Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 LSU game to be in L.R.

Started by Anon2, August 08, 2007, 10:47:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgasaurus

U of A is in Fayetteville.

Let UALR get their own football team.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

humphrey

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 02:33:15 pm
Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:12:10 pm
Quote from: Razorback56 on August 08, 2007, 01:39:56 pm
LR is the artery that keeps the entire state infatuated with the Hogs.  If there are no more games in LR, I think kids farther south with lose their ties with the Hogs.  Heck, DMAc might not have been such a die hard.

WHAT???  Are you saying that McFadden was enticedto the Hogs because they played in LR?  If they stopped playing in LR, would McFadden leave?  What other team that he could possibly go to plays in LR, which is what you say brought him to the Hogs?

No one else plays in LR, so your point is not valid!!!  If playing in LR was so important, why would the Hogs lose these guys?  They wouldn't get to play in the dump anyhow.  OK, I get what you're saying.  If the Hogs didn't play in the dump, McFadden wouldn't have played football at all.

Great theory!

For over 50 years, WMS has served the U of A program .  When small crowds attended the NWA games, the fans filled WMS.  It is an instituion that adds to the program.

That was great 50 years ago, but what about now?  How does it add to the program?  We have already hashed out that LR kids can't play in LR if they went somewhere else anyway, so they have no reason to go anywhere else.  Ole Miss and MissTake aren't better programs, so they won't draw a lot of kids anyhow.  In this day and age, kids have internet access and cable TV, if not satellite, so you can't say that they have no Hog coverage.  Additionally, using WMS takes money away from the program -- money that could be used to help build nice facilities and help our kids.

How does LR add to the program?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on August 08, 2007, 02:34:45 pm

U of A fans are all across the state.  Players like to play in Little Rock.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

The Marmot

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 02:33:15 pm
Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:12:10 pm
Quote from: Razorback56 on August 08, 2007, 01:39:56 pm
LR is the artery that keeps the entire state infatuated with the Hogs.  If there are no more games in LR, I think kids farther south with lose their ties with the Hogs.  Heck, DMAc might not have been such a die hard.

WHAT???  Are you saying that McFadden was enticedto the Hogs because they played in LR?  If they stopped playing in LR, would McFadden leave?  What other team that he could possibly go to plays in LR, which is what you say brought him to the Hogs?

No one else plays in LR, so your point is not valid!!!  If playing in LR was so important, why would the Hogs lose these guys?  They wouldn't get to play in the dump anyhow.  OK, I get what you're saying.  If the Hogs didn't play in the dump, McFadden wouldn't have played football at all.

Great theory!

For over 50 years, WMS has served the U of A program .  When small crowds attended the NWA games, the fans filled WMS.  It is an instituion that adds to the program.

Actually, the UofA has served WMS and LR by paying rent for a substandard stadium.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

humphrey

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 08, 2007, 02:22:23 pm
Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:07:44 pm
If you want the Hogs to play somewhere other than HOME, you don't have very much support for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Spoken like a true youngster.
So, should the Razorbacks play all 11-12 of their games at home? Should they do away with going to other schools and play there? Are the Razorbacks going to Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Miss St. less supportive because they go there to play?

Of course not, that is really blowing the thought out of context, but the thought NEEDED to be blown out of context. In other words,
You know not what you speak of.

I'm a youngster??  Just how much do you think you know about this youngster?  Some youngsters may wonder why you can't play EVERY game at home (yourself), but I was pondering why we couldn't play every HOME game at home.

You most certainly know not what you write.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 02:39:25 pm

If players want to play in Central Arkansas, then they can go to UCA. Also true fans will come to Fayetteville if they want to see a game, the U of A is in Fayetteville.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

humphrey

So what?!  Tennessee fans are all across the state, many are from Memphis.  Do they play in west Tennessee?

007 License To Squeal

August 08, 2007, 02:45:36 pm #57 Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:47:49 pm by 007 License To Squeal
Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:43:25 pm

So what?!  Tennessee fans are all across the state, many are from Memphis.  Do they play in west Tennessee?

If TN fans painted their faces orange, does that mean Hog fans should, too?  Besides, TN has more than one SEC team.

WMS is a GREAT part of our Hog history.....and should remain so.

cosmodrum

Quote from: tokencracker on August 08, 2007, 01:42:31 pm
Well if every Hogs fan quit sitting around in circles and quit fricking arguing about everything under the sun about the Hogs...and pull their overinflated heads out of their extremely tight rear sphincter and just enjoy and support the Hogs, then maybe we would be tailgating better than LSU and just be a better fan base in general...a lot of the people who argue on here and have nothing negative to say would scare off anyone who had two brain cells left in there head. Bottom line enjoy the program and quit whining. My dad took me to Hogs game in WMS when I was younger against Tennessee and we won...and the place went nuts. I was at a the game against Auburn when we won 28-27 a few years back in WMS, and everything went nuts. It is part of our history and the great NWA thinks they are the future of the Razorback program and that the rest of the state should bow down and bask in the glory of North West Arkansas. A bunch of horse excriment!

I heart tokencracker.
Go away, batin'

Kendall

Quote from: gohawgsgo on August 08, 2007, 01:49:53 pm
Quote from: Kendall on August 08, 2007, 01:46:37 pm
All games should be in Fayetteville, if Little Rock wants some football have UALR field a team.

I guess we better keep two games there since that area fields a big part of the team.  Playing on campus is big, but LR is good for the program.

If the Razorbacks quit playing in Little Rock its not like all the high school kids are gonna forget about UA.  Plus according to Nuttso  he only wants kids who want to be Razorbacks so if those kids go elsewhere he could care less.

humphrey

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 02:45:36 pm

If TN fans painted their faces orange, does that mean Hog fans should, too?  Besides, TN has more than one SEC team.

Perhaps Hog fans shouldn't paint their faces orange, but they could follow the concept and paint their face their own team's colors.

If you want another team comparison, let's look at Florida.  Gainesville is in northern Florida.  Gator fans from Miami just have to drive to Gainesville.  Athens, GA, is in northern GA.  Bulldog fans in Valdosta simply have to drive to Athens.  Both of those states have only one SEC team.

Want another??  I'll concede that its not SEC, but Lincoln NE, is on the far east side of Nebraska, but their fans don't whine when games are played at HOME.

WMS may have played a part of Hog history, but it is not helping Hog future.  Some people like the past -- they hang on to that ONE national championship, they still talk about the game of the century, the Ambush in Austin, and the Miracle on Markham.  You can live in the past and fall behind, or you can look to the future and improve.

007 License To Squeal

August 08, 2007, 02:56:05 pm #61 Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:58:16 pm by 007 License To Squeal
Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:53:27 pm

Perhaps Hog fans shouldn't paint their faces orange, but they could follow the concept and paint their face their own team's colors.

If you want another team comparison, let's look at Florida.  Gainesville is in northern Florida.  Gator fans from Miami just have to drive to Gainesville.  Athens, GA, is in northern GA.  Bulldog fans in Valdosta simply have to drive to Athens.  Both of those states have only one SEC team.

Want another??  I'll concede that its not SEC, but Lincoln NE, is on the far east side of Nebraska, but their fans don't whine when games are played at HOME.

WMS may have played a part of Hog history, but it is not helping Hog future.  Some people like the past -- they hang on to that ONE national championship, they still talk about the game of the century, the Ambush in Austin, and the Miracle on Markham.  You can live in the past and fall behind, or you can look to the future and improve.

How many of those teams had a tradition of playing on two home fields? and yes, LR is a home field.

When DMAC is gone, Frank will need the WMS crowds.

humphrey

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 02:56:05 pm
Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:53:27 pm

How many of those teams had a tradition of playing on two home fields? and yes, LR is a home field.

Isn't a home field at home?  If so, I can't say that I knew that the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville was in Little Rock.

But, should traditions be continued just because they're traditions?  Paying to use WMS takes money away from the kids on the team -- they could have even better facilities and opportunities with that money.  Is the tradition of taking money from the program (the kids) one that should continue?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 03:00:49 pm

But, should traditions be continued just because they're traditions?  Paying to use WMS takes money away from the kids on the team -- they could have even better facilities and opportunities with that money.  Is the tradition of taking money from the program (the kids) one that should continue?

Playing in WMS is a tradition worth keeping, IMO.

The Marmot

Heres the scenario that would make sense to me for playing games in LR:

1. Bulldoze the dump that is WMS.
2. LR builds a new, nice stadium worthy of the Razorbacks. I wouldn't even mind if the UofA pay for a SMALL portion of the construction.
3. All of the games be played in RRS during construction.
4. No rent be charged to the UofA for the use of the new stadium.
5. 2 non-con games be played there.

I would have no problem with that.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

tokencracker

Arkansas has no major sports team...sorry the travelers don't really count...and hockey is in the wrong state. So leaving college teams and the Hogs are really the only team that counts period. Therefore, Arkansas with a total population under 3,000,000 is a small state which lives and dies with the Hogs...making the state of Arkansas the home of the Razorbacks...not just that little corner up northwest that claims to be the best thing since sliced bread. LR games are a must until you sleezy little turds take away that from the rest of the state.

The Marmot

Quote from: tokencracker on August 08, 2007, 03:13:47 pm
Arkansas has no major sports team...sorry the travelers don't really count...and hockey is in the wrong state. So leaving college teams and the Hogs are really the only team that counts period. Therefore, Arkansas with a total population under 3,000,000 is a small state which lives and dies with the Hogs...making the state of Arkansas the home of the Razorbacks...not just that little corner up northwest that claims to be the best thing since sliced bread. LR games are a must until you sleezy little turds take away that from the rest of the state.

Sleezy little turds??

You're hatred/jealousy is pathetic.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

tokencracker

And to the person that quoted me and agreed with "basking in the glory of North West Arkansas", I was being sarcastic.

BustinANutt

Memphis is a weird town in regards to football loyalty. I would guess that Memphis is the number two out of state town for Razorback support (behind Dallas of course) When you drive around in Memphis you see that it is a town divided. There are four major programs being supported in Memphis. UT, Memphis, Arkansas, Ole Miss. It is really hard to tell which one of those four has the majority of the fans. If Tenn. had been playing two games in Memphis for the past 60 years, they would all be Vols fans. Memphis would still Memphis State and would not have a football team and the Vols would be a much stronger program in recruits and supporters.

UAfan

As a   LR Razorback fan my vote goes to moving the LSU game to Fayetteville.

1.  You've got very nice facilities and an opportunity to showcase them to your top recruits against a perennial powerhouse.  If you happen to get a W than perhaps you sway those fence riders with that win alone.  Not to mention catching an LSU recruit or two.

2.  WMS is a craphole and a good number of the fans there are drunk rednecks who have nothing better to do.  Don't get me wrong I don't mind putting MSU or Louisiana Monroe there, but the LSU games deserve the 72 thousand at RRS.

3.  Taking two games away from Fayetteville is a crime in and of itself, much less taking the LSU game away from it.  We renovated RRS to accomodate the fans and players.  Therefore reward them by putting at least one more game in Fayetteville, preferably an SEC game.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 08, 2007, 03:11:07 pm

2. LR builds a new, nice stadium worthy of the Razorbacks. I wouldn't even mind if the UofA pay for a SMALL portion of the construction.

What the heck, let's get a real war going here.  Build a new stadium in NORTH Little Rock.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on August 08, 2007, 03:31:56 pm
Quote from: The Marmot on August 08, 2007, 03:11:07 pm

What the heck, let's get a real war going here.  Build a new stadium in NORTH Little Rock.

That would be a perfect place for the Trojans to play!

BustinANutt

Quote from: UAfan on August 08, 2007, 03:25:58 pm
As a   LR Razorback fan my vote goes to moving the LSU game to Fayetteville.

1.  You've got very nice facilities and an opportunity to showcase them to your top recruits against a perennial powerhouse.  If you happen to get a W than perhaps you sway those fence riders with that win alone.  Not to mention catching an LSU recruit or two.

2.  WMS is a craphole and a good number of the fans there are drunk rednecks who have nothing better to do.  Don't get me wrong I don't mind putting MSU or Louisiana Monroe there, but the LSU games deserve the 72 thousand at RRS.

3.  Taking two games away from Fayetteville is a crime in and of itself, much less taking the LSU game away from it.  We renovated RRS to accomodate the fans and players.  Therefore reward them by putting at least one more game in Fayetteville, preferably an SEC game.
Why does everyone always complain about the drunken rednecks at WMS. They are LOUD. That is their role to stand up and be LOUD. Being drunk makes fan rowdier and LOUDER. Thats why tailgatting was invented. Thats why you tailgate before the game an not after. I am sorry but drunken fans screaming is as much college football as a marching band. Thats true at Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, Boston College, everywhere.

cbjagman

Guys I really believe one of the main reasons it apparently will remain in LR, at least for the time being, is the timing of the game during Thanksgiving. Sorry, but anyone thinks that the timing of the game during that holiday isn't thinking straight. Yes, no doubt RRS is bigger than WMS and under normal circumstances you'd likely see the game moved to Fayetteville. However, with a good number of students gone during that Thanksgiving weekend and many other fans unlikely to travel far from home during that time the attendance at RRS would very likely be WELL BELOW the sell out you'd typically get for that game. Much of the revenue advantage would likely be lost as a result. Now if the game were moved to a date earlier in the season you'd likely have it moved to the U of A campus.

The Marmot

Quote from: cbjagman on August 08, 2007, 03:41:05 pm
Guys I really believe one of the main reasons it apparently will remain in LR, at least for the time being, is the timing of the game during Thanksgiving. Sorry, but anyone thinks that the timing of the game during that holiday isn't thinking straight. Yes, no doubt RRS is bigger than WMS and under normal circumstances you'd likely see the game moved to Fayetteville. However, with a good number of students gone during that Thanksgiving weekend and many other fans unlikely to travel far from home during that time the attendance at RRS would very likely be WELL BELOW the sell out you'd typically get for that game. Much of the revenue advantage would likely be lost as a result. Now if the game were moved to a date earlier in the season you'd likely have it moved to the U of A campus.

It think there would be plenty of people there to pack the stadium.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

DickSonstreetDFW

The whole students being gone thing is an irrational justification.

Its an SEC game.

LSU is fast becoming our most hated opponent.

People will show up in Fayetteville.

I guaran-darned-tee you there will be far more than 53k at future LSU games in Fayetteville. 

Won't ever be in LR, and about 15k of those who show up in LR are LSU fans.

cbjagman

Quote from: The Marmot on August 08, 2007, 03:45:23 pm
Quote from: cbjagman on August 08, 2007, 03:41:05 pm

It think there would be plenty of people there to pack the stadium.
I would have to humbly disagree.............but then again, there's why there are opinions.

charleyhog

Where is the state legislature at? Who finances the UofA?

Who votes for these legislators?

Sorry, the games stay

End of story

The Marmot

Quote from: charleyhog on August 08, 2007, 03:54:15 pm
Where is the state legislature at? Who finances the UofA?

Who votes for these legislators?

Sorry, the games stay

End of story

That makes exactly zero sense.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

charleyhog

answer..........LITTLE ROCK..........THE LEGISLATURE.........MORE VOTERS FROM THE CENTRAL OF ARKANSAS DOWN TO THE SOUTH

The powers that be, is the state goverment who funds the university, nwa does not fund the uofa these legislators are going to keep their voters happy.

they are the ones imo that will always keep games in little rock, jmho

The Marmot

Quote from: charleyhog on August 08, 2007, 04:08:30 pm
answer..........LITTLE ROCK..........THE LEGISLATURE.........MORE VOTERS FROM THE CENTRAL OF ARKANSAS DOWN TO THE SOUTH

The powers that be, is the state goverment who funds the university, nwa does not fund the uofa these legislators are going to keep their voters happy.

If moving the location of football games affects how people vote, then those people have their priorities waaaayyy out of whack. Our gov't has much, much, much, bigger things on their plate such as education, roads, unemployment... the list goes on.

And for the record, the Razorback Foundation funds the athletic programs.... not the University.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Michaelt

Quote from: humphrey on August 08, 2007, 02:42:20 pm
I'm a youngster??  Just how much do you think you know about this youngster?  Some youngsters may wonder why you can't play EVERY game at home (yourself), but I was pondering why we couldn't play every HOME game at home.

You most certainly know not what you write.

Might want to fully read statements before you reply to them; then you would know I took that way out of context for a reason.
Arkansas plays games in Little Rock because of tradition; now I don't care what games are played in LR: if moving LSU to Fayetteville happens (which would be a mistake IMO) then so be it; I'll be there just as easy as being In LR for the game.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

charleyhog

Quote from: The Marmot on August 08, 2007, 04:13:14 pm

If moving the location of football games affects how people vote, then those people have their priorities waaaayyy out of whack. Our gov't has much, much, much, bigger things on their plate such as education, roads, unemployment... the list goes on.

And for the record, the Razorback Foundation funds the athletic programs.... not the University.

And who has a bigger effect on the RF?

The university or nwa?

The Marmot

Quote from: charleyhog on August 08, 2007, 04:23:07 pm

And who has a bigger effect on the RF?

The university or nwa?

Of those 2 choices, the University. The fans can affect the RF the most.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Michaelt

If they play in Little Rock, I'll be there; if they play in Fayetteville, I'll be there.
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hawgwilde

[quote author=007 License To Squeal link=topic=146508.msg2308969#msg2308969

When DMAC is gone, Frank will need the WMS crowds.
[/quote]

Let me guess, you were probably one of the ones who said that "There is no I in team.  The Hogs are bigger than Mustain and Williams."  That argument is weak! 
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

007 License To Squeal

Incorrect, my Friend.  Houston Nutt is a State employee.  The taxpayers pay part of his salary.

The Marmot

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on August 08, 2007, 07:18:03 pm

Incorrect, my Friend.  Houston Nutt is a State employee.  The taxpayers pay part of his salary.

OK. You got me there. But a vast majority of the athletic budget is provided by the Foundation.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!