Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 04:02:40 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 03:22:07 pm
Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 03:02:29 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 03:00:12 pm
Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 02:58:19 pm
Quote from: abostian on August 02, 2007, 01:27:14 pm
Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 07:48:13 am
Quote from: Pig_Lebowski on August 02, 2007, 07:29:08 am
Mitch went to USC even though they have Booty and Sanchez. Green went to USC even though they signed Joe McNight. Neither shied away from future competition.  Yet you are implying that NN is afraid to compete?

Was Norman a 4-5 star player with offers from just about every bigtime school in the nation?  Not saying he is a bad player, b/c I dont think that...but I'm saying he is NOT on the same level as Mitch or Green. 
He was already behind the 8 ball b/c he was not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he has great hands.  But when you find yourself down the depth chart and there are more big time players on the way to the hill, then you might look at other options.  I'm not saying that is the case, but I can not say I don't blame him if it is.  I would transfer if I were in his place...the kid just wants to play.  You cannot fault him for that.

You obviously don't know much about AN because from everything I have heard and seen, the kid is very fast.  Are you making assumptions about him being a possession receiver because of his race?

Did you really just bring race into this?  Andrew is not fast....did you watch the spring game?  You are not fast when you cannot run past a 3rd string CB. 

When did a 4.46 forty become slow???

Oh, rivals has him as that so its true?  You went and read about his 40 and assume it is true, good research work.  Did you think Otis would put him down as running a 4.6??  Scout has him as a 4.58....

I'm sorry, were you out there with a stop watch? Why the frank did we recruit him to begin with if he sucked!?

Dont need a stop watch to see him not run past 3rd sting DBs in the spring game.  Were you there watching??  If he runs a 4.4, then those db's we have on our 3rd team run 4.2's.

lol we have enough db's on the team to have a 3rd string?

pioneerhog

Any word yet as to where he is going?

TuckFexas

Mitch went to USC even though they have Booty and Sanchez. Green went to USC even though they signed Joe McNight. Neither shied away from future competition.  Yet you are implying that NN is afraid to compete?

Was Norman a 4-5 star player with offers from just about every bigtime school in the nation?  Not saying he is a bad player, b/c I dont think that...but I'm saying he is NOT on the same level as Mitch or Green. 
He was already behind the 8 ball b/c he was not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he has great hands.  But when you find yourself down the depth chart and there are more big time players on the way to the hill, then you might look at other options.  I'm not saying that is the case, but I can not say I don't blame him if it is.  I would transfer if I were in his place...the kid just wants to play.  You cannot fault him for that.

You obviously don't know much about AN because from everything I have heard and seen, the kid is very fast.  Are you making assumptions about him being a possession receiver because of his race?

Did you really just bring race into this?  Andrew is not fast....did you watch the spring game?  You are not fast when you cannot run past a 3rd string CB. 

Oh, rivals has him as that so its true?  You went and read about his 40 and assume it is true, good research work.  Did you think Otis would put him down as running a 4.6??  Scout has him as a 4.58....

I'm sorry, were you out there with a stop watch? Why the frank did we recruit him to begin with if he sucked!?

Dont need a stop watch to see him not run past 3rd sting DBs in the spring game.  Were you there watching??  If he runs a 4.4, then those db's we have on our 3rd team run 4.2's.

Or maybe our 3rd string db's are fast as well? I think they were recruited to come play here, so they obviously can play a little bit. It doesn't seem to me like there is much difference between our 1st string and 3rd string db's, other than Grant's speed.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Kicking Wing

He could get a great education and have as good a shot (better if he doesn't get a shot to play at another school) at ASU as anywhere that has been mentioned.

That said, I really don't think he is either at ASU now or going there in the future.

demonHOG1013

This is a ridiculous statement. If a DB has good technique than he can cover a guy who runs a 4.4, even he himself only runs a 4.6. Also, you dont have to run a 4.4 to play WR. Many recievers arent that fast. Jerry Rice only ran a 4.6-4.7, I'd say he turned out to be pretty good. Forty times are the most overrated stat in the world when it comes to football.

Luke Duke

There's no need to rip the kid at all.  Nothing but a class act since he got here, and will continue to be.  However, did anyone get the feeling that he was behind Monk, Crawford, Johnson, Fish, Salters, Wade and Coleman on the depth chart?

There are a lot of young players in that group.  Even in casual conversations, most posters mentioned the names above well before they mentioned Norman.  I expected Norman to contribute.  But I never thought he'd get a lot of PT until his Jr and Sr season.
I remember I caught tons of hell on this board for saying Peterson was faster than McFadden.  That's one reason I was looking forward to the combine.  If McFadden ran a legit 4.28, you bet he'd be there.

-NWASooner

311Hog

there is no way i would put Fish ahead of him, Coleman i dont even know who he is, and Rojo? eh i dunno the rest yeah possibly.

1texashogfan

Is he required to sit out this year if he enrolls before school starts?  How many years of eligibility will he have left?

Good luck to Andrew where ever he lands.
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.  Winston Churchill

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 08:55:30 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on August 01, 2007, 08:52:13 pm
Please God, make it stop.

Can our University go 3 days without being a laughing stock for the rest of the country?

We are a laughing stock because a player transfered?

Wow, just....wow....

This is what I was talking about when I said "blown out of proportion".

The rest of the country wont even hear about this because the rest of the country doesnt care that a WR transferred. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Sure this has already been put out there but the front page of CNN SI Football page says you are wrong - looks like someone cares.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/08/02/arkansas.transfer.ap/index.html

Immensehog

Quote from: BRUTUS POUNDCAKE on August 02, 2007, 05:57:18 pm

Can our University go 3 days without being a laughing stock for the rest of the country?

Wow, just....wow....

The rest of the country wont even hear about this because the rest of the country doesnt care that a WR transferred. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Sure this has already been put out there but the front page of CNN SI Football page says you are wrong - looks like someone cares.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/08/02/arkansas.transfer.ap/index.html

You can argue with these people, or just let them live in the dark.

What do you do?
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

TuckFexas

Quote from: Immensehog on August 02, 2007, 06:11:24 pm
Quote from: BRUTUS POUNDCAKE on August 02, 2007, 05:57:18 pm

Wow, just....wow....

You can argue with these people, or just let them live in the dark.

What do you do?

You hope that God sees it as charity work (trying to help the blind) instead of just arguing on a message board.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

_Collin1

What's sad is that 4 of the 5 Springdale kids had it in their heart to be Razorbacks.  Hell you can throw Broderick Green and probably Kodi Burns in this group as well.  They grew up watching the Hogs.  They grew up wearing the Tshirts, driving to War Memorial/RRS/Bud Walton Arena, and loving that helmet.

They aren't here because the cockpit of the plane is filled with people that are hypocritical in every aspect of life.  Hopefully we get a change in flight crew after this year, cause more kids like Mustain, Williams, Norman, Green, Coe, Burns, etc etc will be Razorbacks at birth and would do just about anything to play for the Hogs in the future.

A shame to be ran off by something you grew up being passionate about.

Shame on you 'life long Hog Fans' who piss on our recruits for transferring.  Imagine the powers that be took your Razorback Fan license away and gave you no other choice but to love another school.  That is what it feels like to these kids.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

Hogphilia

Quote from: BigC51 on August 02, 2007, 06:59:02 pm
What's sad is that 4 of the 5 Springdale kids had it in their heart to be Razorbacks.  Hell you can throw Broderick Green and probably Kodi Burns in this group as well.  They grew up watching the Hogs.  They grew up wearing the Tshirts, driving to War Memorial/RRS/Bud Walton Arena, and loving that helmet.

They aren't here because the cockpit of the plane is filled with people that are hypocritical in every aspect of life.  Hopefully we get a change in flight crew after this year, cause more kids like Mustain, Williams, Norman, Green, Coe, Burns, etc etc will be Razorbacks at birth and would do just about anything to play for the Hogs in the future.

Shame on you 'life long Hog Fans' who piss on our recruits for transferring.  Imagine the powers that be took your Razorback Fan license away and gave you no other choice but to love another school.  That is what it feels like to these kids.

Great Post BigC51!  +1

IronHog

What is sad is that Springdale thought they could step in and have their way with the JFB Razorbacks.

What state have they been watching for the past 50 years?

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

_Collin1

Quote from: IronHog on August 02, 2007, 07:22:03 pm

What is sad is that Springdale thought they could step in and have their way with the JFB Razorbacks.

Your post is very dense and provides a lack of intelligent response to my well thought out post.  Try harder, put forth a little effort next time.

I shouldn't respond to a post like that...  But should Mitch have to put up with the bashing?  With his coach not defending him?  With Coaches wives forwarding emails calling him gay?  No kid should put up with that, would you allow yours?  Ask that question bucko.

Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

IronHog

Quote from: BigC51 on August 02, 2007, 08:24:51 pm

Your post is very dense and provides a lack of intelligent response to my well thought out post.  Try harder, put forth a little effort next time.

I shouldn't respond to a post like that...  But should Mitch have to put up with the bashing?  With his coach not defending him?  With Coaches wives forwarding emails calling him gay?  No kid should put up with that, would you allow yours?  Ask that question bucko.

No way my son would play for Nutt.  Nor would he play for a program that hired his HS coach as an OC.  I do think kids from Arkansas should expect better when they sign with the Razorbacks.

However, apparently Springdale thought their presence would magically change the UofA program (it remains to be seen if it will in the long term)

I appreciate the effort on some level, but they took a pretty obvious risk and it did not work out.  Good luck to them, but this turn of events is no shock to anyone who has followed the program over the past several decades.

H&D

Quote from: TuckFexas on August 02, 2007, 11:52:01 am
Quote from: the notorious P.I.G. on August 02, 2007, 11:42:29 am
Quote from: japhog on August 02, 2007, 08:34:40 am
Quote from: IronHog on August 01, 2007, 07:56:05 pm
Quote from: FootballHog on August 01, 2007, 07:49:54 pm
Why would he transfer a month before the season starts?

Childs                         XXCXX                                        Wright
                                     X                  Williams
                                     X

X

here are the rankings of the new wr recruits and of Andrew when he was signed.

Jarius Wright WR  5-11 180 4.4 Warren, AR **** 5.8 rr
Greg Childs WR  6-5 200 4.5 Warren, AR *** 5.6 rr
Cruz Williams WR  6-4 206 4.49 Little Rock, AR *** 5.6 rr
Chris Gragg WR  6-3 195 4.6 Warren, AR ** --

Andrew Norman WR  6-2 175 4.46 Springdale, AR *** 5.7 rr

according to his "Rivals Ranking" he would be second only to j wright, who may very well end up as a cb.  So i doubt he is leaving because of 2008 commits.

People, recruiting stars don't mean @#%$!!! I'm sure he realized his PT was going to take a major hit next year. It wasn't like he was atop the depth chart this year anyways! Very smart move by AN and I wish him the best

That's why you see teams like USC-W, LSU, and Texas going after those coveted 2* recruits all the time because those rankings don't mean squat! Seriously, come on.

Yeah, USC-W goes only after 4-5* recruits and we know they are perennial losers.......
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Hogtropolis™

I don't know if this has been posted yet or not and I didn't feel like looking through this whole thread to see, but I didn't figure it would hurt to just put the link to the ESPN article on Norman transferring in this thread even if it was for a second time.  Anyway, here it is:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2958872

akp4105

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on August 02, 2007, 09:42:24 pm

No way my son would play for Nutt.  Nor would he play for a program that hired his HS coach as an OC.  I do think kids from Arkansas should expect better when they sign with the Razorbacks.

However, apparently Springdale thought their presence would magically change the UofA program (it remains to be seen if it will in the long term)

I appreciate the effort on some level, but they took a pretty obvious risk and it did not work out.  Good luck to them, but this turn of events is no shock to anyone who has followed the program over the past several decades.

i know what im about to say will get flamed, but i dont care. The Springdale kid's presence did "magically" change the program. Look at where the program is now as compared to the this time last year, and tell me there isn't a very no ticable difference.

And just think about it, this was after 1 year and they all save one were run off. Just think if they had stayed.  Because honestly the most important thing i think they brought to the table was...

<<<<A winner's mentality>>>>

IronHog

Quote from: 311Hog on August 03, 2007, 09:27:17 am

i know what im about to say will get flamed, but i dont care. The Springdale kid's presence did "magically" change the program. Look at where the program is now as compared to the this time last year, and tell me there isn't a very no ticable difference.

And just think about it, this was after 1 year and they all save one were run off. Just think if they had stayed.  Because honestly the most important thing i think they brought to the table was...

Darren McFadden

Wayne Watson

Looks like a loss to me....

FL, 6-2, 193

FR-RS

Springdale, Ark.

(Springdale)

OUTLOOK: Norman spent his first season in Fayetteville working in the weight room and honing his skills on the practice field. When he first arrived, he struggled to get off the line of scrimmage consistently. However, as his performance can attest, he has made tremendous strides in that area. After a solid spring, he has put himself in the mix for snaps in the wide receiver rotation.

2006: Norman worked with the scout-team offense during his redshirt season.

HIGH SCHOOL CAREER: He earned all-state honors after tallying 63 receptions for 1,189 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior for former Springdale head coach and current University of Tulsa offensive co-coordinator Gus Malzahn. His high school squad went 14-0 and won the state championship in his senior season. His final prep squad was also ranked No. 2 in the nation by one national high school poll. He finished his career as Springdale High School's all-time leading receiver. He was teammates with fellow Razorback Ben Cleveland. Norman, who averaged 18.9 yards per reception, was named first-team All-Arkansas by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. As a junior, he tallied 43 catches for 535 yards and five touchdowns. He averaged 12.5 yards per catch in his junior campaign. For his efforts, he earned all-conference honors and was named to the KFSM Super Team. He also played basketball for the Springdale Bulldogs. He played AAU basketball with Houston Nutt III, the son of Arkansas head coach Houston Nutt. He also played baseball for the Bulldogs earning co-defensive player of the year awards as a sophomore on the diamond. He was ranked as the No. 5 prospect in Arkansas and the No. 49 wide receiver in the country by Rivals.com. HawgSports.com tabbed him as the No. 8 overall player in Arkansas. Scout.com rated him as the No. 92 wide receiver in the nation. The same outlet ranked him as the No. 7 prospect in Arkansas while Hawgs Illustrated had him as the No. 6 prospect in the state. He was also recruited by Michigan State, Kansas, Indiana and Louisville.

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30724&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=528023&Q_SEASON=2007
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

311Hog

Quote from: IronHog on August 03, 2007, 01:09:51 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 03, 2007, 09:27:17 am

Darren McFadden

Did he win state championships? did he come from a HS program that is "use to winning". I am not saying Dmac doesnt have a winners mentality because he does, and you can tell by how much he stands out from the rest of the team.

TheRealDeal

Quote from: 311Hog on August 03, 2007, 01:31:36 pm
I am not saying Dmac doesnt have a winners mentality because he does, and you can tell by how much he stands out from the rest of the team.

That is a disgustingly disrespectful comment.  You have no idea what the mentality of the players on the team is and to insinuate that some of them have a losers mentality is nothing short of a slap in their face. 

Qbackinman

You know, he's an Arkansas kid. Wherever he goes, I hope he's successful and I'll pull for him. Just like any other Arkansas bred.

I can't believe people hate a kid just because he won't put a Hog hat on. The same school isn't for everybody.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: TheRealDeal on August 03, 2007, 03:58:37 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 03, 2007, 01:31:36 pm
I am not saying Dmac doesnt have a winners mentality because he does, and you can tell by how much he stands out from the rest of the team.

That is a disgustingly disrespectful comment.  You have no idea what the mentality of the players on the team is and to insinuate that some of them have a losers mentality is nothing short of a slap in their face. 

Just think how you would feel if you were a winner, always wanted to be a Hog AND you were harassed and run off by Dale?

These are not good times, my friend..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

TulsaHogFan

Let's see, people are saying he is leaving to get more playing time... Do what?

So he is going to force himself to become INELIGIBLE for an entire extra year and watch from the bench to get more playing time?

Something doesn't add up.  If he wants playing time, why not stay here and play SOME as a backup if he is indeed far down on the depth chart.

Why would he look at Tulsa who just added a bunch of WRs (Dee Williams, Slick Shelly) if he was scared that he wasn't going to play because of all these good players we have (not saying we don't have good players).

It doesn't add up.  If he was slow, why did we recruit him?  Why did Louisville and Petrino go after him so hard when Mitch decommitted?  Louisville depends on their WRs big time.

None of these excuses make any sense to me.

I have talked to a few people and all they tell me is he is a damn good WR and would have made an impact.

My worst fear is that his spot on the depth chart was due to his high school.  I would hate to believe anything like that, and my hope is I am wrong and that Ben C. gets plenty of playing time this year.

Playing time had nothing to do with his transfer.  That's all I have to say.

Mr. Perfect

It was a playing time issue it had nothing to do with Houston or anyone else on the staff. SPIN. Look at the players in front of him.  

Mr. Perfect

If we recruited him today most of you would be complaining because we signed a two star wide reciever. That is hypocritical at best.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 03, 2007, 10:39:17 pm
It was a playing time issue it had nothing to do with Houston or anyone else on the staff. SPIN. Look at the players in front of him.  

More BULLCRAP.  Wake up.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Mr. Perfect

Man I hope you spin records as well as you spin the truth.

jabohog

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 03, 2007, 10:42:41 pm
If we recruited him today most of you would be complaining because we signed a two star wide reciever. That is hypocritical at best.
I noticed your a two star poster, so I am complaining that you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground. Bring some facts to the board guber or can it.

Mr. Perfect

Jabohog, It's a fact he was a 2-star recruit and he chose to transfer. I wish him well there's just not some dramatic conspiracy about him leaving.

Scott E.

He was 3 star by both Rivals and Scout.

TulsaHogFan

Mr. Perfect, please re-read my post.

It was not about Playing time.

TulsaHogFan

Mr. Perfect, please re-read my post.

It was not about Playing time.

oldtimerhog

Gee, I think I called that one a long time ago.  I'm sure he got Nutted out!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

oldtimerhog

Nutt needs Nutted next so he knows what it feels like!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Pig_Lebowski

Mr. Perfect,
Smell that? it's fresh air, it's what you smell when you take your nose out of Houston's Ass.