Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Univ. of Tulsa Has Higher Aspirations than the UofA Head Coach....

Started by Hogphilia, August 02, 2007, 06:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sggrant323 on August 04, 2007, 11:38:34 am
Ya know, who really cares at this point?  Nutt is our coach, and there is nothing any of us can do about it until we have a terrible season, at which point everyone can say, "we told you so."  While I think these topics are fun for some and give people a chance to have a dick swinging contest as to who can pull up the most obscure stats for random teams throughout the country, at this point I think people should be more focused on that clock at the top of the website that is counting down.  Don't get me wrong, I hate Nutt, but I love the hogs, so if we have to be led by a jackass, then my love for the hogs will override any disdain I have for Nutt.  See you in 28 days. :)

Missing the point entirely.
Go Hogs Go!

The Great Hambino

I'm not saying I want to put up with him, because I don't.  However, at the same time, I realize that there is nothing I can do that will expedite his removal, other than not attend games, which I don't want to do.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sggrant323 on August 04, 2007, 12:21:48 pm
I'm not saying I want to put up with him, because I don't.  However, at the same time, I realize that there is nothing I can do that will expedite his removal, other than not attend games, which I don't want to do.

Do you think that I really want to miss Razorback games? Man, I LOVE going to Razorback games and calling the Hogs and being a part of all that is the Razorbacks. I have not had so much fun in all my life. The pagentry, the game, the fans, all that leads up to a game........I absolutely love it. It truly is, one of the most fun and exciting things that I have ever been involved in and one of the best venues I have ever been able to experience anything like this. Problem is, if we go to games, all is well with the BOT, that is all they care about, the ticket revenues, the concessions, the apparel purchases, the reserved parking. It is all revenue to them. As long as they have that, HDN will remain the HC. It is only until we affect the pocketbooks of the university(sadly) that change will come. We each have to follow our consciences. But the only way a change will be made is if the BOT sees a downturn in revenues and fans voting with their feet.
Go Hogs Go!

Mr. Perfect

MuskogeeHogFan,
If you don't go the games some one else will happily purchase your seat the same way they would purchase mine. It's plain and simple fact the more games Arkansas wins the more revenue it generates. A BCS bowl pays about three times what The Capital One Bowl. Wins equate to revenue. The BOT and the coaches want to have the best team they can it all comes down to money, but don't kid yourself someone will take your place in all facets you detaiiled in your post.  Houston is here to stay.

Do you think that I really want to miss Razorback games? Man, I LOVE going to Razorback games and calling the Hogs and being a part of all that is the Razorbacks. I have not had so much fun in all my life. The pagentry, the game, the fans, all that leads up to a game........I absolutely love it. It truly is, one of the most fun and exciting things that I have ever been involved in and one of the best venues I have ever been able to experience anything like this. Problem is, if we go to games, all is well with the BOT, that is all they care about, the ticket revenues, the concessions, the apparel purchases, the reserved parking. It is all revenue to them. As long as they have that, HDN will remain the HC. It is only until we affect the pocketbooks of the university(sadly) that change will come. We each have to follow our consciences. But the only way a change will be made is if the BOT sees a downturn in revenues and fans voting with their feet.
[/quote]

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 04, 2007, 04:42:44 pm
MuskogeeHogFan,
If you don't go the games some one else will happily purchase your seat the same way they would purchase mine. It's plain and simple fact the more games Arkansas wins the more revenue it generates. A BCS bowl pays about three times what The Capital One Bowl. Wins equate to revenue. The BOT and the coaches want to have the best team they can it all comes down to money, but don't kid yourself someone will take your place in all facets you detaiiled in your post.  Houston is here to stay.

[/quote]

So basically you are just for giving up and resigning yourself to the fact that no matter what is done.........HDN is here as long as he wants to be?
Go Hogs Go!

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2007, 10:17:28 pm
Quote from: HedgeDweller on August 03, 2007, 10:08:53 pm
Quote from: swisshog on August 02, 2007, 08:07:33 pm
Quote from: nuke_lsu on August 02, 2007, 07:57:20 pm
So your boy Gus is a good high school coach. What has he done thats so great.

OC of the year his very first year, pretty much sums it up.

Did he ever send DMac a 'thank you' card for that?

The question I have is, has D-mac ever thanked Gus for getting him out of that traditional power "I" and getting the ball in his hands through the "Wildcat" more often and under more favorable circumstances?

According to Houston it was Danny who put DMac at QB in the Wildcat.

Mr. Perfect

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2007, 11:42:47 pm
MuskogeeHogFan,

So basically you are just for giving up and resigning yourself to the fact that no matter what is done.........HDN is here as long as he wants to be?
[/quote]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I support the Hogs and if they do well then Houston gets credit as well.
I wouldn't say this if I didn't believe it but for the first time in a long time I have faith in Houston. Recruiting seems to be going great, coming off a 10 win season and the coaches all seem to be on the same page. There have been comments made by posters on this board that thy're pulling for the Hogs to lose just to get rid of Nutt that has nothing to do with the coach. That is more of a personal problem. Why would people post on here if they weren't pulling for the hogs?   

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 03, 2007, 10:28:10 pm
Houston called them plays brutha!!!!! I'm aHog Fan and this is a Hog Board. I'm sure all of the presigous C-USA Universities have great expectations, but playing a C-USA schedule and not expecting to do well would really be sad. You guys realize Tulsa is the smallest school in Division 1A their standards will never be as high as any SEC program.

Their standards can be much higher given their position.  Arkansas strives to win a division title, shared or otherwise, every year.  Tulsa is striving to win its conference.  Of course C-USA is lighter than the SEC, but Tulsa doesn't have the same caliber of players.

But simply because you're on a higher level doesn't mean you're automatically wishing to achieve more.  There are lazy asses in the executive dept. of every company, and there are hardworking perfectionists in the mail room of that company.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 05, 2007, 12:03:44 am
I support the Hogs and if they do well then Houston gets credit as well.
I wouldn't say this if I didn't believe it but for the first time in a long time I have faith in Houston. Recruiting seems to be going great, coming off a 10 win season and the coaches all seem to be on the same page. There have been comments made by posters on this board that thy're pulling for the Hogs to lose just to get rid of Nutt that has nothing to do with the coach. That is more of a personal problem. Why would people post on here if they weren't pulling for the hogs?  

Hope springs eternal.  Even devoid of evidence.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

silvertip

Quote from: ceegar on August 02, 2007, 09:03:56 pm
Well, coaches say a lot of things and use a lot of different phrases to either inspire or put a fire under some people.  Most of you would take the great Bobby Bowden in place of Nutty and just this week he said "Maybe we will be just as good as some of the teams we play this year."  What does that mean.  He thinks they are not as good as some and worse than others or what?

Get a sense of humor and you'll know what Bowden meant.  I'll spell it for you: j-o-k-e.

silvertip

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 05, 2007, 12:03:44 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 04, 2007, 11:42:47 pm
MuskogeeHogFan,

I support the Hogs and if they do well then Houston gets credit as well.
[/quote]

pulling for the hogs = rooting against Nutt. Nothing complicated about it.

Things would not have gotten to this point if Frank, White and the BOT had taken care of business. Hoping Nutt has a couple of embarrassing losses, in order to get his ass fired---that's the next to last step for some fans. The last step is giving up altogether.

T-Town

The question I have is, has D-mac ever thanked Gus for getting him out of that traditional power "I" and getting the ball in his hands through the "Wildcat" more often and under more favorable circumstances?
[/quote]

hopefully not, while the Cat helps Arkansas win games and impressess Heisman voters, it's not what the NFL would like to see in assessing Darren.
...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...

hawgsrule86

Quote from: swisshog on August 04, 2007, 06:09:44 am
Quote from: claytongray on August 03, 2007, 10:19:08 pm
Quote from: swisshog on August 02, 2007, 07:48:53 pm
Go Gus, go TULSA!  Go for the glory why we strive and settle to be 2nd best.

When are you going to change your username?

In case you didn't notice, this IS a thread about Tulsa.

In case you didn't notice, this is a Razorback board. Nice picture of a Tulsa assistant. Some kind of crush?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: T-Town on August 05, 2007, 03:04:23 pm

hopefully not, while the Cat helps Arkansas win games and impressess Heisman voters, it's not what the NFL would like to see in assessing Darren.
[/quote]

FYI-under the traditional power "I" D-Mac would not have had the yards that he did last year with the Wildcat. And I can assure you the NFL has assessed D-Mac and probably know all they need to know already.
Go Hogs Go!

T-Town

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2007, 03:08:31 pm
Quote from: T-Town on August 05, 2007, 03:04:23 pm

FYI-under the traditional power "I" D-Mac would not have had the yards that he did last year with the Wildcat. And I can assure you the NFL has assessed D-Mac and probably know all they need to know already.
[/quote]

Yeah, I get that, the point is he will never be used like that and it's harder to assess his abilities out of a power I he will likely be used in. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer for you.

...it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...

T-Town

this is a snooty board. I can't make a post and agree or disagree here without someone getting snappy about it. You guys do realize you are Arkansas right. I love the Razorbacks but lighten up and laugh a bit. I've made tons of money over the years laughing about being a hillbilly and endearing people to it. lighten up!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: T-Town on August 05, 2007, 03:26:43 pm
this is a snooty board. I can't make a post and agree or disagree here without someone getting snappy about it. You guys do realize you are Arkansas right. I love the Razorbacks but lighten up and laugh a bit. I've made tons of money over the years laughing about being a hillbilly and endearing people to it. lighten up!!!

Snappy? Snooty? I hope you aren't referring to my answer to your post? If you view an opposing viewpoint as being snappy or snooty, I'd suggest approaching this with a little less sensitivity.
Go Hogs Go!

T-Town

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2007, 03:31:29 pm

Snappy? Snooty? I hope you aren't referring to my answer to your post? If you view an opposing viewpoint as being snappy or snooty, I'd suggest approaching this with a little less sensitivity.

no, your post was ok, I could see you didn't understand. I just find the attitude of most of these threads i read pretty low about your program and state. It's a shame.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: T-Town on August 05, 2007, 03:35:47 pm

no, your post was ok, I could see you didn't understand. I just find the attitude of most of these threads i read pretty low about your program and state. It's a shame.

You haven't been here long. There is good reason for many people to be upset and sensitive about the Arkansas program. If you just go back peruse older threads you will get a lot of background on this and you will see why some people are totally ticked.
Go Hogs Go!

T-Town

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 05, 2007, 03:38:22 pm
Quote from: T-Town on August 05, 2007, 03:35:47 pm

You haven't been here long. There is good reason for many people to be upset and sensitive about the Arkansas program. If you just go back peruse older threads you will get a lot of background on this and you will see why some people are totally ticked.

and that's my concern as my nephew is considering this football program along with others. I was born in Fayetteville and keep up with the program.

atekido

that BCS champ in construction is i think the same phase as the road construction in little rock.

aaron_c

I didn't read through all the posts here, I don't have much time...I just thought I'd add that I don't see how planning to win the C-USA or whatever conference is a higher aspiration that winning the SEC.  If the Tulsa and Arkansas coach switched positions, I'd bet Nutt could win a C-USA title and Graham may never win one in the SEC, due to the slight difference in talent...