Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folks I Think We Can Win The National Title This Coming Year

Started by BigDeal, July 10, 2007, 02:55:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugscuffle

Rarely do I post, but this is the best thread I have read in months...lol.  I can hit the sack with a giggle tonight......thanx ;D

slopinhogs

the 2 percenters ruined Truman's presidency, because there were always those who didn't get the word. evidently there is a leftover gene at work here. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Frank and Swine

Priceless. Gives meaning to the "read more, post less" advice that is handed out often on this board.

HoopHog

Quote from: slopinhogs on July 10, 2007, 09:57:32 pm
the 2 percenters ruined Truman's presidency, because there were always those who didn't get the word. evidently there is a leftover gene at work here. :razorback:

Oh man...priceless!!!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

This is so funny.  Thanks for the laugh BigDeal.  The best part is they keep trickling in, like mosquitoes to a bug zapper. :D

condohog

Is this like the old cliche' were the teacher hands out the test and says read all the instructions first and only one or two actually do and at the end of the instructions it says to put down the test?  Wow! So much blind hate. It really shows where people need to post less and read more.

Mr. Prozac

stronguard

Truly a masterpiece BigD.  +1 to you.

The only thing that would have made it better for me is if you would have commented on how much running the team would be doing this year.  You might have caused a few folks around here to have an aneurysm.

In all seriousness though, the other teams (especially in the SEC) are catching up to us fast.  The gap isn't as wide as it once was. 
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

King-Tusk

BigDeal, easily your best post ever!  I'm not entirely convinced that you're not Phil Hendry(sp?) with this one. 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

RedSatinHog

July 10, 2007, 11:40:58 pm #109 Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:43:40 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
Yeah, you got me. ;D

Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

WBChogfan

I'm laughing hysterically at this thread.  I'm a firm darksider, but BigDeal has made my day with this thread!

Hook....line.....sinker.

If there's any thread that makes the old annoying retort "read more, post less" come to mind, this is it!  ;D

bd93

This is a classic.  I almost felt sorry for you when I first opened the thread because I thought that you where talking about Nutt and that you had offically lost it and gone insane.  But thankfully I read the whole post.

+1 to you BigDeal!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: BigDeal on July 10, 2007, 02:55:54 pm
No doubt many will not believe it. But I do. I believe in the Coach. He is a fighter and a winner. He knows what it takes to build a championship team. He may have slipped a little bit with us this past year, but I believe his will and determination will prevail. His ability to recruit is the best in all the NCAA, IMHO .

We are lucky to have him as a coach. As a legend in his own right.

Let's Not give up on those hogs. Let's regain what we had.

For a sec there, I thought you were on it.

BigDeal

Quote from: stronguard on July 10, 2007, 11:35:30 pm

The only thing that would have made it better for me is if you would have commented on how much running the team would be doing this year.  You might have caused a few folks around here to have an aneurysm.

In all seriousness though, the other teams (especially in the SEC) are catching up to us fast.  The gap isn't as wide as it once was. 

Good point. I should have mentioned how great running wins national championships. Then top it off with noting our coach likewise recruits and helps develops great throwers as well. 

Bvilleboar

Quote from: BigDeal on July 10, 2007, 03:11:13 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on July 10, 2007, 03:04:58 pm
How does he know what it takes to win a championship? where is his first hand experience with winning championships on any level?

. Like the man or not, you have to give him credit for his ability to coach and build winning teams. Look up "Winner & Fighter" at Webster's online. You will see his picture. I would not just place him at the top of coaches in his chosen area, but possibly the best coach in the history of the NCAA of any sport.

What are you smoking????  Can I have some?
2012 the year of the HOGS

wholehog92

I read this when it first popped up and giggled because I could see the trainwreck coming.  I thought the joke was over on page 2 so posted up with tears of laughter on my face.  Here it is on page 3 still collecting victims.  This is great.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

usnavyhogfan

the only think nutt won was the fastest texter of the year award and as far as being a fighter goes..well the only thing he has fought is the fans and a few key people who wanted to be razorbacks.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

jackel1h

+1 for ya Big Deal. This opens up a whole new category for "Heres Your Sign."
If your not the lead dog........The view never changes.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

DEVICEHIGH

Just proves you should never get offended when somebody replys to your post.

Because they probably didn't read it!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

The Marmot

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on July 11, 2007, 08:30:04 am
Just proves you should never get offended when somebody replys to your post.

Because they probably didn't read it!

I read it... just thought he was mentioning JM as a true legend in the same post as supposedly canonizing Nutt, which is usually his m.o. Little did I know...

BD got a +1 from me...
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

parrishw

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on July 11, 2007, 08:28:38 am
and the winner is ....

BigDeal!

+1       I mean that. I have been amazed at the replys to this post.
When I read it at first I was incredulous. then when I got to the sentence about our track and filed Icon I started laughing and sat back to watch the fireworks.

BigDeal you have won the trophy if there is one. I am in awe of your ability to entertain.

NMMIHog

The original post was really funny once I realized who he was tlaking about. For a minute I was about to recommend a good shrink!

ifghog

You people kill me. Man I am not sure it is even worth writing a post. Obviously no one reads it Awesome post!!!!

CusefaninAR

Quote from: BigDeal on July 10, 2007, 03:11:13 pm
Like the man or not, you have to give him credit for his ability to coach and build winning teams. Look up "Winner & Fighter" at Webster's online. You will see his picture. I would not just place him at the top of coaches in his chosen area, but possibly the best coach in the history of the NCAA of any sport.

I agree.  My short list is:

1. Nutt
2. Wooden
3. McDonnell
4. Rockne
5. K

biggiepiggie

Nutt is a so much better coach than John McDonnell that
there is no comparison.

King-Tusk

Quote from: BigDeal on July 11, 2007, 04:33:15 am
Quote from: stronguard on July 10, 2007, 11:35:30 pm

Good point. I should have mentioned how great running wins national championships. Then top it off with noting our coach likewise recruits and helps develops great throwers as well. 

Keep it up BigDeal, you just keep realing them in.  I never thought that as a darksider I would do this, but...

+1 to you for this thread. 
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

HR Piganstuff

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 10, 2007, 06:46:15 pm
this is a football board

There is no substitution for reading - comprehension skills. 3 pages in mind you.....
Read posts completely. HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!
AND he even posted the quote and did not even notice JM's name..... JEEZZZZ

One of the top 5 posts of all time if you ask me.... Shows how "Nutty" people are...

LMAO

HR Piganstuff

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on July 11, 2007, 07:59:41 am
the only think nutt won was the fastest texter of the year award and as far as being a fighter goes..well the only thing he has fought is the fans and a few key people who wanted to be razorbacks.

Your Navy right????   

HoopHog

Quote from: Lrgrbt on July 11, 2007, 11:18:35 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 10, 2007, 06:46:15 pm
this is a football board

There is no substitution for reading - comprehension skills. 3 pages in mind you.....
Read posts completely. HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!
AND he even posted the quote and did not even notice JM's name..... JEEZZZZ

One of the top 5 posts of all time if you ask me.... Shows how "Nutty" people are...

LMAO

This IS NOT a football board.  It is a Razorback sport's discussion board.

As for the forum for which this thread was placed:

Monday Morning Quarterback
For all your Razorback sports discussion.

Monday Morning Quarterback...as in, arm chair quarterback...as in...sports fan sitting in the easy chair with a beer in one hand and a channel changer in the other.  Since I have been on this board back in early 2003, this forum has had it all...baseball, basketball, NFL, NASCAR, Sports Illustrated swim models, high school sports, etc...

Again...a little reading comprehension goes a long way! :D

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

HoopHog

Quote from: sako1 on July 11, 2007, 02:27:19 pm
Good Post Houston

DO us a favor and read the initial post again.  This time...very slowly.  In fact, take notes if you need to do so.  When you are done, then post again!  :D

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: sako1 on July 11, 2007, 02:27:19 pm
Good Post Houston

+1 for making me look good.  I knew I felt a strange disturbance in the thread. 

Welcome to Hogville, your homework is to thoroughly read the initial post in this thread.

Dugann

your jokeing right bigdeal?   If not can I plz have some of what you are drinking....plz!!!!
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

BigDeal

Quote from: Dugann on July 11, 2007, 02:54:46 pm
your jokeing right bigdeal?   If not can I plz have some of what you are drinking....plz!!!!

HoopHog

Quote from: BigDeal on July 11, 2007, 02:57:55 pm
your jokeing right bigdeal?   If not can I plz have some of what you are drinking....plz!!!!

YOU SUCK, PLOWBOY!!!

on top of that, TEAL is your color.

Dugann

John McDonald is just the man and every year has us in the hunt too bad he is not our next AD!  I still want what your drinking this is a great post, clever.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: BigDeal on July 11, 2007, 02:57:55 pm
your jokeing right bigdeal?   If not can I plz have some of what you are drinking....plz!!!!

It's like a fishing show highlight reel....no bait required, just throw a bucket out and let the fish jump in.

HR Piganstuff

Quote from: Dugann on July 11, 2007, 03:10:01 pm
John McDonald is just the man and every year has us in the hunt too bad he is not our next AD!  I still want what your drinking this is a great post, clever.

Nice "Attempted" cover and come back....  BD nailed you on the 4th page no less....

Read more -  Post Less....

The beat goes on.

Dugann

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Dugann on July 11, 2007, 08:49:33 pm
ok ok he did get me :p
Me too so I must give up the Karma.Its not real hard to get me though as I am a kinder/ gentler/ more sensitive H-n-R.

lilredheadedlady

No doubt many will not believe it. But I do. I believe in the Coach. He is a fighter and a winner. He knows what it takes to build a championship team. He may have slipped a little bit with us this past year, but I believe his will and determination will prevail. His ability to recruit is the best in all the NCAA, IMHO .

Go Hogs !

John Mcdonnell you are legend. Here's to winning the indoor & outdoor national championship this coming year !

Very funny in an, "I could almost cry about it!" sort of way.  :(

But, John McDonnell doesn't get mentioned enough.  We're very very very very fortunate to have him coaching in Fayetteville.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

hillhog

Go Hogs !

John Mcdonnell you are legend. Here's to winning the indoor & outdoor national championship this coming year !

Surely you are not talking football!!!

eclipse

Quote from: hillhog on July 15, 2007, 08:30:06 pm

Go Hogs !

Surely you are not talking football!!!

LOL, this thread has given me a lot of laughs in the last week.  See if more come in.

AR_dustoff

I like thread like this...its fun to watch all the replies!

Boardon Hamsay