Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN Gameday for the Alabama Game?????

Started by TheHogFan, June 26, 2007, 11:25:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogFan

I was thinking about this the other day and I have a strong suspicion that Gameday will be in Tuscaloosa for the Bama game. Think about it. Night game, on ESPN, Satan's first SEC game, McFadden and his Heisman hype. I do not think there are any other premier games that weekend, so that should not be a factor.

It is going to be a VERY rowdy atmosphere no matter what, but if Gameday is there, it could be out of control. What a victory it shall be.

Hong Kong Sooey

Not after we almost gack up the Troy game.

Our secondary will be exposed early and often...

hogfan064

Quote from: TheHogFan on June 26, 2007, 11:25:36 am
I was thinking about this the other day and I have a strong suspicion that Gameday will be in Tuscaloosa for the Bama game. Think about it. Night game, on ESPN, Satan's first SEC game, McFadden and his Heisman hype. I do not think there are any other premier games that weekend, so that should not be a factor.

It is going to be a VERY rowdy atmosphere no matter what, but if Gameday is there, it could be out of control. What a victory it shall be.

Notre Dame-Michigan is that day as is Nebraska-Southern Cal(this will be your Gameday)

HogHillbilly

Quote from: hogfan064 on June 26, 2007, 11:28:19 am

Notre Dame-Michigan is that day as is Nebraska-Southern Cal(this will be your Gameday)

Yep.............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

hogfan064

If the Hogs survive and face an undefeated Auburn then I wouldn't be shocked to see them come for that game.  Way to far in advance to predict those things.

arkjay19

It's very possible, but we've been saying it for a long time.  You just never know though, two of ESPN media darlings are playing good games that day too(USC & ND).

John Futrall

Quote from: HogHillbilly on June 26, 2007, 11:30:29 am

Yep.............

Since ABC will most likely have the ND/UM game, I would think that Gameday would be in Ann Arbor..

LordStanleysHog

Especially if Clausen is starting for ND...

Break & Run

ND-Michigan is nothing bc of no BQ...Bama/Ark is better than SC,Nebraska bc we all know who will win that game; even after that Nebraska's comments last year b4 the game @ SC.

I think they may come to Bama just bc it's a swing gamely and Saban's first game against Darren McFadden.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

TheHogFan

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on June 26, 2007, 11:26:48 am

Aww man, you don't really believe that. Its ok to be excited, I promise it is a lot more fun.

TheHogFan

My bad, I thought those were another weekend. Probably right on the Nebraska-USC but I think they did that game last year, so maybe not.

hogsrbad

Check this out:This week, the Alabama Athletic Department will begin mailing season ticket holders and running ads in newspapers across the state, the new game day policy which covers everything from tailgating rules to the attire you can and can't wear inside the stadium.

*Gone are the days of fans sitting outside the stadium getting inebriated and coming into the stadium causing trouble. According to University officials, State Troopers will be stationed at random gate entrances and if they, or the gate workers, suspect you of drinking, you will be asked to take a breathalyzer test.

If you blow more than a 0.08%, you will be asked to leave the stadium, and if you are a season ticket holder, your tickets will be revoked and you will not be able to renew them.*

"We sat down and looked at most of the problems we have inside the stadium on game days, and 80% of them are alcohol related. We understand that some people are going to drink a little, but we are not going to tolerate drunkenness inside our stadium any longer" said one University official.

hogfan064

Quote from: THE BAND GEEK on June 26, 2007, 11:35:30 am
ND-Michigan is nothing bc of no BQ...Bama/Ark is better than SC,Nebraska bc we all know who will win that game; even after that Nebraska's comments last year b4 the game @ SC.

I think they may come to Bama just bc it's a swing gamely and Saban's first game against Darren McFadden.

Nebraksa-Southern Cal is more appealing though.  It's a game we don't see that often(Bama-Ark is every year) and this will be the first big game in Lincoln in several years.  USC will likely be #1 in the nation at this point and Nebraksa fans are known for huge turnouts for ESPN Gameday.

Sorry guys it won't be in Tuscaloosa.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: TheHogFan on June 26, 2007, 11:37:18 am

Aww man, you don't really believe that. Its ok to be excited, I promise it is a lot more fun.
I am excited.  About DMac.  I hope we figure out some way to take a small bit of the focus off him so he has the type of season he should.

But our defense?  Sorry.  I can't see any reasonable scenario that has them playing well.  Early in the year particularly.

Too many losses combined with the best returnees coming off of ACL tears.  Toss in Reggie's man to man fetish, and we are toast.

Richard_white

I would love to experience another Gameday on the hill.

But I agree with Sooey.  Troy will expose our secondary.  Maybe our whole defense.

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: hogsrbad on June 26, 2007, 11:38:29 am
Check this out:This week, the Alabama Athletic Department will begin mailing season ticket holders and running ads in newspapers across the state, the new game day policy which covers everything from tailgating rules to the attire you can and can't wear inside the stadium.

*Gone are the days of fans sitting outside the stadium getting inebriated and coming into the stadium causing trouble. According to University officials, State Troopers will be stationed at random gate entrances and if they, or the gate workers, suspect you of drinking, you will be asked to take a breathalyzer test.

If you blow more than a 0.08%, you will be asked to leave the stadium, and if you are a season ticket holder, your tickets will be revoked and you will not be able to renew them.*

"We sat down and looked at most of the problems we have inside the stadium on game days, and 80% of them are alcohol related. We understand that some people are going to drink a little, but we are not going to tolerate drunkenness inside our stadium any longer" said one University official.

I don't even want to comment on the constitutionality of this little project... Good luck with that Tide!

TheHogFan

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on June 26, 2007, 11:41:38 am
Quote from: TheHogFan on June 26, 2007, 11:37:18 am

I am excited.  About DMac.  I hope we figure out some way to take a small bit of the focus off him so he has the type of season he should.

But our defense?  Sorry.  I can't see any reasonable scenario that has them playing well.  Early in the year particularly.

Too many losses combined with the best returnees coming off of ACL tears.  Toss in Reggie's man to man fetish, and we are toast.
Your just saying that so you don't get too excited. I know deep down you are super pumped about this season.

Jerk Pork

Quote from: Richard_white on June 26, 2007, 11:42:30 am

But I agree with Sooey.  Troy will expose our secondary.  Maybe our whole defense.
Troy will not gain over 200 yards against us. We win by 3 touch downs.

TheArkansasTraveller

Hawgalujia!  It will be a glorious night in Hog Football history.... 

TheArkansasTraveller

Dang!  And people think we have it bad here????

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on June 26, 2007, 01:30:33 pm

We do have it bad here.  We have nuttjob
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

HMGhog

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 01:32:39 pm

and people like you as fans.

Landonhog

Quote from: HMGhog on June 26, 2007, 01:36:37 pm

So true...   :razorback:

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: HMGhog on June 26, 2007, 01:36:37 pm

YOu are correct.  I have missed 2 or 3 fb games in the last 20 years, go to 80% of the bball games, a ton of baseball games, drive a RAZORBACK RED chevy truck with a Hog license plate on the front and a big HOG on the back windshield, I am a member of the Bentonville Razorback club, I have a few Razorback magnents on my garage door, I have a 4 foot tall razorback painted on the wall inside my garage, 90% of my tshirts are hog shirts, I have a Razorback Logo tattooed on my arm, I BLEED RAZORBACK RED, I also happen to have a sister that is friends with MM, BC, and MANY other FB players and HAPPEN TO HAVE HEARD THE TRUTH about your WORTHLESS HC.  So i guess you are right, Im not very good for the program. OBVIOUSLY since I KNOW hdn is a jacka$$ I must not be a good fan.  OPEN YOUR EYES

NATEHOGG216

Oh yeah, my living room and hallway in my house are Razorback red. 

I LOVE THE HOGS.

I hate having a good for nothing, lying, egotistical, non recruiting worthless piece of crap coaching MY/OUR team.

NATEHOGG216

I guess all those "bad" fans that Florida had a couple of years ago who started the FireZook.com must have quit rooting for Florida after they did fire zook b/c Florida seems to be doing pretty well now that they listened to those Pesky Fans that ACTUALLY wanted to win. 

I know Landon, it is hard to understand wanting to succeed and have ethics.  It is hard for most blind huggers to understand.  And for that reason I dont hold it against you.   GOD made some of us intelligent.

Landonhog

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 01:51:01 pm
I guess all those "bad" fans that Florida had a couple of years ago who started the FireZook.com must have quit rooting for Florida after they did fire zook b/c Florida seems to be doing pretty well now that they listened to those Pesky Fans that ACTUALLY wanted to win. 

I know Landon, it is hard to understand wanting to succeed and have ethics.  It is hard for most blind huggers to understand.  And for that reason I dont hold it against you.   GOD made some of us intelligent.

Thanks for dumbing it down for me....  If only I had some of that enteligense you were talkin about... 

Oh yeah, I want a new coach too....

Beaverfever

Quote from: Landonhog on June 26, 2007, 01:58:57 pm

I know Landon, it is hard to understand wanting to succeed and have ethics.  It is hard for most blind huggers to understand.  And for that reason I dont hold it against you.   GOD made some of us intelligent.

Thanks for dumbing it down for me....  If only I had some of that enteligense you were talkin about... 

I woudln't mind a new coach either, I just thinking making a scene of our whole situation in front of the entire nation is self destructive.  Ya'll might as well accept that houston won't be fired unless he continually performs bad...and he just hasn't.  The bickering and protesting is just bad for recruiting and image.

hawgslop00

What if we route Troy, McFadden rushes for 150, Felix rushes for 150, and then Bama looks awesome in their games?  Still no Gameday?

NATEHOGG216

I know Landon, it is hard to understand wanting to succeed and have ethics.  It is hard for most blind huggers to understand.  And for that reason I dont hold it against you.   GOD made some of us intelligent.

Then quit agreeing that having me as a fan is BAD.  I LOVE THE HOGS.  I REALLY DO.  I think Hdn is a jackass and Frank is senile.  Both of those are true and anyone who doesnt see it is not very smart.  I am glad to see that you must know it too.  For me to sit by and not voice my displeasure would be a disservice to OUR program.  When something is wrong with a program, it is the ones that LOVE that program that NEED to step up and ensure that all is HEALED. 

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Beaverfever on June 26, 2007, 02:05:32 pm

Ya'll might as well accept that houston won't be fired unless he continually performs bad...and he just hasn't. 

WRONG
2004 and then 2005. 

We MUST voice displeasure.  Otherwise, he really will be here tearing apart the program for another 10 years.  NO THANK YOU.  Goodbye Houston.  We DONT WANT YOU.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: hawgslop00 on June 26, 2007, 02:05:50 pm
What if we route Troy, McFadden rushes for 150, Felix rushes for 150, and then Bama looks awesome in their games?  Still no Gameday?

Doubtful, USC AND NEBRASKA AND ND AND MICHIGAN are really big games.  ESPN knows it.

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 02:06:21 pm

Then quit agreeing that having me as a fan is BAD.  I LOVE THE HOGS.  I REALLY DO.  I think Hdn is a jackass and Frank is senile.  Both of those are true and anyone who doesnt see it is not very smart.  I am glad to see that you must know it too. 

You saying that people that don't agree with you "aren't very smart" speaks volumes on your intelligence.  

hawgslop00

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 02:09:17 pm
Quote from: hawgslop00 on June 26, 2007, 02:05:50 pm

Doubtful, USC AND NEBRASKA AND ND AND MICHIGAN are really big games.  ESPN knows it.

You're probably right.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on June 26, 2007, 02:14:26 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 02:06:21 pm

Then quit agreeing that having me as a fan is BAD.  I LOVE THE HOGS.  I REALLY DO.  I think Hdn is a jackass and Frank is senile.  Both of those are true and anyone who doesnt see it is not very smart.  I am glad to see that you must know it too. 

You saying that people that don't agree with you "aren't very smart" speaks volumes on your intelligence.  

Have you met Frank in the last few years?  Listened to him speak?  Looked at him?

Are you really a Razorback fan?  Have you watched the way HDN has handled the program in his tenure?  Do you attend games?  Have you noticed the uprising in MANY fans?   It is time for a change.  Whether you like hdn or not, if you cant see that it is time, then you are not very smart.

TheHogFan

I woudln't mind a new coach either, I just thinking making a scene of our whole situation in front of the entire nation is self destructive.  Ya'll might as well accept that houston won't be fired unless he continually performs bad...and he just hasn't.  The bickering and protesting is just bad for recruiting and image.
Agreed. The number of actual dieshard, by the book, "Nutt Huggers" is minute.

wooly

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 01:45:31 pm

I LOVE THE HOGS.

I hate having a good for nothing, lying, egotistical, non recruiting worthless piece of crap coaching MY/OUR team.

Sounds like you need someone to decorate for you. j/k

razorbackmkh

Quote from: Jerk Pork on June 26, 2007, 01:18:44 pm
Quote from: Richard_white on June 26, 2007, 11:42:30 am

Troy will not gain over 200 yards against us. We win by 3 touch downs.
3 touchdowns against a sunbelt team isn't something to get pumped about.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: TheHogFan on June 26, 2007, 02:29:25 pm

Agreed. The number of actual dieshard, by the book, "Nutt Huggers" is minute.

For the record, I never FOI'd anything or brought a suit against anyone.  I agree that these were not the BEST tactics but I understand the frustration that drove these FANS to do such things.

I capitalized fans because that is what they are.  Maybe you dont agree with their actions but I assure you they are fans of the razorbacks or they never would have gone to such lengths to help OUR program.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: wooly on June 26, 2007, 02:34:38 pm
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 01:45:31 pm

I LOVE THE HOGS.

Sounds like you need someone to decorate for you. j/k

Come on now, I sell real estate in NWA and deep/dark red is a VERY popular color now days.  It is a very Vibrant and Passionate color.

UrAzoRbacKs

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 02:41:27 pm

For the record, I never FOI'd anything or brought a suit against anyone.

But you DID derail yet another thread by bringing up Nutt AGAIN.  Wasn't this thread about ESPN Gameday?

Hong Kong Sooey

Tideboy

By the way, this little tidbit isn't true.  It came from a parody called the Piedmont Gazette (or something like that.

As for ESPN Gameday, I hope they don't come to Tuscaloosa on Sept 15th.  The last two times they were on campus we lost. (UGA, OU)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

NATEHOGG216

June 26, 2007, 03:07:50 pm #44 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 03:10:54 pm by NATEHOGG216
Quote from: UrAzoRbacKs on June 26, 2007, 02:49:56 pm

But you DID derail yet another thread by bringing up Nutt AGAIN.  Wasn't this thread about ESPN Gameday?

Im sorry I dont bring all of the insight to the board that you obviously do with your 34 posts.  Thanks newb.

NATEHOGG216

UrAzoRbacKs

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on June 26, 2007, 03:07:50 pm

Im sorry I dont bring all of the insight to the board that you obviously do with your 34 posts.  Thanks newb.

Yes, I'm sorry you don't as well.  Your awesome descriptions of your home's interior are quite touching.

BTW - Reading but not posting does not necessarily mean someone is a "newb", but calling someone out for their post count IS very "insightful".  You do realize that for years you didn't have to register here to read the forums, right?  I don't know if you have to register to read now or not.  And besides, what does my post count have to do with you derailing a thread?

Anyway, I don't think ESPN would even remotely consider sending Gameday to Tuscaloosa for the Hogs game.  Not enough national interest to fill their coffers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: UrAzoRbacKs on June 26, 2007, 03:19:02 pm

Anyway, I don't think ESPN would even remotely consider sending Gameday to Tuscaloosa for the Hogs game.  Not enough national interest to fill their coffers.

See now you said something worth while.  Correct, NOT gonna happen. 

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: UrAzoRbacKs on June 26, 2007, 03:19:02 pm

Yes, I'm sorry you don't as well.  Your awesome descriptions of your home's interior are quite touching.

BTW - Reading but not posting does not necessarily mean someone is a "newb", but calling someone out for their post count IS very "insightful".  You do realize that for years you didn't have to register here to read the forums, right?  I don't know if you have to register to read now or not.  And besides, what does my post count have to do with you derailing a thread?

I said the things about me that are RAZORBACK RELATED.  Trying to show some blind hugger that just because I dont like Nutt does not mean I am not a razorback fan.  ANd yes, if that helps one blind hugger to understand that, then it was well worth it.

Date registered = December 8th 2006  are you teresa?  She used a computer right around this day too.

34 posts = you arent adding too awful much to the site.

Also, I noticed your first post in this thread wasnt about the title of this thread.  HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM