Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina's Cory Boyd calls out Darren McFadden

Started by gohogs, July 27, 2007, 01:14:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Frye

FYI, I attended Media Day on Wednesday, interviewed Cory Boyd and he said the complete opposite.  He stated that he looks up to D-Mac and that he respects him to the fullest.  He also said that he roots for D-Mac in being the best back in the country and he wishes that he could reach his level.  Just for the record, I hate SC and the Ole' Ball Coach and I'm a die-hard Arkansas fan and native(Rison)... unlike some of you bandwagoners.

razorbass

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ballhog88 on July 27, 2007, 01:50:44 pm
What's dmac have on them in 2 years 400 plus yards. Yeah he sucks!
More like 500 yds. in Fayettville D mac had more than their entire team like 269 or 289(not sure) then last year, 219. Kenny Irons did that prior to our game last year, afterwords, not so much. May be I got that backwards, any way K. Irons did some lip service and got punked out on game day.

TRAVELHOG

Quote from: Centaur63 on July 27, 2007, 05:14:39 pm
  FYI, I attended Media Day on Wednesday, interviewed Cory Boyd and he said the complete opposite.  He stated that he looks up to D-Mac and that he respects him to the fullest.  He also said that he roots for D-Mac in being the best back in the country and he wishes that he could reach his level.  Just for the record, I hate SC and the Ole' Ball Coach and I'm a die-hard Arkansas fan and native(Rison)... unlike some of you bandwagoners.
8)
Chance favors the prepared mind

missippihog

Quote from: TRAVELHOG on July 27, 2007, 01:20:25 pm
Quote from: gohogs on July 27, 2007, 01:14:28 pm
This is a cut and paste from the south carolina state newspaper from rivals.com

Boyd was asked several times about a fellow running back, Arkansas junior Darren McFadden, who spoke earlier in the day. McFadden is considered a Heisman Trophy candidate, but Boyd did not appear impressed.

“If we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we’d be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they’d have the same type of results too,” Boyd said.

When Boyd said that, the surprised out-of-town reporter muttered an “OK,” smiled and walked away.

Shortly afterwards, Boyd could be heard screaming "My daddy can beat up his daddy."

Now thats funny right there.

Jellohawg

You can't fix STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawaiianhogster

Even though I'm struggling with our head coach I think a healthy DMac is going to make some wonderful and incredible touchdown runs in spite of the coaches coaching ability or lack thereof. I hope that both of my favorite Heisman trophy candidates make it very difficult and impossible for anyone else to surpass them at their respective positions. Man I love football season. I'm blessed to have two great teams to cheer for win or lose.

Prosciutto

Let Spurrier guarantee his opponent that he will not throw a pass, then see how many yards Boyd gets.

razorbass

Quote from: PigWig on July 27, 2007, 01:53:57 pm
Quote from: parrishw on July 27, 2007, 01:51:16 pm
If we turn right we will go right and if they turn right they will go right also.

If I had a red car like his red car then we would both have a red car.........................

Or........

he thinks his teams offense is not so good................?????........and if he was playing in our offense he would be another DMac.???

No wonder the reporter just said OK and walked away.

Sound to me like the young man is a few tater tots short of a happy meal..................

They have tater tots in Happy Meals?  ???
You beat me to it! LOL

razorbass

Apparently he didn't hear what Phat Phill said about him last year! ;)

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Dale will prevent Dmac from ever winning anything.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

351hog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on July 28, 2007, 12:56:51 am
Dale will prevent Dmac from ever winning anything.

You mean like SEC player of the year and the Doak Walker award???  Another laughable attempt by you...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: gohogs on July 27, 2007, 01:14:28 pm
This is a cut and paste from the south carolina state newspaper from rivals.com

Boyd was asked several times about a fellow running back, Arkansas junior Darren McFadden, who spoke earlier in the day. McFadden is considered a Heisman Trophy candidate, but Boyd did not appear impressed.

“If we had the same offense that Arkansas has, we’d be putting up the same type of results that they have, and if they had the type of offense we have, they’d have the same type of results too,” Boyd said.

When Boyd said that, the surprised out-of-town reporter muttered an “OK,” smiled and walked away.

I wonder how long it took Spurrier to get him in an adjacent room and have a talk with him? :)
Go Hogs Go!

hogsmaster

Well if Boyd was on Arkansas team this year.  More than likely, he would be 4th on the depth chart.  If he ever had a chance to get in the game, he would make about 25 yards or less on plays that Dmac routinely takes it to the house from 60-80 yards out after running over and/or stiff-arming a few defensive players.

piggingout

D-mac didn't back down from Irons, I know he won't back down from...wait who's this guy again?!

HogasaurusRex

Break & Run

Quote from: DOCHog21 on July 27, 2007, 01:21:13 pm
seems like Mr. Boyd has Mcfadden-envy, a condition spreading its way through the sec

ummm.........it's spreading around the country...not just the SEC...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 28, 2007, 12:01:50 pm
Well if Boyd was on Arkansas team this year.  More than likely, he would be 4th on the depth chart.  If he ever had a chance to get in the game, he would make about 25 yards or less on plays that Dmac routinely takes it to the house from 60-80 yards out after running over and/or stiff-arming a few defensive players.

He would be 5th.... DMAC,Jones,Smith,Barnett...then MAYBE Boyd...if he had the talen to use a scholie for (which he doesnt)
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

weevilhogg

so, basically, what he's saying is that if I were as good as D-mac, I, too, could be a heisman hopeful.

that boy is smart.
Oh my!