Previous topic - Next topic

Landonhog

Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:23:44 pm
Quote from: claytongray on August 01, 2007, 08:13:08 pm
Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:12:11 pm
Quote from: claytongray on August 01, 2007, 08:09:48 pm
Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:06:44 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 08:03:55 pm
Would there be this much fuss if he wasn't from Springdale?

Would there be so many people hating on him if he wasn't from Springdale.

You people are idiots. All of you.

You stay classy.

Only as long as you do.

Um, where was I not?

By jumping on the "They will blow it out of proportion" bandwagon. And frankly, I don't care what you think about me. I sleep well at night.

It will be blown out of reasonable proportion.  Only a fool would think otherwise.  Sad, for both sides of the pointless argument.

WilsonHog

Quote from: THHAWG on August 01, 2007, 08:25:46 pm
A few months ago, weren't some claiming Norman was a diehard razorback, dedicated to the team, working hard, and as good if not better than Damian?

Now they say he is not good enough to get any playing time so he is leaving?

Which one is it?

Abso-freakin'-lutely.

piggingout

Good luck to to the kid.  He committed here and helped land mitch.  things didn't work our here for him and I wish him the best of luck.  Probably one of the few times I will post something classy.

pioneerhog

Where does this leave Ben Cleveland?

claytongray

Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:23:44 pm
Quote from: claytongray on August 01, 2007, 08:13:08 pm
Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:12:11 pm
Quote from: claytongray on August 01, 2007, 08:09:48 pm
Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:06:44 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 08:03:55 pm
Would there be this much fuss if he wasn't from Springdale?

Would there be so many people hating on him if he wasn't from Springdale.

You people are idiots. All of you.

You stay classy.

Only as long as you do.

Um, where was I not?

By jumping on the "They will blow it out of proportion" bandwagon. And frankly, I don't care what you think about me. I sleep well at night.

LOL

OK

swinemaster

Good luck Andrew.  It is probably best for you.  No reason to diss on the kid. 

Still two Razorbacks from Springdale.  Maybe they are the two with the least amount of ties to their old coach.  Don't know for sure, just sayin? 

hoghearted

Quote from: CabotHog on August 01, 2007, 08:27:09 pm
Quote from: hoghearted on August 01, 2007, 08:26:02 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 07:54:47 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:53:02 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 07:51:12 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:49:48 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 07:48:22 pm
Verified.  No surprise.

Verified? Are you kidding? Really? What's the deal? Who verified it?

Pay board.

Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 07:49:54 pm
Why would he transfer a month before the season starts?

Dale.

But no announcement yet, right?

You heard it here first.  Gotta love them evil intranets.
Sorry 'shavin, but not Hogville first this time. It was reported on another razorback talk board over an hour ago.

He stated it was from another board.
My mistake. I took his 'you heard it here first' wrong.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogFaninGA

Verified.  No surprise.

Pay board.

Dale.

Sorry 'shavin, but not Hogville first this time. It was reported on another razorback talk board over an hour ago.

:)

We should of broke this yesterday on that board.  Better late than never I guess.  Good luck Andrew.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: pioneerhog on August 01, 2007, 08:28:07 pm
Where does this leave Ben Cleveland?

Hopefully still at TE or WR, and NOT a future at FB.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Porkahontas

Verified.  No surprise.

Pay board.

Dale.

I believe he was stating the reason for the transfer (being "Dale") as being reported on this board first, because that sure as hell wouldn't be reported elsewhere.

hoghearted

Okey Dokey! ;)

As for the stated reason, that wouldn't surprise me a bit.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogFaninGA

Quote from: CallMeHog on August 01, 2007, 08:25:09 pm
I suspect Ben Cleveland stayed because if the rather difficult academic requirements involved these days in transferring. I'll give some credit to Houston Nutt. He certainly gives his player incentive to hit the books!

I have a feeling there are more reasons than that.  Guess some will never know how close he was to leaving.  :)

HogFaninGA

Quote from: RoyalHog on August 01, 2007, 08:30:27 pm
Verified.  No surprise.

Pay board.

Dale.

I believe he was stating the reason for the transfer (being "Dale") as being reported on this board first, because that sure as hell wouldn't be reported elsewhere.

It was reported Dale was the primary reason on that other board.

CorningHog

For all of you counting on the chickens that haven't hatched yet.........i.e. Warren players, the other top out of staters, etc...

It is August 1st.  The committments are non-binding.  IF...dare I say IF, the passing game again is void and pitiful (very likely) and the running game runs aground (2 returning starters, 3 new starters with one a special teams player and part time fullback that never has played OL in college, the other 2 are new OT's and believe me, that is not an easy position in the SEC for rookies and yes I know Garner has played approximately 100 snaps or the equivalency of 2 games against the mop up teams, Valdez played some snaps against Wisconsin but other than that nothing) so the running game could falter some.  Maybe a lot even with McFadden, Jones and Hillis plus Michael Smith, add the other skill players.

People forget about the blockers.  Some think DMAC can do without any blockers.  This will be humorous to watch if the OL can't perform.  DMAC will get hurt if the whole offense is centered around him.  I hope not, but I fear that will happen.

So if these things transpire, do you really think recruiting will maintain?  I doubt unless Butch Davis or someone like that rescues Arkansas.  I can't see a disaster season keeping any decent recruit in check.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 01, 2007, 08:26:40 pm
Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 01, 2007, 08:23:52 pm
Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 01, 2007, 08:20:09 pm
Warren is my new favorite high school team. I think those boys honor their commitments.

Wow. How fickle.

Are coaches not ever held accountable for their commitments to the kids they lie...um, I mean recruit?

Fickle is right.

Three months ago anyone connected with Warren High School was the devil in the eyes of many of these Razorback fans based on...nothing.

Now they're cited as the bastion of all that is right and good with the world...based on nothing.

We have Razorback fans who routinely err by sticking their thumb up their ass, and then compound the problem by sucking on it like it was the necter of life.  

Can we say ass now?  I'm just checking because there are lots of times I wanted to use it but didn't.  I feel it has some literary merit and a$$ just doesn't have the same effect.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FootballHog

Ugh, im 19, im starting to get gray hairs, so I try to be less stressed.

Then this happens.

IronHog

Quote from: CorningHog on August 01, 2007, 08:35:14 pm
For all of you counting on the chickens that haven't hatched yet.........i.e. Warren players, the other top out of staters, etc...

It is August 1st.  The committments are non-binding.  IF...dare I say IF, the passing game again is void and pitiful (very likely) and the running game runs aground (2 returning starters, 3 new starters with one a special teams player and part time fullback that never has played OL in college, the other 2 are new OT's and believe me, that is not an easy position in the SEC for rookies and yes I know Garner has played approximately 100 snaps or the equivalency of 2 games against the mop up teams, Valdez played some snaps against Wisconsin but other than that nothing) so the running game could falter some.  Maybe a lot even with McFadden, Jones and Hillis plus Michael Smith, add the other skill players.

People forget about the blockers.  Some think DMAC can do without any blockers.  This will be humorous to watch if the OL can't perform.  DMAC will get hurt if the whole offense is centered around him.  I hope not, but I fear that will happen.

So if these things transpire, do you really think recruiting will maintain?  I doubt unless Butch Davis or someone like that rescues Arkansas.  I can't see a disaster season keeping any decent recruit in check.

Better to count on a Chicken from Warren than a receiver from the 7A West.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

TuckFexas

Do some of you folks hating on Norman post with your pitchforks nearby? Good Lord.

Good luck Andrew, sorry it turned out this way.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect

I wish Andrew the best and hope he has a great career.

USCoastGuard

its true...no its not....now its true? What?
Come back over Gus!

FootballHog

Any clue as to where he is going?

claytongray

Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 08:48:31 pm

An increasingly popular school very close to Arkansas.

hawgbawb

Did HDN promise something to him other than that he'd get a fair shot? Was he promised that they wouldn't recruit anymore receivers?  Is the player saying that he was mistreated, or are people just speculating? 

Players leave for greener pastures at colleges across the nation every week of the year. Sometimes it's the best for everyone.  I hope that is the case in this situation.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Immensehog

Please God, make it stop.

Can our University go 3 days without being a laughing stock for the rest of the country?
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: Immensehog on August 01, 2007, 08:52:13 pm

Can our University go 3 days without being a laughing stock for the rest of the country?

"The rest of the country" doesn't care about Andrew Norman.

Beau McCastlain

August 01, 2007, 08:54:51 pm #76 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 10:42:31 pm by Beau McCastlain
Quote from: hawgbawb on August 01, 2007, 08:50:20 pm
Did HDN promise something to him other than that he'd get a fair shot? Was he promised that they wouldn't recruit anymore receivers?  Is the player saying that he was mistreated, or are people just speculating? 

Players leave for greener pastures at colleges across the nation every week of the year. Sometimes it's the best for everyone.  I hope that is the case in this situation.
Quote from: claytongray on August 01, 2007, 08:50:16 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 08:48:31 pm

An increasingly popular school very close to Arkansas.

He was either thinking of or tried to put in for his release today and was asked to sleep on it. They will take a look at 3 to 4 other schools. Tulsa is in that group.
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

FootballHog

We are a laughing stock because a player transfered?

Wow, just....wow....

This is what I was talking about when I said "blown out of proportion".

The rest of the country wont even hear about this because the rest of the country doesnt care that a WR transferred. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Lanlord

Springdale had 5
Ark. got 4
Nutt ran off 3
USC took 2
And they're ranked #1

Immensehog

Quote from: rzrbcks2120 on August 01, 2007, 08:53:54 pm

If true, this will be on Page 1 of ESPN's college football page tomorrow.  And I'm sure other national publications, and talking heads on radio and t.v.  will mention it.

They love airing our laundry here lately.

Mr. Perfect

I would say the smallest school in division 1a and he will have a great career at Tulsa.

TuckFexas

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 01, 2007, 08:50:20 pm

It doesn't strike you as odd that 3 highly touted recruits (a 5* and two 4*) have all transferred after their first year here? Why are the pastures greener away from the Hill? Why have there been whispers that other players are unhappy over the past few months? Is it a darksider conspiracy? Magic 8 ball says "no."
Famous quote.

FootballHog

Quote from: Immensehog on August 01, 2007, 08:56:56 pm

If true, this will be on Page 1 of ESPN's college football page tomorrow.  And I'm sure other national publications, and talking heads on radio and t.v.  will mention it.

Is every other player who transfered today going to be on the front page of ESPN tomorrow? No one outside of the state of Arkansas really even knows who Norman is.

Relax..

rzrbcks2120

Stop kidding yourself. No national talking head will mention Andrew Norman transferring. It might appear on ESPN.com's college football page but it's by no means a major story.

TuckFexas

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on August 01, 2007, 08:55:42 pm
I dont care about Andrew norman! If he doesnt wanna be a hog then Good Bye! Not like He was gonna make much of an impact! To be honest i had forgot we even had him!!

Ugh. I hope you're kidding.
Famous quote.

Beau McCastlain

Guys don't let this thread get ugly. He's a kid making a decision he feels is best for his future. If you want to wish him luck....wish him luck.  If you don't care......don't post and don't feel obligated to tell us you do not care. If you still mad at HDN, go post in another thread. Do not hijack this thread...that goes for both sides!!!
"Hey!!! Let's go huntin'!!!"

hoghearted

Given the drama surrounding the program over the last 7 months, you are foolish to believe they won't pick up on this latest tidbit. Where you might see 'just another player transferring', reporters may well see 'an alarming trend'.

rzrbcks2120

Quote from: hoghearted on August 01, 2007, 09:04:00 pm

Given the drama surrounding the program over the last 7 months, you are foolish to believe they won't pick up on this latest tidbit. Where you might see 'just another player transferring', reporters may well see 'an alarming trend'.

I don't know why they'd see it as alarming. The guy was buried on the depth chart and we have a great group of receivers committed for the '08 class. The Mustain and Williams transfers were alarming, this one is not.

Scott E.

Hmmm...  I wonder which side of the desk leaked this information to the pay boards.

hoghearted

Maybe not alarming, but a trend, perhaps? And not a good one.

BravesHawg

Quote from: Beau McCastlain on August 01, 2007, 09:01:32 pm
  Guys don't let this thread get ugly. He's a kid making a decision he feels is best for his future. If you want to wish him luck....wish him luck.  If you don't care......don't post and don't feel obligated to tell us you do not care. If you still mad at HDN, go post in another thread. Do not hijack this thread...that goes for both sides!!!

Thank you, lots of uninformed posts from both sides. Players transfer all the time to find a situation that better suits them for football, academics, homelife, or otherwise. Doesn't mean the coach hates the kid or the kid can't compete.

Good luck Andrew.

FootballHog

Quote from: hoghearted on August 01, 2007, 09:07:48 pm
Maybe not alarming, but a trend, perhaps? And not a good one.

So far, the only players that have transfered are from Springdale. Not hatin on Springdale or anything, but thats a fact. I dont see it being a trend with the rest of the team.

oldbooniehog

To all you "Kids transfer all the time" posters.

There are some facts staring you straight in the face on this transfer, which you either don't see or refuse to see.

This player is transferring, oh, what, two days before fall practice starts?

He is transferring AFTER he's already used up his redshirt year???

And he now becomes the third player from a highly-regarded group of athletes all from the same school to transfer within what, nine months of each other?

When players transfer two days before fall practice starts after they've used up their redshirt year, it is not a regular, plain old transfer.

obh

Immensehog

Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 08:59:17 pm

Is every other player who transfered today going to be on the front page of ESPN tomorrow? No one outside of the state of Arkansas really even knows who Norman is.

Relax..

Gus, Mitch, Damien, Heath, Altman, assistant track coach on trial.

None of this has been on the National scene?

You can't read a preview of our team anywhere without a mention of our tumultuous off-season on the hill.

I'm not making any commentary at all on the merits of the transfer, just tired of the U of A looking silly.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: USC on August 01, 2007, 09:06:43 pm
Hmmm...  I wonder which side of the desk leaked this information to the pay boards.

The site that first reported this is a free board.

Silver Hog

Thanks dale, we'll take him over here at Tulsa!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Why should we have to post on another thread just if we are still mad at HDN, especially if we believe he is the reason Norman and a few others transferred?

That is just plain ridiculous.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Flatfoot

Quote from: Lanlord on August 01, 2007, 08:56:36 pm
Springdale had 5
Ark. got 4
Nutt ran off 3
USC took 2
And they're ranked #1

Post of the Week  Plus 1
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 09:23:38 pm

Why should we have to post on another thread just if we are still mad at HDN, especially if we believe he is the reason Norman and a few others transferred?

That is just plain ridiculous.

Agreed.  This is a thread about AN transferring.  Not a good luck and farewell thread.  I thinkwe should be able to comment on

1. Why he transferred
2. If Nutt is to blame and why
3. Is it just coincidence that all but one of the Springdale guys is now gone
4. How this will affect the team.

With that being said,  It should not be an opportunity to bash the kid or impune his character, or belittle him in any way.

We have rules about bashing the players.  The coaches in regards to coaching matters (and this is one) have always been fair game.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgPilot

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 07:59:45 pm
Quote from: USCoastGuard on August 01, 2007, 07:58:52 pm
Verified.  No surprise.

Pay board.

Dale.

you still didnt answer his question....

Yes I did.  His head coach is a liar and he sucks.

Damn.  Thought you were still not posting....