Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohhhhhh What LSU Fans Are Saying...................

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, June 28, 2007, 10:11:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie72921

How many of the folks questioned had a full set of teeth?
Bless your heart

HawgWyld

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 28, 2007, 02:31:57 pm
You know, as long as Chuck Barrett is the Voice of the Razorbacks, I'd say that implying fans of other schools are hicks, rednecks, inbreds or etc. is out of bounds. Any class our once-proud football program retained died in a car crash with Paul Eells.

jamie72921

Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 02:34:55 pm
You know, as long as Chuck Barrett is the Voice of the Razorbacks, I'd say that implying fans of other schools are hicks, rednecks, inbreds or etc. is out of bounds. Any class our once-proud football program retained died in a car crash with Paul Eells.

You make a very good point sir.
Bless your heart

biggiepiggie

The last time Arkansas beat Georgia was in the Jan 1 1976 Cotton Bowl
and the team was coached by Frank Broyles.  31-10 as I remember.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: biggiepiggie on June 28, 2007, 02:36:33 pm
The last time Arkansas beat Georgia was in the Jan 1 1976 Cotton Bowl
and the team was coached by Frank Broyles.  31-10 as I remember.

Wrong. 1993.  Sandwiched between losses to Memphis and Tennessee.  Coached by Danny Ford.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Corganist

So let me get this straight: fans of a top 5 team last year thinking they can beat us means that we're middle of the road and mediocre? Come on people, the pessimism gets a little ridiculous at times. If Ole Miss fans were realistically talking about beating us, then yeah, that might be cause for concern. But LSU? They're a top team. They expect to beat everybody. But I guarantee you after the game we gave them last year, they know they aren't getting by us easily.

HawgWyld

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 28, 2007, 02:36:22 pm

Thanks! I've just been scratching my head and trying to figure out the Chuck "Walking Stereotype" Barrett hire for the past few days. It just makes no sense...

wholehog92

Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 03:07:07 pm

Thanks! I've just been scratching my head and trying to figure out the Chuck "Walking Stereotype" Barrett hire for the past few days. It just makes no sense...

If you start understanding the decisions of the BAC with the current regime in charge, be worried.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

LZH

Quote from: Corganist on June 28, 2007, 03:06:41 pm
So let me get this straight: fans of a top 5 team last year thinking they can beat us means that we're middle of the road and mediocre? Come on people, the pessimism gets a little ridiculous at times. If Ole Miss fans were realistically talking about beating us, then yeah, that might be cause for concern. But LSU? They're a top team. They expect to beat everybody. But I guarantee you after the game we gave them last year, they know they aren't getting by us easily.

LSU by two TD's.

CusefaninAR

Quote from: Corganist on June 28, 2007, 03:06:41 pm
But I guarantee you after the game we gave them last year, they know they aren't getting by us easily.

Considering the average margin of victory over the Hogs is 17 points at Baton Rouge since the Hogs last won in '93, I'd say they know they will get by DMW pretty easily...

sharks89

Quote from: PBD on June 28, 2007, 10:23:46 am
Quote7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it)
I bet Miles can't text as well as the dale can.

But I'll bet his wife (and girlfriends) are hotter!
Go Hogs!

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: cbjagman on June 28, 2007, 12:49:24 pm
Quote from: hawgacyde on June 28, 2007, 12:04:12 pm
SEC Championship will be AR vs. GA. Hogs win.
Had trouble concentrating on your comment because I was laughing so hard. Certainly not at the thought of the Bulldogs planning for the SECC but the Hogs not only being in the championship game, but actually finally winning it!!!Dream on.
It could happen.  We Razorback fans need to start thinking that we can actually win one.  Even with(it hurts to say this) Nutt. 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

THHAWG

June 28, 2007, 04:01:49 pm #63 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 04:04:10 pm by THHAWG
LSU fans have it right.  High expectations.  LSU has had back to back 11-1 seasons.  The national media is predicting LSU will be a contender this year as well, not just their fans. 

Arkansas is crowing about 10-4 and a 15th place finish as one of our best seasons in history.

Hogs-n-Roses

We are like Miss State/Vandy to them. They are more afraid Ky. than us.

arkbengal

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 28, 2007, 04:04:31 pm

Not so. And some of us are paying close attention to what is going on up here.

Re the season, LSU should be very good again, but there are questions at QB and WR mainly. Somewhat in the OL as well. First couple of games vs Moo State and Va Tech should tell us a lot about how good the offense may be, and breaking in 3 new offensive coaches, including coordinator, could be a problem early in the season. Defense should be solid and may have to carry us the first few games. My advice, play the under in the LSU-Va Tech matchup.

As far as MNC hopes, they may have a shot along with about 10-12 other teams. A lot will depend on injuries and a few breaks one way or the other. But, have to get through the SEC first - always a challenge, including the Razorbacks most years.

The Marmot

Quote from: wholehog92 on June 28, 2007, 03:24:57 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 03:07:07 pm

If you start understanding the decisions of the BAC with the current regime in charge, be worried.

Or at least explain them to the rest of us.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

hiphiphoorayhog

When I start caring what people from LSU think of the hogs ---- SHOOT ME!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: arkbengal on June 28, 2007, 04:13:00 pm

Re the season, LSU should be very good again, but there are questions at QB and WR mainly. Somewhat in the OL as well. First couple of games vs Moo State and Va Tech should tell us a lot about how good the offense may be, and breaking in 3 new offensive coaches, including coordinator, could be a problem early in the season. Defense should be solid and may have to carry us the first few games. My advice, play the under in the LSU-Va Tech matchup.

As far as MNC hopes, they may have a shot along with about 10-12 other teams. A lot will depend on injuries and a few breaks one way or the other. But, have to get through the SEC first - always a challenge, including the Razorbacks most years.

The SEC is always tough, no doubt about that. The game I want to see, is Oct 6, when Florida and LSU meet in the regular season. Bayou Bengal fans that I spoke with knew that this was going to be a big game and they felt that though one would beat the other, they would still meet each other for the SEC Championship.

That would be a heck of a scenario wouldn't it? Classic SEC too. What if Florida beats LSU in October, then they do meet for the championship and LSU would beat Florida? Once again, the SEC gets screwed to an extent because you would have 2 of the top teams int he country with 1 loss each. Then you might have a USC sitting out there undefeated and maybe a West Virginia as well. Then what? Then you probably have West Virginia and USC for the BCS championship and USC rolls them like a drunk on Bourbon Street.

The difficulty of the SEC can just screw the best teams at times, out of an opportunity to compete at the highest levels in post season play(Auburn, LSU a few years back as an example). Where's strngth of schedule when you need it?
Go Hogs Go!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: arkbengal on June 28, 2007, 04:13:00 pm

IO only wish we had your WR woe's. Tolliver is a 5 star recruit that will step up quickly I predict. There will be talk of RS but he will be like K. Williams last year. The difference this year will be where the run sets up the pass a little more than usual. Your OL recruiting has been excellent with last years subs getting noticeable pt. The only thing that I forsee as a problem is if the new coordinator and staff try to stray too far from what is the best passing scheme in the country. The run game will be there and to stop it ,your play action will have young wide receivers running wide open down field. You'll get no sympathy here as YOU ARE LOADED on both sides of the ball. You won't lose if the opponents can't score. This years LSU D is going to remind Hog fans of the old Texas teams where they had all the pressure necessary with a straight 4 man rush, leaving 7 to handle the scraps. Please send Miles a note telling him he needs radical change in the offense and to change as much as possible. The only ? I see is replacing Landry and a corner but Ahhh once again you have a line of good recruits licking their chops to get their chance. You have great history at that spot as we used to. The friends I have down there don't fear much except maybe some kind of mental slip up in Lexington where you might underestimate a good Ky. team.

UhOhioHog

Quote from: LSUFan on June 28, 2007, 10:47:49 am
Quote from: TexasHogfan on June 28, 2007, 10:37:53 am
Summer just started and Spring is "Crawfish Season".

That stuff makes you crazy!  Along with all the beer!
Those two things create an attention span that doesn't reach past state lines without the name Saban coming up!

I killed a gopher with a stick once

Huh

Oh, wrong thread.

My point exactly.  Need I say more?

Wooisme

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2007, 02:29:47 pm
Quote from: Wooisme on June 28, 2007, 12:53:48 pm
LOL...

Players come and players transfer at every school.  Yep.
Coaches hired and coaches take a different job at a different school every year. Yep.

How about...Coach's insider buddies sending vile e-mails to members of the team inviting them to leave, copying assistant coaches,  members of the coaches families, and others???

Does that happen everywhere, every year?  Please, do tell. Give us some examples. 

Add to the mix that the 'player' on the receiving end of the e-mails was the most highly decorated recruit in the nation and the most highly decorated home state recruit in modern history. 

Now, again, tell us how common that is and give us some examples....

Enlighten us.  Tell us about the great character and integrity of Mr. Nutt and his minions.

You HDNers will "BUY" anything that defends your thug of a coach.  Amazing.

Woo..........are you sure you are posting on the right thread? I'm trying to make sense of what you are saying in terms of relevance to the thread and I am sorry, but I am lost as to what your post is supposed to be speaking to? We all know very well what has transpired, but the only part of my post that had anything to do with MM, DW or Gus was that the LSU fans weren't knowledgable of the situation. Am I missing your point? I'll be glad to respond if I understand your line of thinking, or did you not really read all of the thread?

Sorry, Muskogee...

Not "after" you at all.  I've just been reading HDNers spew about how "this" happens all over and we who are upset should just "get over it".

My point is that "THIS" does NOT happen all over.  I have not been able to find a single instance at a BCS school even CLOSE to what has transpired over the past eighteen months under Mr. Nutt's watch. 

Mr. Nutt and the HDNers may want to pass this off as "business as usual"...player's transfer and coaches quit but IT IS NOT.  IF a decent sports journalist EVER gets the real story confirmed on Mr. Nutt, he'll likely be run out of the state on the first rusty rail available.   It won't happen soon enough for me.
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

Hogrenderings

LOL...

Coaches hired and coaches take a different job at a different school every year. Yep.

How about...Coach's insider buddies sending vile e-mails to members of the team inviting them to leave, copying assistant coaches,  members of the coaches families, and others???

Does that happen everywhere, every year?  Please, do tell. Give us some examples. 

Add to the mix that the 'player' on the receiving end of the e-mails was the most highly decorated recruit in the nation and the most highly decorated home state recruit in modern history. 

Enlighten us.  Tell us about the great character and integrity of Mr. Nutt and his minions.

Alabama in trouble with NCAA?  Never....

US$ "Paid" players.................Surely not.....

LSU.........Coach is derelect in truth-telling..........Couldn't be.....

and on and on.  And this is football - ya need to chill, or you'll be having a heart attack........

deucea729

Quote from: opineonswine on June 28, 2007, 01:12:46 pm
LOL...

As an unbiased friend of mine in NYC said about the above....you just can't make that stuff up.  Unreal...only at ARkansas would it be tolerated.

Funny you should mention that, opine.  I had lunch with a co-worker from Long Island this week, and he brought up the whole soap opera going on down here - and could not believe that Houston Nutt (or Broyles, for that matter) was still on the U of A payroll after their shenanigans this offseason.  All I could do was shrug my shoulders and shake my head.

deucea729

Quote from: Hogrenderings on June 28, 2007, 08:18:24 pm
LOL...

and on and on.  And this is football - ya need to chill, or you'll be having a heart attack........

You just named three schools that each have a fanbase that I would trade places with right now.  And I am in no way, shape, or form a fan of any of those teams.

Wooisme

AND still, lol, NO examples of Insider Thug BUDDIES of a Head Coach threatening and inviting players to LEAVE.

Hmmmmmm......just "football", huh?
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 28, 2007, 11:13:52 am
Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 11:06:27 am
Quote from: RedRiverHog on June 28, 2007, 10:58:23 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2007, 10:11:23 am
I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

I had someone else tell me they were talking to some people from Allen, Texas last week. They came away from the conversation with the same thought.

It seems all the talk about us making a mockery of Arkansas in the eyes of people nationally may not be so true after all.....
Heh. You think? The Arkansas isn't of the teams people outside of Arkansas worry about, care about or anything else when it comes to football. He Hogs haven't done a damn thing since joining the SEC in football, so that's no shock.

I wouldn't say noone cares about Arkansas football or worries about us.  I think the general opinion in the league is that when you play Arkansas it will be a tough and physical game.  Noone considers us a powerhouse, but noone thinks we're a pushover either.  

True.
But lets include eveybody. Not just Troy and North Texas.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

MuskogeeHogFan

Who would you say is our rival? That would be someone who would care about Arkansas football and what is going on with the program. Who is that?
Go Hogs Go!

Hogrenderings

Quote from: deucea729 on June 28, 2007, 08:25:20 pm
Quote from: Hogrenderings on June 28, 2007, 08:18:24 pm
LOL...

You just named three schools that each have a fanbase that I would trade places with right now.  And I am in no way, shape, or form a fan of any of those teams.

As if they haven't had their share of problems?  They certainly have.  It's just that most of their fanbase is not ready to annihilate the coach and program by their constant criticism.  Even when Alabama (rightfully) fired their coach last year, the fanbase didn't make a$$e$ of themselves by taking out ads in the paper/requesting his phone records/bringing lawsuits, etc.
and as for U$C; there have been so many "dubious" moves there that if it were another school, the NCAA would be camped out on campus; and Nick Sabin is not a prize for his repeated lying.

Quote from: Wooisme on June 28, 2007, 08:32:07 pm
AND still, lol, NO examples of Insider Thug BUDDIES of a Head Coach threatening and inviting players to LEAVE.

Hmmmmmm......just "football", huh?

Yes, it's "just" football.  I love the Hogs, but never, ever, ever, will want to see anyone's personal life brought up in public; have their family's personal business speculated over, and defame someone over a sport.  It is a sport; not life or death. 

Ouachihog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2007, 09:34:03 pm
Who would you say is our rival? That would be someone who would care about Arkansas football and what is going on with the program. Who is that?

Nobody in the SEC.  That is why we are hearing more big 12 talk lately. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

RedSatinHog

June 28, 2007, 10:47:43 pm #80 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:50:23 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
Quote from: JaxnHog on June 28, 2007, 11:02:20 am
WHAT?!!  LSU fans thinking they are going to be in the national championship game?  I never would have seen that coming(sarcasm)
We had a very good chance to beat them last year in the rock, and I think without russel, their offense wont be quite as potent.  A lot of you guys are underestimating this team; we have a chance to beat LSU

You prolly oughta stay up all night the evening before the LSU game.  That will enable you to sleep thru what will otherwise be a long, aggravating afternoon of watching LSU post up #6 in a row versus the Hogs in Baton Rouge.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

imhogwild2

Quote from: PBD on June 28, 2007, 10:23:46 am
Quote7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it)
I bet Miles can't text as well as the dale can.
i wish there was a sec championship for texting then maby nutt might be good at something!!!
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Ouachihog on June 28, 2007, 10:40:08 pm

The Big 12 might be a great place to be.
Go Hogs Go!

TheNuttlessFrontier

Just back from a trip to New Orleans and had an occasion at several places to visit with LSU fans about the upcoming football season. There were some interesting conversations and here is some of what was said.
1) LSU is going to win the SEC Championship this year and be in the National Championship game.
2) Matt Flynn is a great QB and people outside the state just don't realize how good he is.
3) Perrilloux is looked upon with disdain and generally thought of as the proverbial kid with "a million dollar arm and a five cent head".
4) They believe their offense will be as good as their defense, though their defense will lead the way, particularly early in the season.
5) They believe that it will be them and Florida in the SEC Championship and that game could be for the National Championship as well.
6) They believe that D-Mac and Felix Jones are probably the best two RB's(together in the same backfield) in the country, but that their defense will tame the Hogs offense and that Flynn will pass our secondary crazy.
7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it) and they seemed to not know very much of anything about what had occured with Mustain, DW and Gus except that they left and they viewed MM as a traitor and a spoiled brat.

All I am telling you here is what THEY(all the people I talked to at my hotel, in bars, at the airport, etc) said and what THEY thought. I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

Comments?

Do they realize they have an idiot coach standing between them and a NC?

HatfieldHog

Quote from: HoopHog on June 28, 2007, 10:13:30 am
They don't care.  We aren't a real threat to their success.

Ouch, that just hurts HoopHog.   It's hurts, but it's true.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Coondog Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 29, 2007, 09:48:34 am

I like us being in the SEC, and I hope we don't leave ever, but you know there has been many days Nutt has wished we were in the Big 12 North.  i think we would have allot better record over the last 9 years. We have allot more knots on our heads and more battle scars, but thats what comes along with playing the big boys.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on June 29, 2007, 09:53:14 am
Just back from a trip to New Orleans and had an occasion at several places to visit with LSU fans about the upcoming football season. There were some interesting conversations and here is some of what was said.
1) LSU is going to win the SEC Championship this year and be in the National Championship game.
2) Matt Flynn is a great QB and people outside the state just don't realize how good he is.
3) Perrilloux is looked upon with disdain and generally thought of as the proverbial kid with "a million dollar arm and a five cent head".
4) They believe their offense will be as good as their defense, though their defense will lead the way, particularly early in the season.
5) They believe that it will be them and Florida in the SEC Championship and that game could be for the National Championship as well.
6) They believe that D-Mac and Felix Jones are probably the best two RB's(together in the same backfield) in the country, but that their defense will tame the Hogs offense and that Flynn will pass our secondary crazy.
7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it) and they seemed to not know very much of anything about what had occured with Mustain, DW and Gus except that they left and they viewed MM as a traitor and a spoiled brat.

All I am telling you here is what THEY(all the people I talked to at my hotel, in bars, at the airport, etc) said and what THEY thought. I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

Comments?

Do they realize they have an idiot coach standing between them and a NC?

I gave one of them a dose of reality when I told them that they would lose their "great coach" the instant that the Michigan job became available. Miles had a clause in his OSU contract that he would be unconditionally released if the Michigan job came open and I am pretty sure he had the same put into his LSU contract.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 29, 2007, 09:58:58 am

I like us being in the SEC, and I hope we don't leave ever, but you know there has been many days Nutt has wished we were in the Big 12 North.  i think we would have allot better record over the last 9 years. We have allot more knots on our heads and more battle scars, but thats what comes along with playing the big boys.

We don't need to be in the friggin Big 12 North, we are too proud for that....we need to be in the Big 12 South where we could take our annual ass whuppins and feel right at home. (this is what is known as sarcasm folks) WE NEED TO BE IN THE BIG 12 SOUTH. IMO
Go Hogs Go!

jpenrod1

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 29, 2007, 10:18:55 pm

We don't need to be in the friggin Big 12 North, we are too proud for that....we need to be in the Big 12 South where we could take our annual ass whuppins and feel right at home. (this is what is known as sarcasm folks) WE NEED TO BE IN THE BIG 12 SOUTH. IMO

i Guess we could switch confrences and walk into a BCS game every year. we could switch and be 12-0, at worst 11-1 every year. or we could stay in the SEC and have to earn it. i would take 8 wins here over 11 there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jpenrod1 on June 29, 2007, 10:51:35 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 29, 2007, 10:18:55 pm

i Guess we could switch confrences and walk into a BCS game every year. we could switch and be 12-0, at worst 11-1 every year. or we could stay in the SEC and have to earn it. i would take 8 wins here over 11 there.

Well, first of all, if you think Arkansas would go into the Big 12 South and go 12-0 or 11-1 every year, you are sadly mistaken. It may not be the "doormat" conference that you think it is. But, we would certainly stand a better chance than we would in the SEC. It makes no sense to me to be in a conference where we take pride in getting our butts whipped most years and our record and lack of regional applicability has a negative effect on recruiting and our national perception. And if you would take 8 wins in the SEC over 11 in any other conference, then I would suggest that this is not putting what is best overall, for the university, at the forefront of our thinking.
Go Hogs Go!

latech_pilot

Comments?

That sounds like every LSU fan, pretty much every year. They're always saying "WE are the best and we are gonna win the SEC and NC".

And I remember last year that LSU and the media said LSU had the best defense in the country. But I rememeber a certain D-MAC make that D his own personal bit@#.

GO HOGS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

floridahawgfanforever

I've been living in Florida since 1984, and I can tell you that practicaly no one here knows anything about the situation at Arkansas, nor do they care. They are very impressed that Arkansas has played the Florida Gators for the basketball and football championships of the SEC, and assume by that fact that Arkansas' sports programs are in good hands. While Hog fans rant and rave about Nutt, Mustain, etc., outside the state life goes on with no such concerns. It is assumed by fans here that McFaDDEN WILL WIN THE HEISMAN AND THE HOGS WILL WIN THE WEST AGAIN.

Little E

Comments?

Interesting.  When I was in Florida in May it was a similar situation.  We went to a sports bar to watch the JT fight and started discussing football.  Out of the dozen or so folks we chatted with only two of them were familiar with the drama in Arkansas and basically all they knew was that a few players had left.  They knew nothing of the FOI, textgate, lawsuits, etc.  Also, and most importantly...none of them cared.

bigbrutha

Sounds like They are mostly right on except for the taming of our offense.  How many did we score against them last year? 

chiefsfan

LSU fans have a history of average coaches that can lead them to success though.  Look at John Brady, Les Miles and whoever coaches their baseball team

And heck, no one really knows if Nick Saban will amount to anything now that he isnt coaching in Baton Rouge
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: bigbrutha on June 30, 2007, 10:51:14 pm
Sounds like They are mostly right on except for the taming of our offense.  How many did we score against them last year? 

4 points too few
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: latech_pilot on June 30, 2007, 05:39:46 pm

Comments?

That sounds like every LSU fan, pretty much every year. They're always saying "WE are the best and we are gonna win the SEC and NC".

And I remember last year that LSU and the media said LSU had the best defense in the country. But I rememeber a certain D-MAC make that D his own personal bit@#.

GO HOGS! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Well maybe before we get too cocky, we should look at what our record against them in Baton Rouge has been?
Go Hogs Go!

LJHOG

Quote from: hawgacyde on June 28, 2007, 12:04:12 pm
SEC Championship will be AR vs. GA. Hogs win.
Sounds good to me.  Let's go with it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!