Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So you think that Oklahoma fans are laughing at US????????

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 01, 2007, 07:35:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogphilia

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 06:58:24 pm
Quote from: Hogphilia on August 01, 2007, 06:40:45 pm
Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 08:03:21 am
Wow, what a shocker. An Okie radio show making fun of Arkansas's Head Coach. I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.

What??  I have never heard an Arkansas coach being made fun of on radio in my 50 years other than Houston (Li'l Abner) Nutt.  He holds that singular honor.  So don't make this out to be just an ordinary occurrence of an "Okie" station trying to make fun of Arkansas' so-called Coach. 

And further, there is no need to make fun of Bob Stoops.  He may be arrogant but he runs an honest program that treats people right and he deals with issues HARSHLY when they arise.  He is also not a bumbling buffoon or court jester. 

Now stay with me on this....could you actually see in your minds eye for one second Bob Stoops racing up a band leader's ladder and leading the band in the fight song slinging his arms like a squirrel on speed?  Or how about Joe Pa running down the sidelines holstering his "guns" after a big play?  Surely you have to know that we at Arkansas have a very "unique" embarrassing troll for a Head Coach.

No other successful coach and maybe no other coach period has acted like this goof ball we have right now.

Nolan may have called some of the fans turds and a-holes but at least the man went to 3 FFs and won us a national title.

All this idiot has is.......one division title in 9 seasons. woopty doo.

I havent for the life of me figured out why some people support that idiot.

+1!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: okiehawg on August 01, 2007, 05:02:28 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 09:49:06 am
Quote from: okiehawg on August 01, 2007, 09:25:39 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:35:34 am
Having moved back over here in Oklahoma, I was listening to 1430 AM The Buzz out of Tulsa the other day and they were replaying some of Nutt's quotes on air from various venues where he has had the occasion to be taped. They WERE NOT laughing at us, they were in fact, laughing at him. In fact they even made the remark, "he is such a joke". They even brought up the fact that he has a tendency at times when he is speaking, to use an intonation in his voice where he sounds like some old time evangelical preacher(the Right Reverend Houston Nutt). I loved it when they dwelled on his use of the superlative, "special"(it's special, he's special, that's special, they are special) and laughed about it. I wondered at the time if Nutt had been an English major and was trying to conjugate a new verb.

I know many of you will say that you could care less what anyone in Oklahoma thinks, but I wanted you to know that not everyone(as it has been incorrectly portrayed at times on here by certain posters) is laughing at us. I think they are actually finally getting clued in and laughing with us.

I listen to the Sports Animal all the time.  First off, I believe I have heard some of them say before that they don't think that Nutt is the best coach, but all they ever rag on is the fans.  When Arkansas comes up, which is rarely, they talk about how crazy the fans are over here and how in their opinion they are ruining the program. 

Just what I've heard though, so don't shoot the messanger.

Well you are right about the Sports Animal. First, it is an Okla City based station and Al Jerkens(mid day) would say anything he was paid to say and it is obvious from what he says, that he has done little investigative journalism into the Arkansas situation. I like Al Jerkens, but he is wayyyyy off base on the Arkansas situation. Plus, he is partnered with Pat Jones(who I also like) but he and the Nutt Meister are old friends and Pat would defend Nutt if he was involved in a DUI hit and run. That is just how Pat Jones is so he is always going to lean towards favoring Nutt and Jerkens isn't going to drive a wedge between he and his partner by taking an opposing side. The afternoon guys are no better. Jim Traber is an idiot and his partner Eschbach is another idiot as well. 2 idiots doing broadcast sports radio.....nothing new.......they compliment each other.

1430 The Buzz is a different station and because they are in Tulsa and closely connected to Arkansas, they have a better take on what goes on over here and there is a pretty huge interest out of Tulsa in regard to Razorback football. I would love to see the Arkansas-Tulsa series renewed with home-away-home to start. Always loved that game. 1430 am has a far better view of what is happening over here and, they actually care. The Sports Animal 91.7 fm, is consumed with OU and OSU.

I agree with what you are saying about Pat Jones.  I do however love listening to Traber and Eschback though haha!  They crack me up.  I think it is crazy that the Animal is the number 1 rated sports talk radio station in the nation.  With it being in Oklahoma, I guess they don't have a lot of competition.

Well yeah, they can be entertaining at times......like a couple of caged monkeys. :) Traber sometimes offers some decent insights into major league baseball, IF he ever stops talking about his 9 handicap in golf. As for football, though he too was another one of those OSU QB's(like the Right Reverend Houston Nutt), his insight into football is wayyyyyyyyy out to lunch. He must have forgotten everything he ever learned the moment he walked off the field. Eschbach drives me crazy with his "seeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaa", the guy is just a complete moron in my opinion. How he ever got on sports talk radio, I am not sure. But this I do know, they really soft-peddle the Nutt issue and for that, for either not or being afraid to speak the truth, the lose all my respect. Even Al Jerkens at mid day is totally out to lunch.....probably because he is afraid he will alienate his little buddy Pat Jones and Jones will start stuttering and mumbling things that make no sense, like he does when he gets excited. I like Pat Jones, but he is just way too loyal to the Right Reverend.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Coondog Hog on August 01, 2007, 03:08:49 pm

Why should Hog fans care who the citezens of the arm pit of our great union are laughing at.  They can laugh at me they, can laugh at Nutt I don't care.  Besides they do need something to talk about while shopping for new teeth at the flea market out there.

They aren't laughing at us "Coondog", they are now laughing with us. THAT was the whole point. The media outside Arkansas are finally taking the blinders off and seeing what a bonehead we have for a HC. Try to be a little less sensitive and not jump to conclusions.
Go Hogs Go!

FWF79

Whats not to laugh at? To quote another hogville member Nutt is like the "George Castanza" of college football coaches. I laugh every time I hear that one.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: FWF79 on August 01, 2007, 07:15:20 pm
Whats not to laugh at? To quote another hogville member Nutt is like the "George Castanza" of college football coaches. I laugh every time I hear that one.

This was supposed to be the summer of Nutt!!!!!!!!!!

Hogphilia

Quote from: Coondog Hog on August 01, 2007, 03:08:49 pm

Why should Hog fans care who the citezens of the arm pit of our great union are laughing at.  They can laugh at me they, can laugh at Nutt I don't care.  Besides they do need something to talk about while shopping for new teeth at the flea market out there.

Hey Coondog....I was raised and lived in Arkansas for 25 years and have now lived in Oklahoma for 26 years and love both states....So I really do know BOTH states....You really don't want to open up a dialogue comparing the 2 states' dental health, redneck ratio, or hillbilly ambiance....Let me assure you....You will lose that argument!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 07:19:34 pm
Quote from: FWF79 on August 01, 2007, 07:15:20 pm

This was supposed to be the summer of Nutt!!!!!!!!!!

I think that is what HDN thought too, but in another way.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgbawb

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 07:58:12 am
Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on August 01, 2007, 07:51:19 am
Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:47:19 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 07:45:13 am
Having moved back over here in Oklahoma, I was listening to 1430 AM The Buzz out of Tulsa the other day and they were replaying some of Nutt's quotes on air from various venues where he has had the occasion to be taped. They WERE NOT laughing at us, they were in fact, laughing at him. In fact they even made the remark, "he is such a joke". They even brought up the fact that he has a tendency at times when he is speaking, to use an intonation in his voice where he sounds like some old time evangelical preacher(the Right Reverend Houston Nutt). I loved it when they dwelled on his use of the superlative, "special"(it's special, he's special, that's special, they are special) and laughed about it. I wondered at the time if Nutt had been an English major and was trying to conjugate a new verb.

I know many of you will say that you could care less what anyone in Oklahoma thinks, but I wanted you to know that not everyone(as it has been incorrectly portrayed at times on here by certain posters) is laughing at us. I think they are actually finally getting clued in and laughing with us.

the guys at am1430 actually have a clue. Their boss is also a HUGE arkansas fan. So apparantly he doesnt mind them raggin on houston nutt.

Chris Plank went so far as to call nutt a liar. Plank: "C'mon, you have over a thousand text messages to some hot news anchor. Something is going on there. Frankly I think he's a bit of a liar. He needs to ride the McFadden train to the Citrus Bowl or Cotton bowl and then get the heck out of dodge. Its time for this arkansas program to have some new blood in the head coaching position and the athletic director position."

It was such a breath of fresh air. Couldnt believe what i was hearing.

Got to love that. So, does talk radio in Arkansas have the cajones to make such statements?

Haha, thats a funny question...........cahones.........in arkansas radio...........HA!

If somebody in the arkansas media said something like Chris Plank said on the air, they would be kicked off the radio in no time.

As he probably would be for saying something similar about Stoops. He's probably an Oklahoma homer who is jealous of Arkansas having the Heisman frontrunner and putting together a nice recruiting class.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgbawb on August 01, 2007, 08:57:10 pm

the guys at am1430 actually have a clue. Their boss is also a HUGE arkansas fan. So apparantly he doesnt mind them raggin on houston nutt.

Chris Plank went so far as to call nutt a liar. Plank: "C'mon, you have over a thousand text messages to some hot news anchor. Something is going on there. Frankly I think he's a bit of a liar. He needs to ride the McFadden train to the Citrus Bowl or Cotton bowl and then get the heck out of dodge. Its time for this arkansas program to have some new blood in the head coaching position and the athletic director position."

Got to love that. So, does talk radio in Arkansas have the cajones to make such statements?

Haha, thats a funny question...........cahones.........in arkansas radio...........HA!

If somebody in the arkansas media said something like Chris Plank said on the air, they would be kicked off the radio in no time.

As he probably would be for saying something similar about Stoops. He's probably an Oklahoma homer who is jealous of Arkansas having the Heisman frontrunner and putting together a nice recruiting class.

Now THAT's a typical reaction. That really makes us look like we have a "victim" mentality.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Oklahoma people couldnt care less if we have put together a nice recruiting class. They currently have the #4 class in the country.
He wouldnt say something like that about stoops because he is a big time winner and he runs his program with class. I cant stand the bastard but he runs a very very good program. Unlike the joke we have right now.

z-pak

Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 08:14:13 am
Wow, what a shocker. An Okie radio show making fun of Arkansas's Head Coach. I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.

Stoops may have been cussed, but there is not a whole hell of a lot about Stoops that anyone could make fun of. 
He's ugly...see it can be done.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

parrishw

Great Thread Muskogee

+25 or more

I have not felt I needed to post at. Just sitting back and reading it all.

MysticHog

OU fans better be worrying about their Friday night game with Tulsa.  They have not exactly been killing everyone the last three years.

okiehawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:03:42 pm
Quote from: okiehawg on August 01, 2007, 05:02:28 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 09:49:06 am
Quote from: okiehawg on August 01, 2007, 09:25:39 am

I listen to the Sports Animal all the time.  First off, I believe I have heard some of them say before that they don't think that Nutt is the best coach, but all they ever rag on is the fans.  When Arkansas comes up, which is rarely, they talk about how crazy the fans are over here and how in their opinion they are ruining the program. 

Just what I've heard though, so don't shoot the messanger.

Well you are right about the Sports Animal. First, it is an Okla City based station and Al Jerkens(mid day) would say anything he was paid to say and it is obvious from what he says, that he has done little investigative journalism into the Arkansas situation. I like Al Jerkens, but he is wayyyyy off base on the Arkansas situation. Plus, he is partnered with Pat Jones(who I also like) but he and the Nutt Meister are old friends and Pat would defend Nutt if he was involved in a DUI hit and run. That is just how Pat Jones is so he is always going to lean towards favoring Nutt and Jerkens isn't going to drive a wedge between he and his partner by taking an opposing side. The afternoon guys are no better. Jim Traber is an idiot and his partner Eschbach is another idiot as well. 2 idiots doing broadcast sports radio.....nothing new.......they compliment each other.

1430 The Buzz is a different station and because they are in Tulsa and closely connected to Arkansas, they have a better take on what goes on over here and there is a pretty huge interest out of Tulsa in regard to Razorback football. I would love to see the Arkansas-Tulsa series renewed with home-away-home to start. Always loved that game. 1430 am has a far better view of what is happening over here and, they actually care. The Sports Animal 91.7 fm, is consumed with OU and OSU.

I agree with what you are saying about Pat Jones.  I do however love listening to Traber and Eschback though haha!  They crack me up.  I think it is crazy that the Animal is the number 1 rated sports talk radio station in the nation.  With it being in Oklahoma, I guess they don't have a lot of competition.

Well yeah, they can be entertaining at times......like a couple of caged monkeys. :) Traber sometimes offers some decent insights into major league baseball, IF he ever stops talking about his 9 handicap in golf. As for football, though he too was another one of those OSU QB's(like the Right Reverend Houston Nutt), his insight into football is wayyyyyyyyy out to lunch. He must have forgotten everything he ever learned the moment he walked off the field. Eschbach drives me crazy with his "seeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaa", the guy is just a complete moron in my opinion. How he ever got on sports talk radio, I am not sure. But this I do know, they really soft-peddle the Nutt issue and for that, for either not or being afraid to speak the truth, the lose all my respect. Even Al Jerkens at mid day is totally out to lunch.....probably because he is afraid he will alienate his little buddy Pat Jones and Jones will start stuttering and mumbling things that make no sense, like he does when he gets excited. I like Pat Jones, but he is just way too loyal to the Right Reverend.

Ahh man you are killing me!  I love the seeeee yaaaahhhh!  That is classic!  I can't stand listening to Al Jerkins when he starts talking about golf.  Pat Jones is fun listening to him when he tells stories about his coaching days, he is wayy too loyal to HDN though, but it doesn't really affect his job because they only talk about him once every two to three weeks it seems like.

Hogphilia

He is probably an Oklahoma homer who appreciates a lying, self-promoting, goober who makes it REAL easy for him or anybody else to ridicule Arkansas!  Please don't tell me you would say the name Nutt in the same sentence with Stoops.

Hogphilia

Quote from: MysticHog on August 01, 2007, 10:05:33 pm
OU fans better be worrying about their Friday night game with Tulsa.  They have not exactly been killing everyone the last three years.

There you go being "Mystic" again.  Let me know if OU loses to Tulsa (I wish they would to help show what a buffoon Nutt is for letting Gus get away) and I will kiss your a$$.

MuskogeeHogFan

Yeah, you are right, they have had their issues, but even with that they have won 31 and lost 8 with three bowl appearances where they are 1-2.

Over the same period, we won 19, lost 17, had one bowl appearance and are 0-1 in bowls.

If anyone needs to be paying attention to our business, it probably should be us.
Go Hogs Go!

parrishw

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 07:30:29 am

Yeah, you are right, they have had their issues, but even with that they have won 31 and lost 8 with three bowl appearances where they are 1-2.

Over the same period, we won 19, lost 17, had one bowl appearance and are 0-1 in bowls.

If anyone needs to be paying attention to our business, it probably should be us.

Yep +1. But we need someone that does not think second place is the mountaintop.

Ish O

What??  I have never heard an Arkansas coach being made fun of on radio in my 50 years other than Houston (Li'l Abner) Nutt.  He holds that singular honor.  So don't make this out to be just an ordinary occurrence of an "Okie" station trying to make fun of Arkansas' so-called Coach. 

And further, there is no need to make fun of Bob Stoops.  He may be arrogant but he runs an honest program that treats people right and he deals with issues HARSHLY when they arise.  He is also not a bumbling buffoon or court jester. 

Now stay with me on this....could you actually see in your minds eye for one second Bob Stoops racing up a band leader's ladder and leading the band in the fight song slinging his arms like a squirrel on speed?  Or how about Joe Pa running down the sidelines holstering his "guns" after a big play?  Surely you have to know that we at Arkansas have a very "unique" embarrassing troll for a Head Coach.

Wow, just wow. That is the definition of a man crush. And I had no problems whatsoever with Nutt climbing up the band latter. It was a big win. I bet you weren't in the stadium that day either. I would bet that approx 50,000 fans stayed and were calling the Hogs, singing the fight song, etc..But I guess you were more concerned with your hatred of Nutt than to enjoy a win. By the way, I'm not a "hugger" either. Just a Hog fan. I guess you guys can now pump each other up with your replies and "karma" each other in response to this, but I just don't care.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Ish O on August 02, 2007, 08:01:49 am

Wow, just wow. That is the definition of a man crush. And I had no problems whatsoever with Nutt climbing up the band latter. It was a big win. I bet you weren't in the stadium that day either. I would bet that approx 50,000 fans stayed and were calling the Hogs, singing the fight song, etc..But I guess you were more concerned with your hatred of Nutt than to enjoy a win. By the way, I'm not a "hugger" either. Just a Hog fan. I guess you guys can now pump each other up with your replies and "karma" each other in response to this, but I just don't care.

go practice your field goals.

nutt might need a kicker this year.

You are the definition of a hugger. You get bent anytime somebody says anything negative about nutty.

MuskogeeHogFan

You are of course, kidding? For a game that we SHOULD have won easily? Celebrating like a 12 year old? You know, I was always told when I was playing that when you did something that was really good, you should conduct yourself like it is no big deal, like you do it every day. Over-celebrating is an indication that you don't do it every day and that is part of the problem here. Our coach should have gone across the field, shook hands with the opposing coaches and then walked to the locker room like it was normal, every day business. Instead, he acted like we had won the Super Bowl. Not the sign of a professional in his field, not the sign of a successful head coach who had won other regular season games(whether they were close wins or not), not the sign of a guy who relaizes he hasn't reached the mountain top yet. If you are satisfied with that kind of performance, then HDN is your man. I want someone who is not satisfied and doesn't climb up in band stands to celebrate. I want a real professional.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 08:16:52 am

You are of course, kidding? For a game that we SHOULD have won easily? Celebrating like a 12 year old? You know, I was always told when I was playing that when you did something that was really good, you should conduct yourself like it is no big deal, like you do it every day. Over-celebrating is an indication that you don't do it every day and that is part of the problem here. Our coach should have gone across the field, shook hands with the opposing coaches and then walked to the locker room like it was normal, every day business. Instead, he acted like we had won the Super Bowl. Not the sign of a professional in his field, not the sign of a successful head coach who had won other regular season games(whether they were close wins or not), not the sign of a guy who relaizes he hasn't reached the mountain top yet. If you are satisfied with that kind of performance, then HDN is your man. I want someone who is not satisfied and doesn't climb up in band stands to celebrate. I want a real professional.
exactly
We havent had a real professional here in quite a while.

You just do not see successful coaches climbing onto ladders, doing the upside down hookem, showing off their division championship rings.

I want a coach that is not satisfied unless we win the conference championship every single frikin year.

Ish O

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 02, 2007, 08:13:00 am

You are the definition of a hugger. You get bent anytime somebody says anything negative about nutty.

Go watch some more wrasslin hulkster. Every time I post you reply. By the way, wrasslin isn't real.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Ish O on August 02, 2007, 10:22:28 am

Go watch some more wrasslin hulkster. Every time I post you reply. By the way, wrasslin isn't real.

Really?  What are you going to tell us next?  No Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy?
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hydrophonic

Y'all back off wrestling or I'm going to tell Douglas.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Ish O on August 02, 2007, 10:22:28 am

OH NO THE HUMANITY!!!!!

He told me wwf wasnt real!!!!

Whatever shall i do???

hydrophonic

August 02, 2007, 11:04:04 am #126 Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:05:52 am by hydrophonic
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on August 02, 2007, 10:38:34 am
Quote from: Ish O on August 02, 2007, 10:22:28 amBy the way, wrasslin isn't real.
Really?  What are you going to tell us next?  No Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy?

FWIW - Wrestling is realer than SC, EB & TF.  It's also no more fake than CSI, 24, or Man v Wild.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hydrophonic on August 02, 2007, 11:04:04 am
Quote from: Ish O on August 02, 2007, 10:22:28 amBy the way, wrasslin isn't real.

FWIW - Wrestling is realer than SC, EB & TF.  It's also no more fake than CSI, 24, or Man v Wild.

Soooooooo, are you guys trying to tell me that this thread has run out of horsepower to the point that we have stooped to discussing "Pro" Wrestling? What's next? NASCAR, RC Cola and Moon Pies? :)
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 11:10:48 am

Soooooooo, are you guys trying to tell me that this thread has run out of horsepower to the point that we have stooped to discussing "Pro" Wrestling? What's next? NASCAR, RC Cola and Moon Pies? :)

ummmm....

nutt sucks

there ya go

Hornkiller

Most of the Sooner fans I know respect Arkansas and the sports programs. Considering that some of the key componets of OU's National Championship runs came from Arkansas (Switzer, Keith Jackson as well as other players such as Danny and Mark Bradley) most Sooner fans are shocked to hear that a lot of Razorbacks hate the Sooners.  But it isn't like they lose sleep over it.

Unlike his mentor the ol ball coach who will get a good laugh with the press Stoop's doesn't suffer fools gladley, especially when they stick a mic in his face at half time and ask some stupid question about if he wants to get his running game going. No we're happy Peterson only gained 20 yards. (Ok, he did have a quote about how he liked playing OSU because it was a quick trip and Stillwater was no vacation destination) But Stoops wasn't hired to be liked. He was hired to beat Texas, win the Big XII and play for a national title. Stoops called the Rose Bowl win a good step to building for next year. The Rose Bowl??? A good step for rebuilding??? Meanwhile Nutt is going around flashing his SEC runner's up ring?

As far as the sport radio down there I was there during the Gibbs/Schnellendrunker/Blake area. If Chuckles the Clown Barrett thought darksiders where "infidels" he would have been at a loss for words after some Sooner fans got through ripping those coaches. It makes what Nutt has been through seem like a day at disneyland. After losing 77-7 to Nebraska there was no, lets focus on the next game, we're getting closer. Folks there is no spin after getting beat that badley.  Then again maybe the on air talent at "the Animal" never took ARSN's classes on how to defend a coach after a 5 win season.

hydrophonic

Hey, I'm just saying.

And since you started this thread about something you heard on 1430, I'd just like to point out that I sent them the link to the "these are hard to get" audio.  Plank hadn't even heard about it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hornkiller on August 02, 2007, 11:25:34 am
Most of the Sooner fans I know respect Arkansas and the sports programs. Considering that some of the key componets of OU's National Championship runs came from Arkansas (Switzer, Keith Jackson as well as other players such as Danny and Mark Bradley) most Sooner fans are shocked to hear that a lot of Razorbacks hate the Sooners.  But it isn't like they lose sleep over it.

Unlike his mentor the ol ball coach who will get a good laugh with the press Stoop's doesn't suffer fools gladley, especially when they stick a mic in his face at half time and ask some stupid question about if he wants to get his running game going. No we're happy Peterson only gained 20 yards. (Ok, he did have a quote about how he liked playing OSU because it was a quick trip and Stillwater was no vacation destination) But Stoops wasn't hired to be liked. He was hired to beat Texas, win the Big XII and play for a national title. Stoops called the Rose Bowl win a good step to building for next year. The Rose Bowl??? A good step for rebuilding??? Meanwhile Nutt is going around flashing his SEC runner's up ring?

As far as the sport radio down there I was there during the Gibbs/Schnellendrunker/Blake area. If Chuckles the Clown Barrett thought darksiders where "infidels" he would have been at a loss for words after some Sooner fans got through ripping those coaches. It makes what Nutt has been through seem like a day at disneyland. After losing 77-7 to Nebraska there was no, lets focus on the next game, we're getting closer. Folks there is no spin after getting beat that badley.  Then again maybe the on air talent at "the Animal" never took ARSN's classes on how to defend a coach after a 5 win season.

Uh, yeah, you are right, I think they were actually discussing crucifixion during Blake's tenure..........none of this "help him pack" or "ride him out of town on a rail" business. I will say this, though the Oklahoma Sports radio guys will not go so far as to start cussing a coach, they don't hesitate to be critical of them when they "screw the pooch". In Arkansas, it is like they are talking about the King(JFB) and the Queen(HDN) if they say something bad about them.......it's all supposed to be hands off.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hydrophonic on August 02, 2007, 11:32:47 am

Hey, I'm just saying.

And since you started this thread about something you heard on 1430, I'd just like to point out that I sent them the link to the "these are hard to get" audio.  Plank hadn't even heard about it.

So, since I and a number of other people heard the broadcast that day, what are you saying? That we collaborated to make it up? I don't know anything about "hard to get quotes or excerpts" and I don't think my original post even mentioned that, if you check. But I know what I heard and know what was said, and that is all I posted here. So I guess I am asking, what is your point?
Go Hogs Go!

hydrophonic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 11:39:13 amSo I guess I am asking, what is your point?

The point - which I didn't even try to make - is that Chris, Jeremie, and their boss Don Christie used to think I was crazy to not like Houston Nutt.  Over the last two years I've opened their eyes.

I didn't say that you made up anything.  Earlier in the thread I said:
Quote from: hydrophonic on August 01, 2007, 03:01:43 pm
I listen to 1430's afternoon show almost everyday.  It's a fun show.  Not only are the guys objective about the Hogs, they are objective about their own favorite teams too.  Poplin is an OU season ticket holder, but he will get on them just as quick as anybody.

It's WAY different than what I remember about sports talk radio in Little Rock.

MHF - if you're referring to the day they played the "these are hard to get" audio, that was me that called in to rant right after.

I don't usually blow my own horn, but "toot toot."

You like the tone of Hog talk on 1430?  You should thank ME.  More than anybody, I set the tone for Hog talk on their show.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hydrophonic on August 02, 2007, 11:48:16 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 11:39:13 amSo I guess I am asking, what is your point?

The point - which I didn't even try to make - is that Chris, Jeremie, and their boss Don Christie used to think I was crazy to not like Houston Nutt.  Over the last two years I've opened their eyes.

I didn't say that you made up anything.  Earlier in the thread I said:
Quote from: hydrophonic on August 01, 2007, 03:01:43 pm
I listen to 1430's afternoon show almost everyday.  It's a fun show.  Not only are the guys objective about the Hogs, they are objective about their own favorite teams too.  Poplin is an OU season ticket holder, but he will get on them just as quick as anybody.

It's WAY different than what I remember about sports talk radio in Little Rock.

MHF - if you're referring to the day they played the "these are hard to get" audio, that was me that called in to rant right after.

I don't usually blow my own horn, but "toot toot."

You like the tone of Hog talk on 1430?  You should thank ME.  More than anybody, I set the tone for Hog talk on their show.

Well my friend, if you opened their eyes, my hat is off to you. And I see what you meant now.......I'm glad you clued them in, I just misunderstood. So you work for 1430 am? You ought to have them out asking Gus what he REALLY thinks now that he is gone from Arkansas. That would be an interview I would love to hear. I used to send them all kinds of stats for their use, but I never heard anything back from them that they even received them. I believe that their show is getting better and I usually tune in every day that I am not on a plane.
Go Hogs Go!

hydrophonic

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 12:11:36 pmSo you work for 1430 am?

Naw, I'm just a listener like you.  I am on their top friends on myspace though. :P

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 12:11:36 pmYou ought to have them out asking Gus what he REALLY thinks now that he is gone from Arkansas. That would be an interview I would love to hear.

Chris tried that when GM first got here.  Either Chris isn't slick enough or Gus is too smart to be baited.  Those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.  ;)

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 12:11:36 pmI used to send them all kinds of stats for their use, but I never heard anything back from them that they even received them.

Keep sending them.  You may have to work in some jokes to get their attention, but you'll get through eventually.

Hogphilia

August 02, 2007, 07:33:10 pm #136 Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:35:36 pm by Hogphilia

Ha, ha...hit a never there huh?  Yeah, I was there in my Pig Heaven seat section 503-2 seat 6....I saw the students react...that was ok....After a win, Students would have reacted that way if he had thrown off his clothes and and humped the Hog Mascot - BossHog but that doesn't make it something that is becoming of a Head Coach.

And by "man-crush" if you mean Bob Stoops...I certainly have no crush on Stoops, I despise the SOB for his arrogance...but I have to give him credit for knowing how to PROFESSIONALLY run a football program and represent his University in a becoming manner (no textual relations with news anchors).

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 02, 2007, 08:29:16 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 02, 2007, 08:16:52 am

exactly
We havent had a real professional here in quite a while.

You just do not see successful coaches climbing onto ladders, doing the upside down hookem, showing off their division championship rings.

I want a coach that is not satisfied unless we win the conference championship every single frikin year.

Well, the person we currently have in place, is not that coach.
Go Hogs Go!