Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recent CBB Interview

Started by EulessHog, October 16, 2017, 07:35:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EulessHog

It gets frustrating, but again—there are some guys we recruited three or four years ago that we haven't developed into what they are capable of..."My only regret is that four years ago we didn't recruit the players we needed and, well, we haven't recruited well in any class."

A coach is only gonna coach when a coach is gonna coach.  If the players aren't around when a coach is coaching, then the players don't get coached.  And, again, if we just had recruited well the last four years.  Anyway, I like the guys' attitude."

"I told our guys on Sunday night if I've ever been around a team that can change their path in a very short fashion, it's these guys right here and right now. We just need to coordinate our schedules so that  they are around when we feel like coaching.  They've lost an overtime game, they lost a TCU game that went right down to the wire and [against South Carolina] there were in the third quarter of a game that got completely out of control.  Sounds like any other game we played going back to second half of last year.

Woulda shoulda coulda – I get it. Everybody's gonna have commentary – I get it. But they really, truly are a team that is not very far away from being where they need to be.  They just need to be around
Go Hogs Go!

jst01

I'm confused where the quotes stop and your input starts?? Edit needed

Poker_hog

Bert also likes to say you recruit your own problems. 
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

hoglady

I'm lost.
I didn't see anything in that quote from BB that the players weren't at practice to be coached - just they need to coordinate their schedules so they are around when the coaches feel like coaching????
I guess I'm missing the point.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HognotinMemphis

"My only regret is that four years ago we didn't recruit the players we needed and, well, we haven't recruited well in any class."

I cannot believe he said this out loud to a reporter.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hoglady

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 16, 2017, 07:47:18 pm
"My only regret is that four years ago we didn’t recruit the players we needed and, well, we haven’t recruited well in any class.”

Yep - this is what we're paying $4 million a year for.
Everyone is all upset with Allen for his attitude - sounds like the Head Hog needs an attitude adjustment.
You might say something like that during the off season but surprised to hear it in the middle of the season.
Sounds like a coach who knows he's toast.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TeufelHog

I'm calling BS without a source.

farmhawg

"My only regret is that four years ago we didn't recruit the players we needed and, well, we haven't recruited well in any class."

He is a loser.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

onebadrubi

His destruction of this Oline and jolly crap game he's playing with some players is the breaking point for me.  I have him leeway with the oline till we saw them just get demolished, then to see him make this change this past weekend and it look worlds different, he should have known that before the end of August.  Blame it on whatever, I just don't think he will get it done.  We are seeing some really poor attempts at getting skill players in position to achieve.  I dogged Chaney for this, we saw DRASTIC change in Enid first year or two, but now we just look lost.  The game is moving too fast for this support staff, unfortunately. 

PonderinHog

presidenthog

Quote from: EulessHog on October 16, 2017, 07:35:00 pm
It gets frustrating, but again—there are some guys we recruited three or four years ago that we haven't developed into what they are capable of..."My only regret is that four years ago we didn't recruit the players we needed and, well, we haven't recruited well in any class."

A coach is only gonna coach when a coach is gonna coach.  If the players aren't around when a coach is coaching, then the players don't get coached.  And, again, if we just had recruited well the last four years.  Anyway, I like the guys' attitude."

"I told our guys on Sunday night if I've ever been around a team that can change their path in a very short fashion, it's these guys right here and right now. We just need to coordinate our schedules so that  they are around when we feel like coaching.  They've lost an overtime game, they lost a TCU game that went right down to the wire and [against South Carolina] there were in the third quarter of a game that got completely out of control.  Sounds like any other game we played going back to second half of last year.

Woulda shoulda coulda – I get it. Everybody's gonna have commentary – I get it. But they really, truly are a team that is not very far away from being where they need to be.  They just need to be around

I need to see where this came from. If this is legit it is crazy how candid he is being about his failure.

What is worse is him blaming the players not meeting thier schedule. No you should be going out of your way to make sure you coach them you fat reject. Sec coaches work overtime. It's obvious this guy does not.

wachhog

If he said this, our poor coach should be in concussion protocol, because he surely is not thinking clearly.

HawgPound

I would be interested in reading this interview. Link OP?

Okay... ...nevermind. I think this is as close as I can find. OP. You quoting out of context?

"It gets frustrating, but again—there are some guys we recruited three or four years ago who haven't developed into what we want them to be..."My only regret is that four years ago we didn't make the decision to recruit two more (in the O-line) in each class."

Here is a link to the closet I can find of what OP posted.

http://www.bestofarkansassports.com/7151-2/

Roaringboar

I can, Bert's about an idiot........Bert's pressers have been a joke since he broke down into tears at the A&M game.....maybe I am being overly harsh, but when was the last time you saw a coach cry like that.....I mean, he turned into a blubbering mess........wth????????
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

island hog

Fake friggin news by a non-Hog fan.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 09:22:57 pm
I can, Bert's about an idiot........Bert's pressers have been a joke since he broke down into tears at the A&M game.....maybe I am being overly harsh, but when was the last time you saw a coach cry like that.....I mean, he turned into a blubbering mess........wth????????

Those tears are really sticking in your craw huh...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 09:22:57 pm
https://m.ranker.com/list/videos-of-coaches-crying/sportsyeah

Roaringboar

Quote from: HawgPound on October 16, 2017, 09:14:50 pm
I would be interested in reading this interview. Link OP?

Okay... ...nevermind. I think this is as close as I can find. OP. You quoting out of context?

"It gets frustrating, but again—there are some guys we recruited three or four years ago who haven't developed into what we want them to be..."My only regret is that four years ago we didn't make the decision to recruit two more (in the O-line) in each class."

Here is a link to the closet I can find of what OP posted.

http://www.bestofarkansassports.com/7151-2/

Either way it's still bad, because he's saying, "Yeah, some of our talent just isn't turning to be out as good as we thought they would be"......that can only be because of three reasons......

1) Players are lazy and just not trying......if that's the case, why aren't we cutting them and bringing in players who will actually try

2) Coaches recruited the WRONG players who weren't really that good.....this is what the OP is saying because basically Bert here is saying, "Yup, they aren't as good as we thought they were.....my bad....."

3) The coaching staff sucks at developing the talent they went recruiting after.........my personal belief that it's both 2 and 3.....and really, Bert has said everything the OP has said......if his talent isn't turning out the way he thought it would and he should've signed more players that means he's saying, "Yeah, I got the wrong players....Wish I'd got the right ones though".......that's just STUPID!!!!! I've never heard a coach get up and say about himself, "Yeah we just suck at scouting future prospects I guess".......

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 09:38:47 pm
https://m.ranker.com/list/videos-of-coaches-crying/sportsyeah

Calipari's was a goodbye after leaving a program he'd built up......

Cuban's was during his Franchise star's player winning the MVP award....

Meyer was passionate about a player he'd been coaching he felt had impacted his life.....Tim Tebow....

So to sum up my point instead of breaking down each of these vids, none of these coaches/owners cried because, "It just sucks cause we want to win more games...."  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

HawgPound

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 09:40:25 pm
Either way it's still bad, because he's saying, "Yeah, some of our talent just isn't turning to be out as good as we thought they would be"......that can only be because of three reasons......

1) Players are lazy and just not trying......if that's the case, why aren't we cutting them and bringing in players who will actually try

2) Coaches recruited the WRONG players who weren't really that good.....this is what the OP is saying because basically Bert here is saying, "Yup, they aren't as good as we thought they were.....my bad....."

3) The coaching staff sucks at developing the talent they went recruiting after.........my personal belief that it's both 2 and 3.....and really, Bert has said everything the OP has said......if his talent isn't turning out the way he thought it would and he should've signed more players that means he's saying, "Yeah, I got the wrong players....Wish I'd got the right ones though".......that's just STUPID!!!!! I've never heard a coach get up and say about himself, "Yeah we just suck at scouting future prospects I guess".......

Unless OP has a different link with his quotes it is all BS. You can justify it any way you want but that does not change what it is.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 09:46:38 pm
Calipari's was a goodbye after leaving a program he'd built up......

Cuban's was during his Franchise star's player winning the MVP award....

Meyer was passionate about a player he'd been coaching he felt had impacted his life.....Tim Tebow....

So to sum up my point instead of breaking down each of these vids, none of these coaches/owners cried because, "It just sucks cause we want to win more games...."  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
It's being hurt or happy for players.  You only see CBB in W/L.  They spend every day with those kids and it hurts coaches to know that their players are hurting.  Jump on it all you want, but it's not him crying just bc he wants to win more.

Roaringboar

Quote from: HawgPound on October 16, 2017, 09:51:20 pm
Unless OP has a different link with his quotes it is all BS. You can justify it any way you want but that does not change what it is.

Would post the link, but no matter how many times you listen to it, all of the supporters are going to say, "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANT!!!!"

factchecker

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:07:19 pm
Would post the link, but no matter how many times you listen to it, all of the supporters are going to say, "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANT!!!!"

You had a link posted..... why did you remove it?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Anybody have the interview with these EXACT quotes?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greenEGnHAWGS

So what you're saying is that ONLY negative comments are welcomed on this board. Gotcha. If someone has a neutral response to a CBB presser, then they are simply too stupid to listen to it and be rational. Ha ha...ok.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

factchecker

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 16, 2017, 10:18:50 pm
So what you're saying is that ONLY negative comments are welcomed on this board. Gotcha. If someone has a neutral response to a CBB presser, then they are simply too stupid to listen to it and be rational. Ha ha...ok.

He had a link posted then quickly removed it for some weird reason.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

BadHog

So this is fake news or what? Why is it not in the trash can? That is some major trash talk if BB really said that.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

factchecker

Quote from: BadHog on October 16, 2017, 10:24:56 pm
So this is fake news or what? Why is it not in the trash can? That is some major trash talk if BB really said that.

That's what I want to know.

I'd really like to see a link to the article or video this is coming from....
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Roaringboar

Quote from: factchecker on October 16, 2017, 10:22:58 pm
He had a link posted then quickly removed it for some weird reason.

I just posted today's presser, you can go watch it on youtube if you want.....I just don't see the point in posting it when I know everyone is going to scream and rant how Bert didn't mean any of the B.S. he said even though it plainly slipped out of his mouth.....I don't know what happend in that Bielema game, but it's unsettling to see all of these Bielema supporters out full force and defending him after getting bashed around like a rag-doll by Bama.......If Bert got up and said, "Hey guys, go eat dog-crap, it tastes like cookie-dough" you'd have some of us up on here saying, "Yup, moron" while the supporters and defenders would go.....
"Should we try that with ice cream too coach????????"

rzrbackramsfan

This is slander or libel, I can't remember which one. 

factchecker

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:27:18 pm
I just posted today's presser, you can go watch it on youtube if you want.....I just don't see the point in posting it when I know everyone is going to scream and rant how Bert didn't mean any of the B.S. he said even though it plainly slipped out of his mouth.....I don't know what happend in that Bielema game, but it's unsettling to see all of these Bielema supporters out full force and defending him after getting bashed around like a rag-doll by Bama.......If Bert got up and said, "Hey guys, go eat dog-crap, it tastes like cookie-dough" you'd have some of us up on here saying, "Yup, moron" while the supporters and defenders would go.....

So the quotes above are in today's press conference?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Here is today's press conference:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greenEGnHAWGS

*snickers* Yeah...the positive people are overrunning HV, huh...

Roaringboar

Roaringboar

factchecker

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:40:52 pm
And here's the story.....

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-kurt-anderson-offensive-line

That story does not match up with today's press conference.....

The article you cited was written 6 days ago.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

October 16, 2017, 10:44:36 pm #36 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:19:28 pm by factchecker
Where is this quote from?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:42:25 pm
You can all mull over what your hero Bert said about how this is his players fault, not his.....

So...did you listen to the whole PC and then read more than the headlines of that article (written 6 days ago)...?

Roaringboar

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 16, 2017, 10:46:52 pm
So...did you listen to the whole PC and then read more than the headlines of that article (written 6 days ago)...?

I read that article when it first came out.....got it mixed up with the PC.....my mistake because I've been discussing both tonight......for that I will say I screwed up saying this quote was in the PC......but he did say it....and it was in the article.......he said it, and it's still up so apparently this isn't a load of crap because SEC country is a widely respected sports media outlet.......so........again......it just proves Bert isn't the wonderful guy you all try to make him out to be.....he went to this reporter and said blamed our players for the faults of the O-line.......that's just a fact I'm afraid.....

Roaringboar

Quote from: factchecker on October 16, 2017, 10:43:10 pm
That story does not match up with today's press conference.....

The article you cited was written 6 days ago.

I mixed the two up.....that was my mistake, but here's the evidence everyone wanted.....read it, cry about it if you must, but there's the proof that the OP isn't full of it......

HawgPound

I don't care about what anyone thinks Bielema meant by anything he said. If OP is posting incorrect quotes then it is BS. You don't change a quote to fit an agenda.

factchecker

October 16, 2017, 10:54:17 pm #41 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:19:00 pm by factchecker
Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:52:17 pm
I mixed the two up.....that was my mistake, but here's the evidence everyone wanted.....read it, cry about it if you must, but there's the proof that the OP isn't full of it......

This quote wasn't in the article:

Where is it from?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greenEGnHAWGS

I mean...plainly...lol

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hoglady on October 16, 2017, 07:51:50 pm
Yep - this is what we're paying $4 million a year for.
Sounds like a coach who knows he's toast.

After the SC game, I thought Bielema knew he was gone.  Given this quote, I know it is so.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Roaringboar

Quote from: factchecker on October 16, 2017, 10:54:17 pm
This quote wasn't in the article:

Where is it from?

"I think, obviously, a coach is only going to be allowed to coach at a level of what his personnel is," Bielema said. "It gets frustrating, but I think there's some guys we recruited three or four years ago that just haven't developed into what we want them to be."

"The only regret I had was probably three years ago, four years ago, if I would have signed two more guys in each class," Bielema said. "Just because the numbers we had used didn't give us the depth we need now, especially when some guys early departed."

"If they were the best opportunity for us to be in there, they would be in there," Bielema said.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-kurt-anderson-offensive-line

This is all in the article, read it yourself......this reporter is from SEC country, they are a large, respected SEC media outlet, and they reported a story that has yet to be retracted or challenged......it's because Bielema said it, and it's not news because guys like Leach say crap like that all of the time....he's not the first and he won't be the last, but he did say it......don't blame me if you can't believe your own eyes......

Roaringboar

Quote from: HawgPound on October 16, 2017, 10:52:37 pm
I don't care about what anyone thinks Bielema meant by anything he said. If OP is posting incorrect quotes then it is BS. You don't change a quote to fit an agenda.

OP didn't break the story, and SEC Country official sports reporter did......

factchecker

October 16, 2017, 10:59:20 pm #46 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:18:36 pm by factchecker
Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:57:02 pm
"I think, obviously, a coach is only going to be allowed to coach at a level of what his personnel is," Bielema said. "It gets frustrating, but I think there's some guys we recruited three or four years ago that just haven't developed into what we want them to be."

"The only regret I had was probably three years ago, four years ago, if I would have signed two more guys in each class," Bielema said. "Just because the numbers we had used didn't give us the depth we need now, especially when some guys early departed."

"If they were the best opportunity for us to be in there, they would be in there," Bielema said.

This is all in the article, read it yourself......this reporter is from SEC country, they are a large, respected SEC media outlet, and they reported a story that has yet to be retracted or challenged......it's because Bielema said it, and it's not news because guys like Leach say crap like that all of the time....he's not the first and he won't be the last, but he did say it......don't blame me if you can't believe your own eyes......

Quit avoiding the question.

This quote -

Is not in the article....

Where is it from?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:58:05 pm
OP didn't break the story, and SEC Country official sports reporter did......

I've read the article and some of the quotes are there but not all of them.

I'm pretty sure Trent Shadid wouldn't appreciate people misquoting his article.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:40:52 pm
And here's the story.....

That is revealing. He's now blaming it on the O line personnel that HE recruited. Come on. This is getting very snowflaky.

JaketheSnake

So last week there was a thread bashing CBB for splitting reps between CK and TS.  He clearly states that CK took all the reps with the first team O.

CBB states that all positions and coaches need to do better.

The quote about regrets is not in today's presser.