Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Horton...being groomed for HC?

Started by twistitup, July 19, 2007, 06:57:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hirebutchdavis

Horton as the next HC?  Someone please put down the crack pipe and step away.  You have smoked to much of it this week. 

hilljack

I'm not sure about his coaching skills, but he makes a damn good cup of coffee....Just ask those crazy Canadians.  They love some Tim Hortons

arcowboy

David Lee will never be the HC his head coaching was disastrous, he is like a Jack Crowe.   May make a OC , but some guys are always going to be assistants. 

OKCHogFan

I don't think we've seen the next HC on campus yet.

NWA Porker

You know, this Tim Horton guy may turn out to be the greatest running back coach of all time but it's the fact that they keep bringing in ex-Arkansas players or someone with a connection to one of the PTB that just sticks in my craw.  Can we not just hire the BEST coach available in the country instead of just the best coach available that has some Nutt/Arkansas/Broyles connection?  This good ole boy-yes man syndrome is getting ridiculous and I'm not happy with the Horton selection just for that reason and that's a shame because he's probably a decent coach.  Oh well, it's useless getting pissed off about it because nothing's ever going to happen to fix it. 

centertonhog

July 20, 2007, 05:20:26 pm #55 Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 05:25:49 pm by centertonhog
 :razorback:

Wayne Watson

I don't think David Lee is cut out for HC.  And here's why:

David Lee, offensive quality control; born July 2, 1953, Cape Girardeau, Mo. Quarterback Vanderbilt 1971-74. No pro playing experience. College coach: Tennessee-Martin 1975-76, Vanderbilt 1977, Mississippi 1978-1982, New Mexico 1983, Arkansas 1984-88, 2001-02, Texas-El Paso 1989-1993 (head coach), Rice 1994-2000. Pro coach: Joined Cowboys in 2003.

This was listed before his departure from Dallas to come here and can be found at http://www.nfl.com/teams/coaching/DAL
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

slopinhogs

take a deep breath folks . i'm bettin HDN gets a contract extension after this year. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

slopinhogs

dallas cut him loose for a reason jerry is one of the good old boys  and let him go so you know hiw that unfurls.

it'sa like the guy you had working for you that left and a reference was requested and they asked if you knew him . your reply yes i knew him and mailed it back to them.

i'm waiting a watching :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

71Grad

Have I missed something?  Isn't Frank Broyles still alive?

First requirement for discussion of a new head coach?:  A corpse.

Sorry, kick me off.

jap66

Quote from: HogFanLR on July 19, 2007, 04:26:44 pm
Quote from: tmp on July 19, 2007, 09:19:25 am
The good ole boy network is alive and well on the hill.

They care nothing about wins, only about keeping things the way they are.

Just play .500 ball, keep the seats filled and the $$ coming in.

The good ole boy - is that the new talking points??? 

GOB Alert

Here come the GOB's.
Need to learn what GOB (good ole boy) means now. Otherwise one many not understand a message.

jackflash

If he wins 10 games and has a great recruiting don't think he will go anywhere. If we hire another coach, he will have his own good-o-boy network. Don't think Horton was hired to be groomed for HC? I like Gus, but he would not have been consider for the HC job this early in his career. I would have like to seen Gus and Lee work together, think this would have been great team. Think this could have happen if it had been handle right. I would have named Gus ass HC and groomed him for HC.

stevenwayneslane

After this season none of the coaches will be here.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: jackflash on July 21, 2007, 09:32:08 am
If he wins 10 games and has a great recruiting don't think he will go anywhere. If we hire another coach, he will have his own good-o-boy network. Don't think Horton was hired to be groomed for HC? I like Gus, but he would not have been consider for the HC job this early in his career. I would have like to seen Gus and Lee work together, think this would have been great team. Think this could have happen if it had been handle right. I would have named Gus ass HC and groomed him for HC.

That would have been fun to watch.  But Paw Paw said the HUNH wouldn't work in the SEC.  Oh, well...Glad Gus took the high road and went to a school where he can at least try his theories at a higher level.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

sihog

Quote from: twistitup on July 19, 2007, 06:57:01 am
He has razorback blood, he is on the rise in the coaching world- could Horton be the next Head Coach at Arkansas?

(not that he is ready, but the Good ol' boy system is firmly in place on the hill)

How would you feel?
he just  made it to campus, how in the world is he beeing groomed for HC?
GO HOGS GO

Mr. Perfect

Houston will leave Arkansas in 2020 when he retires as head coach.

grayhawg

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on July 21, 2007, 03:40:37 pm
Houston will leave Arkansas in 2020 when he retires as head coach.
You are almost funny enough for the tonight show newby. >:(

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: slopinhogs on July 19, 2007, 06:18:22 pm
i know his daddy has some pull ,but do you think it's that much? :razorback:

It was enough to indirectly get Houston his 2 year pass. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

twistitup

Quote from: sihog on July 21, 2007, 03:28:42 pm
He has razorback blood, he is on the rise in the coaching world- could Horton be the next Head Coach at Arkansas?

(not that he is ready, but the Good ol' boy system is firmly in place on the hill)

How would you feel?
he just  made it to campus, how in the world is he beeing groomed for HC?

the grooming has to start at some point.......he has Arkansas connections, he is young, up and coming,he has D-1 experience, wouldn't require a huge contract-- fit's the profile...
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DeltaBoy

How would you feel?

NO WAY I wouldn't want Tim even if Hell Froze over and the Saints won the Super bowl.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Way

How would you feel?

I think he will move to the Cowboys staff within 2 years.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: razorback903 on July 19, 2007, 07:27:59 am
I'm thinking David Lee is being groomed for the position.  If it's either one of these two, at this point, I'm not impressed.  But then again the season hasn't started, and if the offense looks good and somewhat balanced then they might not be a bad choice.
Me thinks David Lee is not very happy right now could be suffering from a common coordinator illness found in NW regions of the state now referred to as Malzahnitis, symptoms appear shortly after you figure out you've been lied to and are consistant with red irritation in the buttocks area.

Dugann

who the  hell knows ....we'll get some start up like this guy and not go after someone that can really coach.  hugger will be left at the alter and nutt will be laughing all way to bank as the Uhal pulls out of his yard to another school loc.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

dishhog10

Quote from: nextplease on July 19, 2007, 08:04:59 am
I don't have anything against Horton but it does sicken me that the good ole boy system wins out.

The good old boy system just convinced a coach who was an Offensive Coordinator (that is 1 step away from being a HC, by the way) to take a job as running backs coach.    Horton was done well at every school he has coached at and he seems to have a solid reputation in the coaching community.    If the "good old boy system" can get Horton to take a step from OC to running backs coach, then I say KEEP the good old boy system.     

PS.  I am sure you didn't mean it, but the verbage in your post sounded like you believe the U of A hired Horton because he was either white or a former razorback or both, that being the definition of "good old boy system" in most parts of the country.   
Lets band together and back BP

twistitup

Quote from: dishhog10 on July 22, 2007, 06:58:18 am
Quote from: nextplease on July 19, 2007, 08:04:59 am
I don't have anything against Horton but it does sicken me that the good ole boy system wins out.

The good old boy system just convinced a coach who was an Offensive Coordinator (that is 1 step away from being a HC, by the way) to take a job as running backs coach.    Horton was done well at every school he has coached at and he seems to have a solid reputation in the coaching community.    If the "good old boy system" can get Horton to take a step from OC to running backs coach, then I say KEEP the good old boy system.     

PS.  I am sure you didn't mean it, but the verbage in your post sounded like you believe the U of A hired Horton because he was either white or a former razorback or both, that being the definition of "good old boy system" in most parts of the country.   

Many people are willing to take a temporary step 'down', if big promises are made about the future....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....