Previous topic - Next topic

What does everyone think of Stan Heath?

Love him
Like him
Average
Wish he would leave
Depends on this season

hogfan11

What does everone think of Stan Heath...I like him. I think is doing very well for our program and is turning is around nicely.

Sonofahog

I like Stan alot.  But I had to vote for depends on this season.  This is exactly the same way I felt about HDN.  But I think the Hogs will have a good year so I imagine my vote at the end of the year would be just that I like Stan.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I like Stan Heath.  I think he could be doing better, but I also think he is worth the investment.  He is young and will improve.  I think he does a good job of preparing his players.  They also seem to respond to him after half-time speeches, etc., which I think says a lot.

See Cirrius and SilverTip, I am not just a non-logical coach-hater.  I had some issues earlier, but I am trying.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogsno1

Considering the mess Nolan left behind Stan has done a good job. Not sure there was any big time coach who wanted to come in here and rebuild the program. Good things are still ahead of us.

Foshodo

I love having him here.... he's doing/saying all the right things and learning as he goes... he's continued to improve each year

that said, i'd like to add that i believe losing Pookie and Ferg next year will make the team leaps and bounds better than the last few seasons...

rlamb

You can't help but like Stan from all outward appearances and all but I put him in the same boat as
Nutt in coaching inability. Maybe he can recruit enough to win like Guy Lewis used to with "the phi slamma jamma", the greatest team to never win a National Title. But of course, I hope he win"s one.

GrizzledHogFan

I like Health.  The basketball program was in shambles when he took over, but things are starting too look up.  The team has improved each year under his guidance, and I think we'll make the NCAAT this year.  I haven't been blown away by the team so far this season, but I have a feeling that we're on the verge of breaking through making a return to the program's glory days.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

razorback44

9 of 14 players on our team are from outside of Arkansas, so I would say he does a good job of recruiting nationally.  For that aspect alone, I like Heath.  He has brought us up talent wise exponentially from were Nolan had us.  Now, he just has to get us there on the court.  We will see in the upcoming weeks what we are made of.  I like our team next year with Ervin, Townes, Thomas, Weems, and hopefully Brewer.  We should see next year whether or not Heath should stay.  Brewer should save his job this year, but next year if he is gone, is when you should decide if Stan is or is not Arkansas material as a coach.  He will be without the best SEC player, Modica, and Ferguson.  If he can get us in the tourney next year, we should back him.  If not, we might want to think about moving on.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

hoggystyle78

A class guy and from all indications a very good recruiter, however he's still got a lot to learn coaching wise and sometimes I wonder if learning on the job in the SEC is the way to go. I think Heath has got the program headed in the right direction and improving every year he's been here, hopefully it won't be too much longer before we make some noise nationally again. GO BB HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bdutt

He's done a good job with the situation he walked into. Nolan left him with absolute crap and gave him nothing to work with and a horrible situation to recruit with. I think if he can win this year we'll have turned the corner and left Nolan in the past.
"Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who usually do."

Coacht

Nolan left the prograam in very bad shape. His comments about black players having nothing to do in Fayetteville plus his on camera reacial comments damaged the basketball program. Stan didn't have the benifit of replacing a coach that was promoted to better school (like Tubby replace Patino). He was givin a poorly put together damaged team that was deep in a hole. Stan has done some fantastic recruiting to just get us to average. Now I believe he is getting ready to take us to an even higher level. He deserves a liitle more time than most new coaches to prove himself. The next couple of years he will do so. My hat goes off to Stan for bringing us back.
Statements of the year - "I think play calling sometimes is overrated." and "I will never hire an offensive Coordinator"

HDN Top 25 finishes....
2006 = 15th / 16th        2001 = nope
2005 = nope                 2000 = nope
2004 = nope                 1999 = 17th
2003 = nope                 1998 = 16th
2002 = 25th

TuckFexas

I voted for depends on the season. I like him, but if he can't take this talent to the big dance, it will be a testament to his coaching ability.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

bigyellowdog

I like him.  He has done a good job considering what he walked into.  He has recruited well.  Howver, I am not sure if he can improve the program as fast as a lot of people would like.  One thing I really like about him is the fact that he has never badmouthed Nolan or whine about the mess he inherited.  As good as Nolan was, it got old to hear him complain about the guys he inherited from Eddie Sutton and the NCAA investigation.  Nolan always had an excuse- kinda like Mr Nutt.

Cheapseats

Depends on this season.  Think it will be a make or break year for Stan Heath.  Ask me again in April.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: bigyellowdog on December 19, 2005, 10:26:27 am
I like him.  He has done a good job considering what he walked into.  He has recruited well.  Howver, I am not sure if he can improve the program as fast as a lot of people would like.  One thing I really like about him is the fact that he has never badmouthed Nolan or whine about the mess he inherited.  As good as Nolan was, it got old to hear him complain about the guys he inherited from Eddie Sutton and the NCAA investigation.  Nolan always had an excuse- kinda like Mr Nutt.

I understand your point, but please, never, never, never, never ever compare Nolan to Nutt.  That is like comparing Lombardi to whoever is coaching at Lyons college in softball. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HaWg 10

like him, i think he has done a good job thus far..
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

merccedes

Quote from: Foshodo on December 19, 2005, 02:36:05 am
I love having him here.... he's doing/saying all the right things and learning as he goes... he's continued to improve each year

that said, i'd like to add that i believe losing Pookie and Ferg next year will make the team leaps and bounds better than the last few seasons...
Me too, lose Pookie and Ferguson and keep Brewer and add Weems, the hogs could be much better.

Coachjy

I like him but I am concerned when he makes comments like he did Sunday in the paper. He said the players didn't listen to his pre-game speech versus Rice. That shows me a lack of respect from his players, which means they don't buy into his system or what he is trying to sell them. Just my thoughts!

Zen_Hog

I like his recruiting, but coaching not so much.

corndo

I like the man, but 4 years later, I still can't figure out if he is a good coach or not.