Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Christian 8th Grader Bench Presses 405

Started by Wes Craven, April 25, 2007, 09:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Craven

Quote from: NinoHog on April 30, 2007, 09:59:12 pm
Its Funny How MM Looked terrible in that game against LRCH. If MM Didnt get his arm broke they would have gotten beat worse. I Was There I Saw How SCARED SHS LOOKED when they played Central. Plus The Following Year When SDALE won it all. Jenks Missed Play Offs And Evangel Had A Safety Playin QB. QUESTION? What D1 Talent Came Out In 06 Besides SHS? They played down teams and put up stats. But No Way Better Than LRCH 04 or 05. LRCH threw the ball about 7 times a game. D and soild runnig.

First of all those were the '03 and '04 Central teams. The Central team in 2004 lost a game so they are out of the question and you tell me what big time talent came out of Arkansas in 2003 class beside Centrals kids. If you know anything about how school football you know how important senior leadership is. You also know how much kids mature and change in a full year. Add all that to the fact that Springdale added Division I linebacker Jamie Jones and you have the recipe for destruction. Only you people from Central Arkansas feel this way. No one has EVER dominated the schools largest classification like Springdale did in 2005.

Springdale dominated Shreveport Evangel 35-7 on national television. Evangel went on to win the Class A State Championship in Louisiana. Before you try and make fun of Class A keep in ind they were only there because the year before they had dominated Louisiana's largest classification and won the State Championship and the state moved them back down. The quarterback you are making fun of signed with Memphis. I guess Clark Irwin is better than him though.

Springdale then dominated perennial powerhouse Jenks 44-0 who then moved on to go 9-1 in the regular season losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Little Rock Central in 2004:

West Memphis- Went 10-4 lost in State Finals, Lost to 3A Osceola, Real Title Game was semifinals with Springdale
Pine Bluff- 4-6, Enough Said.
Cabot- 7-4 Lost in first round of playoffs

Good to see LR Central really testing themselves against the best.

What a joke.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on April 30, 2007, 10:49:30 pm
Its Funny How MM Looked terrible in that game against LRCH. If MM Didnt get his arm broke they would have gotten beat worse. I Was There I Saw How SCARED SHS LOOKED when they played Central. Plus The Following Year When SDALE won it all. Jenks Missed Play Offs And Evangel Had A Safety Playin QB. QUESTION? What D1 Talent Came Out In 06 Besides SHS? They played down teams and put up stats. But No Way Better Than LRCH 04 or 05. LRCH threw the ball about 7 times a game. D and soild runnig.

First of all those were the '03 and '04 Central teams. The Central team in 2004 lost a game so they are out of the question and you tell me what big time talent came out of Arkansas in 2003 class beside Centrals kids. If you know anything about how school football you know how important senior leadership is. You also know how much kids mature and change in a full year. Add all that to the fact that Springdale added Division I linebacker Jamie Jones and you have the recipe for destruction. Only you people from Central Arkansas feel this way. No one has EVER dominated the schools largest classification like Springdale did in 2005.

Springdale dominated Shreveport Evangel 35-7 on national television. Evangel went on to win the Class A State Championship in Louisiana. Before you try and make fun of Class A keep in ind they were only there because the year before they had dominated Louisiana's largest classification and won the State Championship and the state moved them back down. The quarterback you are making fun of signed with Memphis. I guess Clark Irwin is better than him though.

Springdale then dominated perennial powerhouse Jenks 44-0 who then moved on to go 9-1 in the regular season losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Little Rock Central in 2004:

West Memphis- Went 10-4 lost in State Finals, Lost to 3A Osceola, Real Title Game was semifinals with Springdale
Pine Bluff- 4-6, Enough Said.
Cabot- 7-4 Lost in first round of playoffs

Good to see LR Central really testing themselves against the best.

What a joke.

The argument of best ever will get no play, because the so called best Arkansas ever saw won the big game one time.  You can talk all day but that will not change the fact that the 2004 team beat Springdale. Scoreboard.  Basil Shabazz did not have to wait until his senior year to dominate.  With the 30 coaches they have, you would think they could have at least went back to back.  I still will not fix my mouth to say that the 2003 Central team was the best ever, I will reserve that for homers from NW Arkansas who rarely come off the hill and think they have the best team ever.  You have no idea how ridiculous saying that team was the best ever sounds.   

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 01, 2007, 01:09:54 am
The argument of best ever will get no play, because the so called best Arkansas ever saw won the big game one time.  You can talk all day but that will not change the fact that the 2004 team beat Springdale. Scoreboard.  Basil Shabazz did not have to wait until his senior year to dominate.  With the 30 coaches they have, you would think they could have at least went back to back.  I still will not fix my mouth to say that the 2003 Central team was the best ever, I will reserve that for homers from NW Arkansas who rarely come off the hill and think they have the best team ever.  You have no idea how ridiculous saying that team was the best ever sounds.   

We are talking about one year not a span of years here. Springdale's team got an entire year older and picked up a Division I linebacker from 2004 to 2005. There is no homer to it. Springdale DOMINATED like no other team ever has. Period. Argue all you want look at the facts. The FACT is that Springdale could have scored 70 or 80 in many of its games where Malzahn pulled his first team in the 3rd quarter. The same cannot be said about LR Central or Pine Bluff. By the way, Shabazz had a big time college career right?

Keep in mind I talk to coaches both high school and college on a daily basis in my career and you would sound ignorant in their presence as we have had this discussion before.

Hawgasaurus

Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 27, 2007, 09:00:56 pm
Quote from: Wes Craven on April 27, 2007, 06:41:48 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on April 27, 2007, 05:59:19 pm
Yes, but you implied that just because Nutt never texted him, he was not recruited hard and that is simply not true.

Yeah, you are right. It shows the difference in priorities for Malzahn and Nutt.

Difference in job descriptions, also.

HC's don't recruit???
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on May 01, 2007, 10:18:25 am

We are talking about one year not a span of years here. Springdale's team got an entire year older and picked up a Division I linebacker from 2004 to 2005. There is no homer to it. Springdale DOMINATED like no other team ever has. Period. Argue all you want look at the facts. The FACT is that Springdale could have scored 70 or 80 in many of its games where Malzahn pulled his first team in the 3rd quarter. The same cannot be said about LR Central or Pine Bluff. By the way, Shabazz had a big time college career right?

Keep in mind I talk to coaches both high school and college on a daily basis in my career and you would sound ignorant in their presence as we have had this discussion before.

I don't care if you talked to Mike Ditka everyday.  Scoreboard.  

Wu Tang Clan

For the record, if Basil Shabazz had not made the mistake of taking money to play baseball he would have had an outstanding college career.  He was still a solid college player before he blew his knee out.  He is still the best high school athlete the state has ever seen and that is not debateable.  If any coach tells you something different they are idiots and should be drug tested. 

Grumpy Old Main

Returning to the thread topic:

quote:

I turned 15 when I was in the 10th grade, so he would still be behind a year. 

I was the 3rd youngest person in my class and I turned 15 the summer before my sophomore year. However, I graduated with some guys who were a year and a half older than me.

So Spike will be 18 in March of his junior year and 19 his senior year.  When I was in school, no one turned 18 before December of senior year.  I, like Darren McFadden, Kevin Durant, Patrick Beverly, and many others, turned 18 as a college freshman.

My son and his friends are in 8th grade and are all 13.  I think one just turned 14.

Hopefully they didn't let Spike play sports against regular-age 8th graders.  If he needed to be held back because of academic or emotional problems, so be it, but they shouldn't be letting him hit 13 year olds who haven't reached puberty.

And as for his future, his lift numbers are great and all the best to him, I hope he's a great success, but judging him before other kids his grade have even hit puberty is very premature.

Kris P. Bacon

Quote from: Grumpy Old Main on May 01, 2007, 11:49:29 am
Returning to the thread topic:

quote:

I turned 15 when I was in the 10th grade, so he would still be behind a year. 

I was the 3rd youngest person in my class and I turned 15 the summer before my sophomore year. However, I graduated with some guys who were a year and a half older than me.

So Spike will be 18 in March of his junior year and 19 his senior year.  When I was in school, no one turned 18 before December of senior year.  I, like Darren McFadden, Kevin Durant, Patrick Beverly, and many others, turned 18 as a college freshman.

My son and his friends are in 8th grade and are all 13.  I think one just turned 14.

Hopefully they didn't let Spike play sports against regular-age 8th graders.  If he needed to be held back because of academic or emotional problems, so be it, but they shouldn't be letting him hit 13 year olds who haven't reached puberty.

And as for his future, his lift numbers are great and all the best to him, I hope he's a great success, but judging him before other kids his grade have even hit puberty is very premature.

Okay, judge him against a high school senior. 405 is awesome for a kid coming out of high school. Also, I think the kid could push up way more than 405 if he had 33 reps at 225.
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

Wes Craven

He stopped at 405 to do the rep max. There are plenty of kids who are 19 when they graduate. I can think of 4 in my class alone right off the top of my head. They are older, however, they are in the right grade.

Wes Craven

May 01, 2007, 02:27:16 pm #59 Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 08:23:23 pm by Wes Craven
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 01, 2007, 10:22:39 am

I must have missed the game where Springdale 2005 vs. LR Central 2003 took place. You never will know the outcome of that game.

All you can do is see the DOMINANCE that Springdale exuded. You are saying because Central beat them in '04 that they are better than the '05 team and that is just ridiculous. Fact is that I have engulfed you in FACT about the dominance Springdale showed and the opponents they played. You have nothing more than your ignorant and obviously racist view which is why you believe LR Central and Pine Bluff are the two best teams ever as between the two they are roughly 90% African American.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Wes Craven on May 01, 2007, 02:27:16 pm

I must have missed the game where Springdale 2005 vs. LR Central 2003 took place. You never will know the outcome of that game.

All you can do is see the DOMINANCE that Springdale exuded. You are saying because Central beat them in '04 that they are better than the '05 team and that is just ridiculous. Fact is that I have engulfed you in FACT about the dominance Springdale showed and the opponents they played. You have nothing more than your ignorant and obviously racist view which is why you believe LR Central and Pine Bluff are the two best teams ever as between the two they are probably 90% African American.

This argument is mute because we can not play the best from certain years against the best from another year, but that is not my point.  This needs to end now since it has turned into a name calling contest.  I see no reason to call this poster or any other poster a racist.  Wes Craven, you seem to be in these discussions on a fairly regular basis and they always seem to gravitate toward you calling someone a name or claiming to work with such & such number of coaches everyday and that makes you smarter than everyone else.  The name calling should never be used and I doubt very seriously that your job makes you smarter than everyone else.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Wes Craven

Quote from: HawgBall06 on May 01, 2007, 03:10:54 pm
This argument is mute  because we can not play the best from certain years against the best from another year, but that is not my point.  This needs to end now since it has turned into a name calling contest.  I see no reason to call this poster or any other poster a racist.  Wes Craven, you seem to be in these discussions on a fairly regular basis and they always seem to gravitate toward you calling someone a name or claiming to work with such & such number of coaches everyday and that makes you smarter than everyone else.  The name calling should never be used and I doubt very seriously that your job makes you smarter than everyone else.

Well, everyone can be wrong sometimes. Yours just happens to be this time. My job may not make me smarter in the ways of the world. However, when it comes to football. It's what I do. Furthermore, you or anyone else in the "outside"world who tries to make the argument against Springdale will sound ridiculous and ignorant in circles where more than just Houston Nutt are discussed.

By the way... it's MOOT.

Grumpy Old Main

Quote from: Wes Craven on May 01, 2007, 02:22:19 pm
He stopped at 405 to do the rep max. There are plenty of kids who are 19 when they graduate. I can think of 4 in my class alone right off the top of my head. They are older, however, they are in the right grade.
His numbers are great compared to 20 year olds, that's not my point. 

I've never met anyone who graduated at 19; must be something new.  And no, they are not in the right grade.  If they turn 18 before September 15 of their Senior year, they've been held back.  I'm not saying it's morally wrong or anything, but it's not the right grade as defined by the state of Arkansas.  By senior year it doesn't make much difference, but it'd be sad to see a regular pre-pubescent 12 year old get cut in 7th grade because he's made normal academic progress while a 14 year old with sideburns makes the team because he's fallen behind academically.

Wes Craven

Quote from: Grumpy Old Main on May 01, 2007, 10:42:23 pm
Quote from: Wes Craven on May 01, 2007, 02:22:19 pm
His numbers are great compared to 20 year olds, that's not my point. 

I've never met anyone who graduated at 19; must be something new.  And no, they are not in the right grade.  If they turn 18 before September 15 of their Senior year, they've been held back.  I'm not saying it's morally wrong or anything, but it's not the right grade as defined by the state of Arkansas.  By senior year it doesn't make much difference, but it'd be sad to see a regular pre-pubescent 12 year old get cut in 7th grade because he's made normal academic progress while a 14 year old with sideburns makes the team because he's fallen behind academically.

He didn't start elementary school in Arkansas.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Wes Craven on May 01, 2007, 08:21:27 pm
This argument is mute  because we can not play the best from certain years against the best from another year, but that is not my point.  This needs to end now since it has turned into a name calling contest.  I see no reason to call this poster or any other poster a racist.  Wes Craven, you seem to be in these discussions on a fairly regular basis and they always seem to gravitate toward you calling someone a name or claiming to work with such & such number of coaches everyday and that makes you smarter than everyone else.  The name calling should never be used and I doubt very seriously that your job makes you smarter than everyone else.

Well, everyone can be wrong sometimes. Yours just happens to be this time. My job may not make me smarter in the ways of the world. However, when it comes to football. It's what I do. Furthermore, you or anyone else in the "outside"world who tries to make the argument against Springdale will sound ridiculous and ignorant in circles where more than just Houston Nutt are discussed.

By the way... it's MOOT.

All you can do is see the DOMINANCE that Springdale exuded. You are saying because Central beat them in '04 that they are better than the '05 team and that is just ridiculous. Fact is that I have engulfed you in FACT about the dominance Springdale showed and the opponents they played. You have nothing more than your ignorant and obviously racist view which is why you believe LR Central and Pine Bluff are the two best teams ever as between the two they are roughly 90% African American.

You just called me a racist or suggested I had a racist view because I did not think that Springdale has the best team ever. You are a simple minded moron who is a racist if you believe that bs.  I am through with this topic because it is obvious you are a homer with limited brain capacity.  For the record, I never said that Central or Pine Bluff had the best teams ever, I just thought that your claim of one team being the best ever is supreme homerism.  A team with the same nucleus of players who wins state once is not the best, but I am through with this topic because I do not have debates with closed mind people who are simple and plain.

#1 STUNNA

if warren had more than 40 kids in 200-2002 they could have benn one of the best ever out of the state

Wes Craven

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 02, 2007, 01:19:25 am

By the way... it's MOOT.

You just called me a racist or suggested I had a racist view because I did not think that Springdale has the best team ever. You are a simple minded moron who is a racist if you believe that bs.  I am through with this topic because it is obvious you are a homer with limited brain capacity.  For the record, I never said that Central or Pine Bluff had the best teams ever, I just thought that your claim of one team being the best ever is supreme homerism.  A team with the same nucleus of players who wins state once is not the best, but I am through with this topic because I do not have debates with closed mind people who are simple and plain.

I am just feeding you facts not politically correct agenda. Both teams you are pimping are close to 90% African American. You name makes it abundantly clear what culture you support. A TEAM is a one year deal that changes year to year. We are not talking PROGRAM which would be a span of years. No one has EVER dominated the Springdale did in 2005. I showed you that statistically with offensive and defensive numbers as well as opponents Springdale played which no one else can even touch with their non conference schedules. You are the one who is closed minded and light in the head if you believe otherwise. I don't play the politically correct game. I simply tell it like it is.

oldfart

May 02, 2007, 02:24:32 pm #67 Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 07:50:48 pm by oldfart
Im not sure how this story went from a Shiloh kid who benches to arguments about who has had the best high school team in Arkansas.  I have two kids in Shiloh and when this story came out I asked if this was true and they said absolutely.  Yes it appears the kid is older than most his grade level, but then how many 14 yr olds (as he was at that time) could come close to this.  I graduated high school at 16 and played varsity basketball and football against kids several years older than i was and yes it was a challenge but its not unusual to have seniors that turn 19 during their school year.  I was a junior in college at 19, id love to have been competing in high school when i was 19 :)

wooly

Wes Craven,

I have typed and retyped about seven responses to your comments, since I started reading this comment ten minutes.  I had to go back twice and remember what the original thread was about.

Springdale was great, but I think the pass happy offenses are so far ahead of the defensive coordinators of the Arkansas high schools it is not even funny.  I am from Benton and we had a pretty good team and you guys destroyed us.  However, while I was watching that game, the whole time I was giving our coaching staff the same grief I give HDN.( second guessing them)

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on April 26, 2007, 05:43:33 pm
Quote from: Wes Craven on April 25, 2007, 09:57:23 pm
I watched a story last night on KNWA which lead in by saying the strongest 15 year old in the world lives in Springdale, Arkansas and attends Shiloh Christian. They showed the video and it is remarkable. His name is Samuel Harvell and he is a 6'1" 235 pound kid who is in the 8th grade.  He bench pressed 405 pounds recently and followed that up with doing 225 pounds for 33 reps which would have placed him 6th at the NFL Combine this year. This is incredible.

He is an 8th grader

Shouldn't he be a 9th grader if he is 15, however his numbers are still absolutely sick.  What in the hell is this kid on.  A 400 pound bench press for a 9th grader is borderline X-Men type of ability. 
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Nutts and Bolts

Half of this thread is not even topic related...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

returntoglory

here goes a simple and unbiased opinion. i am not from central arkansas or nw arkansas, but i will say that the debate skills of wes craven have not won over my completely unbiased mindset. the resort to name calling and racism has no place on this board. and was shs better than central? i have no clue, but that is the fun of sports to argue moot points that can never be made clear; however, argue them with a little tact and class.

as for this shiloh kid, holy crap!!!

Brewerfan10

lovethosehogs

IHateVitale

Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

bigguy551122

this is the funniest thing i have ever seen, you sir need to get a clue , that or you dont know the slightest thing about football. your obviously jealous of the o5 springdale . deal wit it
perfection is all i expect.

Space Man

Quote from: Wes Craven on May 02, 2007, 09:20:39 am
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 02, 2007, 01:19:25 am

By the way... it's MOOT.

I am just feeding you facts not politically correct agenda. Both teams you are pimping are close to 90% African American. You name makes it abundantly clear what culture you support. A TEAM is a one year deal that changes year to year. We are not talking PROGRAM which would be a span of years. No one has EVER dominated the Springdale did in 2005. I showed you that statistically with offensive and defensive numbers as well as opponents Springdale played which no one else can even touch with their non conference schedules. You are the one who is closed minded and light in the head if you believe otherwise. I don't play the politically correct game. I simply tell it like it is.

You tell like it is or you mean to say that you tell it like you think it is.  What the hell is pimping teams?  Your whole argument is weak and you were getting schooled, so you chose to make a ridiculous call on racism Jessie Jackson.  Helen Keller can debate better than Wes Craven.  This argument started with Wes Craven talking about Spike from the Little Giants and he then chose to chant racism when he was losing an argument.  If Pine Bluff and Central were the teams being so called pimped by Wu Tang then this person may have been a Central Arkansas homer, but Wes Craven says he is a racist.  One thing is for sure Craven is a loser.   

351hog

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 01, 2007, 10:25:56 am

For the record, if Basil Shabazz had not made the mistake of taking money to play baseball he would have had an outstanding college career.  He was still a solid college player before he blew his knee out.  He is still the best high school athlete the state has ever seen and that is not debateable.  If any coach tells you something different they are idiots and should be drug tested. 

Agreed.  Best athlete the state has ever produced. 

Zen_Hog

Alright, heres a video of him doing 48 reps at 185 pounds. It's very impressive, but his chest was like a trampoline and his feet was bouncing all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PX2-ZH-sRo