Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee TE/WR/DE/OLB Elijah Epperson likes the Hogs

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 15, 2007, 11:22:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Elijah is a 6'4 235  4.54 speed from Humboldt HS, Humboldt, TN. I talked to Elijah earlier tonight and here what he had to say.

TRG: What's your total offers?

E.J.: I have 5 offers. Ole Miss, Miss St. Arkansas, UT-Martin and Middle Tennessee.

TRG: What other schools are showing interest?

E.J.: Nebraska, Miami, Tennessee, Florida has sent me a few letters. Colorado. Memphis will offer later this season. Tennessee said I'm the top prospect in West Tennessee that they're recruiting right now but I'm not looking. I live in Tennessee and they're doing pretty bad (recruiting job) right now.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

E.J.:Back in May.

TRG: Who's the first school to offer?

E.J.: Miss St.

TRG: Why the interest in Arkansas?

E.J.: Arkansas is one of my top choices because they won the SEC West and I like a winning program. The have Darren McFadden who's going to win the Heisman trophy. If I go there I'll be noticed.

TRG: What were your stats from this past season?

E.J.: I had 88 tackles, 10 sacks, 14 tackles for losses and 1 interception. On offense I had 23 receptions for 700 yards and 5 TDs

TRG: What postions do you play?

E.J.: I play OLB and DE.

TRG: Where is Arkansas saying they want you to play?

E.J.: There's so many postions I can play. I can play receiver, tight end, OLB. It depends on how big I get. They're recruiting me as a DE.

TRG: Have you made any visits?

E.J.: I went to Ole Miss' camp. I went to Ole Miss on Saturday and I was going to Miss St. the next day but they (Ole Miss) wore me out and I think they did that on purpose so I wouldn't make the Miss St. camp. My head coach said they did that on purpose so I wouldn't go to Miss St. 

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

E.J.: December 1st. My whole family is telling me to go to Arkansas.

TRG: Why is that?

E.J.: They believe that's where I can go and be noticed. Really I just want to play outside of Tennessee. I want see different places.

Elijah told me he plans to attend Arkansas' Sr. camp but won't know for sure til Tuesday. Coach Markuson is recruiting Elijah.

Elijah is one nice young man.

beansandtaters

Great interview Richard! This guy is a must get. Come on over Elijah! I want to see a 6'4" LB laying some wood!

mj4president

lol.Why would Ole Miss not want a player to visit Miss St. It would just end Miss St's chances. In fact if I were Ed I would encourage him to go to Miss St. and see whats there. Nothing.

I hope he is a hog. Thanks again Richard.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HOGINTENNESSEE

mhsbc59

living in west tn i can say the high school comption is not that great here i really hope the kid is that good
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Hogstocking

July 16, 2007, 07:41:18 am #5 Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 07:43:18 am by Hogstocking
Love the size and speed and he sounds like a playmaker.  23 receptions for 700 yards?  That's 30 yards per reception.  88 tackles, 10 sacks,  Good grief.

arklahoman36

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 15, 2007, 11:25:34 pm
Great interview Richard! This guy is a must get. Come on over Elijah! I want to see a 6'4" LB laying some wood!

What makes him a must get?
I have a feeling Richard could invent a player, put up a phony interview and there would be at least a few people that would start saying the kid is a must get prospect.

Adam Stokes

July 16, 2007, 08:33:46 am #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:36:49 am by ajs15razorman
  Athletes are always the best players to get, that way we can use him in whatever position we need to.  He could also help recruiting in western Tennesse.  I like his stats alot.  He also comes from a VERY smart family. 

Is it just me, or is Darren McFadden our best recruiter?

HogNuttz

Quote from: Hogstocking on July 16, 2007, 07:41:18 am
Love the size and speed and he sounds like a playmaker.  23 receptions for 700 yards?  That's 30 yards per reception.  88 tackles, 10 sacks,  Good grief.

I can see a 30 yard average.  A guy that big and that fast in high school has to be hard to bring down in the open field, or hard to bring down period.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

PigWig

Ramble on Barbershop

he will come to arkansas.. i read some other articals on him and seems like he will be a hog.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Ramble on Barbershop

rivals said he had 20 cathces 685 yard 34.25 yards a catch.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Bomis Hawg

I guess Tennessee (possible), Ole Miss, and Miss State having offers on the table means nothing, just the fact that UTM sent one. 

Oh, well. 

jbhicks

I have heard we are recruiting him as a TE, but EJ says differently. I think it makes a lot of sense to recruit him as a TE. Sounds like he may be a doamond in the rough, but I would like to see how his season goes.

jackflash

If that the correct size and speed, I would take him no matter who else is recruiting him, wonder why we are looking at him at DE instead of TE ?

Bomis Hawg

According to last year's recruiting, Orgeron crushed our class. 

jhudson84

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 16, 2007, 10:01:16 am
According to last year's recruiting, Orgeron crushed our class. 

Half of those players never made it to campus and once they did they realized Ed cant coach a horse to water.

COCHISE

July 16, 2007, 10:20:04 am #17 Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:31:59 am by 870 RZR
His list of offers will increase, no doubt.  He's received letters from Florida, Nebraska, and Miami and this is only July, he hasn't played his senior season yet.  We're recruiting this kid based on his potential and what Reggie thinks he can do with him, that size and speed is a rare combo.  Also his stats ARE good, regardless of what classification he's in in High School.  The kid plays all over the field from DE to LB to WR to TE, if he played one position such as strictly DE, his stats would likely balloon.

Tomhog™

He sounds like a player that can be developed if he has some work ethic.  He has nice stats, no matter what his classification is.  He could be a Matt Hewitt type that is adaptable to a variety of positions.  It's nice to have a few players like that.

mrcrowley

you can teach the boy how to play football however you cant teach him to be 6'4" 235 an 4.5...

hell yeah sign him up

ALLVOL

beansandtaters

Quote from: arklahoman36 on July 16, 2007, 07:44:20 am

I have a feeling Richard could invent a player, put up a phony interview and there would be at least a few people that would start saying the kid is a must get prospect.

Did you see his size and speed? Best combination of anyone we're recruiting. THAT'S what makes him a must get. He's adaptable to many positions. THAT's what makes him a must get. I'd rather have him on my team than Ole Miss, MS St., or TN. I guess you may disagree.

HogNuttz

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 16, 2007, 12:34:31 pm
Quote from: arklahoman36 on July 16, 2007, 07:44:20 am

Did you see his size and speed? Best combination of anyone we're recruiting. THAT'S what makes him a must get. He's adaptable to many positions. THAT's what makes him a must get. I'd rather have him on my team than Ole Miss, MS St., or TN. I guess you may disagree.

I don't disagree.  It seems like the vast majorty of "athletes" we recruit have measureables for a CB, S, WR, or maybe a small running back.  He could play many positions and he doesn't fit the typical mold of the recruits placed in the athlete catagory.  Seems he could be a helluva lead blocker out of the back field as well if we happen to run into depth issues at FB, which I don't foresee.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

COCHISE

Some people want to have it both ways, they complain when we offer recruits only after the "big boys" have offered and say we should be on these recruits sooner, but then when we offer BEFORE the the big programs the staff is criticized for going after recruits that none of the major programs have offered yet.  Say what you will about the current coaching staff but one thing has remained consistent and that is their ability to spot and develop talent that others may not have been quick to recruit.