guys

friggin' whiners

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: corndo on December 17, 2005, 09:01:42 pm

Wow.  Is that any sort of record for the last few years?

stevenglennn

Quote from: corndo on December 17, 2005, 09:01:15 pm

Give them a break, it's not easy to be the announcers of the Rice Owls. It would leave any man a little jaded. ;D

Good Point!  Their color guy was talking about having to buy 15 holiday gifts, I suggest he visit Alltell gift shop and buy them all stuffed hogs, so they can cheer for a good team :)

corndo

Quote from: gmb_79 on December 17, 2005, 09:02:34 pm
Quote from: corndo on December 17, 2005, 09:01:42 pm

Wow. Is that any sort of record for the last few years?

The sad thing is, it probably is.

corndo

BTW, If you want a little heads up on our next game, Texas Tech and UNLV are about to play on ESPN 2.

Razorod

score? where's the best place to go to get updated scores?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

stevenglennn

Sorry Nut Hate Me.....I don't know about more dominiating, but he sure looks good with Arkansas on his jersey!

hogfankb

Boarcephus

There is a day and night difference in this team between the first and second half.  What in the hell did Heath do to those guys during halftime?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Nutt_Hate_Me

67-46 Hogs Modica with the hoop and the harm
It's great to be home.

GrizzledHogFan

Razorod

Hopefully, Heath's getting better at the motivational aspect of coaching. maybe he actually lit into them a little.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

stevenglennn

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 17, 2005, 09:05:55 pm
There is a day and night difference in this team between the first and second half. What in the hell did Heath do to those guys during halftime?

Good point

corndo

hogfankb

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 17, 2005, 09:05:55 pm
There is a day and night difference in this team between the first and second half. What in the hell did Heath do to those guys during halftime?

nothing. i actually hear he never left the bench during halftime. i mean come on now Boar we can't start giving him credit can we?

GrizzledHogFan

GrizzledHogFan

hogfankb

stevenglennn

40-18 hogs in the second half SWEEEEEET

Nutt_Hate_Me

Man this game may start a debate that they need to move more bball games to the Rock.
It's great to be home.

corndo

Quote from: Razorod on December 17, 2005, 09:07:02 pm
Hopefully, Heath's getting better at the motivational aspect of coaching. maybe he actually lit into them a little.

Hipsher got ahold of them.

Golfer

We seem to be holding our lead pretty well, since we are leading by 27.....73-46.

hogfan1978

hogfankb

GrizzledHogFan

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogfankb on December 17, 2005, 09:07:25 pm
nothing. i actually hear he never left the bench during halftime. i mean come on now Boar we can't start giving him credit can we?

I've been away from the computer.  Must have been Jack typing this stuff! ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Nutt_Hate_Me

Hill looks like he's almost there, but just can't quite get over the hump on offense.  He went under the basket for a nice lay-in, mini dunk, and just missed, the crowd was ready to go nuts.
It's great to be home.

Boarcephus

On a style note.....has there ever been an uglier set of shoes than the ones we wear?  Man, they look like they're wearing sandels

GrizzledHogFan

I'm not going to complain too much since we've got a sizable lead, but it still would be nice to see the Hogs dominate for an entire game instead of just a half.

hogfankb

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 17, 2005, 09:12:35 pm
On a style note.....has there ever been an uglier set of shoes than the ones we wear? Man, they look like they're wearing sandels

on a style note? haha. he is 7 feet tall. probably wear like a 45 shoe. i doubt gucci makes shoes that big

GrizzledHogFan

Man, these Rice guys just don't let up on the refs, do they?

Nutt_Hate_Me

Hell there were times even in the best years of 40 Minutes where we really only dominated for 5 or 10 minutes but it was such an explosive spurt that it was all we needed.  We knew it and the other team knew it.
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

mcgowin in with 4 minutes to play. great chance to foul out here

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on December 17, 2005, 09:14:55 pm
Hell there were times even in the best years of 40 Minutes where we really only dominated for 5 or 10 minutes but it was such an explosive spurt that it was all we needed.  We knew it and the other team knew it.

True.

GrizzledHogFan

hogfan1978

I am tired of the Rice guys hammering the Refs....babies!

stevenglennn

Well when the Refs came out of the dressing room wearing Razorback Warm Ups, it should have told the Rice Radio guys something ;)

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogfankb on December 17, 2005, 09:13:45 pm
on a style note? haha. he is 7 feet tall. probably wear like a 45 shoe. i doubt gucci makes shoes that big

You saying I don't know style when I see it?  Them shoes ain't stylish!!  They'd look bad on someone 5 foot tall.