Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So you think that Oklahoma fans are laughing at US????????

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 01, 2007, 07:35:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Having moved back over here in Oklahoma, I was listening to 1430 AM The Buzz out of Tulsa the other day and they were replaying some of Nutt's quotes on air from various venues where he has had the occasion to be taped. They WERE NOT laughing at us, they were in fact, laughing at him. In fact they even made the remark, "he is such a joke". They even brought up the fact that he has a tendency at times when he is speaking, to use an intonation in his voice where he sounds like some old time evangelical preacher(the Right Reverend Houston Nutt). I loved it when they dwelled on his use of the superlative, "special"(it's special, he's special, that's special, they are special) and laughed about it. I wondered at the time if Nutt had been an English major and was trying to conjugate a new verb.

I know many of you will say that you could care less what anyone in Oklahoma thinks, but I wanted you to know that not everyone(as it has been incorrectly portrayed at times on here by certain posters) is laughing at us. I think they are actually finally getting clued in and laughing with us.
Go Hogs Go!

ElRopo

DEVIL DOG HOG

I would comment on this but a lot of huggers can't take a joke and I will get smited.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

BigDPiggie

It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 07:35:34 am
Having moved back over here in Oklahoma, I was listening to 1430 AM The Buzz out of Tulsa the other day and they were replaying some of Nutt's quotes on air from various venues where he has had the occasion to be taped. They WERE NOT laughing at us, they were in fact, laughing at him. In fact they even made the remark, "he is such a joke". They even brought up the fact that he has a tendency at times when he is speaking, to use an intonation in his voice where he sounds like some old time evangelical preacher(the Right Reverend Houston Nutt). I loved it when they dwelled on his use of the superlative, "special"(it's special, he's special, that's special, they are special) and laughed about it. I wondered at the time if Nutt had been an English major and was trying to conjugate a new verb.

I know many of you will say that you could care less what anyone in Oklahoma thinks, but I wanted you to know that not everyone(as it has been incorrectly portrayed at times on here by certain posters) is laughing at us. I think they are actually finally getting clued in and laughing with us.

the guys at am1430 actually have a clue. Their boss is also a HUGE arkansas fan. So apparantly he doesnt mind them raggin on houston nutt.

Chris Plank went so far as to call nutt a liar. Plank: "C'mon, you have over a thousand text messages to some hot news anchor. Something is going on there. Frankly I think he's a bit of a liar. He needs to ride the McFadden train to the Citrus Bowl or Cotton bowl and then get the heck out of dodge. Its time for this arkansas program to have some new blood in the head coaching position and the athletic director position."

It was such a breath of fresh air. Couldnt believe what i was hearing.

BigDPiggie

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 07:45:13 am

the guys at am1430 actually have a clue. Their boss is also a HUGE arkansas fan. So apparantly he doesnt mind them raggin on houston nutt.

Chris Plank went so far as to call nutt a liar. Plank: "C'mon, you have over a thousand text messages to some hot news anchor. Something is going on there. Frankly I think he's a bit of a liar. He needs to ride the McFadden train to the Citrus Bowl or Cotton bowl and then get the heck out of dodge. Its time for this arkansas program to have some new blood in the head coaching position and the athletic director position."

Got to love that. So, does talk radio in Arkansas have the cajones to make such statements?
It's Festivus... for the rest of us!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:44:23 am
I guess Oklahoma has nothing better to do.  

I think we should be happy that interest in the Hogs is shared in adjoining states. Tulsa stations actually DO report on the Hogs because of our regional relationship to them and one of the largest Arkansas fan bases outside the state(if not the largest), is located in Tulsa.
Go Hogs Go!

rzrbckfan426

Quote from: BigDPiggie on August 01, 2007, 07:47:19 am

Got to love that. So, does talk radio in Arkansas have the cajones to make such statements?

Haha, thats a funny question...........cahones.........in arkansas radio...........HA!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Jim Rome said something to that degree also.

Us crazy fans that have high expectations for the program are not the only ones that think nutt sucks.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on August 01, 2007, 07:51:19 am

Haha, thats a funny question...........cahones.........in arkansas radio...........HA!

If somebody in the arkansas media said something like Chris Plank said on the air, they would be kicked off the radio in no time.

MuskogeeHogFan

Just wait and see what stations have to say after we beat Troy(but not totally destroy them as we should), get beat at Bama and then come back(as we have for the last nine years) and follow that up with another loss at home to Kentucky. Burgers won't be the only thing on the grill at media tailgate parties.
Go Hogs Go!

Ish O

Wow, what a shocker. An Okie radio show making fun of Arkansas's Head Coach. I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 08:03:21 am
I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.
No
its because Stoops is a good coach and has actually done something in his profession unlike nuttjob.

Ish O

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 08:09:23 am
I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.
No
its because Stoops is a good coach and has actually done something in his profession unlike nuttjob.

Typical response. Another shocker. I guess if you were a sooner fan you'd be thrilled with probation and giving up all your wins from 05?

Hawgon

Wow, what a shocker. An Okie radio show making fun of Arkansas's Head Coach. I wonder if Stoops has ever been made fun of in Arkansas? I bet not because people in Oklahoma are cooler than us.

Stoops may have been cussed, but there is not a whole hell of a lot about Stoops that anyone could make fun of. 

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: MikeThrel on August 01, 2007, 08:05:43 am
Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 01, 2007, 07:42:22 am
I would comment on this but a lot of huggers can't take a joke and I will get smited.

I smited you just because you were worried about being smited.......   ;D

+1 8)
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

MuskogeeHogFan

August 01, 2007, 08:20:29 am #16 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:22:09 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Ish O on August 01, 2007, 08:13:10 am
No

Typical response. Another shocker. I guess if you were a sooner fan you'd be thrilled with probation and giving up all your wins from 05?

While the AD is challenging that ruling with the NCAA, it is no big deal. They give up nothing comparatively speaking. And what does that have to do with anything anyway? This has nothing to do with Oklahoma fans being cooler than us, the point is that media outside the state is finally waking up to what has been happening here. And if you want to get down to comparing the two schools and coaching staffs(which has nothing to do with this thread), OU found that their future star QB had done wrong and sent he and a starting O-Lineman packing. Arkansas ran off a Parade All American QB who was a future star and an All SEC Freshman Team WR to the one school that has handed us our head the last two seasons in a row. If that had happened at OU in the same way....well, no sense in even comparing because that wouldn't have happened there.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

No

no
i would be thilled with 4 conference championships and a national title.

BartIV

No

I would still have a National Championship that I could brag about.  But we can always brag about our SEC Western Division Title.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BartIV on August 01, 2007, 08:25:58 am
No

I would still have a National Championship that I could brag about.  But we can always brag about our SEC Western Division Title.

because those division titles are tough to come by.

Especially when you only have one true division title in 9 years.

Hawgon

Man, what I wouldn't give for a real coach like Stoops, even if he is an [CENSORED].

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hawgon on August 01, 2007, 08:28:14 am
Man, what I wouldn't give for a real coach like Stoops, even if he is an *******.

he may be a jerk but he would coach circles around the joke we have.

a nutt coached offense only gained 50 yards in the cotton bowl against oklahoma.

nuff said.

BartIV

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 01, 2007, 08:26:49 am
No

And only 5 others teams even care about that SEC Western Title.  To the rest of the world, its not the SEC Championship.

MuskogeeHogFan

No

I believe that was one of the sound bites they played of Nutt on that station....where he said how tough those division championships were to come by? It's "special".
Go Hogs Go!

BartIV

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 08:30:02 am
No

I believe that was one of the sound bites they played of Nutt on that station....where he said how tough those division championships were to come by? It's "special".
"Special" in the retard way.

MuskogeeHogFan

Man, what I wouldn't give for a real coach like Stoops, even if he is an *******.

I'm not sure the man is a jerk or anything else, he is just all business, a great coach and, he doesn't text message 18 minutes before a bowl game or do anything to cast a negative light on his program by virtue of the way he conducts his personal life.
Go Hogs Go!

BartIV

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 08:33:00 am

I'm not sure the man is a jerk or anything else, he is just all business, a great coach and, he doesn't text message 18 minutes before a bowl game or do anything to cast a negative light on his program by virtue of the way he conducts his personal life.
And I doubt his wife gets in that business, as well.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: BartIV on August 01, 2007, 08:34:10 am

You never hear about her or the kids.......he insulates his family from all the football business. But hey, this isn't a Bob Stoops love fest. The big thing I saw from all of this was simply that the media outside Arkansas, for some reason, are finally waking up to the truth of what has gone on over in Fayetteville.
Go Hogs Go!

BartIV

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 01, 2007, 08:37:04 am
Quote from: BartIV on August 01, 2007, 08:34:10 am

You never hear about her or the kids.......he insulates his family from all the football business. But hey, this isn't a Bob Stoops love fest. The big thing I saw from all of this was simply that the media outside Arkansas, for some reason, are finally waking up to the truth of what has gone on over in Fayetteville.
And as they wake up, I imagine they will be looking for another job.

maximus

bob stoops!!! good?  okay look at the big twelve, wow real intimidating.  who cares, what state is oklahoma in anyway?  
Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

BartIV

Quote from: maximus on August 01, 2007, 08:38:19 am
bob stoops!!! good?  okay look at the big twelve, wow real intimidating.  who cares, what state is oklahoma in anyway?  
Its the state with the National Championship. and the one Houston Nutt played college ball at Oklahoma St.

Hollywood_HOGan45

this is a joke right?

MuskogeeHogFan

OK, forget Stoops. How about this........7 National Championships and we have how many? 1(mythical) NC. Nuff said. Thinkk about what you are saying before you put it into writing, unless of course, you are just being cynical.
Go Hogs Go!

Choctaw Hog

Muskogee, Oklahoma is not far enough South.  Don't you know that the further South you go the more people love and respect our Dork Jester.  If you don't believe it just ask him.   

BartIV

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 01, 2007, 08:52:07 am

Muskogee, Oklahoma is not far enough South.  Don't you know that the further South you go the more people love and respect our Dork Jester.  If you don't believe it just ask him.   
Rick Schaffer said that people in Alabama just admire Houston Nutt to death.  Alabamians just can't figure out why we are so upset with him.  I guess Rick took a survey in Alabama one weekend.

Silver Hog

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on August 01, 2007, 07:42:22 am

Don't fear the smiter.

phead903

[/quote]

Yeah - Nutt is huge in Durant!

We won 4 more games than OU in 2005.

rdizzle

I haven't really cared what others think of me or the things I care about since Jr. High School.  

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: phead903 on August 01, 2007, 08:58:16 am

Yeah - Nutt is huge in Durant!
[/quote]

WOW! That says a lot. :) I think anyone could be huge in Durant.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Karma on August 01, 2007, 09:01:26 am

We won 4 more games than OU in 2005.

Ha, ha.....yeah. Guess that means ole Nutty boy should have gotten COY honors for that year too? :)
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rdizzle on August 01, 2007, 09:02:49 am
I haven't really cared what others think of me or the things I care about since Jr. High School.  

That probably puts you in the top 1% of the population and is really pertinent to the thread.
Go Hogs Go!

VANVONDENBURGH

Let them laugh it up...maybe it will ease the pain of living there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on August 01, 2007, 09:15:33 am
Let them laugh it up...maybe it will ease the pain of living there.

So apparently you didn't read the thread? They AREN'T laughing at us.
Go Hogs Go!

stormurr

great post thanks for the info +1.  HDN is a liar and every one in the country see through his crap but folks here.  At least after this season we'll not have to deal with him and his "special" coaching staff for most part anymore.

Choctaw Hog

I have really grown to like and respect Stoops.  He doesn't make excuses or act like a buffoon on the sidelines and he certainly doesn't knock the band director out of the way to lead the student section in the OU fight song.  I can't imagine Stoops ever flashing his Big 12 runner-up ring and tell everyone how hard they are to get like the Dork Jester did.  Look everbody, Look at me.  These rings are hard to come by and I have one.  See. See.  Look what I have.  These are precious and special.

Also, can you imagine Stoops, or for that matter any mature head coach saying something like this.  When people attack Coach Nutt (Nutt speaking in third person) the players feel that are attacking them.  Only in his mind. 

BamaHamr

I've been reading yall's board for a while and finally decided to post.  
1st let me say I think yall have a great board here, lots of folks with passion, pride, and knowledge.

that being said I've always like the Hogs and pull for yall when not playing BAMA.

I've kinda been on the fence with Nutt until last week, when I heard his interview and saw him "show off" a ring that represented a loss in the SECCG and a loss in a bowl game I lost it..... no offense guys but everyone I know au,lsu,tenn, fans that saw that all felt it spoke volumes about Nutt's mindset..

kinda like he was saying "hey yall look at this...... we've been to the mountain top and could actually see the promised land.... we know we won't ever actually get there  but at least we saw it...." don't except this crap yall..... if LSU can do it.... then so can yall.

okiehawg

I listen to the Sports Animal all the time.  First off, I believe I have heard some of them say before that they don't think that Nutt is the best coach, but all they ever rag on is the fans.  When Arkansas comes up, which is rarely, they talk about how crazy the fans are over here and how in their opinion they are ruining the program. 

Just what I've heard though, so don't shoot the messanger.

Hawgon

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on August 01, 2007, 09:23:01 am

I have really grown to like and respect Stoops.  He doesn't make excuses or act like a buffoon on the sidelines and he certainly doesn't knock the band director out of the way to lead the student section in the OU fight song.  I can't imagine Stoops ever flashing his Big 12 runner-up ring and tell everyone how hard they are to get like the Dork Jester did.  Look everbody, Look at me.  These rings are hard to come by and I have one.  See. See.  Look what I have.  These are precious and special.

Also, can you imagine Stoops, or for that matter any mature head coach saying something like this.  When people attack Coach Nutt (Nutt speaking in third person) the players feel that are attacking them.  Only in his mind. 

Stoops is a jerk, or at least can be.  That comes from a high school coach I know.  That said, I would much rather have someone like Stoops who is actually a good coach and doesn't embarrass the program.  On the field at least, he is all class.

For the record, the same guy who told me how bad of a jerk Stoops was, said that Nutt was a clown and an "insincere jerk".  Over the last five years, that same coach has sent three players to arkansas, seven or eight to Big 12 schools, and one very high profile recruit to a very prominent Big 10 school. 

You figure it out.

arklahoman36

I don't know where people in Arkansas get the idea folks in Oklahoma have any hate for Arkansas.

Listening to the Sports Animal, which pretty much hits all the markets in the state, they're usually complimentary of the Arkansas football team, but get a laugh at HDN's expense (with the exception of Pat Jones who seems joined to HDN at the hip).

The other day they were talking about how ridiculous it was that some people were picking Arkansas below second in the West, complimenting McFadden, talking about how ppl shouldn't discount the OL just because only a couple starters are returning.

The Tulsa World gives a good amount of coverage to Arkansas and not just AP articles -- reports from staff or freelance guys that regularly cover Arkansas for them.

I asked it before, and no one really answered, but I wonder why Arkansas fans are always looking to create enemies that just aren't there.