Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Sexton selling Nutt

Started by go hogues, July 12, 2007, 03:35:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think he's going to have to use Match.com to find the right fit for H.  Houston's already banned from eHarmony.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jc20

...."He went 3-0 against your conference this year".....

tropical soooiee

conference division championship under construction

OnYourToes

If you want to be "so close", perfect at being mediocre, moral national champions, a run first, second third anf ourth offense with a scheme straight out of the good old days of SWC football, then do I have the coach for you. . .
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Wooisme

Remember...

No one hunches a goalpost like Hapless The Wonder Coach.

He'll bring the good grass and the good gatorade.
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

oldtimerhog

I'll help sell him...think we can find any takers ;)
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

CDOGHOG

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

wildhogman

if I was Sexton I'd reverse the 5% and tell the next school he has a large fanbase watching his every move. They'll fil up your stadium buying season tickets and selling out every home game. If you dont believe me, just look at recent history. Games sold out, every move the man makes analyzed and scrutinized. I am surprised his bathroom schedule is not on here, although it would not surprise me to learn it is here, just in code. LOL sometimes it gets pathetic, but atleast there is getting to be more football talk. The reason I joined in the first place. Football 101, and there are alot of good students of the game to be found here. Too bad they forgot about that.

HogStang

It's going be next to impossible to sell him to anyone unless he wins 10+ games this year. If not, he'll be riding his Arkansas contract out.

Of course, there's always the chance the Hogs go to a BCS bowl this year and he moves into the AD job..... ::)

Hogphilia

Now that is funny.....Mr. Haney....a symbol for Dale Nutt....Classic....+1

HogNuttz

Market him to schools with big time recruiting bases using the same line most national media have.  Everyone in the state hates him, yet he still recruited Mustain, Williams, Youngblood, Curtis, and Dmac.  He could rack up huge talent with your recruiting base and he wins 10 games and he goes to Jan 1 bowls, etc....
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: go hogues on July 12, 2007, 03:35:04 pm
If you were Jimmy Sexton (Nutt's agent) and you were shopping the Dale around this coming year, how would you sell him?  What pitch would you give and how would you do it?

(Remember, this guy is faced with the challenge of making coaches look their best all while making millions of dollars to do it)

Discuss

I would sell them on the idea that they could get a "two-for-one" coach...a football coach (albeit a pi$$ poor one) and a band director.  Be sure and show them the clip of Houston almost knocking down the band director to lead the band.  Sure would get me pumped up if I was low mid-major school.

Justme

He'll have real trouble marketing Nutt.  HDN is a joke and damaged goods.

HDale

Among his many talents....

#1 Band director
#2 Student advisor
#3a Charity worker
#3b Family man
#3c christian
#4 He will convince you that 7-5 is a great season.

I will always hate the Dork

HDale

Quote from: jc20 on July 12, 2007, 08:55:42 pm
...."He went 3-0 against your conference this year".....
Nice!
I will always hate the Dork

WMHawgfan

He's a fighter and a winner!
lot of heart! lot of heart!
he calls his own plays, he calls a lot of good plays brotha
he'll never let go of the rope
He'll keep all those pesky 5 star whiners out of your program

And if your worried about your budget you can fire your band director. Nutt is a top rate musical conductor.

HoopHog

Quote from: WMHawgfan on July 13, 2007, 11:13:09 am
He's a fighter and a winner!
lot of heart! lot of heart!
he calls his own plays, he calls a lot of good plays brotha
he'll never let go of the rope
He'll keep all those pesky 5 star whiners out of your program

And if your worried about your budget you can fire your band director. Nutt is a top rate musical conductor.

EXCELLENT!

Because the UofA is slow to pull the trigger, here is what they (and we) are facing:

NO OTHER SCHOOL WANTS THE CLOWN!!!  HDN ACTIVELY pursued the Alabama job (this is Nutt's dream job) last season...no matter what you fans are spoonfed.  He called and pursued it, but Bama did not pursue him.  When his name was suggested on radio talk shows within the state of Alabama, the Tide fans became unglued at even the mention of Houston Nutt coaching their beloved team.  The Bama AD could see that it would be absolutel suicide to even slightly pursue this option.

The AD at Alabama knows the same thing that Skip Bertman @ LSU and Peterson @ Nebraska both know...they will get lynched in an attempt to sell HDN to their fan base.

The reason why Coach Nutt did not have a longer phone/text record with other schools is simple.  It was a one and done scenario.  "Thank you coach, we appreciate your interest, but we PASS!"  He still called em and was still trying to find an option, but he has made himself about as marketable as the black plague!!!

fullfan

Quote from: go hogues on July 12, 2007, 05:32:27 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on July 12, 2007, 04:22:02 pm
I think it would be a great match for Coach Nutt to coach right in the city Sexton calls home should he decide to leave (or forced out) the UofA. 
As a matter of fact, I personally would love to see him coach the Tigers.  It is a troubled program (mid-major in football at that) that would be bringing in a big name coach (much like was done with Coach Cal).

Since I am not a tiger football fan, it doesn't pain me to say I hope they have a losing season and get rid of the Coach (West)  to pave the way for this to happen.

I would think Memphis would probably be the best he could get unless Mississippi State decides to can Croom and look within the conference for a replacement.
Well you know he thinks he is more popular the further south he travels.   Head to MState HDN they will love your mediocrity and most do not have the internet.

Dugann

Great one Wilsonhog...I almost spit mouth full of coffee on the screen. "I'm a winner, I'm a fighter, I'm a texter!~"

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

WILL CLINTON

I'll be honest, I have been a salesman, and I don't think it would be hard to sell Houston to another program.

See the way people all over the country are flabbergasted at the attempts on Houston's job.  They think WE are the stupid ones for wanting him out after he blessed us with a 10 win season. 

People think HE is at a disadvantage as a coach, and with more talent around him, he could do wonders.  What they fail to realize is that the only people who are at a disadvantage here are the fans and the athletes.  They need more talent around them at the coaching spots to really show people "wassup".
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HoopHog

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on July 13, 2007, 02:21:36 pm
I'll be honest, I have been a salesman, and I don't think it would be hard to sell Houston to another program.

See the way people all over the country are flabbergasted at the attempts on Houston's job.  They think WE are the stupid ones for wanting him out after he blessed us with a 10 win season. 

People think HE is at a disadvantage as a coach, and with more talent around him, he could do wonders.  What they fail to realize is that the only people who are at a disadvantage here are the fans and the athletes.  They need more talent around them at the coaching spots to really show people "wassup".

That was a home run!!!

cbjagman

If you were Jimmy Sexton (Nutt's agent) and you were shopping the Dale around this coming year, how would you sell him?  What pitch would you give and how would you do it?

(Remember, this guy is faced with the challenge of making coaches look their best all while making millions of dollars to do it)

Discuss
Like you do with any other nutt: by the pound!!!!!

PaleHorse

Quote from: WilsonHog on July 12, 2007, 03:37:00 pm

Discuss

Maybe he can get Nutt an endorsement contract to be the new national spokesman for Cingular.

You mean "The new AT&T"?
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

gomersnerd

Quote from: rlh06 on July 12, 2007, 06:38:08 pm
Quote from: nutted on July 12, 2007, 06:33:11 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on July 12, 2007, 03:43:57 pm
Make the Arkansas job look as tough as possible.  Lie and mislead.  Its what agents do.  Tell the programs that its impossible to recruit to Fayetteville yet Nutt can still manage to get bowl eligible in the SEC.  Explain using an agent's way with the truth how we have been shut out of Texas because we joined the SEC and Nutt can't get talent because of it.  Play up the Texas wins, the '06 season and show the rise in attendance since Nutt got the job and make it appear that its Dale driven.  Blame the one dimensional offenses on the qb coaches and point out that Nutt has made a few coaching changes there in order to try and improve.  And dismiss the offseason unrest on the small, meaningless 5% group. 

Maybe he'll find an AD and Univ Pres gullible enough to believe the lies and half truths.  Not farfetched if he can find a couple who are Arkansans. 

That is exactly how Sexton would do it....you know too much done.

I have no hope in Sexton being able to do much though.  He couldn't sell him to NCST or Bama last year....I don't think it can be done....Hooten is coach for life at Arkansas until he leaves on his own....no other program will take him.

Hooten should leave and say he's burned out....then come back after a year off....all the tarnish will be worn off and someone may take him.

Exactly.  What school would pay him $1.5 mil with the bag of crap he's carrying.

no way to talk about his wife.
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

Wayne Watson

Quote from: gomersnerd on July 13, 2007, 08:41:26 pm
Quote from: rlh06 on July 12, 2007, 06:38:08 pm
Quote from: nutted on July 12, 2007, 06:33:11 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on July 12, 2007, 03:43:57 pm
Make the Arkansas job look as tough as possible.  Lie and mislead.  Its what agents do.  Tell the programs that its impossible to recruit to Fayetteville yet Nutt can still manage to get bowl eligible in the SEC.  Explain using an agent's way with the truth how we have been shut out of Texas because we joined the SEC and Nutt can't get talent because of it.  Play up the Texas wins, the '06 season and show the rise in attendance since Nutt got the job and make it appear that its Dale driven.  Blame the one dimensional offenses on the qb coaches and point out that Nutt has made a few coaching changes there in order to try and improve.  And dismiss the offseason unrest on the small, meaningless 5% group. 

Maybe he'll find an AD and Univ Pres gullible enough to believe the lies and half truths.  Not farfetched if he can find a couple who are Arkansans. 

That is exactly how Sexton would do it....you know too much done.

I have no hope in Sexton being able to do much though.  He couldn't sell him to NCST or Bama last year....I don't think it can be done....Hooten is coach for life at Arkansas until he leaves on his own....no other program will take him.

Hooten should leave and say he's burned out....then come back after a year off....all the tarnish will be worn off and someone may take him.

Exactly.  What school would pay him $1.5 mil with the bag of crap he's carrying.

no way to talk about his wife.

Did I miss the wife part?  Funny, the part about Diana screwing this whole thing went right over my head!   ;)
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Justifiable Hogicide

razorbass

Justifiable Hogicide

RazorNick

I would sell him as is with no warranty!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Sexton is afraid to sell Houston on e-bay.  His rating would plummet after the sale.

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 14, 2007, 10:08:52 am
Sexton is afraid to sell Houston on e-bay.  His rating would plummet after the sale.
LMAO...
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Justifiable Hogicide

"If you will hire Houston you will be a hero forever in the state of Arkansas".