Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonny Weems and euroleague

Started by Fatty McGee, August 04, 2015, 09:57:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatty McGee

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Pig in the Pokey

Nice article. BTW, Sonny is back in the NBA and could be the
6th man for Phoenix.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HSVhogfan2

Very nice article, thanks for posting.

I had a good experience in Italy and Israel playing for several years. Of course, I was young and knew I was not going to make a career out of it. Back then (late seventies, early eighties) you could make much more over there than you could being the 10-12 guy in the NBA, which I would've been. I was single and no family, so it was sort of an adventure for me. I couldn't imagine doing it into your 30s with a wife and kids state side.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

k.c.hawg

Sonny didn't have an opt out in his Euro contract but CSKA allowed him to opt out citing his great contribution to the streak of 4 straight championship games. He signed a 2 year $5.75m deal with Phoenix. Lot's of good articles out there detailing his Euro league experience and great improvement as a player.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.