Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tennessee boards.....

Started by mcfaddenforheisman, July 23, 2007, 02:38:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

Quote from: rihog on July 24, 2007, 02:05:47 am
I don't usually post, but I do like to read. However, I felt compelled to at least put my .02 cents in. Fulmer has said that he wants to use the Running Backs to compensate for his lack of depth at reciever. The trio of RBs did little, averaging 108 ypg. And they had a combind 19 catches last season.  However, Fullmer must not have been that impressed with the other receivers on Campus either, because he was trolling the Jucos for a couple of WRs. Furthermore, they lost the whole left side of their line, and unlike most years, they don't have ready made replacements that will show little or no drop off.

On defense, they have a good not great front four, but there is zero depth behind. There is one retruning starter in tehir secondary, again poor recruiting at this position has put them in a bind, and they lack any real play making ability.

Now I am not saying that Arkansas will hands down win this game. There are a couple factors against that. Such as
1. It is at Neyland, which is never an easy win for the road team regardless of who.
2. If Ainge is healty, he will move the offense.

However, I think that Arkansas has a strong shot at winning this one.
The UT offense line has more experience than last year. Going into last year UT oline had 33 starts compared to 44 this year. Also we are deeper. One of our starters from last year will now be a bench sitter. Our LB will be very solid and our D line will be fine. Not as deep as past with experience but very highly recruited kids sitting behind them. Our WR corp is the ? but we do have a couple of top notch TE that will play much bigger roles. The speed at WR will be better this year but the size will not be the same. Our defense will be much improved this year. Now that don't mean we win. I actually think the hogs will be underated by most this year. Not me.

ALLVOL

Quote from: razorbass on July 23, 2007, 07:21:10 pm
Quote from: ALLVOL on July 23, 2007, 07:03:43 pm
Quote from: razorbass on July 23, 2007, 06:50:19 pm
They didn't listen to what their coach had to say about him at halftime last year!                               " He's all man, we've got to tackle his butt" ::) :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

That is easier said than done.
People say he's a marked man this year, but he was a marked man last year too. ;)
You can mark him but you still have to catch and tackle him. He should be the most feared player in the NCAA.

SirCHog

...we'll spank their little checkered bottoms...

cbjagman

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 05:19:38 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on July 23, 2007, 04:07:02 pm
Quote from: ilovepinebluff on July 23, 2007, 03:54:21 pm
Quote from: Little E on July 23, 2007, 03:47:22 pm
Quote from: mcfaddenforheisman on July 23, 2007, 02:38:38 pm
giving us no credit whatsoever... 

Why do they think they will beat us so badly this season???

Easy.  Because Houston Nutt is still the coach. 

Fat Phil isnt exactly a good coach either.

Shoot no, he's horrible.  Just won a National Title.

Congrats to him. He won a National Title which was COMPLETELY unearned. Ask any football analyst, and they will say Tennessee was the worst and luckiest team to ever win the NC. Even in the national title game, they got to play against Florida States 3rd string QB. One year does not make a head coach. Going by your logic, Houston Nutt is a good coach because of the 2006 season.

Hell, did he even win an SEC championship with Peyton?
While I'm certainly not a fan of PF, I will give him credit for winning a NC, however it was done. Sadly more that I can say for our illustrious HC.