Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winston Guy

Started by hvsupastar, July 29, 2007, 12:08:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

When are we supposed to hear him make his final decision? 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

T-Bag Hawg

I thought it was this weekend.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

Oklahawg

The weekend is only half over :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 29, 2007, 12:16:10 am

unless you live in Australia where it would be 3/4 over    j/k

Oklahawg

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on July 29, 2007, 12:18:43 am

Maybe we're picking up a punter from an Aussie rules prep league!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 29, 2007, 01:18:00 am
Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on July 29, 2007, 12:18:43 am

Maybe we're picking up a punter from an Aussie rules prep league!

They probably put out some very good LB's who don't even know it.

The Recruiting Guy

He told me it would a few more days. That was Friday.

He's going to be a Razorback.

Arkansas has done a much better job recruiting him. Kentucky screwed up. Their pitch to Winston's parents was what Winston could do for Kentucky. Arkansas' approach was here's what we can do for Winston. That really won over his parents.

Vaughn has done a masterful job recruiting Winston and his parents.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Richard Davenport on July 29, 2007, 10:30:36 am

Arkansas has done a much better job recruiting him. Kentucky screwed up. Their pitch to Winston's parents was what Winston could do for Kentucky. Arkansas' approach was here's what we can do for Winston. That really won over his parents.

WPS!!!

Tomhog™

That's good news, Richard.  When was the last time we got a football player out of KY?

JackJohnson

Quote from: Tomcat on July 29, 2007, 11:00:06 am

That's good news, Richard.  When was the last time we got a football player out of KY?

Lee Hayes CB out of Hopkinsville back in 2000

The Coletrain

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 29, 2007, 11:15:49 am
Quote from: Tomcat on July 29, 2007, 11:00:06 am

Lee Hayes CB out of Hopkinsville back in 2000

Right around that time same time frame was George Wilson, the WR from Paducah-Tilghman HS. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

RazrRila99

Just goes to show you win "mom" you most likely will get the recruit. 

killamon

Quote from: Cole1976 on July 29, 2007, 01:48:38 pm
Just goes to show you win "mom" you most likely will get the recruit. 

absolutely.....and thats one reason we almost landed Adrian Peterson.....his mom was a big big fan of HDN...

hardcorehogfan

does anyone know why louisville has not offered him?

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on July 29, 2007, 06:58:50 pm
does anyone know why louisville has not offered him?
I heard Louisville blew it with him. I doon't remember where I heard that but......that's what I heard.

COCHISE

July 29, 2007, 07:12:34 pm #15 Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:19:37 pm by 870 RZR
Can you imagine having J. Wright and W. Guy roaming the secondary?  Two guys with 4.35 speed could make life miserable for opposing QB's and receivers....Okpara only runs in the 4.4 range so he'll slow us down some, but oh well... lol ;)

Eric Cartman

Quote from: 870 RZR on July 29, 2007, 07:12:34 pm
Can you imagine having J. Wright and W. Guy roaming the secondary?  Two guys with 4.35 speed could make life miserable for opposing QB's and receivers.

that would be something.

wright would be more dominate as a cb than a wr in my opinion, maybe he can play alittle of both but you dont see that much

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

hogsmaster

This guy can run for a safety.  Hope he can hit like Hamlin.

slopinhogs

what hogmaster said.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Eric Cartman

how can a 6'1" safety that runs a 4.3 be only a 3 star?

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

Buck Brewer

Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 29, 2007, 08:53:46 pm
how can a 6'1" safety that runs a 4.3 be only a 3 star?

He plays high school football in Kentucky, alot like our homegrown three and two stars.

jbhicks

July 29, 2007, 11:06:06 pm #21 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 12:11:31 am by jbhicks
On Saturday afternoon, Rob Gidel of Sports Talk on KentuckySportsRadio.com was quoted as saying "is nearly about to accept his offer from Arkansas." I am surprised he didn't pull the trigger this weekend, but I feel he is as close as any of our recruits. I would be shocked if he is not a Hog by Monday or Tuesday.

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The_Bionic_Pig

Check this board again Monday Afternoon!!  ;D  oh yeah baby!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 29, 2007, 11:34:20 pm

cool...:)

Buck Brewer

That blog called Guy "The Steal of the South" and "he can ball."

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 29, 2007, 11:34:20 pm

Damit, I am out of town Monday.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

justmaybe

I will be excited to get him. I would expect he will be the number 1 guy that the staff will have to work hard to keep from chging his mind.

Bomis Hawg

Wright, Guy, Okpara, Bret Harris, Madison.
I'm down with that secondary.

J.A.Y.

Man Bomis, That does sound like a good Secondary. That is what you call SEC speed right there. Plus if Guy can bring the Hammer like Harris, I feel sorry for somebody trying to make catches over the middle.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: J.A.Y. on July 30, 2007, 09:10:30 am
Man Bomis, That does sound like a good Secondary. That is what you call SEC speed right there. Plus if Guy can bring the Hammer like Harris, I feel sorry for somebody trying to make catches over the middle.

That's if they get past hard-hitting Jermaine Love. ;D

Cresthog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 30, 2007, 09:27:19 am

ahh yes but lets not forget Jelani Smith. I watched his highlight tape on rivals...the kid can hit and I mean HIT.

PigWig

I could not be happier with this commitment. Stars do not do this guy justice. He is a natural athlete, and I think we'll see him playing on Sundays a few years from now.

COCHISE

Quote from: Cresthog on July 30, 2007, 09:47:51 am
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 30, 2007, 09:27:19 am

ahh yes but lets not forget Jelani Smith. I watched his highlight tape on rivals...the kid can hit and I mean HIT.
Agreed.....getting the #1 Linebacker in the state of Louisiana is never a bad thing, this is a HUGE steal IMO.

nughaud

Jelani needs to hit the weight room, he should be benching over 325lbs easy at his size.

When compared to Jermaine Love, Jelani looks like a little kid.  He needs to hit that weight room hard.

COCHISE

July 30, 2007, 10:53:52 am #35 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:14:17 am by 870 RZR
Quote from: nughaud on July 30, 2007, 10:28:36 am
Jelani needs to hit the weight room, he should be benching over 325lbs easy at his size.

When compared to Jermaine Love, Jelani looks like a little kid.  He needs to hit that weight room hard.
Geez.....at 207 lbs he should be benching over 325 EASY?....thanks for making me feel like a wiener...lol :)

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: nughaud on July 30, 2007, 10:28:36 am

It is rare for a 207lb high shool kid to bench 300.

nughaud

You think?  I'm 31 now, but when I was 17 in high school and was 179lbs at 6'0 I benched 300lbs.  Thanks for the negative Karma, even if you don't understand a post you just hit negative because you don't agree. 

Maybe you should look at Jermaine Love's stats.. he's benching almost 400lbs.  I guess since he is 13 lbs heavier it's ok?  All I said is he's not Jermaine Love and he needs to up his stats to compete. 

jpenrod1

300+ is plenty for a kid of his age. if he graduated college at that weight then yes, you would think he was being lazy, but at his age that is pretty good.

COCHISE

It's not fair to compare the other LB's to Jermaine Love, it would be like comparing our corners to Chris Houston, those two guys are just incredible physical specimens ......got you back above .500 nughaud +1   ;)

nughaud

Quote from: jpenrod1 on July 30, 2007, 11:15:52 am
300+ is plenty for a kid of his age. if he graduated college at that weight then yes, you would think he was being lazy, but at his age that is pretty good.

He's only benching 260 right now, so either...
#1, he's not really lifting or..
#2, he's lifting and he's not getting any stronger.  I seriously hope it's #1.

I want this guy to be a beast just like everyone else, but he's stats are not up to par by any means, but hopefully that will change.

jpenrod1

he is only a junior right? well about to be a senior. im saying if he gets it to 300+ by the time he gets on campus he will be fine.

Eric Cartman

would you rather have jermaine love and jelani smith or arthur brown?

nughaud

July 30, 2007, 11:56:20 am #43 Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 11:58:49 am by nughaud
Jermaine Love and Arthur Brown... Brown's video is simply out of this world.  To use the words from someone else on this forum... "it looks like he is shot out of a cannon".

I was looking at some stats from Bret Harris and he benches 310lbs and he weighs 180-190lbs. 

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=2479431

Eric Cartman

Quote from: nughaud on July 30, 2007, 11:56:20 am
Jermaine Love and Arthur Brown... Brown's video is simply out of this world.  To use the words from someone else on this forum... "it looks like he is shot out of a cannon".

I was looking at some stats from Bret Harris and he benches 310lbs and he weighs 180-190lbs. 

bench press depends alot on how long your arms are. i was 160 and could bench 255 during football, because i had shorter arms.

cbjagman

Is a Razorback!!!!! That's all I need to know.

nughaud

Quote from: Eric Cartman on July 30, 2007, 12:18:41 pm
Quote from: nughaud on July 30, 2007, 11:56:20 am

bench press depends alot on how long your arms are. i was 160 and could bench 255 during football, because i had shorter arms.

Somewhat, I have rather long arms, but not basketball players arms and my wrists are still to this date skinny.  Either way, let's just hope he hits the weights this year and in the offseason and bulks up.  I'm sure Jermaine Love will help him out with bulking up.  I hope he turns out to be a beast =)