Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn has 10 recruits fail to qualify academically

Started by Realist, July 30, 2007, 04:50:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Realist

From their 2007 class.  AT LEAST 9 definitely will not qualify with another probable.  They include a 4 star RB,  TWO 4 star LB, 4 star ATH, and other 2 and 3 star players
They are still awaiting word on another 4 star WR, and a 3 star CB. 

Amazing

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Realist on July 30, 2007, 04:50:46 pm
From their 2007 class.  AT LEAST 9 definitely will not qualify with another probable.  They include a 4 star RB,  TWO 4 star LB, 4 star ATH, and other 2 and 3 star players
Amazing

that sounds like us the past few years during the ncaa crud.... going after reaches and then having them all fail to qualify.  auburn's not in that bad of shape though
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

grayhawg

jbhicks

Both Kodi Burns and Lee Ziemba have been cleared to play for AU.

grayhawg

Quote from: jbhicks on July 30, 2007, 05:11:26 pm
Both Kodi Burns and Lee Ziemba have been cleared to play for AU.
thanks for the info guys

Landonhog

Amazing

Ole Miss was worse than that last year...  I want to say at least a dozen or so...  We only lose a 2 or 3 each year, so I wonder how our "recruiting ranking" would look every year after they all shake out...

mj4president

Yea lee already had about 10 hours heading into summer
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SoTexHog

You can't really rank a class until you see who actually shows up on campus.  Then you don't know for sure until a couple of years later.  I'd rather have a solid 3* on campus than an all world 5* in a JUCO.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Landonhog on July 30, 2007, 05:31:12 pm

Amazing

Ole Miss was worse than that last year...  I want to say at least a dozen or so...  We only lose a 2 or 3 each year, so I wonder how our "recruiting ranking" would look every year after they all shake out...

Where do you get this??  On the ole miss scout premium board, 21 of their signees, according to their admin Yancy Porter who has this pinned at the top of the board, are QUALIFIED!! With 2 more having finished all requirements and awaiting NCAA certification (ala how Love was for us), and another still trying to get his ACT.  Only TWO of their signees for sure will not qualify.

Not to mention, you can ask Drakehog about last year, in which, according to him, only 2 people didn't make it. 

This stuff comes purely from otis and his minions who run with it as a way to explain how orgeron, coming off two HORRIBLE seasons, whips our tail on the recruiting front purely by HARD WORK, something our staff, up until this year, have NEVER demonstrated...

JackJohnson

Amazing

Well, technically it is 9 and they are awaiting on 3 more.  1 is iffy, the other two are awaiting clearence ala Jermaine Love

HoopHog

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 30, 2007, 10:15:16 pm

Amazing

Where do you get this??  On the ole miss scout premium board, 21 of their signees, according to their admin Yancy Porter who has this pinned at the top of the board, are QUALIFIED!! With 2 more having finished all requirements and awaiting NCAA certification (ala how Love was for us), and another still trying to get his ACT.  Only TWO of their signees for sure will not qualify.

Not to mention, you can ask Drakehog about last year, in which, according to him, only 2 people didn't make it. 

This stuff comes purely from otis and his minions who run with it as a way to explain how orgeron, coming off two HORRIBLE seasons, whips our tail on the recruiting front purely by HARD WORK, something our staff, up until this year, have NEVER demonstrated...

Well...admittedly, this may have come from the article I put on Hogville last year.  BUT...my article was purely speculative regarding the academic standing of several Ole Miss signees.  I never did a follow up article to report who cleared and who didn't.  Nonetheless, I did post an extensive article on the board looking at each Rebel player in question.

Realist

Amazing

This is incorrect.  Ole Miss had ALOT of guys who were borderline and alot of people bashed them for because of how many were 50/50, but 75% of those guys made it.  That is the reason you take the chance because more often than not than can get qualified. 

piggingout

Well that certainly puts a damper on that class.

Landonhog

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 10:32:25 pm

Amazing

Well...admittedly, this may have come from the article I put on Hogville last year.  BUT...my article was purely speculative regarding the academic standing of several Ole Miss signees.  I never did a follow up article to report who cleared and who didn't.  Nonetheless, I did post an extensive article on the board looking at each Rebel player in question.

I knew I wasn't completely crazy...  Glad those kids made it to college....  (well,....sorta...)

Landonhog

Amazing

I don't know an Otis...   ??? 

Realist

Quote from: Landonhog on July 31, 2007, 08:26:43 am

Amazing

I don't know an Otis...   ??? 
There were no spinning to it, they had ALOT who were very questionable.  Call Otis whatever for telling the truth but everyone was saying the same thing that they would have trouble getting eligible.  Sometimes they get eligible and thats what they did last year.  All except for their player who couldn't read and a couple others