Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee or LSU

Started by Razorbackssports, June 25, 2007, 08:18:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackssports

Which road game are we more likely to win? TENNESSEE or LSU

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Lanlord

jry04

We have a better chance to beat UT. LSU will be a top 5 team this year. They are the team to beat in the SEC. They will probably have the 2nd best defense behind USC. I have seen a lot of people call them overrated due to losing Russell, but their backup isn't a slouch. LSU's defensive line will be really strong, so we will have a hard time matching up with them.

rljjr

Richard_white

Tennessee.  But I wouldn't bet any money both of those games.

ilovepinebluff

Break & Run

hands down- LSU, we only lost by 2 there, if not for the safety punt mistake, we would have gone into OT.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

edmo

RedSatinHog

Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Pig_Lebowski

Both, if you are talking about Tennessee-Martin, and Louisiana State University in Shreveport.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Seeing as how HDN has never won in Knoxville or Baton Rouge, neither are likely.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

CORZRBACKFAN

Definitely Tennessee. LSU is loaded this year- a win in Baton Rouge would go down among the top wins ever in Razorback lore.
-"One has to learn havin' fun is just smilin' through
those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. "

-Jimmy Buffett

rzrbak4life

Tennessee, Chattanooga that is.

Fayetnam

Neither! Phil Fulmer will have his dobber out for us after what we did to him last year. He'll be ranked high when we play them and have alot on the line. LSU....well, the own the Nuttster. Not gonna win either.

WBOBO

I say we win both.  We whipped both teams last year statistically (one on the scoreboard, the other not), and we should
have won in baton rouge two years ago (a field goal kicker would have been nice).

I have a question.  Why do all the people on this board who have made their game by game win/loss predicitions for the upcoming year have us losing to LSU.  Not one of you guys show a "W".  I know they are talented, but an unproven quarterback (and yes, he is unproven, especially SEC week in week out) and one senior on their offensive line does not impress me one bit.  All preseason magazines have them
in the top 5, which means everyone will be gunning for them, including Vandy in their opener.  How many first rounders were lost to the
NFL this year?   Yes, they will be good this year, especially their defense, but I don't fear them like I do bama.  Bama is our measuring
stick.  If we get by them, this could really be a good year.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Anybody

WBOBO -  Have you ever been to "DEATH VALLEY" down in Baton Rouge?  VERY, VERY INTIMIDATING.  Also, this being late in the season, DMAC could be "used up" or injured (hopefully not) by our brilliant coach.  It just does NOT look good for the Hogs against Tennessee or LSU in their homes.  Sorry, but my honest opinion. 

hirebutchdavis

LSU is the toughest place to play on the road in the SEC.  We lose both.  However I seem to recall Lunny beating Tennessee 15-14 at knoxville.  Yes, we kicked five field goals.  Atleast Coach for Life has a field goal kicker on campus this year.  Was nobody else interested in the springdale hot shot or did he just alway want to be a razorback?

ballhog™

June 25, 2007, 09:48:01 pm #20 Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:53:21 pm by ballhog
Quote from: hirebutchdavis on June 25, 2007, 09:46:00 pm
LSU is the toughest place to play on the road in the SEC.  We lose both.  However I seem to recall Lunny beating Tennessee 15-14 at knoxville.  Yes, we kicked five field goals.  Atleast Coach for Life has a field goal kicker on campus this year.  Was nobody else interested in the springdale hot shot or did he just alway want to be a razorback?

You remember wrong about the score when Lunney led Arkanas beat Tennessee.  25-24. And we didn't kick 5 field goals.  Todd Wright did hit one to win the game though.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

TulsaHogFan

Isn't Ainge back?  Yea with Cutcliffe, he will be deadly, if he can stay healthy, look for him to make a lot of noise.  LSU's coaching is suspect after loosing Fisher.  I am not as worried about LSU, but it is in Death Valley and thats worth a few points. 

Unfortunatly with Shibest still hanging around, i bet it comes on special teams. 

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

WBOBO

Anybody- I agree with you totally about Death Valley being VERY VERY INTIMIDATING!  But we have won at Baton Rouge before,
and we will win their again.  You say DMAC could be used up or hurt.  I'll say it's his last SEC game as a Razorback, and how bittersweet
it would be to rumble over the tigers on their turf.  I don't see DMAC going  0-3 versus LSU in his career.  Or Hillis and Jones for that  matter.  They've all been there and know what to expect.

PIGINAPOKE

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: WBOBO on June 25, 2007, 10:05:15 pm
Anybody- I agree with you totally about Death Valley being VERY VERY INTIMIDATING!  But we have won at Baton Rouge before,
and we will win their again.  You say DMAC could be used up or hurt.  I'll say it's his last SEC game as a Razorback, and how bittersweet
it would be to rumble over the tigers on their turf.  I don't see DMAC going  0-3 versus LSU in his career.  Or Hillis and Jones for that  matter.  They've all been there and know what to expect.

What, no plans for the SEC Championship game?

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 25, 2007, 10:06:02 pm

That Championship Frank thinks is the one. LMAO
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

WBOBO

TulsaHogFan- Alabama, as bad as I hate to say it scares me.  I really think they have the defense to stop
some NFL teams.   Offensively, I think they will get better as the year progresses, and beat us in a tiebreaker to
play for SEC championship.  They beat Auburn and we beat LSU.  Just my take. 

Anybody dare to argue with me on how good a defensive team they have; earmark this post and let's talk in December.
It's not Saban's team, but he sure will get all the accolades for their success, and that really sucks because he doesn't deserve it.

jry04

June 25, 2007, 11:30:23 pm #28 Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:33:29 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: Tomcat on June 25, 2007, 09:44:47 pm
We stand a chance against Tinner.  No chance against LSU.
I wouldn't count the Hogs out of this game. As I said, LSU will be the best team in the SEC despite losing Russell. They will have one of the best defenses, and I think we will lose. However, I wouldn't say we are 100% going to lose. There is a chance. I am sure you didn't think we had a chance last year at Auburn either.

Bama will be tough, but it will take a little while for Saban to get them on top of things. We have won a few times in Bama too. We will have the better team, which doesn't always mean anything. We should win that one though. We could lose to Bama, but if we lose to Bama I see us losing to Auburn, UT, LSU, and maybe SC because those teams will be as good as Bama if not better this year.

To say Bama has a defense that could stop some NFL teams is laughable. There isn't one team Bama could stop in the NFL. The game is so much faster, and the players are so much stronger. Bama has a few players that will make the NFL on their defense. That is 7 or 8 players short of what an NFL offense has....LSU will have the best defense in the SEC, and just about every college football "expert" seems to think the same. USC is going to be the only defense better than LSU.

cosmodrum

June 25, 2007, 11:43:51 pm #29 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 02:24:58 pm by cosmodrum
Tennessee. I'm hoping that, in my lifetime, we'll beat LSU again. The last time was a "Miracle." 5 years ago, and it probably shouldn't have happened. Glad it did though!  ;D
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: WBOBO on June 25, 2007, 10:19:34 pm
TulsaHogFan- Alabama, as bad as I hate to say it scares me.  I really think they have the defense to stop
some NFL teams.   Offensively, I think they will get better as the year progresses, and beat us in a tiebreaker to

Anybody dare to argue with me on how good a defensive team they have; earmark this post and let's talk in December.
It's not Saban's team, but he sure will get all the accolades for their success, and that really sucks because he doesn't deserve it.

The best college defense couldn't even come close to hanging with an NFL offense. Not any. Even the bad ones have players that were all the best players on their college teams. But I do agree that they are a very dominant college defense.
Go away, batin'

mayer020103

i dont see us coming close to beating TN or LSU, but if i had to pick one I would say we could beat LSU.

Junkyard Hog

arkbengal

Quote from: WBOBO on June 25, 2007, 10:19:34 pm
some NFL teams.   Offensively, I think they will get better as the year progresses, and beat us in a tiebreaker to

I think both those games will be very tough to win, but there is always a chance. On Bama, I think playing them early is a big plus as they will likely improve quite a bit during the year. Also, their major weakness on defense works in the Hogs favor, as they are short on good D linemen. Should be a plus for your running game.

hawgaramus

I think we'll beat Tennessee this season.  We beat them like a red headed step child last season and I don't see any reason for that to change.  LSU is the only team on the schedule that I can't see us beating.  Not saying that we will beat everybody else, but there is no reason why we can't.  LSU is is just going to be too dominant on defense this season...

HogStang

Tenn, it would be nice to beat LSU but Vegas odds wouldn't be good.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

press ham

June 26, 2007, 09:58:41 am #37 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:00:22 am by press ham
Quote from: Richard_white on June 25, 2007, 08:23:37 pm
Tennessee.  But I wouldn't bet any money both of those games.

i'm not a gambler either, but i think we should win both. nutt has no excuses not to. some of us want to talk about big stadiums and crowd noise, blah blah blah. no excuse. i was in baton rouge in 05 while our 4-7 team held their own for 4 quarters and also at 6 ot at tenn. crowds had nothing to do with those losses. special team and playcalling will be the key. lsu lost a lot to the draft, and i think we are just better than tenn.

we "should" win both.

ListenHereMister

If Bama beats us..it will be because of their offense, not defense.
I think we beat Tenn and LSU is a toss up.
If LSU can get past VTech, Florida, and Aubbie, then they will whoop us enroute
to a National Championship.  If they stumble early, then it is wide open.

Also, Tejada was offered a scholie by LSU.

hog_heaven_2000

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

HawgWyld

I'm actually looking for the upset against Tennessee. The Hogs don't stand a chance in Baton Rouge -- it's not in Nutt's nature to go in an pull off a win like that.

HatfieldHog

Neither!  I'm trying to not be pessimistic, but we are not gonna be as good next year as we were last year, and in 2007, we won't sneak up on Tennessee again.  LSU will just "out athlete" us, especially at the Deaf Dome.  Plus, losses at Alabama, and to Auburn at home, and we have at least 4 loses.  The game at Ole Miss is another one that can go either way, they have recruited well, and eventually, their recruiting will catch up with our lack of recruiting.

All of the Middle Tier teams in the SEC are taking a step up in '07, except Arkansas.

I look for a 7-5 year in '07, and a triumphant return to Nuttville, after our "Above our Heads" play in '06.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

HawgWyld

Quote from: HatfieldHog on June 26, 2007, 10:17:33 am
Neither!  I'm trying to not be pessimistic, but we are not gonna be as good next year as we were last year, and in 2007, we won't sneak up on Tennessee again.  LSU will just "out athlete" us, especially at the Deaf Dome.  Plus, losses at Alabama, and to Auburn at home, and we have at least 4 loses.  The game at Ole Miss is another one that can go either way, they have recruited well, and eventually, their recruiting will catch up with our lack of recruiting.

All of the Middle Tier teams in the SEC are taking a step up in '07, except Arkansas.

I look for a 7-5 year in '07, and a triumphant return to Nuttville, after our "Above our Heads" play in '06.

See ya
Heh. I'm looking for 8-4 (par for the course for Nutt), so I suppose I'm an optimist...

Break & Run

I'm looking at 10-2 or 11-1...This team is going to be great, just bc of the offensive weapons we have, our defense will come on like they did last year and we'll have a great year! DMAC wins the Heisman and Jones wins the Mazwell and Monk wins Best WR...ALL 3 First Round picks
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

cmakrzrbak

No question, UT is the easier game.

LSU is the early favorite for the BCS title game while Fat Phil is on the hot seat.

This should not even be in question
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

SirCHog

Tennessee for sure and we will have the ability to beat LSU.  I think a lot of people under estimate (and they do it every year) the offensive line.  Coach M. redshirts well and reloads every year.  I also think this will be a breakout year for Casey and by the time we get to Tennessee, the defense will be formidable.  I'll be in the stands!

hogtheznutts

June 26, 2007, 11:19:28 am #46 Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:21:44 am by hogtheznutts
Quote from: HawgWyld on June 26, 2007, 10:10:34 am
I'm actually looking for the upset against Tennessee. The Hogs don't stand a chance in Baton Rouge -- it's not in Nutt's nature to go in an pull off a win like that.

What about that number 2 ranked AU game last year?  Was it in his nature to destroy them at home?

TN will be easier of the two but we can win both!  LSU game is on the afternoon after Thanksgiving, it's not near as loud and their not near as drunk as the night games.  Night games are the ones that are known to be intimidating, not early afternoon games.

tigerLSU

Quote from: WBOBO on June 25, 2007, 09:35:24 pm
I say we win both.  We whipped both teams last year statistically (one on the scoreboard, the other not), and we should
have won in baton rouge two years ago (a field goal kicker would have been nice).

I have a question.  Why do all the people on this board who have made their game by game win/loss predicitions for the upcoming year have us losing to LSU.  Not one of you guys show a "W".  I know they are talented, but an unproven quarterback (and yes, he is unproven, especially SEC week in week out) and one senior on their offensive line does not impress me one bit.  All preseason magazines have them
in the top 5, which means everyone will be gunning for them, including Vandy in their opener.  How many first rounders were lost to the
NFL this year?   Yes, they will be good this year, especially their defense, but I don't fear them like I do bama.  Bama is our measuring
stick.  If we get by them, this could really be a good year.

we return 9 starters  from a REALLY good D

our replacement QB is a 5th year senior, and while we lost 2 great WRs we return possibly the best WR in the NCAA

we return 4/5 starters on the OL, and the one we lost was meh anyway. the OL gelled at the end of 2006 and we should have a clear cut #1 RB that we didn't have for half of 2006

go hogues

Tennessee definitely.  We always play them a good game. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

grayhawg

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 25, 2007, 10:06:02 pm

or a bowl game.