Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida RB Thomas Shuler talks about the Hogs and commitment

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 10, 2007, 12:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pignparadise

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on July 11, 2007, 12:51:46 am
Quote from: pignparadise on July 10, 2007, 08:57:40 pm
Dr. Phillips High has 13 players with Division I offers. My son transfered from Winter Park (another 6A high school in Orlando) to Har-Ber this off season. He has always said Dr Phillips has the most talent in the Orlando area. Interesting though he says kids take football more seriously at Har Ber than in Orlando and he also says the coaching is better here.

What was his name and position for WP? Interesting he says that the coaching is better in Arkansas, but Winter Park had one of the best coaches of all time in Central Florida and he just recently retired this year. He was the the all time winningest coach in Central Florida, so it's hard to believe he has a better coach elsewhere...
He wasn't trying to take anything away from Larry Gergley. Gergley is a legend. My son liked him.  The quote referred to the overall staff and attention to detail.
That being said I hope you not looking thru some kind of elitist glasses to infer
that the coaching can't be better in NW Arkansas than in Central Florida. Gergley's
staff takes over this year without him. Let's see how they do.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

notreseveredname

He is still going to take visits to OSU and others.  Can you really say he is committed if he is taking official visits.  I don't buy take visits just to site see line.

HogNuttz

I'm not too worried about a Florida guy visiting OSU in winter.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Beaverfever

I'm sorry but I just don't see this kid ever starting at tailback at arkansas.  But a really good FB would be good too..

10thPlanet

cigarillos

Quote from: GalaHawg on July 10, 2007, 12:48:05 pm
He looks to be a better runner than Hillis - but seems to have good hands as well.  He'd be great to have for short yardage and goal-line situations. A very nice compliment to De'Anthony Curtis - Thunder and Lightning? Curtis and Shuler would be like Reggie Bush and LenDale Davis - may not be as good but have similar characteristics.

it's lendale white

GalaHawg

Quote from: cigarillos on July 11, 2007, 04:42:52 pm
Quote from: GalaHawg on July 10, 2007, 12:48:05 pm
He looks to be a better runner than Hillis - but seems to have good hands as well.  He'd be great to have for short yardage and goal-line situations. A very nice compliment to De'Anthony Curtis - Thunder and Lightning? Curtis and Shuler would be like Reggie Bush and LenDale Davis - may not be as good but have similar characteristics.

it's lendale white

Thanks...  it's edited now...

Landonhog

Quote from: Beaverfever on July 11, 2007, 02:23:22 pm
I'm sorry but I just don't see this kid ever starting at tailback at arkansas.  But a really good FB would be good too..

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/195394/

From the article:
Pettis said Shuler is a solid blocker and receiver and doesn't have a problem sharing carries with Peeples. Shuler said Arkansas assistant Alex Wood told him he could play a role like current Razorbacks fullback Peyton Hillis.

"They said I could come in and play right away," Shuler said.

I don't think there's any mystery about where this guy will play...  I'm extremely happy we have his commitment.  Hillis won't be here forever...   :razorback:

jpenrod1

Quote from: Landonhog on July 11, 2007, 05:03:33 pm
Quote from: Beaverfever on July 11, 2007, 02:23:22 pm

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/195394/

From the article:
Pettis said Shuler is a solid blocker and receiver and doesn't have a problem sharing carries with Peeples. Shuler said Arkansas assistant Alex Wood told him he could play a role like current Razorbacks fullback Peyton Hillis.

"They said I could come in and play right away," Shuler said.

I don't think there's any mystery about where this guy will play...  I'm extremely happy we have his commitment.  Hillis won't be here forever...   :razorback:

I am glad to know that we will have a couple of quality guys to replace hillis. In the past when Hillis has gone down we have seen a big difference in play, i think now between DJ Williams and Shuler we will always have a quality FB with speed and good hands.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on July 10, 2007, 01:43:31 pm

He's a hog through and through!

He looks like Chris Tucker in the movie Friday.

Whassup Smokey!

Good speed, good hands, he should fit in nicely.

Did anyone notice the two linemen that are blocking for him, 77 and 75?
Those guys are steamrollers. The little QB isn't bad either, he makes a couple of plays down field blocking.

COCHISE

Here's the RB that Thomas shares carries with, check out the forty time, talk about high schools version of "Thunder and Lightning".

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=54189

Zen_Hog

Quote from: 870 RZR on July 12, 2007, 04:32:51 pm
Here's the RB that Thomas shares carries with, check out the forty time, talk about high schools version of "Thunder and Lightning".

Theres a third RB with a D1 offer also, and another one that transferred cause of PT.

And Embry Peoples is just a man. Ran against him in a track meet. WOW!!

COCHISE

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on July 12, 2007, 05:18:43 pm
Quote from: 870 RZR on July 12, 2007, 04:32:51 pm

Theres a third RB with a D1 offer also, and another one that transferred cause of PT.

And Embry Peoples is just a man. Ran against him in a track meet. WOW!!
From your response, I take it you didn't win the race....LOL

jbhicks

Here is an article from Whole Hog Sports about Shuler. I didn't see this posted anywhere, and if it is I apologize.

http://wholehogsports.com/adg/195394/

Bomis Hawg

I love the Thunder/Lighning combo of Curtis and Shuler.  Look out SEC!

doublep

Hawgballz

Quote from: doublep on August 12, 2007, 04:18:59 pm
Rivals has bumped Shuler up to a 3 star.

He was bumped from a 5.2 rating to a 5.5 rating and is now the 5th highest rated FB in the country.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

darealdeal

yep, 4.7 isn't that fast, but his film looks pretty good.

cbjagman

From the short bit I saw on the film clips it's still difficult for me to believe this guy is only a 2*. I realize his position, fullback, might have something to do with a somewhat lower rathing; however, it's inconceivable to me that there are backs that have better star rankings than this guy! Sorry, I just don't buy into that. Unless he really has a terrrible senior season I've got to believe his ratings move to at least a 3*.

doublep

Quote from: cbjagman on August 13, 2007, 01:47:49 pm
From the short bit I saw on the film clips it's still difficult for me to believe this guy is only a 2*. I realize his position, fullback, might have something to do with a somehwhat lower rathing; however, it's inconceivable to me that there are backs that have better star rankings than this guy! Sorry, I just don't buy into that. Unless he really has a terrrible senior season I've got to believe his ratings move to at least a 3*.

He is a 3* now.

Cartoon Man

cbjagman

Quote from: doublep on August 13, 2007, 01:51:33 pm
Quote from: cbjagman on August 13, 2007, 01:47:49 pm
From the short bit I saw on the film clips it's still difficult for me to believe this guy is only a 2*. I realize his position, fullback, might have something to do with a somehwhat lower rathing; however, it's inconceivable to me that there are backs that have better star rankings than this guy! Sorry, I just don't buy into that. Unless he really has a terrrible senior season I've got to believe his ratings move to at least a 3*.

He is a 3* now.
Thanks. I hadn't realized that fact at the time of my post.

bcshog

Oh there will be much pain (saw) lol.  Can't wait to see this guy plow through defenders.  I just hope he takes care of his knees because due to his size, it appeared that everyone tried to tackle him low.