Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memo to the SEC.....

Started by rockbama, August 12, 2007, 02:14:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SirCHog

Regarding the "Sleeping Giant", don't worry about Saban having to wake him up, we'll be down in September and we'll take care of that for you...

DevilHog

Saban will get Bama in trouble. At LSU there was no Auburn waiting to catch him cheating. He will have to keep his nose clean, and I don't think he can.

abraHAM_lincoln

Yea..but we got Hooten....   oops.. gotta go vomit.

must be nice to have a real coach.

hogtusk

Quote from: Tone-Loc on August 12, 2007, 11:01:03 am
I've said this before:  New coaches are like a new girlfriend.  In the beginning you are infatuated with them and they can do no wrong, but before long you will see their bad side as it is (not with rose-colored glasses).  Like when your gal passes gas it is funny, but before long it is disgusting.  When they don't shave their legs or armpits, it is European but before long you discover they are just lazy. 

Alabama and Saban are in the early part of their relationship.  Before long people will start harping on his faults.  Or like other fans, they will find something wrong to bring the coach down a little.  Or they will pay a high school coach 100,000 dollars and get busted again.
You need to upgrade on your girlfriends dude.:)
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

HUNGLOWHOG

hope saban recruited a place kicker  :) :D ;D :P  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

lsuirish

4 stars from Rivals?  the same Rivals that was just recently sold to Yahoo.  that was recently owned by a huge bama fan?  the same rivals that just allegedly let go the person that rates or gives the starts to bama like in the last day or so due too kids that no one has ever heard of and once they commit to bama-4 stars?

there is no doubt that nicky bling will better your recruiting and the players will get better.  what you or saban wont have is the luxury of having a whole state to yourself for recruiting, east texas, good part of MS, southern AL and the panhandle of fl.  there was no real competition for recruiting within 150-175 miles of Baton Rouge.  Tuscaloosa has how many colleges near that distance?  finally someone also mentioned the bear.  you do realize that he has been dead longer than he was at  bama?   see you in Tuscalossa for the bama game. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Get outta here alabama scum.  ;) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

VandyHog

Yes, I do believe Vandy will beat Bama by 14 in Nashville. Vandy has the most loaded team this year they've had in 20 years. We've been building our way out of the cellar for the last two years and we break out this year. In case you haven't looked, the only difference between Vandy and Bama last year was that Alabama beat us by the skin of their teeth in Tuscaloosa with a little help from a bad call. We have 17 returning starters, Alabama's "Mr. Football" as our quarterback (who, by the way, beat Cutler's first year stats last year), Earl Bennett as receiver and the best offensive line we've had in years.  Saban hasn't had time to turn anything around and a lot of high hopes are going to implode in your first two SEC games.

I also believe that McFadden and Jones will tear your defense to pieces and Arkansas will run through so many holes in Alabama's line that it won't even be funny.  GO HOGS, GO DORES!

Hogs-n-Roses

Several on here need to step away from the bong and by all means STOP drinking the bong water! ;)

rockbama

August 13, 2007, 06:21:46 pm #59 Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:24:00 pm by rockbama
Quote from: VandyHog on August 13, 2007, 05:24:46 pm
Yes, I do believe Vandy will beat Bama by 14 in Nashville. Vandy has the most loaded team this year they've had in 20 years. We've been building our way out of the cellar for the last two years and we break out this year. In case you haven't looked, the only difference between Vandy and Bama last year was that Alabama beat us by the skin of their teeth in Tuscaloosa with a little help from a bad call. We have 17 returning starters, Alabama's "Mr. Football" as our quarterback (who, by the way, beat Cutler's first year stats last year), Earl Bennett as receiver and the best offensive line we've had in years.  Saban hasn't had time to turn anything around and a lot of high hopes are going to implode in your first two SEC games.

I also believe that McFadden and Jones will tear your defense to pieces and Arkansas will run through so many holes in Alabama's line that it won't even be funny.  GO HOGS, GO DORES!

This is quite comical. I suppose you and I watched different games last year good sir. The ONLY reason Vandy was even in the game was due to our red zone meltdowns(which was a problem all year 17 TD's in 60 attempts inside the redzone).

Vandy barely crossed our 50 on two occasions and we drove on that pathetic excuse of a defense of yours all game only to shutdown inside the redzone. Take a look at the stats, it wasnt even close and we should of won by 20-30 points.

As to the reference of not being to dominate in state recruiting, you have no idea what you speak of. The ONLY time Auburn even comes close to dominating in state recruiting is when we are on probation. We are destroying Auburn, once again, in state early on and last year.

I really dont care how this sounds, as I have grown tired of having to explain this, but Auburns time as a consistant 8-9 win team is coming to an end. If I am wrong, i will say im wrong if that is how it turns out, but I know one thing, history repeats itself.

And to the non classy Ark fans that have posted in this thread, you know and I know that we should have beat you by a couple of td's last year only to give it away due to poor coaching and, surprise, poor execution inside the redzone. Don't get me started on how we held a double digit lead on Tennessee for the majority of the game only to give it away late in the fourth.

That is all and have a  good day...

TX SUX

Quote from: rockbama on August 12, 2007, 02:14:32 am

We(Alabama), already have 15 early commitments and 10 of them are 4 stars or better.

Saban is about to awaken this sleeping giant in a big way. Good luck to you guys and see ya sept 15.

Roll Tide....

That is all....

Note to Bama, recruit a five star kicker...  GO HOGS!!!

jkstock04

Quote from: HUNGLOWHOG on August 13, 2007, 02:34:54 pm
hope saban recruited a place kicker  :) :D ;D :P  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Hahahahahah!!!  Us Hog fans love to forget the fact that last year if they would have had a half decent kicker or a coach with the gonads to throw the football they would have beaten us convincingly.  This year...playing Bama at their place...Houston Nutt vs. Nick Saban....there is no comparison, Saban is easily a superior coach compared to Nutt.  Good coaching goes a long ways in my mind.  I see this as a very tough game to win...the inexperience of the offensive line will show in this game when Dmac doesn't run for 300 like everyone expects him to every game. 

I honestly think we're gonna be brought back to reality this year with Malzahn gone.  Its gonna be 3 yards and a cloud of dust and zero passing game all year.....people you know it...don't fool yourselves into thinking we're gonna have a balanced offense...Nutt has already basically said this on camera....its the same old story, if they stop the run then we're toast...period.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

oldtimerhog

Saban defeats Nutt in 2007.  Starts the SEC slide for the Hogs.  Kentucky wins in Fayetteville the next week.  I just call it like I see it.  David Lee is in WAY over his head running our offense.  I know Nutt will throw in his two cents and that will make it even worse.  I am sad to say, the Hogs are in trouble!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

HawgAlude

I am still a hog fan no matter who the coach is but the current regime makes it hard for me to continue that support. I would rather lose to bama than UTenn. I am sick of rocky top and that huge orange T that they so proudly run around with. Maybe we will be undefeated by the time they play us and only half of their fans show up. As a last ditch effort; I sure that we could buy some all you can eat buffet tickets to the local Big Boy for old Phillip Fulmer then maybe we can forgo the game and just get a W like last year and not even have to play these fools. (nothing but wishful thinking...)

toshortrock

well fellows,,get off bama,they will hand us our xxx this year and next year,,,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

VandyHog

I do have to admire the spirit of a Bama fan who even has the nerve to talk smack after the Tide produced a 2-6 SEC record last year. I'm surprised Bear Bryant did come back from the great beyond to kick butt in person. And yeah, I must have seen a different game than he did because I'm sure Vandy had nothing to do with Bama's "red zone meltdowns."

As for Arkansas, I think the Hogs will smack Bama around. I know everyone has their opinion on the coach, but I really think McFadden and Jones and the offense will destroy Alabama even if they run on every down (Note: This is NOT saying that should be the Arkansas game plan). Alabama's defense will not be able to contain them.  Let's face it, Mississippi State beat them 26-14 last year. They only beat Vandy and Ole Miss by 3 in Tuscaloosa and they lost to Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, LSU and Auburn. The way they were playing at the end of the season, they should be thankful they didn't have Arkansas State scheduled.

ALLVOL

Quote from: rockbama on August 13, 2007, 06:21:46 pm
Quote from: VandyHog on August 13, 2007, 05:24:46 pm

This is quite comical. I suppose you and I watched different games last year good sir. The ONLY reason Vandy was even in the game was due to our red zone meltdowns(which was a problem all year 17 TD's in 60 attempts inside the redzone).

Vandy barely crossed our 50 on two occasions and we drove on that pathetic excuse of a defense of yours all game only to shutdown inside the redzone. Take a look at the stats, it wasnt even close and we should of won by 20-30 points.

As to the reference of not being to dominate in state recruiting, you have no idea what you speak of. The ONLY time Auburn even comes close to dominating in state recruiting is when we are on probation. We are destroying Auburn, once again, in state early on and last year.

I really dont care how this sounds, as I have grown tired of having to explain this, but Auburns time as a consistant 8-9 win team is coming to an end. If I am wrong, i will say im wrong if that is how it turns out, but I know one thing, history repeats itself.
And to the non classy Ark fans that have posted in this thread, you know and I know that we should have beat you by a couple of td's last year only to give it away due to poor coaching and, surprise, poor execution inside the redzone. Don't get me started on how we held a double digit lead on Tennessee for the majority of the game only to give it away late in the fourth.

That is all and have a  good day...

Yes I too know history repeats itself with bammer and AUB. It has done so for 5 years now. Remember the thumb?

Just like a bammer. Every game ya'll lost you "gave it away". I think the bammer generosity will continue this year as well.

VandyHog

Wow, I'm agreeing with a Vol fan! Alabama is just not the team of old. They have to recruit now, in Alabama, against Auburn, Troy, UAB, Florida State, Southern Miss, Georgia Tech, Tennessee and Vandy, not to mention an occasional talent raid from somewhere else. South Florida's head coach turned them down for the head coaching job a few years ago because he thought he had a better chance of building a startup program in Tampa-St. Pete than of recruiting and winning consistently in Tuscaloosa. Time is proving he was right. Saban is a good coach and I'm sure he will build at least a competitive program, but I don't see Vandy, Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, etc., rolling over for him. Auburn is loaded with talent and re-loaded during recruiting this year. History will repeat itself in the Iron Bowl.  The SEC West will come down to Arkansas and LSU again, most likely with the winner of their game heading for Atlanta.  Alabama will go 5-7 this year with losses to Vandy, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida State, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn. The LSU loss will be ugly and they should be thankful they don't have Kentucky or South Carolina on the schedule.

Apathy

rockbama,

Maybe along with all those recruits Saban can find someone else to set your 08 schedule.  How did you guys manage to get Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, and Miss. St. ALL after their bye weeks?  Why didn't you go for the clean sweep and play Ole Miss after their bye week as well?  You guys may be better but man that is hard to overcome.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I will trade you a head NUTT, a wife Nutt, a Prewitt, and a wally for your head coach.  thats four for one man you can't go wrong.
Let's make some waves.

cosmodrum

Quote from: pigmania on August 12, 2007, 09:44:55 am
Quote from: rockbama on August 12, 2007, 02:14:32 am

We(Alabama), already have 15 early commitments and 10 of them are 4 stars or better.

Saban is about to awaken this sleeping giant in a big way. Good luck to you guys and see ya sept 15.

Roll Tide....

That is all....
Can we pleaaaaase have your coach!

Hell, we'll take your equipment manager at this point.
Go away, batin'

ecellent point cosmo drum.  all four for your qquipment guy.  sounds fair.
Let's make some waves.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogfanintx on August 14, 2007, 02:28:31 pm
ecellent point cosmo drum.  all four for your qquipment guy.  sounds fair.

Yeah, for us!
Go away, batin'

razorrog1

Bama Possum

I am not going to get into the trash talk and prediction making in this thread, but I do know one thing...

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=3011742

This kid was the 2nd or 3rd commit that Saban went after and got...

A placekicker/punter with who was the #2 rated junior kicker in camps.

Too bad he can't skip high school and come on in right now.

Hog inAustin

It's about time!  Took you awhile to get it right didn't it...if you did...

rockbama

I find it comical that a vandy fan wants to talk trash period. To go along with that, he has a orange prison jump suited bubba from knoxville to help him out.

In all honesty, LSU and Florida were the only teams to outplay us for the majority of the game. I don't care how that sounds, it is the truth. Shula hid in a corner when it came time to put a team away and that is the simple truth of it.

Then again, Vandy fans are talking smack to Bama, the end is near.

That is all....

VandyHog

Yeah, when you can only beat Vandy by 3 in Tuscaloosa because of, as you would have it, your own meltdowns, the end might well be near. Let's see... In the last two years, Vandy has beaten Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas and played two 7 point games against Florida. Bring it on up to Nashville and let's get the season going! But you may want to stock up on canned goods and generator fuel before you do.

rockbama

Quote from: VandyHog on August 14, 2007, 11:55:55 pm
Yeah, when you can only beat Vandy by 3 in Tuscaloosa because of, as you would have it, your own meltdowns, the end might well be near. Let's see... In the last two years, Vandy has beaten Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas and played two 7 point games against Florida. Bring it on up to Nashville and let's get the season going! But you may want to stock up on canned goods and generator fuel before you do.

I am amused that Vandy fans exist to begin with. Rather strange that you guys never speak up and to do so after yet another losing season, is baffling.

It doesnt matter how much "talent" you believe that you have. A 6-7 Alabama team is still head and shoulders above Vandy as far as talent. Granted, we lack in depth compared to LSU at the moment due to probation which we have recovered from(have a full roster for the first time in 5 years) but for a Vandy fan to even speak this garbage to me is herechy.

When I made this thread, Vandy never crossed my mind. As a matter of fact, Vandy never crosses my mind unless I need to recommend a tutor. Go back to winning the academic events and keep the collective G.P.A above par for the SEC and let the rest of us(minus Miss state or Ole Miss) worry about football.

That is all....

heeeeeee heeeeeeeee.  Vandy...lmao  I have been so impressed with vandy for so many years (not)   that I really can't even think of anything to say about them.  Oh yes I do.  That Jay Cutler sure was a player.  Problem is Vandy never has more than one playmaker in any given season.
Let's make some waves.

ALLVOL

Quote from: rockbama on August 14, 2007, 11:39:05 pm

I find it comical that a vandy fan wants to talk trash period. To go along with that, he has a orange prison jump suited bubba from knoxville to help him out.

In all honesty, LSU and Florida were the only teams to outplay us for the majority of the game. I don't care how that sounds, it is the truth. Shula hid in a corner when it came time to put a team away and that is the simple truth of it.

Then again, Vandy fans are talking smack to Bama, the end is near.

That is all....

Yet more proof of the denial in kookville. How many bammer fathers will shoot their sons this year after losing games?
Alabama is a shell of the program it was before rules were enforced. Now bammer nation is taking Hurricane relief money and buliding condos by the football stadium. Real class from the toothless nation.
Like I said, the Hogs RB's are going to run so much on bammer people will think that they are from Kenya,
Aub will start on the other hand,
LSU will make a mockery of $aban the cash chaser,
UGA will beat you by 10 or more,
Free Shoes University will give Dolphins fans revenge,
and lastly the guy ya'll like to call Phat Phil and other fat jokes will continue to OWN bammer.
You counting Vandy out shows your ignorance and arrogance.

T2 RZB

August 15, 2007, 10:53:33 am #81 Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:47:55 pm by T2 RZB
o

VandyHog

What can I say? I'm a Vandy fan with a Hog fan's attitude!  Bama is going to open the season with two SEC losses.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, pretty much everyone is predicting the Vandy football team to make a bowl this year, and they will. Their basketball team made the Sweet 16 and their baseball team won the SEC. I don't remember Alabama being in contention in either of those sports. The only red in contention was Razorback Red. And after that disaster of a season you guys had last year, you can't say it was because you were concentrating on football.

I will also add that I didn't start the trash talking. You came over here and started it by dismissing Vandy in your first post. Don't ask for a prediction of scores if you don't want to hear one that differs from your own. Vandy and Arkansas will both beat Alabama. In fact, the Tide will come out of Nashville deflated from the loss and that will do nothing but help Arkansas. I root for both teams and I'm behind them 100%. Why shouldn't I be? What did you expect? Me to silently be a Bama fan? If you guys make a bowl, I'll root for you then. But for now, I have other priorities.

If you want to hear people who agree with you, stay on the Alabama site. You'll be happier there. If you want to hear people who disagree with you and can give reasons for it, you are in the right place. I've given you my reasons for thinking Arkansas and Vandy will beat Alabama. Vandy has 17 returning starters, a big and experienced offensive line, an outstanding dual threat quarterback (who is a former Alabama "Mr. Football"), an All-American receiver, our best running back is playing again after being out all of last year due to injury and we just had our best recruiting class in history. Arkansas has McFadden and Jones and Alabama will not be able to contain them. Your team hasn't changed much from one that never led Oklahoma State in its bowl game last year. Alabama ended the year with a losing record and did not beat a single ranked team all year. Arkansas will destroy them in Tuscaloosa. I said I believed Saban would make Alabama competitive again, but he's not a miracle worker and its going to take time.

rockbama

August 16, 2007, 04:09:36 am #83 Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 04:12:42 am by rockbama
Quote from: VandyHog on August 15, 2007, 05:23:07 pm
What can I say? I'm a Vandy fan with a Hog fan's attitude!  Bama is going to open the season with two SEC losses.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, pretty much everyone is predicting the Vandy football team to make a bowl this year, and they will. Their basketball team made the Sweet 16 and their baseball team won the SEC. I don't remember Alabama being in contention in either of those sports. The only red in contention was Razorback Red. And after that disaster of a season you guys had last year, you can't say it was because you were concentrating on football.

I will also add that I didn't start the trash talking. You came over here and started it by dismissing Vandy in your first post. Don't ask for a prediction of scores if you don't want to hear one that differs from your own. Vandy and Arkansas will both beat Alabama. In fact, the Tide will come out of Nashville deflated from the loss and that will do nothing but help Arkansas. I root for both teams and I'm behind them 100%. Why shouldn't I be? What did you expect? Me to silently be a Bama fan? If you guys make a bowl, I'll root for you then. But for now, I have other priorities.

If you want to hear people who agree with you, stay on the Alabama site. You'll be happier there. If you want to hear people who disagree with you and can give reasons for it, you are in the right place. I've given you my reasons for thinking Arkansas and Vandy will beat Alabama. Vandy has 17 returning starters, a big and experienced offensive line, an outstanding dual threat quarterback (who is a former Alabama "Mr. Football"), an All-American receiver, our best running back is playing again after being out all of last year due to injury and we just had our best recruiting class in history. Arkansas has McFadden and Jones and Alabama will not be able to contain them. Your team hasn't changed much from one that never led Oklahoma State in its bowl game last year. Alabama ended the year with a losing record and did not beat a single ranked team all year. Arkansas will destroy them in Tuscaloosa. I said I believed Saban would make Alabama competitive again, but he's not a miracle worker and its going to take time.

You sir, are an idiot. You began this horsecrap when you said Vandy would win by 14 and score 35 on us. I cannot even remember a time vandy has come close to scoring 35 on us.

Vandy had another miserable, piss poor, "moral victory" filled season that included a loss, yes a LOSS, to little ol' Bama. It's bad enough that I have to deal with the filth that steams from lee county in the eastern part of this state, but I will not listen to a GD vandy fan berate Bama by any means.

I hope you guys lose every fckin game you play so that you can come in here and bestow us with your "we are vandy we almost won 6 games I really wish we could beat MTSU" BS again. By the way, I believe Hawaii was ranked last year and we beat them, somehow.

That is all....

Hawgzilla

Did you hear about the Bama Man who went into the drug store to buy some condoms for his 9 year old daughter......The women behind the desk said ''I am shocked to hear that your 9 year old daughter is sexually active"".Active says the Bama man,''Hell no she's not active,she just Lay's there like her Mother''...... :-\

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawgzilla on August 16, 2007, 06:17:14 am

Did you hear about the Bama Man who went into the drug store to buy some condoms for his 9 year old daughter......The women behind the desk said ''I am shocked to hear that your 9 year old daughter is sexually active"".Active says the Bama man,''Hell no she's not active,she just Lay's there like her Mother''...... :-\

That is good!

VandyHog

You mean like those moral victories Alabama had last year?  In case you didn't notice, you guys lost to Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State, LSU, Auburn (of course) and Oklahoma State. In case you need help adding them up, that's SEVEN losses for the mighty Crimson Tide last year. I'm impressed and so intimidated. On the other hand, you guys beat the snot out of Florida International and Louisiana Monroe. I do hope Saban can help you guys, though, its a shame to see a legendary program fall so far.

Don't worry, I'll be around. I've been around here for years now. I'll be glad to share thoughts with you after the Vandy game, the Arkansas game or any other game you want to talk about. And, since you have a short-term memory, my score prediction was in response to a slam you made in your first post. By the way, did you guys field baseball and basketball teams this year? I can't remember.

VandyHog

You do have to admit that its kind of funny that a lowly Vandy fan can get a Bama fan so irate. That in itself says a lot.