Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Univ. of Tulsa Has Higher Aspirations than the UofA Head Coach....

Started by Hogphilia, August 02, 2007, 06:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogphilia

Boy, you know it is time for a change when a mid-level up and coming program has higher aspirations than Division 1 Arkansas....How refreshing just hearing the interview with new Tulsa Head Coach Todd Graham just now on KJRH Channel 2 in Tulsa.

Coach Graham says "We're going to win the Conf. USA Title and Win our Bowl Game.  We're not interested in just getting to a bowl and losing.  If we don't win our Bowl Game, we are not doing our jobs." 

Take that Mr. "No betta than 7-8th in potential in the SEC" and Mr. "We need to get back to a Bowl"....Woe be unto us with Lil Abner and Pee Paw setting expectations at UofA.

FootballHog

Quote from: Hogphilia on August 02, 2007, 06:35:24 pm
Boy, you know it is time for a change when a mid-level up and coming program has higher aspirations than Division 1 Arkansas....How refreshing just hearing the interview with new Tulsa Head Coach Todd Graham just now on KJRH Channel 2 in Tulsa.

Coach Graham says "We're going to win the Conf. USA Title and Win our Bowl Game.  We're not interested in just getting to a bowl and losing.  If we don't win our Bowl Game, we are not doing our jobs." 

Take that Mr. "No betta than 7-8th in potential in the SEC" and Mr. "We need to get back to a Bowl"....Woe be unto us with Lil Abner and Pee Paw setting expectations at UofA.

Vanderbilts players and coaches also said they were going to go to a BCS game this year, though I doubt they win more than 2 SEC games.

And what makes you think that Nutt and the players dont want to win?

Pig_Lebowski

351hog

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 02, 2007, 06:42:19 pm
Mid level joke?  As a fan, you are a mid-level joke.

You think Tulsa is better than a mid level program?

Hogphilia

Quote from: hogtheznutts on August 02, 2007, 06:39:50 pm

Your kidding right?  This is a Razorback board and I would say we compete on a little bit of a different level and yes we are striving to WIN the SEC!   Give it up Tulsa is a mid-level joke and will stay that way, Gus or not!

Wake up, I am not saying Tulsa is good or bad.  I am saying they have something that we don't have a REAL coach who strives to exceed expectations and WIN bowl games....not just GET to a bowl and play well.

Keep drinkin that koolaid.

Hogphilia

Quote from: FootballHog on August 02, 2007, 06:39:57 pm

Vanderbilts players and coaches also said they were going to go to a BCS game this year, though I doubt they win more than 2 SEC games.

Because of Nutt's own statements...check 'em out....He frequently says We plan to get to a bowl game this year.  Maybe if he planned to win them he might have more than 2 bowl wins.

donthaveone

Didn't a coach at Arkansas write on a chalk board "National Championship Under Construction" when he first took the job? Only to be mocked ever since (probably rightfully so). The coach at Tulsa can say whatever he wants, especially when 2/3rd's of his schools alum and fans can't name 5 other teams in Tulsa's conference or how many teams are in his conference to begin with. The Iraqi Minister of Information felt like the Iraqi Republican Gaurd was whippin the US invasion and turning them back easily, how did that turn out?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: donthaveone on August 02, 2007, 07:39:36 pm
Didn't a coach at Arkansas write on a chalk board "National Championship Under Construction" when he first took the job? Only to be mocked ever since (probably rightfully so). The coach at Tulsa can say whatever he wants, especially when 2/3rd's of his schools alum and fans can't name 5 other teams in Tulsa's conference or how many teams are in his conference to begin with. The Iraqi Minister of Information felt like the Iraqi Republican Gaurd was whippin the US invasion and turning them back easily, how did that turn out?

Been polling TU's fan's or just an opinion? And I wouldn't bring the Iraqi Minister of Information into this, the power base in Arkansas makes them look like amateurs when it comes to disinformation. Oh, and that NC under construction? I'd like to know what phase that is in after 9 years? If he were a construction superintendent, he'd be canned.
Go Hogs Go!

Silver Hog

Go Gus, go TULSA!  Go for the glory why we strive and settle to be 2nd best.

donthaveone

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 07:46:36 pm

Been polling TU's fan's or just an opinion? And I wouldn't bring the Iraqi Minister of Information into this, the power base in Arkansas makes them look like amateurs when it comes to disinformation. Oh, and that NC under construction? I'd like to know what phase that is in after 9 years? If he were a construction superintendent, he'd be canned.

Thanks, You further my point. One can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean they are true and committed to it. 9 years no NC in sight, that bastard still said it and even wrote it down. The coach at Tulsa, (whom ever he is) is in year 1, hell he can say they are going to be in a BCS game on the moon, who gives a flip. His salary, Tulsa's facilities, Tulsa's Conference, Tulsa's History and Tulsa's roster prove to me that their HC (whom ever he is) and his school do not have higher aspirations than the UofA?

Silver Hog

Quote from: nuke_lsu on August 02, 2007, 07:57:20 pm
So your boy Gus is a good high school coach. What has he done thats so great.

OC of the year his very first year, pretty much sums it up.

sooieet

Quote from: swisshog on August 02, 2007, 08:07:33 pm

Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to Jones
Let DMac throw ball to Jones

I could coordinate that. 

Boog41

I thought it was HDN's sorry offense.....??? Guess not??

Cartoon Man

granny grunt

Quote from: sooieet on August 02, 2007, 08:33:19 pm

Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to Jones

I could coordinate that. 
But Nutt couldn't.   He had Mcfadden and Jones the year before Malzahn came in and rolled out the Wildcat.   Remember Nutt's record the year before?   Remember 4 and 7?  And that was with Mcfadden and Jones running for a lot of yardage.   But Nutt-case couldn't figure out how to win even with two great running backs.....hmmmmmmmmmm. 

ceegar

Well, coaches say a lot of things and use a lot of different phrases to either inspire or put a fire under some people.  Most of you would take the great Bobby Bowden in place of Nutty and just this week he said "Maybe we will be just as good as some of the teams we play this year."  What does that mean.  He thinks they are not as good as some and worse than others or what?
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

ceegar

Quote from: granny grunt on August 02, 2007, 08:57:55 pm
And they were both Freshman.

Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to Jones

I could coordinate that. 
But Nutt couldn't.   He had Mcfadden and Jones the year before Malzahn came in and rolled out the Wildcat.   Remember Nutt's record the year before?   Remember 4 and 7?  And that was with Mcfadden and Jones running for a lot of yardage.   But Nutt-case couldn't figure out how to win even with two great running backs.....hmmmmmmmmmm. 
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: donthaveone on August 02, 2007, 08:05:36 pm

Thanks, You further my point. One can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean they are true and committed to it. 9 years no NC in sight, that bastard still said it and even wrote it down. The coach at Tulsa, (whom ever he is) is in year 1, hell he can say they are going to be in a BCS game on the moon, who gives a flip. His salary, Tulsa's facilities, Tulsa's Conference, Tulsa's History and Tulsa's roster prove to me that their HC (whom ever he is) and his school do not have higher aspirations than the UofA?

First, you didn't answer the question so I have to assume that you pulled that one out of your arse to make some kind of mythological point. Second, you continue to refer to Tulsa's coach as "whom ever he is" when his name has been clearly mentioned in this thread so I can only assume that you continue to do so out of some disdain you may have for him or Tulsa. His name, since you apparently didn't bother to read the original thread, is Todd Graham. Since you apparently don't know who he is, he is the one the guys who helped turn West Virginia's program around and then came to Tulsa as their DC at the request of Steve Kragthorpe(another one of those lowly Tulsa coaches that many on here have had on their wish list to replace our current knight in shining armor). Oh, by the way, that lowly former Tulsa HC is now the HC at Louisville. Graham left Tulsa and went to Rice he turned their program around in one year. Now back at Tulsa as the HC, having the experience he has and being the winner he is, yes, he is going to set his goals high and I would say that odds are, he will achieve them.

Now back to you. Please explain how Tulsa's HC salary, their facilties, conference, history or roster makes any point for you? You see, they are a mid major and that was pointed out int he original thread.........oh, but that's right, you didn't read it. How would you possibly know if you didn't read the thread to begin with? But then that explains a lot about your post.

Since you didn't read it, let me give you the reader's digest version. 9 years, no NC's, a pitful bowl record, a record against major out of conference opponents(other than the mid majors you have so much disdain for) of 3-7, and a record of having lost at least 2 SEC games, back to back, year in and year out for 9 years. What the original thread was about was a lack of serious motivation and commitment on the part of Nutt to step out and make bold statements to where he intends to take the program.

But oh, you are right, he wrote that on the blackboard 9 years ago, and if anything changes, HE'LL let US know.
Go Hogs Go!

missippihog

When you are infatuated with Tulsa enough to care what their coach has to say, CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a new team. Hope you and your team have fun this season, I know I and mine will.

JShipCPA

chortle

Mr. "We need to get back to a Bowl"

Dang dude. Don't you know it's good enough just to go to the Magic Kingdom and ride some rides?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: missippihog on August 02, 2007, 09:14:23 pm
When you are infatuated with Tulsa enough to care what their coach has to say, CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a new team. Hope you and your team have fun this season, I know I and mine will.

That's not the issue here and you know it.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogphilia

Quote from: missippihog on August 02, 2007, 09:14:23 pm

I have no great Love for University of Tulsa....I do happen to live in the city of Tulsa and happen to watch the News every evening....and happened tonight to see a refreshing example of a Coach that aspires to something higher than 2nd place in his Division of the Conference....And I simply commented that I would like for us to have a coach who aspired to something higher than being able to point at a 2nd place Ring in front of Coaches who win National Titles.

DirkPiggler

Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to DMac
Hand ball to Jones

I could coordinate that. 

Nutt thought he could coordinate it too.  That was way back in 2005.  How'd that season turn out?
"They've forced my hand on that one."  -  Houston Nutt, November 2005 regarding his future hiring of Gus Mal-a-zahn

sihog

he is wrong they will not win the conf title or the bowl game...
GO HOGS GO

TMc

Hogphilia

Quote from: sihog on August 02, 2007, 09:57:49 pm

he is wrong they will not win the conf title or the bowl game...

Guess what....Neither did Nutt last year nor will he win them both this coming year!

FootballHog

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on August 02, 2007, 09:17:53 pm

Vanderbilt won't win more than 2 huh? 

SEC games? No, not in my opinion. The East is loaded this year. They will beat Ole Miss and Bama.

gohawgsgo

I guess he didn't enjoy getting embarassed by Troy 41-17 on national tv in his bowl last year.  He wants to be a winner this year.  Tulsa program with Kragthorpe was in great shape.  I guess we'll see how the "brilliant ones" advance that program.

donthaveone

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 09:11:17 pm

First, you didn't answer the question so I have to assume that you pulled that one out of your arse to make some kind of mythological point. Second, you continue to refer to Tulsa's coach as "whom ever he is" when his name has been clearly mentioned in this thread so I can only assume that you continue to do so out of some disdain you may have for him or Tulsa. His name, since you apparently didn't bother to read the original thread, is Todd Graham. Since you apparently don't know who he is, he is the one the guys who helped turn West Virginia's program around and then came to Tulsa as their DC at the request of Steve Kragthorpe(another one of those lowly Tulsa coaches that many on here have had on their wish list to replace our current knight in shining armor). Oh, by the way, that lowly former Tulsa HC is now the HC at Louisville. Graham left Tulsa and went to Rice he turned their program around in one year. Now back at Tulsa as the HC, having the experience he has and being the winner he is, yes, he is going to set his goals high and I would say that odds are, he will achieve them.

Now back to you. Please explain how Tulsa's HC salary, their facilties, conference, history or roster makes any point for you? You see, they are a mid major and that was pointed out int he original thread.........oh, but that's right, you didn't read it. How would you possibly know if you didn't read the thread to begin with? But then that explains a lot about your post.

Since you didn't read it, let me give you the reader's digest version. 9 years, no NC's, a pitful bowl record, a record against major out of conference opponents(other than the mid majors you have so much disdain for) of 3-7, and a record of having lost at least 2 SEC games, back to back, year in and year out for 9 years. What the original thread was about was a lack of serious motivation and commitment on the part of Nutt to step out and make bold statements to where he intends to take the program.

But oh, you are right, he wrote that on the blackboard 9 years ago, and if anything changes, HE'LL let US know.

My response is to the TITLE of this THREAD, you must not of read it. If the thread starter or you, think that the coach at Tulsa State has higher aspirations than any coach at Arkansas (Nutt or whom ever takes his place) than he and you have no idea of what big time college football is all about. That Graham guy and his team got throttled in a bowl game this past season by the same Troy team Arkansas is going to throttle in their Spt. 1st scrimmage.

I know all about Nutt's record and how average it is, but his teams (as average of a coach as he is) throttle patsies and have never lost a game to a non-conference patsy like Tulsa State. In fact, I think the patsies at Tulsa State have given the Text Message King a couple of poor scrimmage game wins.

The Graham guy might turn out to be a good coach, but for anyone to think, that a program like Northeast Oklahoma...Uh I mean Tulsa State, has higher aspirations than UofA. They are either very misinformed on College Football or have total distain for the Nuttster and anyone going in and out of the BAC.

Quick, without looking it up, name the rest of the CUSA teams? how many are there in that league anyway? I'll give you uh...Memphis.

razor-trac

To donthaveone:

Didn't want to quote that incredibly long thread. Here is my comment:

First poster dude was saying that Graham(sp) at Tulsa is aggressive. To say that a sunbelt coach can't have higher aspirations than nutty because he is the coach of Tulsa is - well - stupid. Jimmy Johnson was at lowly OK St when Fred Akers was at the mighty Texas. In retrospect, would you hire Akers or Jimmy?

You made so many predictions/assumptions in your post that it makes it useless.

Thanks.
"We have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." BH Obama at inauguration

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future. " BH Obama a couple weeks later

That's what I call change.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: donthaveone on August 03, 2007, 12:55:19 am

My response is to the TITLE of this THREAD, you must not of read it. If the thread starter or you, think that the coach at Tulsa State has higher aspirations than any coach at Arkansas (Nutt or whom ever takes his place) than he and you have no idea of what big time college football is all about. That Graham guy and his team got throttled in a bowl game this past season by the same Troy team Arkansas is going to throttle in their Spt. 1st scrimmage.

I know all about Nutt's record and how average it is, but his teams (as average of a coach as he is) throttle patsies and have never lost a game to a non-conference patsy like Tulsa State. In fact, I think the patsies at Tulsa State have given the Text Message King a couple of poor scrimmage game wins.

The Graham guy might turn out to be a good coach, but for anyone to think, that a program like Northeast Oklahoma...Uh I mean Tulsa State, has higher aspirations than UofA. They are either very misinformed on College Football or have total distain for the Nuttster and anyone going in and out of the BAC.

Quick, without looking it up, name the rest of the CUSA teams? how many are there in that league anyway? I'll give you uh...Memphis.

I can see you have a total grasp of the facts here. I don't need to look at Conference USA, I can name most of the teams, but hey, I follow SEC football, not Conference USA. But that doesn't mean that I don't agree with the guy who posted this thread. As for your grasp on facts, Tulsa did not play Troy in their bowl game. They played Utah, genius. And they did get beat, but they weren't throttled, as you put it, they lost 25-13.

And wow, you admit that Nutt's record is no better than average and extol his virtue of being able to whip up on mid major's? What a great reference you would be for him!

And thank you for furthering MY POINT. You have no idea whether Tulsa fans/alumni can name their Conference USA opponents. You pulled that one out of your arse just as you pulled the reference to Troy, demonstrating to us all, that you have no idea what you are talking about. Head back to the bar pal.
Go Hogs Go!

Michaelt

Having high aspirations, being aggressive, saying they'll win...those are things that are expected of a coach at the first of the season. Graham has no choice other than to fill his fans heads with thoughts of a conference title and a bowl win. There are 100+ head coaches at this point in the season are telling their fans, their news crews, their players that they are going to win their conference, win their bowl game.

What would you expect Graham to say "Well, we're gonna play hard, maybe we'll win enough games to get bowl eligible, we could trip up a few teams and steal some wins".

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Pig_Lebowski

351hog,
Division I
Division I-AA
Division II
Division III

Tulsa, my friend, is a Division I program.  Just because you don't respect it, like it, care for it, think of it, doesn't detract from the FACT that it is a Division I program.  Why is it that Tulsa has its Coaches hired away by major programs, but your hero hasn't had an assistant go anywhere, except home to bed, or Texarkana High School?

Hogphilia

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 03, 2007, 06:37:07 am
Quote from: donthaveone on August 03, 2007, 12:55:19 am

I can see you have a total grasp of the facts here. I don't need to look at Conference USA, I can name most of the teams, but hey, I follow SEC football, not Conference USA. But that doesn't mean that I don't agree with the guy who posted this thread. As for your grasp on facts, Tulsa did not play Troy in their bowl game. They played Utah, genius. And they did get beat, but they weren't throttled, as you put it, they lost 25-13.

And wow, you admit that Nutt's record is no better than average and extol his virtue of being able to whip up on mid major's? What a great reference you would be for him!

And thank you for furthering MY POINT. You have no idea whether Tulsa fans/alumni can name their Conference USA opponents. You pulled that one out of your arse just as you pulled the reference to Troy, demonstrating to us all, that you have no idea what you are talking about. Head back to the bar pal.

Thanks MuskogeeFan for "getting" the point of my post.  You know, I don't know why I abide with these hopeless apologists from the BAC...they will demean, demonize, tear down ANYTHING that even hints of criticism for Li'l Abner.  Name me one player or coach that has left the program (without first saluting Abner) where the Nutt Nation and MSM didn't totally try to spread lies and tear down their character.  They did it to Malzahn, Mustain (and are still doing it), Damian Williams, Zac Clark, Matt Gilbow, and Michael Coe (why??)....Now they are starting to attack Andrew Norman...saying he never was any good anyway.

These people are so predictable.  After Abner pulled Mustain and the talk was out that Mustain called Abner a dork, several insiders on here posted to "look out" you are going to hear rumors (started by the BAC) that Mustain is a trouble maker and started a fight in the dorm.  This was a concerted plot by Abner and MSM to proactively try to turn the public against Mustain....sure as the sun, they started spreading those lies a few days later.  Then when a number of people (including RA's) said nothing could be further from the truth that Mustain was a model student and resident....they changed the story to Beck Campbell is a "witch".

IMHO, Abner and his petty, hypocritical MSM are some of the most wicked people there are....Standing up making statements about you need to support the kids and they all the time plot against any player (even setting players against each other....a la Code Red) who doesn't pay homage to everything that proceeds from the mouth of Abner.

Anyway, thanks for helping me to point out that we have a Coach who just went to Hoover Alabama and stuck his ring in the face of Steve Spurier, Phil Fulmer, Urban Meyer, and Mark Richt....Can you imagine the "hoot" those guys had that night drinking beer together talking about Arkansas' beloved 2nd Place Champion - Li'l Abner????  Just imagine Bob Stoops or Jimmy Johonson pointing to a 2nd place finish and bragging about their ring....let that settle in for a minute...  Just Amazing that the PTB put up with the embarrassment that this man brings on our University!

Michaelt

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 03, 2007, 07:08:58 am
Why is it that Tulsa has its Coaches hired away by major programs, but your hero hasn't had an assistant go anywhere, except home to bed, or Texarkana High School?

You've made a couple of statements that are in direct conflict with each other. You said that Tulsa is a Division I program.
You said that Arkansas (I'm assuming by the "your hero" statement) hasn't had an assistant go anywhere, except home to bed, or Texarkana High School.

Gus Malzahn was hired away from Arkansas to go to Tulsa. So are you saying that Tulsa is not a program worth mentioning of an assistant going to? If so, then you're kind of shooting your claim in its' collective foot.

Pig_Lebowski

Michaelt

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 03, 2007, 07:25:52 am
Was he "hired away", or did he go looking?

Is that a hanging point? From what I recall, he was offered a job at Tulsa, and accepted. I don't know if he called Graham and said "Hey, offer me a job and I'll take it", so I can't positively answer your question.

Pig_Lebowski

And was Coach Grahams interest in him related to his associating with Nutt's "success", or his offensive philosophy, that Coach Graham has read about in Gus's books, and seen on Gus's tapes and DVD's?  Or did Coach Graham discover his offensive genius, while fawning over Houston?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ballhog24 on August 03, 2007, 07:32:22 am
Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 03, 2007, 07:25:52 am
Was he "hired away", or did he go looking?

Is that a hanging point? From what I recall, he was offered a job at Tulsa, and accepted. I don't know if he called Graham and said "Hey, offer me a job and I'll take it", so I can't positively answer your question.

The "alledged" report is that when Nutty Boy sprung the news on Gus that he was being demoted so that they could bring in David Lee, that Gus made the call to Todd Graham at Tulsa, knowing that he was looking for an OC. Logic tells me that if Tulsa had come after Gus originally(or made him an offer), Gus wouldn't have waited until Nutt sprung the "Lee" news on him. If Tulsa were his first choice, he would have approached Nutt about it prior to the fact. So it seems to me that Gus was more or less driven out as opposed to being "lured" away.
Go Hogs Go!

Pig_Lebowski

So no other programs have swooped in, and hired H's boys out from under his tutelage?  Arkansas is not the "cradle of Coaching", under Nutt?  We won't have a Houston Nutt Award, for the best Asst. Coach anytime soon?

bpchristian

A donkey may have aspirations of being a horse in the kentucky derby, he can meditate, concentrate, name it and claim it, think positive thoughts, speak with high aspirations, but at the end of the day, he is still a donkey.  Tulsa will never be in the race and Arkansas will.  Maybe Arkansas can win the race maybe they can't, but they are in the race.
"the righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him." Proverbs 20:7

Pig_Lebowski

I am glad that no one in Boise subscribes to your line of thinking.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 02, 2007, 06:42:19 pm
Mid level joke?  As a fan, you are a mid-level joke.

nice PERSONAL attack rather than coming back with an arguement opposite of his view
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Pig_Lebowski

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

hawgsrule86

I believe Nutt was SEC head coach of the year picked by his peers. Gussy won an internet award. I believe that is enough said............what a joke

PeytonManningSUCKS

Vandy will be better than you think, Nixon their QB can run and pass very effectively, they have a good stable of solid running backs and the best wideout in the SEC in Earl Bennett.  They are no longer a team we can just mark as a W before the season at least not for this season.

bpchristian

Boise...I wonder how many 11-0 seasons - going into bowls -  we would have had if we were playing the teams they play in conference.  As I recall the last time they took a run at us they went home with a beat down.  There is always at least one exception to every rule and I am sure Boise would hand it to Tulsa everyday of the week.
"the righteous man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him." Proverbs 20:7

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bpchristian on August 03, 2007, 07:56:01 am
A donkey may have aspirations of being a horse in the kentucky derby, he can meditate, concentrate, name it and claim it, think positive thoughts, speak with high aspirations, but at the end of the day, he is still a donkey.  Tulsa will never be in the race and Arkansas will.  Maybe Arkansas can win the race maybe they can't, but they are in the race.

Tulsa is a way off from being able to compete week in and week out with teams like there are in the SEC or the Big 12 or any major conference. But don't count them out entirely. There is big, big money at Tulsa and it is being synergized as they just built an athletic center in their north endzone like the Broyles Center and after this season, the stadium gets totally renovated and expanded. All you need is money and a good coach, you'll get the players and a program can move up, if that is it's goal. Look for Tulsa to be a mover and shaker in the future. I'll give them another 5 years in Conference USA and then they will be looking to move up again.
Go Hogs Go!