Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye to Chocolate Thunder

Started by husker71, August 27, 2015, 06:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

sickboy

Dwight_K_Shrute

There was a lot of fun and characters in the league when he played.  Dawkins was from Orlando area same as me and went straight out of high school to the NBA.  Some of my earliest NBA memories are news stories on him shattering backboards.  He was one of the main reasons they went to breakaway rims.  We would have been a megastar in today's world of social media. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

greenie

Hopefully he's on his way back to Lovetron.

RIP Darryl.  You were fun to watch.

husker71

probably drafted by the wrong team for his own good       even though that team is among my favorite 3 teams of all time in the NBA   maybe not the best team for an 18 year old with a big personality

rude1

No matter if you were a fan of the team he played on or not, you had to be a fan of DD aka Chocolate Thunder. This was a different guy all together when you heard him talk, while he played angry he was anything but that when off the court.

PonderinHog

I actually owned a DD Chocolate Thunder basketball.  It had kind of a sticky texture.  I could palm that ball.  Good times...

HAWG MAFIA

One of my favorite players when I was growing up.

BigSexyHog

Thought he was a lot older.  Dude was a monster
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

DeltaBoy

RIP to a great BB Player and Personality.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

husker71

could you imagine how much money he could make  and how high he would go in the draft now   My god they would get 1 year in college to see someone that size with that quickness and strength   don't know if we have ever seen anyone at 18 with that body in the NBA   I remember how he would one hand rebounds and then outlet and get to the other end for a dunk   Hard to think of somebody in the last few years who reminds me of him