Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelly

Started by rtr, October 14, 2017, 07:47:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rtr

Regardless, he has become my favorite Razorback.  Love the attitude.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

RebHog

He is about the only hog up to this point to show some emotion I hope he starts the rest of the year. He is by no means perfect and will make mistakes but BB needs to let him get the experience for our next HC to take him to the next level.

Swinesong1

Refreshing seeing a QB going through progressions and not locking in on one receiver. 

Bkhardicars

I agree. He plays with emotion and he plays smart. He's hard to sack and he gets rid of the ball.So tired of watching Austin hang on trying to make a play and getting killed. GO with Kelley the rest of the year and see what happens.

Tarheelhawg

Love Cole Kelly: 46 yds to Jones and finds Martin in the middle to the three .  A natural born leader with the physical skills to win.  He knows it too. Love his swagger.

RollHogTide

He's going to be GREAT!!!!

He's handling the pressure great and once he is more comfortable, the touch will come.  I look forward to seeing him mature.

dhizzle

I thought when you showed emotion that meant youre a baby? That's what hogville has called Allen. I love that Kelley chewed the refs ass on that last throw. You can't grab with the left hand.

98hogs

Ramble on Barbershop

Been excited to watch this kid.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: dhizzle on October 14, 2017, 07:57:56 pm
I thought when you showed emotion that meant youre a baby? That's what hogville has called Allen. I love that Kelley chewed the refs ass on that last throw. You can't grab with the left hand.

There's a difference between whining and showing emotion

snoot hoggy hog

Roaringboar

Quote from: rtr on October 14, 2017, 07:47:21 pm

Should've been our QB since we lost to A&M, might've actually beaten SC if he had been......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Dark Helmet Hog

moses_007

Guys he did literally nothing until that last series.  Was running for his life every single snap.

The NewEra

Quote from: rtr on October 14, 2017, 07:47:21 pm

The kids got fire in his belly.  That's the type of leadership you can build a winning team around.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: moses_007 on October 14, 2017, 08:05:48 pm
Guys he did literally nothing until that last series.  Was running for his life every single snap.
He had a couple of passes go through receivers hands, he stood strong in the pocket and avoided a couple of sacks, and he didn't turn the ball over.

What were you looking for from a freshman getting his first start in Tuscaloosa behind this oline?
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Cole Kelley gives me hope, regardless of who our Coach is in the future!

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 08:04:03 pm
Should've been our QB since we lost to A&M, might've actually beaten SC if he had been......

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 14, 2017, 08:04:53 pm
Love the kid!
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

farmhawg

Quote from: RebHog on October 14, 2017, 07:49:50 pm
He is about the only hog up to this point to show some emotion I hope he starts the rest of the year. He is by no means perfect and will make mistakes but BB needs to let him get the experience for our next HC to take him to the next level.
I agree, he will lead.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Carl Lazlo

He's a championship caliber qb.

Roaringboar

He's actually throwing catchable passes.....it's the WR's really screwing it up......and unlike Allen he's letting it fly almost every time without giving it over to 'Bama.......Cole is our guy for the next couple of seasons.......I just wish we had an awesome coach to develop him.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Danny J

Everything is easy compared to starting your 1st start at #1 Bama...

Danny J

Got to keep starting him...play Martin more and keep this O line change

dhizzle

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on October 14, 2017, 08:02:21 pm
There's a difference between whining and showing emotion

So chewing out the o lineman that let the defensive line hurt his shoulder so bad he can't play is whinning? What is is he suppose to do? Hey coach Kurt can you teach the guys to block better. You know what's the problem is some of you hogvillians are acting like a bunch hairpies.

atom hog

He's everything AA isn't. Confident and fiery...and has swagger and charisma ... assets we haven't seen on the hill in 6-7 years.

farmhawg

He is a beast, aa would have been sacked right there,
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

atom hog

He's only going to go up from here. He's learning and improving as the game progresses.

bville_hog

cantrell, just side steps the his guy so he can cream the qb?  why does he play?

RebHog

Quote from: Danny J on October 14, 2017, 08:12:17 pm
Got to keep starting him...play Martin more and keep this O line change

East TN HAWG

Quote from: bville_hog on October 14, 2017, 08:17:47 pm
cantrell, just side steps the his guy so he can cream the qb?  why does he play?
I saw that as well. 

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: dhizzle on October 14, 2017, 07:57:56 pm
Positive emotion vs. negative emotion. I would explain it to you but that would require me filling in the holes that your local education system left and I just don't have the time.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

hogfan98

Quote from: bville_hog on October 14, 2017, 08:17:47 pm

A simple chip would've led to a first down completion.

bennyl08

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 14, 2017, 07:52:53 pm
Refreshing seeing a QB going through progressions and not locking in on one receiver.

Welcome to the razorbacks. I'm guessing you were previously a fan of auburn or something. Glad to add another hog to the fan base. While yes you are seeing our backup go through some progressions, if you find that refreshing, our starter is even more skilled at going through progressions and most of our qb's over the past decade have done this pretty well. Tyler Wilson in 2012 being a major exception.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

jjfmetal11

He is a Mean SOB!!!!

Love his Attitude!  Fire Bielema!

leroyhawg

Quote from: Bkhardicars on October 14, 2017, 07:54:57 pm
I agree. He plays with emotion and he plays smart. He's hard to sack and he gets rid of the ball.So tired of watching Austin hang on trying to make a play and getting killed. GO with Kelley the rest of the year and see what happens.
I second that!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

RebHog

Quote from: atom hog on October 14, 2017, 08:14:16 pm
He's everything AA isn't. Confident and fiery...and has swagger and charisma ... assets we haven't seen on the hill in 6-7 years.

I disagree AA started the very same way but its a David Carr effect.He was more care free and gun slinger type attitude then his brother at the start. The last 2 years he sometimes holds the ball to long yes but there have been countless times he got creamed by a totally unblocked defender.  I think Cole should finish the year and AA has every right to thank BB for ruining him with the froholdt experiment last year.

leroyhawg

His first start against #1 team, haha good one

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 14, 2017, 08:04:03 pm
Should have been starter all year, Bielema would have future at Akansas!

Navin Johnson

greenEGnHAWGS

The biggest difference that is really awesome to see is that he's not afraid to get hit. So, he just stands there as the pocket is getting tighter. AA has just been hit so often (as a small guy) that he just is gun shy now.

Good to see him doing well in his first start vs the top defense in the nation.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Tarheelhawg

Steam Boat hurts Buggs on a run.

RebHog

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 14, 2017, 08:22:48 pm
Positive emotion vs. negative emotion. I would explain it to you but that would require me filling in the holes that your local education system left and I just don't have the time.
Boom!!!

Bkhardicars

THICK MALLETT..I really like this kid.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on October 14, 2017, 08:34:29 pm
Steam Boat hurts Buggs on a run.

Awesome run. Wish they'd roll him out more for his designated runs as opposed to going up the gut.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hog of steele

I like this kid.

Also, is it me or did our online figure something out?

Letsroll1200

I like Big Cool Cole Kelly. Let's just give him a new coach.

Zen_Hog

I'm aboard the Cole Kelly bandwagon. He's showing a lot of poise with what he has to work with. The kid has IT

RebHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 14, 2017, 08:31:42 pm
The biggest difference that is really awesome to see is that he's not afraid to get hit. So, he just stands there as the pocket is getting tighter. AA has just been hit so often (as a small guy) that he just is gun shy now.

Good to see him doing well in his first start vs the top defense in the nation.

Remember Austin was hailed throughout most of his first year as this very same thing don't know why people are forgetting this. This year is a different story however the hits have changed him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

It's funny watching Bama player bounce off of him.

Probably the only enjoyable part of this game for me

Tejano Jawg

Can we spell his game right?...Kelley. Or are all the above posts intentional and sarcastic? Kinda hard to tell these days.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Pecos Hog

He's a monster.     What defender in his right mind would try to stop him if Kelly was running with a head of steam.