Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremy Pruitt recalls decision to let Jauan Jennings return to Vols: 2 yr thread

Started by jbcarol, November 22, 2017, 11:21:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

SEC Country Vols‏Verified account @SECCountryVols
6h6 hours ago

Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings goes on epic rant against Vols coaching staff in Instagram video http://sec.news/2mQLD5M   #VFL

QuoteDuring previous games, he has not been on the sideline with the team, including last week when he decided to sit in the stands during the Volunteers' loss to LSU.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

3h3 hours ago

Brady Hoke on Jauan Jennings' dismissal: 'I know what the right thing to do is' http://sec.news/2zXR1tn   #VFL
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jesse Simonton‏ @JesseReSimonton
5h5 hours ago

Don't understand the move by Tennessee. Suspend Jauan Jennings and let the new coach handle the ultimate outcome. It was an immature act but many have stuck around for far worse.

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247
14h14 hours ago

Brady Hoke's reception Saturday at Neyland Stadium will be a hostile one now. I guarantee you that.

If Tennessee's administration doesn't understand the wrath it will feel from this decision, it's hopelessly naive. I hope that isn't the case.

Just suspend Jauan Jennings indefinitely and let the new coach handle it. Insane. This is insane.

What was Butch Jones' punishment when he got caught cussing about Tennessee fans on the sideline during a game?

None.  NONE.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on November 22, 2017, 11:21:35 pm
6h6 hours ago

Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings goes on epic rant against Vols coaching staff in Instagram video http://sec.news/2mQLD5M   #VFL

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247
16h16 hours ago

Cliff's notes: Jauan Jennings is happy that Tennessee is getting new football coaches. And he does not like Vanderbilt.

jbcarol

10h10 hours ago

Report: Tennessee's Jauan Jennings left practice after not being allowed to play QB http://sec.news/2mWUG56   #VFL

Ex-QB turned WR.  Vols are down on QBs.

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan
‏Verified account @RyanCallahan247

#Tennessee AD @phillipfulmer says @CoachJPruitt 'still discussing' possible return of former #Vols WR Jauan Jennings: (FREE) http://bit.ly/2qVjVHi  via @SportsRadioWNML

QuoteFirst-year Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer told Knoxville's Sports Radio WNML on Friday that new Vols football coach Jeremy Pruitt and former UT wide receiver Jauan Jennings are "still discussing" Jennings' possible return to the team.

During an appearance on WNML's "Sports Talk," Fulmer hinted that Jennings might get another chance to play for the Vols, saying Pruitt and others are going to "put some parameters around it."

But Fulmer added that it's "up to them right now" on whether it will happen.

"I don't know exactly where it stands right now because he and Jauan are still discussing," Fulmer told the radio station. "I think he's put some parameters around it, and I guess everybody's got to figure out what those are and if they're really going to do it.

"That's up to them right now, and we'll comment on that more when I know more."

Jennings, who suffered a season-ending wrist injury in the first half of Tennessee's season opener Sept. 4 against Georgia Tech, abruptly was dismissed in late November by then-interim coach Brady Hoke and former athletic director John Currie just days before the Vols' season finale against Vanderbilt.

But with Pruitt now the coach and Fulmer having replaced Currie as Tennessee's athletic director, there appears to be a path to Jennings returning.

Pruitt addressed the possibility of Jennings rejoining the team during his press conference Wednesday afternoon.

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Receiver Jauan Jennings might give off the impression he's back on the Tennessee football team — depending on how you interpret his social media posts.

Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer had a different message on Monday.

QuoteFulmer indicated Jennings is not yet back on the team, contrary to reports originating from independent bloggers who do not cover the team on a daily basis.

"As the athletic director, I did my due diligence and job, and the responsibility is on Jeremy, and Jeremy put it back on Jauan," Fulmer said on WNML's Erik Ainge Show on Monday. "[Jennings] has a lot to do to prove that he wants to be on this football team."

Fulmer made it clear it's not a slam dunk Jennings returns with the Vols, either. The Tennessee athletic director explained that Pruitt has put certain prerequisites into place that the star receiver must meet.

"If history has any kind of truth to it, he won't make it, with what he has done before," Fulmer said. "But if he changes and listens and learns, and everything, then he'll get there in the fall. It's up to him. He can't blame any other coaches; it's up to him."

Fulmer made it clear he believes Jennings is worthy of consideration for reinstatement to the team. Jennings is enrolled in classes at Tennessee, as the school chose not to take any action against him for his rant.

kaki

Don't know Pruitt's discipline style, but the Vols have typically been pretty forgiving, if one can play, so I would not be surprised if all is forgiven.  They are pretty much still living in 1998, thinking they are at the top of the food chain.

AirWarren

Quote from: kaki on January 23, 2018, 07:04:42 am
Don't know Pruitt's discipline style, but the Vols have typically been pretty forgiving, if one can play, so I would not be surprised if all is forgiven.  They are pretty much still living in 1998, thinking they are at the top of the food chain.

Couple things. This kid is a thug. Cancer to a team.

Next, we are still living in 1964, lol.

kaki

Quote from: AP85 on January 23, 2018, 10:25:30 am
Couple things. This kid is a thug. Cancer to a team.

Next, we are still living in 1964, lol.
Maybe my choice of description is not to your liking, but I don't think the prevailing attitude with Hog fans is that we are football blue bloods.  Living in Tennessee I hear this from them.   If it were true, it would make it easy to pull the trigger on Jennings, but doubt they will. I remember when Reggie Cobb would be suspended what seemed like  every Spring, but back in time for the season. 

jbcarol

jbcarol

Jennings has made most of second chance thus far and has taken some from the gun with Vols down QBs again.  Update coming.

jbcarol

Some people make the most of second chances

QuoteWhen Tennessee hired Jeremy Pruitt to lead the Volunteer football program, the first-time coach had a lot of fires that needed to be put out following a wild coaching search that had to be revamped in the middle of the coaching search following an abrupt AD switch. The Early Signing Period was also less than two weeks away when Pruitt got the job.

It would have been easy to dismiss one of the items on the agenda but Pruitt wisely chose to consult people in the building when it came to the recently-dismissed Jauan Jennings. Former interim head coach Brady Hoke and former Tennessee AD John Currie decided to dismiss Jennings from the program following a social media outburst from the receiver that was critical of the previous coaching staff during the program's disastrous 2017 season.

Instead of handling the situation, they simply dismissed Jennings.

As Pruitt noted on Monday, there were some that didn't want Jennings to return to Tennessee. Those people are all gone, according to Pruitt.

Tennessee's coach was asked to recall his decision to allow Jennings back on the team soon after his arrival on Rocky Top.

"I asked a lot of people in the building what they thought, most of them that said I wouldn't let him back don't work here anymore. The people that said let him back all work here," Pruitt said on Monday. "When you start talking to the players that play on the team, the Trey Smith's the Daniel Bitiuli's and they say, 'No coach, we want this guy on our team.' I knew enough about those guys in recruiting to know what was right and what was wrong.

"We gave him an opportunity and set out some things that we required him to do and he's done everything that we've asked him to do, everything that we've asked him to do. It goes to show you that when you get second chances, some people make the most of them and Jauan Jennings has made the most of his chance the second time around. He is going to graduate in December, good for him. He has had a great senior year, I know he wants to finish it on a positive note. And he's going to leave his mark on the University of Tennessee – not only as a football player – but as a person, person of character and a leader that has given his all for the University of Tennessee."

jbcarol

SEC Football News@SECfootball
5m5 minutes ago

A'ight: Jauan Jennings does his best Jeremy Pruitt impression during SEC Network appearance

He has come a long way since Brady Hoke and Phil Fulmer's predecessor sent him packing.