Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kid From Greenwood NOT Considering ARKANSAS ?

Started by BigDeal, June 15, 2007, 06:41:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkahontas

All this talk and not one mention of how good of a hander-offer this Wilson kid is...

Priorities, man. We don't need QB's who can throw the ball 40 times a game. We need a QB who can throw it 12 times a game, not over 15 yards, and who rank in the top 10 nationally in 'handing-off' attributes.

quicksix

Quote from: Hawgon on June 15, 2007, 06:52:33 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on June 15, 2007, 06:41:25 pm
Is this some mistake on rivals.com ? What is going on here. I notice his speed is not the greatest, but wondering if he is not being recruited by Arkansas, or does he not like a pro-style offense ?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=56871

The Great Nutt has decided not to recruit Mr. Wilson.  He considered some other schools so obviously, he doesn't "want to be a Razorback" bad enough to play for Mr. Nutt.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Annax10 on June 15, 2007, 08:53:59 pm
Quote from: Realist on June 15, 2007, 08:31:41 pm
Hes a 3 star QB, Youngblood is a 4 star.  Yet you complain when Youngblood is clearly the better pro style QB and not just some pass happy spread QB
Per Rivals.com, they are both 3 stars.  And Youngblood is listed as a dual-threat, not pro-style.  If Nutt and Lee are looking at improving passing, Wilson is a better choice.  His pass completion was 67.7% with 4,222 yards last season.  Youngblood had 58.9% pass completion with 2,022 yards.

Youngblood would most likely had very comparable numbers if Fairview ran the same offensive system that Greenwood does.
You have to look at more than just the 'numbers' when evaluating.

HoopHog

It is easier for Nutt and his staff to (currently) pursue a recruit who is only holding offers from Arkansas State, Tulsa, Mississippi State and UCA, rather than compete for the kid who has offers from  Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Missouri, Minnesota, LSU, Tulsa and probably many others.  They always back away with their tail between their lags when the heavy hitters come calling.

Richard_white

Quote from: HoopHog on June 29, 2007, 03:31:13 pm
It is easier for Nutt and his staff to (currently) pursue a recruit who is only holding offers from Arkansas State, Tulsa, Mississippi State and UCA, rather than compete for the kid who has offers from  Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Missouri, Minnesota, LSU, Tulsa and probably many others.  They always back away with their tail between their lags when the heavy hitters come calling.

You wonder who is doing the real recruiting for Arkansas.  The coach or the one who said, "we are 7th or 8th in potential." 

jtw109

Quote from: LawnHog48 on June 15, 2007, 06:52:16 pm
Another big mistake by Nutt. I guess they didn't want him. I know LSU wants him and he has as much talent throwing the ball and moves very well in the pocket. I think Tyler is right there with Mitch Mustain in throwing the ball and maybe even moves better in the pocket.

do you want us to sign 3 quarterbacks to a class?  i trust people who recruit players for a living over people on this board

oldtimerhog

Quote from: hawgnacious on June 18, 2007, 11:46:08 am
You gotta go with the Huggers on this issue.  How can any of us call Houston's ability to recruit qbs into question?  I hate to throw Zack Clark, Ryan Sorahan, Robert Johnson, and Nathan Emert in your face, but come on. Facts are facts.

Our job as fans is simply to love the Hogs and everything that comes with them.  We should keep buying tickets and making donations so that Nutt can keep his job plus get a nice little annual raise, regardless of performance issues.  Winning, integrity, and a commitment to excellance have nothing to do with any of this so stop bringing them up.  We are razorbacks and blind loyalty must prevail. 

The decision to not make a sincere effort to recruit Wilson must be grounded in solid logic and reasoning or Nutt would be taking a different course of action.  Just like those hacks K. Burns, Ziemba, and B. Green.  Sure they looked good to the untrained eyes of Auburn, Notre Dame, and USC, but we must all believe that Nutt is infallible or this whole thing is just not going to work.

Besides, do any of you really think that USC (Mustain) and LSU (Wilson - as I understand it) are better at evaluating players than HDN and David Lee?  I do not recall the Trojans going to any SEC championship games lately. LSU and talent?  Its not like they went to the SEC championship game last year.  I do not believe Tony Romo went to either USC or LSU. 

We all need to stop questioning our coach and simply learn to enjoy and appreciate the sheer genius and strategery of HDN.

HA!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

jtw109

Quote from: LawnHog48 on June 23, 2007, 06:50:48 am
Stang? Did you know we had the #1 QB recruit in the nation on campus and your boy Nutt ran him off? Did you know that?
Did you know we had the Gatorade POY and Parade POY right on campus?

If you huggers saw with your own eyes Houston Nutt burn down your house I swear you would just say he was trying to warm the  neighborhood. You guys have a sickness.

When Tyler Wilson throw for 300 yds against us and LSU beats us you'll see why LSU and Bama were actively recruiting the kid.

are you an arkansas fan?

grayhawg

Good point I can only think of one kid that they fought tooth and toenail for with a top program that would be Tony Ugoh and Oklahoma.

HoopHog

Quote from: jtw109 on June 29, 2007, 03:37:48 pm
Quote from: LawnHog48 on June 15, 2007, 06:52:16 pm
Another big mistake by Nutt. I guess they didn't want him. I know LSU wants him and he has as much talent throwing the ball and moves very well in the pocket. I think Tyler is right there with Mitch Mustain in throwing the ball and maybe even moves better in the pocket.

do you want us to sign 3 quarterbacks to a class?  i trust people who recruit players for a living over people on this board

...and that would be Gus Malzahn, right?  No one on this current Arkansas staff recruits for a living...stop kidding yourself.

Feralhog

Is this some mistake on rivals.com ? What is going on here. I notice his speed is not the greatest, but wondering if he is not being recruited by Arkansas, or does he not like a pro-style offense ?

Yeah, that pro style offense runs recruits off so fast it messes you up.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

The Recruiting Guy

THHAWG

Are we talking about 300 yards in a single game vs. LSU or 300 yards over the course of a college career vs. LSU?  I'm confused because the former seems unrealistic.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: grayhawg on June 29, 2007, 03:48:45 pm
Good point I can only think of one kid that they fought tooth and toenail for with a top program that would be Tony Ugoh and Oklahoma.
We did with Bledsoe also but those are the only ones we went to war with and won. Maybe Matt Jones with Okla.

ParaPorker

QuoteOregon offered Tyler earlier this week.

I have known about OR a little bit.
They are excited to go see the Pacific Northwest.

And LSU countered by offering one of Tyler's relatives an assistant spot.
He just happens to be a very good OL coach.

Les was probably going to make the hire anyway.

Paratrooper out
WPS, go hogs go. Peace, out.

razorhog52

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 29, 2007, 06:22:50 pm
Quote from: grayhawg on June 29, 2007, 03:48:45 pm
We did with Bledsoe also but those are the only ones we went to war with and won. Maybe Matt Jones with Okla.

Ahmad Carroll, we beat UGA and everyone else.
Lawrence Richardson, we beat out Texas and LSU
Ernest Mitchell came down to Arkansas and Florida St.
Jermaine Love we beat out Nebraska
We got Marcus Shavers over UGA and Oklahoma

And there has been a lot more.

weresoclose

Big Deal, kudos for keeping the charade going this long.  You're sarcastic wit is priceless.  8)

HogStang

Quote from: BigHog396 on June 23, 2007, 10:34:05 am
Quote from: HogStang on June 23, 2007, 06:12:58 am
Did you all know we have 2 of the top 10 dual threat QB recruits in the nation signed? Our freshmen this year are also a mix of pocket and dual threat.
NO WE DON'T HAVE 2 OF THE TOP 10 SIGNED!  Signing day is not until February.  They may both watch our season this year and decide to go elsewhere.  That is EXACTLY why you don't pass over a very highly rated HOMETOWN kid in the recruiting process.  THAT IS WHY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ON HERE ARE COMPLAINING.  If you don't get that, you aren't worth discussing this situation with.

Chill out with the CAPS, man. We have them as commits....my bad for using the wrong term. Don't let your hate blind you. Oh, and before you start calling me a "hugger", I'm just as happy as the next guy with a coaching change.

Here's something you probably haven't thought of....what happens if we get all these commits and "can't sign them all because we over committed our scholarships"? I'll tell ya....we won't get commits in the future, they won't be able to trust that we can actually sign them.

HogStang

Stang? Did you know we had the #1 QB recruit in the nation on campus and your boy Nutt ran him off? Did you know that?

If you huggers saw with your own eyes Houston Nutt burn down your house I swear you would just say he was trying to warm the  neighborhood. You guys have a sickness.

When Tyler Wilson throw for 300 yds against us and LSU beats us you'll see why LSU and Bama were actively recruiting the kid.

Using your logic, we shouldn't go after any highly ranked prep players because your boy HDN would run them off.

And you can back off the "hugger" talk. I don't owe any allegiance to any coach. Just because I'm happy we have 2 of the top 10 dual threat QBs committed doesn't mean I'm a hugger. It means I'm happy we have some talent lined up. We also have a pretty good "pocket" passer coming in this year.

toshortrock

we don't want him,we have to much already,can;t read some of the other post,we;re doing to good,we get who we want,and he;s not one of them
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

J Man

Quote from: whocares on June 18, 2007, 12:05:08 pm
most of you are sad and pathetic Jim Youngblood is ranked higher than any other QB in the state but all you do is bitch about not having Tyler Wilson. Guys why do you do this?

Because they are from Greenwood.

TDHog

Quote from: J Man on June 30, 2007, 08:38:30 am
most of you are sad and pathetic Jim Youngblood is ranked higher than any other QB in the state but all you do is bitch about not having Tyler Wilson. Guys why do you do this?

Because the two QB's both faced PA.  One put up 14 points the other over 50, one had a 4th quarter better than the others entire game, one won the other lost.  But yeah only Greenwood folks want him (maybe Greenwood should start a university, they know more about football than the MSM).

BigHog396

Quote from: HogStang on June 30, 2007, 06:25:37 am
Did you all know we have 2 of the top 10 dual threat QB recruits in the nation signed? Our freshmen this year are also a mix of pocket and dual threat.
NO WE DON'T HAVE 2 OF THE TOP 10 SIGNED!  Signing day is not until February.  They may both watch our season this year and decide to go elsewhere.  That is EXACTLY why you don't pass over a very highly rated HOMETOWN kid in the recruiting process.  THAT IS WHY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING ON HERE ARE COMPLAINING.  If you don't get that, you aren't worth discussing this situation with.

Chill out with the CAPS, man. We have them as commits....my bad for using the wrong term. Don't let your hate blind you. Oh, and before you start calling me a "hugger", I'm just as happy as the next guy with a coaching change.

Here's something you probably haven't thought of....what happens if we get all these commits and "can't sign them all because we over committed our scholarships"? I'll tell ya....we won't get commits in the future, they won't be able to trust that we can actually sign them.
Every big school signs more players than they have scholarships available for.  That's just part of the game.  If you don't know that, how do you really expect anyone to put any faith in any of your opinions about this?

So don't act like we can only offer 25 players, or even only sign 25 players.  Typically we sign somewhere between 27-30.  Some won't make the grades and will have to go JUCO, some will choose baseball, others will go elsewhere.  So why the heck not go ahead and offer 3 QB's, especially when you only have 1 real QB on campus at the time.  Hell, I can remember when we went through 4 QB's in 1 game (it may have been in 1 Quarter).

OKhogfan1959

Greenwood? Not hardly..You sound like Nutts wife..Haters to the north..It is working for the Nutt gang though...Just attack the towns..That's it..Really stupid!

I guess the LSU coach is from Greenwood? Wilson will make a great QB and has better offers than either of the ones we have committed. How can the huggers make Nutt look right on this? Just attack the town..Yea that's it.

HogStang

Quote from: BigHog396 on June 30, 2007, 03:14:21 pm
Quote from: HogStang on June 30, 2007, 06:25:37 am

Every big school signs more players than they have scholarships available for.  That's just part of the game.  If you don't know that, how do you really expect anyone to put any faith in any of your opinions about this?

So don't act like we can only offer 25 players, or even only sign 25 players.  Typically we sign somewhere between 27-30.  Some won't make the grades and will have to go JUCO, some will choose baseball, others will go elsewhere.  So why the heck not go ahead and offer 3 QB's, especially when you only have 1 real QB on campus at the time.  Hell, I can remember when we went through 4 QB's in 1 game (it may have been in 1 Quarter).

Of course, colleges overcommit on scholarships all the time and they have to "bump" some of the lower tier recruits. Knowing this, colleges don't put all their scholarships on one position. Sure, we can recruit 5 highly regarded QB recruits but that means another position, say an offensive lineman (you know, those guys that keep the QB from getting pummeled so he can get the ball downfield?) might suffer from getting top heavy.

Very few programs have the luxury of stuffing one position. We already have a stable in the works for QB.

Also, QBs have a certain way about them and generally want to show their skills. Look who we lost when we decided to put so much energy into the Springdale bunch. Good players, no doubt, but who wants to compete against MM "the Golden Boy" for starting time? Look North and you will see.

Hogstocking

July 03, 2007, 06:47:12 am #225 Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 06:49:13 am by Hogstocking
Wilson was spurned by Miles when he tried to commit to him.. 

Mr. Hog

Pro style offense ?
Your kidding right ?
Go Hogs Go!

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

TheHogFan

Quote from: TDHog on June 30, 2007, 09:34:23 am

Because the two QB's both faced PA.  One put up 14 points the other over 50, one had a 4th quarter better than the others entire game, one won the other lost.  But yeah only Greenwood folks want him (maybe Greenwood should start a university, they know more about football than the MSM).

So we should pick our QB's based on how they do against Pulaski Academy? That makes a lot more sense. On that note why is no one complaining about not signing Loucks? He is only the state record holder for career passing yards.

351hog

Quote from: LawnHog48 on July 01, 2007, 06:07:50 am
Greenwood? Not hardly..You sound like Nutts wife..Haters to the north..It is working for the Nutt gang though...Just attack the towns..That's it..Really stupid!

I guess the LSU coach is from Greenwood? Wilson will make a great QB and has better offers than either of the ones we have committed. How can the huggers make Nutt look right on this? Just attack the town..Yea that's it.

That LSU coach you speak of told Tyler he would not take his commitment b/c they are holding out for 2 higher ranked Qb's. 

moses_007

Youngblood looks great in those videos.  We won't have him until 2008, right?  He has the moves of the legendary James Street of Texas...

TDHog

July 04, 2007, 11:29:39 am #231 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:33:23 am by TDHog
Quote from: TheHogFan on July 03, 2007, 08:42:33 am
Quote from: TDHog on June 30, 2007, 09:34:23 am

So we should pick our QB's based on how they do against Pulaski Academy? That makes a lot more sense. On that note why is no one complaining about not signing Loucks? He is only the state record holder for career passing yards.

How about passing #'s, go ahead compare them, or peformance in the clutch, I am not saying Youngblood is not any good.  I am saying I have seen Wilson and he is very impressive.  Too impressive not to offer a scholarship.  I'd rather offer and loose 1/2 QBs that could have a major impact than to waste a scholar on someone else Nutt can get with limited effort over the likes of North Texas.

LJHOG

Had being the operative word here.  He isn't here no mo and all the hand wringing in the world won't bring him back.  As for your point about LSU, Tyler Wilson is not on their board as a "target" recruit.  He has a "conditional offer".  Meaning, if we don't sign one of our other two or three QB targets, we'll take you.

TDHog

Quote from: LJHOG on July 04, 2007, 11:44:16 am

Had being the operative word here.  He isn't here no mo and all the hand wringing in the world won't bring him back.  As for your point about LSU, Tyler Wilson is not on their board as a "target" recruit.  He has a "conditional offer".  Meaning, if we don't sign one of our other two or three QB targets, we'll take you.

He'll end up at Alabama.  But hey what has Sabin ever done that Nutty hasn't?  I sure Nutt knows what he is talking about.

rangehog

Quote from: Mr. Hog on July 03, 2007, 06:53:45 am
Nutt is one shi**y coach.

NO, He's more like one long bowel movement that never ends, and hurts like He!!.