If you look at your reflection at the bottom of the well
What you see is only on the surface
When you try to see the meaning, hidden underneath
The measure of the depth can be deceiving
The bottom has a rocky reputation!
                      Joe Walsh

hogsanity

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on October 28, 2017, 10:41:01 pm
  Tennessee knows that a solid defense is a necessity in the SEC.

Well, they are right, too bad so many of our fans do not seem to realize this.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

snoot hoggy hog

Smh. A few weeks ago everybody was slobknobbing Petrino and Mike Leach. Now it's Norvall and Campbell. Some of y'all act like you wish you were on that motorcycle with Bobby P. Stop being coach hoes.

RebHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on October 28, 2017, 10:41:50 pm
First coach to lead us to a bcs bowl.
11 was our first top 5 finish since 1977.

Yea......

But but but its been done before!!

Porkchop#1

Quote from: Bonehog on October 28, 2017, 10:27:03 pm
To argue that BP was/is not a good coach is beyond stupid! Look at what he has done over his career. I would take him back in a heartbeat!
And that explains Hogsanity's fascination with the subject.

Tusks

BP's old DC Grantham that is now at MSU has completely turned that D on it's head.  Maybe the best assistant hire in the SEC this season.

They've gone from 84th (pretty sure) in total to 8th as in #8 under Grantham this year.  Don't tell me coaching doesn't matter.  I wish BB would have gotten in on that deal and hired Grantham.  Just not a lot of savvy with that bunch.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Tusks

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on October 28, 2017, 10:47:17 pm
Smh. A few weeks ago everybody was slobknobbing Petrino and Mike Leach. Now it's Norvall and Campbell. Some of y'all act like you wish you were on that motorcycle with Bobby P. Stop being coach hoes.

It's called wanting to WIN.  The hogs are losing at historical levels for the past 5 years and many of us fans are at the end of hope.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Bonehog

So let me get this right, get a great defense and we will beat Bama, AM, Auburn and win the west?  We he## lets do that!  I didn't know it was so easy.
                      Joe Walsh

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on October 28, 2017, 09:42:34 pm
You don't knock some down on the side when it's an employee.  That is how companies have to settle multiple lawsuits when the side meat gets tired of it and files a lawsuit against the company (UA) that allowed it to go on.
the firing of Bobby Petrino DID NOT MITIGATE the UA for damages done to those who interviewed and did not get the job of executive assistant...Jeff Long had to sign off on the hiring...Petrino could not personally get the woman on the UA payroll...I mean, are you that ignorant ? If there were damages done, just because Petrino is in another state working elsewhere did not prevent those who felt wronged to not be able to bring forth civil charges against the UA....to this date, not a single person who participated in the interviews for said job have brought forth any type of litigation against the UA...read before you speak
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 10:12:43 pm
Nice selective data you found there, your bias sour grapes toward BP is clearly showing

Ever notice the same ones that hated Petrino sure do love CBB?
Maybe they just don't like winning.

hogsanity

Quote from: tusked on October 28, 2017, 10:50:40 pm
It's called wanting to WIN.  The hogs are losing at historical levels for the past 5 years and many of us fans are at the end of hope.

The everyone here should be all over wanting Scott Frost. UCF was 0-12 in 2015, then he showed up last year and look where they are now. Yea yea yea, everyone thinks he's going to Neb, but that is not why Hog fans are not all over him.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Bonehog

I think that's it, they want a friend not a winner.
                      Joe Walsh

rzrbkman

bobby petrino is 5-7 in his last 12 games.

hogsanity

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on October 28, 2017, 10:58:23 pm

I do not love CBB, they can fire him tomorrow for all I care, he has shown he is not going to get it done here,

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:01:56 pm
The everyone here should be all over wanting Scott Frost. UCF was 0-12 in 2015, then he showed up last year and look where they are now. Yea yea yea, everyone thinks he's going to Neb, but that is not why Hog fans are not all over him.

Then please tell us why Hog fans are not all over him?  I would be for him, but I don't talk much about him because it sounds like he is going to Nebraska soon. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Bonehog

I think their schedule has something to do with it.
                      Joe Walsh

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 28, 2017, 11:04:13 pm
Then please tell us why Hog fans are not all over him?  I would be for him, but I don't talk much about him because it sounds like he is going to Nebraska soon. 

Because he is not flashy. 238 rushing attempts and only 168 passing attempts. That is why.

I am convinced most here just turn on the scoreboard show every sat night and whatever team scored the most points or had the biggest upset, that is who they think who should be the next coach. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:09:15 pm
Because he is not flashy. 238 rushing attempts and only 168 passing attempts. That is why.

I am convinced most here just turn on the scoreboard show every sat night and whatever team scored the most points or had the biggest upset, that is who they think who should be the next coach. 

I'm big on Campbell because he has taken a program that has been terrible for awhile and has upset 2 top 5 teams and also won on the road against Texas Tech when they were ranked.  Texas Tech isn't good, but he went on the road and pretty much owned them. 

Brohm is another coach I am big on because he is doing a pretty good job at Purdue who again is another terrible program, but he won't be here and really I do not see Campbell being here either.

HiggiePiggy

I don't see any of the top 3 up and comer coaches coming here.  Frost, Campbell or Brohm. Who do I think we might get is Norvell which I am not as big on him as I am the other 3. 

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 28, 2017, 11:14:18 pm
I'm big on Campbell because he has taken a program that has been terrible for awhile and has upset 2 top 5 teams and also won on the road against Texas Tech when they were ranked.  Texas Tech isn't good, but he went on the road and pretty much owned them. 

Brohm is another coach I am big on because he is doing a pretty good job at Purdue who again is another terrible program, but he won't be here and really I do not see Campbell being here either.

I like Campbell because of his background. Massillon Ohio is about as hard nosed defense 1st 3 yards and a cloud of dust you can get though, and hat will not sit well with many of our fans that crave a readoptionrpospreadhunhthirtybubblescreensagame coach.

wildhogman

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 10:30:19 pm
Say what you want to, but with this team he would be chasing Alabama and Auburn in the west. Tell me I am wrong.
He has a Heisman winning QB and all that talent and only ONE conference win this year so far?  How would he be doing anything more then what we are now with a red shirt QB and our WR's who are still learning to get open and actually catch the ball? 
If he doesn't start winning he may not have a job at the end of the year. 

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 09:29:05 pm
What was his record in the SEC?

Trending downwards as the good defenses figured out his gimmicks.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on October 28, 2017, 11:44:38 pm
Trending downwards as the good defenses figured out his gimmicks.

Actually it was back to back 6-2 in the sec. 

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:28:56 pm
Hogs were in the a similar situation in 2006, simply needing to beat LSu and win the seccg to be in the BCS title game.

I have always said BP was a good coach, BUT he did not do anything here that other coaches had not done before him.

???  Heck, I didn't know other coaches had driven their motorcycle, a blonde, & the football program into a ditch at the same time ??
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HawgWyld

Quote from: RazorbacksFTW on October 28, 2017, 10:58:23 pm

Who in this great state still loves Bielema? More importantly, why would any Razorbacks fan love Bielema? Does the fact that he's the most porcine Razorbacks coach in recent memory negate his 11-26 record in the SEC?

husker71

the wording is what bothers me on here. one poster calls him a fantastic coach which I don't agree with.  another poster calls him a good coach which I agree with. in another post someone tried to say he was one of the best coaches of all time and that is ridiculous IMHO.  I think he  is a good coach but a very flawed individual and don't think Tennessee would ever hire him as HC.     

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 29, 2017, 01:04:19 am
Who in this great state still loves Bielema? More importantly, why would any Razorbacks fan love Bielema? Does the fact that he's the most porcine Razorbacks coach in recent memory negate his 11-26 record in the SEC?

It shouldn't as the entire state is ranked 3rd in 2017 obesity rankings (actually Arkansas is tied with Alabama, Mississippi at 2, West Virginia is 1).....  find something else to p!ss & moan about please....

https://stateofobesity.org/states/ar
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DeltaBoy

He needs Willy back coaching D!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 09:32:21 pm
He is a fantastic coach, but what he did to our program he can kiss my phreaking ass.

My sentiments exactly.  He ruined his career.  Is it year four yet at Louisville?  Because four years is all he gives any school...

Athog

Quote from: Bonehog on October 28, 2017, 09:34:57 pm
He did to our program?  He won is what he did. I would never begrudge him for knocking some down on the side.

Your logic speaks volumes about your intelligence. I just bet you wouldn't!

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:11:05 pm
2006/2007 18 wins

2010/2011 21 wins

Wow, what a turn around.

That 2006 team was the one loaded with instate talent.......

Real coach wins NC with that crew......Nutt gets punked by USC
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jm

BP is a great coach but he has proven IMO that he cannot establish a sound program. He will always have great years followed by years that are average at best. As good as he is he simply does not have a consistent focus that yields a consistent team year in and year out. We were in a bind when he got here, he had a couple of really good years, and we were in less than optimal shape when he left.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: checkraiser88 on October 28, 2017, 09:29:05 pm
What was his record in the SEC? And did he lose to Toledo? Thanks, I'll hang up and listen..

17-15. But he did open 2008 with an impressive 4 point win over W Illinois & a 1 point win over ULM.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

FutureMan

With Lamar leaving, they will be even worse next year.  Bobby won't be here for that, though.  He will leave before it all comes crashing down... again.  And Louisville will be left with a terrible team that's under-talented and in disarray.  Just like he left them in 2007, just like he left the Falcons in 2008, just like he left us in 2012...  Serves them right.
"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit."
- E.E. Cummings

hoglady

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:06:46 pm
A Petrino team with no D, that is just not possible.

Well - right now we have a Bielema team with no offense or defense.

Petrino's defense here was better than anything we've seen out of Bielema the last few years.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoglady on October 29, 2017, 08:47:56 am
Well - right now we have a Bielema team with no offense or defense.

Petrino's defense here was better than anything we've seen out of Bielema the last few years.

We realize this. But BP is gone and he's not coming back. He did some great things here. So have other coaches, but that ship has sailed...time to move on.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

lumphog

Quote from: LZH on October 28, 2017, 10:30:19 pm
Say what you want to, but with this team he would be chasing Alabama and Auburn in the west. Tell me I am wrong.
Damb... you're Xactly RIGHT!!!.... This team has talent

jneal56

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 28, 2017, 09:26:13 pm
He lost to Wake Forrest,  with a Heisman Trophy winner.   Wow. 

He's packing for Florida. Give the guy a break.
"At least we are moral"

clutch

Quote from: IronHog on October 29, 2017, 07:37:11 am

That 2006 team was the one loaded with instate talent.......

Real coach wins NC with that crew......Nutt gets punked by USC

The 10/11 teams were absolutely loaded with instate talent as well.

Wright, Adams, Childs, Gragg, Williams, Mallett, Johnson, Greene, Bequette, Franklin, Cobi Hamilton from Texarkana, TX. Just to name a few.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2017, 11:59:36 am

Wright, Adams, Childs, Gragg, Williams, Mallett, Johnson, Greene, Bequette, Franklin, Cobi Hamilton from Texarkana, TX. Just to name a few.
come on Clutch, you know that Mallett and Hamilton played football in Texas...Texarkana is a border town but there is a huge difference in the quality of opponents that THS plays vs what AHS plays...I once saw Mallett bring THS back for the victory against Highland who was quarterbacked by some guy named Matthew Stafford in a little known football arena called Texas Stadium...its like comparing MEAC football to BIG 12 football....not even close

IronHog

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2017, 11:59:36 am

No McFaddens or Andersons on that second list

Nutts entire DL was instaters and GOOD
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: IronHog on October 29, 2017, 01:17:26 pm

No McFaddens or Andersons on that second list

Nutts entire DL was instaters and GOOD
Gary Anderson ?  He was very good but dude is older than I am...if you want a couple of very good Arkansas High players from Texarkana, Arkansas...look no further than Ike Forte and Dennis Johnson

clutch

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 29, 2017, 01:36:24 pm
Gary Anderson ?  He was very good but dude is older than I am...if you want a couple of very good Arkansas High players from Texarkana, Arkansas...look no further than Ike Forte and Dennis Johnson

Think he's talking about Jamal.

clutch

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 29, 2017, 12:44:05 pm
come on Clutch, you know that Mallett and Hamilton played football in Texas...Texarkana is a border town but there is a huge difference in the quality of opponents that THS plays vs what AHS plays...I once saw Mallett bring THS back for the victory against Highland who was quarterbacked by some guy named Matthew Stafford in a little known football arena called Texas Stadium...its like comparing MEAC football to BIG 12 football....not even close

I'm not arguing the quality of football they played in high school. I was just mentioning kids that were from the state of Arkansas, or from a town that is halfway in Arkansas.

That was maybe the best crop of skill position players we've ever collected instate. Very rarely do we have that much homegrown talent on the field at the same time.

LRrazorback

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 10:17:54 pm
Just wondering what the great turnaround was.

A turnaround is what Frost has done at UCF, taking a program that went 0-12 the year before he showed up and being were they are today, or what Campbell is doing at ISU. Taking a program that won 18 games the 2 seasons before you arrived, and then winning 21 games in your 3rd and 4th season is not a turnaroud.

Now what he is in the midst of doing at UL could be a turnaround, after most of Strongs guys left, BP stared to fade.

So CBB should really be winning right?  He took over a team coming off a no. 5 finish two years earlier and a very talented team but only managed 10 wins his first 2 years

HawgWyld

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 29, 2017, 07:12:02 am
It shouldn't as the entire state is ranked 3rd in 2017 obesity rankings (actually Arkansas is tied with Alabama, Mississippi at 2, West Virginia is 1).....  find something else to p!ss & moan about please....

https://stateofobesity.org/states/ar

Who's complaining? The man resembles a hog. That ought to buy him some support.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 29, 2017, 05:30:49 pm
Who's complaining? The man resembles a hog. That ought to buy him some support.

You were definitely complaining or pitching a fit....  below ring any bells?

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 29, 2017, 01:04:19 am
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HawgWyld

Quote from: DLUXHOG on October 29, 2017, 06:56:10 pm
You were definitely complaining or pitching a fit....  below ring any bells?

Nope. Merely explaining. In other words:

1. Bielema sucks as a coach.
2. However, he rather looks like a hog.
3. Because he looks like a hog, perhaps fans are willing to cut him some slack.

Simple, no?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 29, 2017, 09:25:28 pm
Nope. Merely explaining. In other words:

1. Bielema sucks as a coach.
2. However, he rather looks like a hog.
3. Because he looks like a hog, perhaps fans are willing to cut him some slack.

Simple, no?

Better idea.....instead of paying him the buy-out, reassign him within the school.  He could replace Tusk.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 30, 2017, 11:48:21 am
Better idea.....instead of paying him the buy-out, reassign him within the school.  He could replace Tusk.
I hear 2B's loves big green grapes...the only problem is Tusk is going to develop a sudden craving for a double Chivas Regal with a couple of splashes of water and a twist of lime along with a fully sized German Chocolate Cake, no spoon needed, however