Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohhhhhh What LSU Fans Are Saying...................

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, June 28, 2007, 10:11:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Just back from a trip to New Orleans and had an occasion at several places to visit with LSU fans about the upcoming football season. There were some interesting conversations and here is some of what was said.
1) LSU is going to win the SEC Championship this year and be in the National Championship game.
2) Matt Flynn is a great QB and people outside the state just don't realize how good he is.
3) Perrilloux is looked upon with disdain and generally thought of as the proverbial kid with "a million dollar arm and a five cent head".
4) They believe their offense will be as good as their defense, though their defense will lead the way, particularly early in the season.
5) They believe that it will be them and Florida in the SEC Championship and that game could be for the National Championship as well.
6) They believe that D-Mac and Felix Jones are probably the best two RB's(together in the same backfield) in the country, but that their defense will tame the Hogs offense and that Flynn will pass our secondary crazy.
7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it) and they seemed to not know very much of anything about what had occured with Mustain, DW and Gus except that they left and they viewed MM as a traitor and a spoiled brat.

All I am telling you here is what THEY(all the people I talked to at my hotel, in bars, at the airport, etc) said and what THEY thought. I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

Comments?
Go Hogs Go!

HoopHog

They don't care.  We aren't a real threat to their success.

311Hog

Media character assasination, it is what the BAC is best at. 

Michael Porkleone

most of my friends scattered around the country from areas other than arkansas just know some sort of soap opera is going on...

it's funny..they think the stuff about coaches leaving and players transferring is normal..it happens at every school.....

What they don't understand are the polls, protests, FOIs, and ads placed.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

booogaga

GO HOGS!

rzrbckfan426

Sounds like those LSU fans have their wits about them.  I pretty much agree with everything until the last point.  The season will show how good their qb is but they definitely have the talent to win it all this year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: booogaga on June 28, 2007, 10:15:02 am
so did you just walk around and quiz people?

Yeah, that's what I spent good money for and put up with airport delays and b.s. Just to interview people about the state of SEC foorball. No, it was just in the course of being out and chatting with people from time to time outside of business.
Go Hogs Go!

razorrog1

It's definitely a sign of the Apocalypse when LSU fans sound logical.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it)
I bet Miles can't text as well as the dale can.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

HogNuttz

Well, the end of number six is probably correct, I hate to say.  If you go to Death Valley this year, take your rain coat to shield yourself from flying beers, spit cups, and corn dogs.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Ouachihog

Well, they do have the talent to win it all, but they had the talent to win it all last year as well.  In my opinion, they were the best team in the SEC last year, or at least could have been.  The turnovers killed them at Florida.  They should have beaten Auburn.  But that is just it, I think they will lose at least one, and maybe two, SEC games again this year.  Their lack of focus at times killed any chance they had at a SEC or national title last year, but they had the best QB in the nation leading them.  I think that lack of focus and an inexperienced (at least in a starting role) QB keep them from winning a national title this year.  They probably win the West, but I'm not 100% sold yet.

I'm not even so sure about Florida yet either.  Anybody who watched them last year before the Ohio State game saw just how vulnerable they were....1 point win at UT, gift fumble by Ark, a couple of blocked kicks to survive at home against a 3-5 SEC team (South Carolina).  Florida easily could've had 3 losses last year.  Tebow could be a great one, but as I have said many times, he won't have the luxury of wearing the headset on the sideline when it is 3rd and 9 on the road and everybody knows you have to pass. 

It very well could be UF and LSU, but it could also be Ark, Auburn, or Bama from the West and UGA or UT from the East.  Sure most won't predict that, but most didn't predict a 7-1 SEC record from Ark last year either.  Something tells me this season could be a little different than most of the fans might think. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: HogNuttz on June 28, 2007, 10:28:42 am
Well, the end of number six is probably correct, I hate to say.  If you go to Death Valley this year, take your rain coat to shield yourself from flying beers, spit cups, and corn dogs.
My wife and I had a great time in Baton Rouge...they were a little wild during the game....but before and after the game LSU fans were great
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

UhOhioHog

Summer just started and Spring is "Crawfish Season".

That stuff makes you crazy!  Along with all the beer!
Those two things create an attention span that doesn't reach past state lines without the name Saban coming up!

wholehog92

Sounds pretty accurate to me for an out of state homer viewpoint of things.  I aggree with most except for the poor arkansas attitude.  I think they may be overestimating their offense a smidge read homerism.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

LSUFan

Quote from: TexasHogfan on June 28, 2007, 10:37:53 am

Those two things create an attention span that doesn't reach past state lines without the name Saban coming up!

I killed a gopher with a stick once

Huh

Oh, wrong thread.

Richard_white

Quote from: opineonswine on June 28, 2007, 10:51:02 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2007, 10:11:23 am
Just back from a trip to New Orleans and had an occasion at several places to visit with LSU fans about the upcoming football season. There were some interesting conversations and here is some of what was said.
1) LSU is going to win the SEC Championship this year and be in the National Championship game.
2) Matt Flynn is a great QB and people outside the state just don't realize how good he is.
3) Perrilloux is looked upon with disdain and generally thought of as the proverbial kid with "a million dollar arm and a five cent head".
4) They believe their offense will be as good as their defense, though their defense will lead the way, particularly early in the season.
5) They believe that it will be them and Florida in the SEC Championship and that game could be for the National Championship as well.
6) They believe that D-Mac and Felix Jones are probably the best two RB's(together in the same backfield) in the country, but that their defense will tame the Hogs offense and that Flynn will pass our secondary crazy.
7) They thought Nutt was a pretty decent coach(for Arkansas, as they put it) and they seemed to not know very much of anything about what had occured with Mustain, DW and Gus except that they left and they viewed MM as a traitor and a spoiled brat.

All I am telling you here is what THEY(all the people I talked to at my hotel, in bars, at the airport, etc) said and what THEY thought. I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

Comments?

Few people outside of Arkansas care one whit about Ark football because it is a non-factor.  Had you asked them what they thought of Saban at Bama, or will Florida repeat, you would have gotten a lot more emotion and input.

We are an afterthought outside the state.  Until we get serious about being a real player in college football, we will con't to be an afterthought or worse.

We have a coach that can text someone in 2.6 seconds.  Let's see if Less Miles or Meyer can do that........

RedRiverHog

I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

I had someone else tell me they were talking to some people from Allen, Texas last week. They came away from the conversation with the same thought.

It seems all the talk about us making a mockery of Arkansas in the eyes of people nationally may not be so true after all.....
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

JaxnHog

WHAT?!!  LSU fans thinking they are going to be in the national championship game?  I never would have seen that coming(sarcasm)
We had a very good chance to beat them last year in the rock, and I think without russel, their offense wont be quite as potent.  A lot of you guys are underestimating this team; we have a chance to beat LSU

HawgWyld

Quote from: RedRiverHog on June 28, 2007, 10:58:23 am
I found it pretty interesting over all and especially that they seemed to know so little about the what had happened in Arkansas over the last 9 months.

I had someone else tell me they were talking to some people from Allen, Texas last week. They came away from the conversation with the same thought.

It seems all the talk about us making a mockery of Arkansas in the eyes of people nationally may not be so true after all.....
Heh. You think? The Arkansas isn't of the teams people outside of Arkansas worry about, care about or anything else when it comes to football. He Hogs haven't done a damn thing since joining the SEC in football, so that's no shock.

DuffMcHog

Even though LSU will have a very good team, I think pencilling them into NC game at this point is premature. This is the year where they will be leaning more on Les Miles ability and less on Saban's left overs. Miles may prove to be as good as Saban but I doubt it will be right now and I for one expect LSU to have a pretty good drop off this year and next. At least 2 SEC loses are pretty probable I'd say. As for there take on UA situation, I'm sure that is pretty normal around the country as they don't look into it in detail as we do. If I only read national media accounts of it, I'd probably think the same.
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

hogfan064

Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 11:06:27 am

Heh. You think? The Arkansas isn't of the teams people outside of Arkansas worry about, care about or anything else when it comes to football. He Hogs haven't done a damn thing since joining the SEC in football, so that's no shock.

I wouldn't say noone cares about Arkansas football or worries about us.  I think the general opinion in the league is that when you play Arkansas it will be a tough and physical game.  Noone considers us a powerhouse, but noone thinks we're a pushover either.   

RedRiverHog

It's not a shock to many of us. It does go against all the spewing the huggers are doing about how we're (darkshiders) embarrassing Arkansas in front of the whole nation.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

Splizcat

Quote from: yindaoMy wife and I had a great time in Baton Rouge...they were a little wild during the game....but before and after the game LSU fans were great
I agree.  I have made it to a couple of Razorback games at Death Valley and lived in Baton Rouge for a few months due to work.

hawgaramus

Quote from: RedRiverHog on June 28, 2007, 11:18:22 am

It's not a shock to many of us. It does go against all the spewing the huggers are doing about how we're (darkshiders) embarrassing Arkansas in front of the whole nation.

Yeah, but I've seen a lot of posts from the "darkside" saying that they hope the national press picks this story up and runs with it.  I really doubt people outside the state really care, but the intent to embarrass is there.

cresentcitycouchon

Comments?

With regard to #2 above, Flynn has attempted at total of 74 passes, completed 42 of them for 678 yards since he arrived in 2003!!  he is 1-0 as a starter (Miami '05). Now, the guy who was under center for them last year, in which they went 6-2 in SEC play, and was the #1 overall NFL draft choice , is being replaced by a QB that has not started a 12 game slate, and won week in,week out  against 8 SEC teams...he hasn't had to perform with "games on the line", under pressure, on the road in the SEC. If they were to repeat  6-2 in SEC play ,post- Russell, under these conditions, I consider that a great season. I see them as a 10-2 team again, even with a guy who's never been the starter! But they won't play for a nat'l title.

RedRiverHog

Quote from: hawgaramus on June 28, 2007, 11:24:55 am
Quote from: RedRiverHog on June 28, 2007, 11:18:22 am

Yeah, but I've seen a lot of posts from the "darkside" saying that they hope the national press picks this story up and runs with it.  I really doubt people outside the state really care, but the intent to embarrass is there.

I'm not sure it is/was an attempt to embarrass as much as an attempt to get the word out any way possible. After all we know the press inside the state ain't gonna do shiite. Not to site the "poll" but didn't like 75% say they got their info from the TV.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cresentcitycouchon on June 28, 2007, 11:34:07 am

Comments?

With regard to #2 above, Flynn has attempted at total of 74 passes, completed 42 of them for 678 yards since he arrived in 2003!!  he is 1-0 as a starter (Miami '05). Now, the guy who was under center for them last year, in which they went 6-2 in SEC play, and was the #1 overall NFL draft choice , is being replaced by a QB that has not started a 12 game slate, and won week in,week out  against 8 SEC teams...he hasn't had to perform with "games on the line", under pressure, on the road in the SEC. If they were to repeat  6-2 in SEC play ,post- Russell, under these conditions, I consider that a great season. I see them as a 10-2 team again, even with a guy who's never been the starter! But they won't play for a nat'l title.

Keep in mind that these things are just statements that folks out of New Orleans said......their opinions.......not mine(entirely). Though I do believe that the SEC Championship(short of the earth moving in some strange way) will probably be between LSU and Florida.
Go Hogs Go!

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

cosmodrum

Quote from: LSUFan on June 28, 2007, 10:47:49 am

Huh

Oh, wrong thread.

having trouble reading your post. Eyes won't move away from the jiggly bewbs.
Go away, batin'

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Dugann

great insight.  Thanks for the post +1 for ya.  I hope that the Arkansas vs LSU game will be for all the marbles in the West and for the right to go to the SECC, but I just don't know.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

CusefaninAR

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 28, 2007, 11:13:52 am
No one considers us a powerhouse, but no one thinks we're a pushover either.  

USC does.

cbjagman

Quote from: hawgacyde on June 28, 2007, 12:04:12 pm
SEC Championship will be AR vs. GA. Hogs win.
Had trouble concentrating on your comment because I was laughing so hard. Certainly not at the thought of the Bulldogs planning for the SECC but the Hogs not only being in the championship game, but actually finally winning it!!!Dream on.

Wooisme

LOL...

Players come and players transfer at every school.  Yep.
Coaches hired and coaches take a different job at a different school every year. Yep.

How about...Coach's insider buddies sending vile e-mails to members of the team inviting them to leave, copying assistant coaches,  members of the coaches families, and others???

Does that happen everywhere, every year?  Please, do tell. Give us some examples. 

Add to the mix that the 'player' on the receiving end of the e-mails was the most highly decorated recruit in the nation and the most highly decorated home state recruit in modern history. 

Now, again, tell us how common that is and give us some examples....

Enlighten us.  Tell us about the great character and integrity of Mr. Nutt and his minions.

You HDNers will "BUY" anything that defends your thug of a coach.  Amazing.
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

HawgWyld

Quote from: opineonswine on June 28, 2007, 11:45:59 am
Ahh yes...our familiar middle-of-the-pack, avg, mediocre position.  Gotta love it.
For better or worse, that's what the Hogs have become since joining the SEC. I love the fact the baseball team is consistently good and I have high hopes for basketball, but it appears the football team has devolved to a Cubs-like status -- the performance is typically disappointing but the fans don't give a damn.

King-Tusk

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Arkansas beat Georgia in football?
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

HawgWyld

Quote from: King-Tusk on June 28, 2007, 12:54:42 pm

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Arkansas beat Georgia in football?
I'm not sure, but a Nutt team has never beaten Georgia. Same goes for Florida...

King-Tusk

Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 12:55:50 pm

I'm not sure, but a Nutt team has never beaten Georgia. Same goes for Florida...

Unfortunately, I don't think we would beat them this year if we played them either.  Georgia made a commitment with Stafford and will benefit greatly from it.  We will once again be starting the season with a unproven QB.  Now for you huggers, I'm not bashing Casey.  I hope that he has a break-out season and sets the world on fire, but when the season starts he will be an unproven starter just like we've had the last few seasons.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

CusefaninAR

Oct. 1993 in Athens.  Hogs won 20-10.  0-5 since.

HawgWyld

Quote from: King-Tusk on June 28, 2007, 01:00:55 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think we would beat them this year if we played them either.  Georgia made a commitment with Stafford and will benefit greatly from it.  We will once again be starting the season with a unproven QB.  Now for you huggers, I'm not bashing Casey.  I hope that he has a break-out season and sets the world on fire, but when the season starts he will be an unproven starter just like we've had the last few seasons.
I'm not sure anyone's bashing Casey. A lot of us just expect him to perform like he's a, well, quarterback for a Nutt team...

Wooisme

We beat Georgia like a junk-yard dog in the Cotton Bowl (when IT was a MAJOR BOWL) January 1, 1976.  Georgia was the SEC Co-CHAMP and this was JFB's last SWC Championship Team.

This was the game where Georgia tried the famous "shoe-string" play.   It backfired. We scored and never looked back.
HDN: DID LESS with MORE than any coach in Razorback History.

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: Wooisme on June 28, 2007, 12:53:48 pm
LOL...

Coaches hired and coaches take a different job at a different school every year. Yep.

How about...Coach's insider buddies sending vile e-mails to members of the team inviting them to leave, copying assistant coaches,  members of the coaches families, and others???

Does that happen everywhere, every year?  Please, do tell. Give us some examples. 

Add to the mix that the 'player' on the receiving end of the e-mails was the most highly decorated recruit in the nation and the most highly decorated home state recruit in modern history. 

Enlighten us.  Tell us about the great character and integrity of Mr. Nutt and his minions.

Damn dude! Settle down. MuskogeeHogFan was just passing on what LSU fans were saying. Why are jumping down his throat?
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

King-Tusk

Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 01:07:17 pm

I'm not sure anyone's bashing Casey. A lot of us just expect him to perform like he's a, well, quarterback for a Nutt team...

I actually think that Casey has the talent to rise above a nutt coached QB.  He did it on the "Called Play" against Ole Miss in 05, but hasn't had enough work since then to show us what he can do. 

Brand X Hog Fan

Go ahead LSU, keep looking past us. I don't think we are going to sniff 10 wins this year but we will upset some folks. It is back to our mediocre selves, winning some we shouldn't and losing some we shouldn't. It is impossible at this point to predict to whom we will lose.

Disclaimer . . . we have the talent to be solid but I don't believe the coaching staff can develop that talent.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

parrishw

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 28, 2007, 12:09:46 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on June 28, 2007, 10:47:49 am

Huh

Oh, wrong thread.

having trouble reading your post. Eyes won't move away from the jiggly bewbs.

I think he is having trouble too..........I know I do every time he posts

parrishw

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on June 28, 2007, 01:12:20 pm
LOL...

Damn dude! Settle down. MuskogeeHogFan was just passing on what LSU fans were saying. Why are jumping down his throat?

He is right Woosime the man from Muskogee is not a hugger and his posts are always informative and more positive than negative..
Just the facts......

CusefaninAR

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on June 28, 2007, 01:38:25 pm
Go ahead LSU, keep looking past us.

Considering the Hogs have only ever won once in Baton Rouge, and only once on the road against LSU since 1930, I'd say they have good reason to look past DMW.

MuskogeeHogFan

LOL...

Woo..........are you sure you are posting on the right thread? I'm trying to make sense of what you are saying in terms of relevance to the thread and I am sorry, but I am lost as to what your post is supposed to be speaking to? We all know very well what has transpired, but the only part of my post that had anything to do with MM, DW or Gus was that the LSU fans weren't knowledgable of the situation. Am I missing your point? I'll be glad to respond if I understand your line of thinking, or did you not really read all of the thread?
Go Hogs Go!

HawgWyld

Quote from: King-Tusk on June 28, 2007, 01:16:47 pm
Quote from: HawgWyld on June 28, 2007, 01:07:17 pm

I actually think that Casey has the talent to rise above a nutt coached QB.  He did it on the "Called Play" against Ole Miss in 05, but hasn't had enough work since then to show us what he can do. 
Whether he has the "talent" is one issue, whether he can overcome being stuck in a system that is notorious for neglecting the development of quarterbacks is completely another...