Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sincerely, thank you Mike Anderson..

Started by HeyHogs, March 16, 2018, 04:55:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Thank you for agreeing to stay at the U of A!  Your streak of never having a losing season is incredible.  That you are able to recruit one, one and done player every few years has really cemented you as one of the more mediocre recruiters in college basketball.

Could I ask a favor?  Would you mind hiring real assistant coaches and listen to them?  I ask because they are not doing you any good.  You need to realize that your business plan is not working.  You as the CEO need to shake things up in order to see what could be.  I know you cannot be satisfied with your performance in the NCAA?  God knows that Hog fans aren't!  Unless you make changes to your company you will continue to see mediocre play, mediocre coaching and mediocre results in your career.

Sincerely, do something different.  What could it hurt?

The real Hogules

Maybe our new A.D. can suggest that Mike and his assistants take in a defensive coaching clinic, ran by actual college coaches? What's the old saying - If you can't beat them (and Mike can't) then join them?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

TeufelHog

Great post!  CMA needs to CLEAN HOUSE with respect to his Assistants.  He has for at least the last 2years.

BigHog396

Quote from: TeufelHog on March 16, 2018, 05:43:41 pm
Great post!  CMA needs to CLEAN HOUSE with respect to his Assistants.  He has for at least the last 2years.
It was painfully obvious when Mike got here that he didn't have any assistants that could coach a local high school team.  What makes anyone think he will run off any of his assistants???

cram224

It's sad knowing that our head coach and his assistants are coaching at the only P5 school that would hire them. Lifetime coach and lifetime assistants.

Oliver

Quote from: cram224 on March 16, 2018, 07:01:12 pm
It's sad knowing that our head coach and his assistants are coaching at the only P5 school that would hire them. Lifetime coach and lifetime assistants.

That was always the danger of hiring them

golfinpig

nwahogfan1

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 16, 2018, 04:58:27 pm
Maybe our new A.D. can suggest that Mike and his assistants take in a defensive coaching clinic, ran by actual college coaches? What's the old saying - If you can't beat them (and Mike can't) then join them?

I am hoping our new AD will listen to the boosters and he will request(demand) that Mike makes some assistant coaching changes.  maybe one who is a great defensive coach and one is a great recruiter and one is really good at developing a game strategy.  All I see is us trying to beat every team with ONE GAME PLAN fits all teams.    Totally unacceptable. 

RazorPiggie

Quote from: golfinpig on March 16, 2018, 08:16:38 pm
Sadly, nothing is going to change.

Yep and not any school going to hire these jokers away.

STLHogFan

and for heaven sakes start guarding the 3 point line!
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

BigHog396

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 08:31:50 pm
I am hoping our new AD will listen to the boosters and he will request(demand) that Mike makes some assistant coaching changes.  maybe one who is a great defensive coach and one is a great recruiter and one is really good at developing a game strategy.  All I see is us trying to beat every team with ONE GAME PLAN fits all teams.    Totally unacceptable. 
The fact that they don't do any real game planning for their opponents, and only concentrate on the way they want to do things, is one of the biggest problems with this staff.  The reason they cannot make in-game adjustments, is because they don't practice anything except their one type of strategy.  When that doesn't work, there is nothing else to turn to.

What is the definition of insanity???

LJHOG

cal34

Quote from: STLHogFan on March 16, 2018, 10:00:09 pm
and for heaven sakes start guarding the 3 point line!

That's the worst part for me.  Guys trapping & slapping at the ball so they can just throw it to the open guy for the 3.  Then after a few losses Mike finally figures out the problem, wins a few but goes right back to it and we lose.  It's never gonna change.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 16, 2018, 04:55:54 pm
Thank you for agreeing to stay at the U of A!  Your streak of never having a losing season is incredible.  That you are able to recruit one, one and done player every few years has really cemented you as one of the more mediocre recruiters in college basketball.

Could I ask a favor?  Would you mind hiring real assistant coaches and listen to them?  I ask because they are not doing you any good.  You need to realize that your business plan is not working.  You as the CEO need to shake things up in order to see what could be.  I know you cannot be satisfied with your performance in the NCAA?  God knows that Hog fans aren't!  Unless you make changes to your company you will continue to see mediocre play, mediocre coaching and mediocre results in your career.

Sincerely, do something different.  What could it hurt?

What a business plan isn't working after this many years it's time to get a different Planner.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi