Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing I’m sure of

Started by hawgdavis, March 18, 2018, 05:39:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

After watching the tournament as I have for many years you must have good guards but you absolutely have to have a stable of good BIGS. When you have several bigs that are just good they don't have to be great but just good you can put teams away. The tournament is played at such a slow pace it suits teams that have true big men.

hawgdavis

thebignasty

Quote from: hawgdavis on March 18, 2018, 05:39:29 pm
After watching the tournament as I have for many years you must have good guards but you absolutely have to have a stable of good BIGS. When you have several bigs that are just good they don't have to be great but just good you can put teams away. The tournament is played at such a slow pace it suits teams that have true big men.
Auburn doesn't have any depth or any bigs. 

hawgdavis

Quote from: thebignasty on March 18, 2018, 05:40:39 pm
Auburn doesn't have any depth or any bigs. 

And they won't get it done. You can win some game without them but the teams that traditionally win it have good post players. The game of basketball ball regardless of what many think is still won with big men.

hawgdavis

When we won it we had very good to great post play , we would not have done it with out them.

hobhog

Coaching matters. Gameplanning, adjustments, player rotation. They all are as important as the players.

hawgdavis

Quote from: hobhog on March 18, 2018, 05:58:17 pm
Coaching matters. Gameplanning, adjustments, player rotation. They all are as important as the players.

I agree with this but you know what I mean. If you have the bigs and can play through the post on O and have strong interior D on the other end with rebounding at both ends it makes an average coach and game plan look great.

PonderinHog

Dr. Starcs

hawgdavis

I can't believe anybody will try to argue against this. Good bigs=W's