Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uhhhh...Macon tweet

Started by batmanfan, April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:15:01 pm
Because different people make different decisions.simple as that.players leaving is nothing new.and nothing a coach can do about it.get excited about CJ Jones.

FCJ, my man, our five (six if Barford leaves) biggest players we have had in the MA era have decided not to come back. That doesn't happen to other teams. That's on the coach.

BJ Young
Marshawn Powell
Mike Qualls
Bobby Portis
Daryl Macon
(Barford tbd)

Letsroll1200

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 09:10:02 pm
It certainly doesn't help, but I got the impression that Macon wasn't happy with his role most of the season.

When you're not on the NBA radar you have to be coachable and a good teammate. I'm not saying that Macon wasn't but he did say things changed when he started listening to the coaches. I wish him well and hopes he succeed in the future. Barford will be back and some other perimeter guys have to step up.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:17:48 pm
FCJ, my man, our five (six if Barford leaves) biggest players we have had in the MA era have decided not to come back. That doesn't happen to other teams. That's on the coach.

Find something against MA. Nice try

PorkRinds

I wish there was a screen cap of the tweet since it's gone now.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: rhames on April 14, 2017, 09:10:34 pm

They were just going off of his tweet.

No, they said they confirmed with sources.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 09:15:33 pm
C.J. Jones can be but he isn't going to go from hardly playing meaningful action to being better than Macon immediately. That's just not going to happen. Macon was/is a big time player for the Hogs. We hope Jones will be. I'm hoping Macon might have come to his senses now that he deleted the tweet.
How do you know this? remember early last season some of you were saying the Juco guys were not that good.and the Hogs could not make the Dance with so many Jucos.CJ has been in the program a full year.and the talent is there for him to be an outstanding player.

TebowHater

Hawg Red

Quote from: Hog Pharm on April 14, 2017, 09:19:05 pm

They've deleted their posting as well....

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Hog Pharm on April 14, 2017, 09:19:05 pm

Which has been deleted/taken down too...Soooo.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:21:13 pm
How do you know this? remember early last season some of you were saying the Juco guys were not that good.and the Hogs could not make the Dance with so many Jucos.CJ has been in the program a full year.and the talent is there for him to be an outstanding player.

Wasn't me, bub. My post history shows that I expected Barford and Macon to be good from the get-go. Try that on someone else.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 14, 2017, 09:18:53 pm
Find something against MA. Nice try
He keeps trying,and he keeps failing.remember these were the same folks who said Hogs would not make the Dance.and that Mike would be fired at the end of the year.how did that work out for them.

batmanfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 09:22:18 pm
They've deleted their posting as well....

Lol. This is getting funny.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:22:10 pm
https://twitter.com/Mary_Dunleavy/status/853070563979522048/photo/1

That's hardly definitive.  Maybe Macon is just trolling? If so not a good look, but it certainly didn't say "I'm not coming back".

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 14, 2017, 09:23:04 pm
Which has been deleted/taken down too...Soooo.

A retraction! There is hope

ShadowHawg

BJ Young
Marshawn Powell
Mike Qualls
Bobby Portis
Daryl Macon
(Barford tbd)

Powell had graduated.

Qualls would have been drafted had he not blown his knee out in a pre draft workout.

Young was always a head case which is why he had very few big time offers despite his recruiting rankings.  MA didn't even recruit him at Mizzou.

Who knows with Macon.

But what you are not seeing is that each situation was different. There aren't any one size fits all solutions like you are implying.

By the way, Kingsley stayed just last season. Just sayin'

TebowHater

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:23:50 pm
He keeps trying,and he keeps failing.remember these were the same folks who said Hogs would not make the Dance.and that Mike would be fired at the end of the year.how did that work out for them.

I didn't say MA would be fired. If you want us to get to the next level, still think he should be. He won't get it done for this exact reason. Two weeks after the season he hadn't even met with these guys. Bielema has meetings set up before the games even happen. Attention to detail is not something MA possesses.

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2017, 09:24:28 pm
That's hardly definitive.  Maybe Macon is just trolling? If so not a good look, but it certainly didn't say "I'm not coming back".

That's how I feel too. I don't think he meant it as a farewell but a "Just in case"

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

HawgnCorona

I think I will just stick with the official report. He and Barford have entered their names but  have not select agent.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

PorkRinds

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:25:08 pm
I didn't say MA would be fired. If you want us to get to the next level, still think he should be. He won't get it done for this exact reason. Two weeks after the season he hadn't even met with these guys. Bielema has meetings set up before the games even happen. Attention to detail is not something MA possesses.

Wait. How are you privy to what and when coach Anderson meets with players?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 09:23:50 pm

Any sign of adversity in the program they show up. MA will shut them up again.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rhames on April 14, 2017, 09:26:40 pm

That's how I feel too. I don't think he meant it as a farewell but a "Just in case"

Yep a "We will see what happens moving forward" kind of thing.

Bkhardicars

If he's gone, I wish him well.But man, I'm afraid he's making a major mistake..Hope Thurman can convince him it's not a good move...

rhames

Quote from: HawgnCorona on April 14, 2017, 09:26:59 pm
I think I will just stick with the official report. He and Barford have entered their names but  have not select agent.

Indeed

Why the news today if he just was going to say he wasn't coming back 8 hours later. Which he didn't do. I think this was meant as a "Just in case this is the end, thanks" type of deal.

ShadowHawg

As go the Hogs, so go the days of our lives....

TebowHater

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 09:25:03 pm
Powell had graduated.

Qualls would have been drafted had he not blown his knee out in a pretty draft workout.

Young was always a head case which is why he had very few big time offers despite his recruiting rankings.  MA didn't even recruit him at Mizzou.

Who knows with Macon.

But what you are not seeing is that each situation was different. There aren't any one size fits all solutions like you are implying.

By the way, Kingsley stayed just last season. Just sayin'

Powell was a junior, graduated or not.

I don't discount Qualls would have been drafted. A lot of guys that would be drafted in first round (much less second round like Qualls) still come back.

Agree, BJ isn't the biggest deal

All I am saying is look at UNC with Jackson and Berry, USCe with Thornwell, etc...you cannot refute that you need guys to come back to get to the next level

Hawg Red

I picked up on that as well. He did not clearly state that he was leaving. We can cling to that and the deleted tweet for now. Maybe Twitter was hacked? We need him back and I feel like he will grow to regret if he leaves this last season on the table. He's not an NBA prospect right now and overseas will be there next year. Just have to hope it's not grades/unhappy with role/hates school/etc. He can have a special year next year and really raise his overall (not just NBA) profile.

TebowHater

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 14, 2017, 09:27:10 pm
Wait. How are you privy to what and when coach Anderson meets with players?

He was asked in a PC. He answered "I haven't even talked to those guys yet"

HOGINTENNESSEE

That doesn't happen to other teams.

It does happen to other teams. Billy D had similar issues of player going to Europe

TeufelHog

If true, this is COMICAL, . . . only at Arkansas.  Who advises these athletes on their talent, physical attributes, maturity, and draft stock?  Wish him the best, but this has "MISTAKE" written all over it.  While "we" obviously do not have all the facts/considerations behind his decision "calculus," I think he will regret his decision to leave early.  Considering his competition on the court this year NCAA wide, put me in the "he definitely needs another year" to mature mentally/grow physically before entering the NBA . . . that is . . . -IF- he gets a shot to enter the NBA.  Best of luck young man.  Thanks for the effort and memories this past year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I don't think he was trolling. I think he feels the Tweet was twisted into something it wasn't meant be. So he took it down

TebowHater

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 14, 2017, 09:30:13 pm
It does happen to other teams. Billy D had similar issues of player going to Europe

Sorry, other teams that win / are in the Final Four. When it happened to Billy D, they, too, struggled

Letsroll1200

Regardless it's not a good look for Macon professionally or if he returns to the team. Some guys just don't like school. Macon did go Juco out of high school.
I watch every game and the biggest area of improvement that Daryl need on the court is body language and maturity.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:29:16 pm
Powell was a junior, graduated or not.

I don't discount Qualls would have been drafted. A lot of guys that would be drafted in first round (much less second round like Qualls) still come back.

Agree, BJ isn't the biggest deal

All I am saying is look at UNC with Jackson and Berry, USCe with Thornwell, etc...you cannot refute that you need guys to come back to get to the next level

Powell realized that he was not nba talent and was tired of school. Please tell me how you convince him to stay.

Qualls got hot late in the season. His decision actually made sense at the time.

I think Portis is the one who should have stayed and lost money going when he did even though he was a solid first rounder.

I have been around Justin Jackson since he was in 9th grade. He is an old soul. Basketball isn't his life. One of the few kids these days who understands he can be in the UNC hall of fame but not the NBA hof and values college life over a short stint in the league.

How come you didn't mention Moses?

lynbug

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 09:16:52 pm
What will you check down to if C.J. Jones transfers?

You can't hide from losing Macon hurting the Hogs for next season. That's a fool's stance.
Yeah, this is getting very old....someone mentioned "two steps forward, two steps back".....it feels like one step forward and two back.  It's always something.  I may be wrong but it seemed like Macon's  demeanor changed when he lost his starting role.  And, once again, we have a situation where several bench dwellers this year will need to spring to life next year with very little experience. 

rhames

I'm just going to forget about this and get back to watching The Last Jedi trailer over and over.

Hog Pharm

BigoBoys

If he goes good for him, if he stays good for us!

TebowHater

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 09:40:47 pm
Powell realized that he was not nba talent and was tired of school. Please tell me how you convince him to stay.

Qualls got hot late in the season. His decision actually made sense at the time.

I think Portis is the one who should have stayed and lost money going when he did even though he was a solid first rounder.

I have been around Justin Jackson since he was in 9th grade. He is an old soul. Basketball isn't his life. One of the few kids these days who understands he can be in the UNC hall of fame but not the NBA hof and values college life over a short stint in the league.

How come you didn't mention Moses?

The fact you said Qualls' decision made sense makes you lose just about all credibility. Go look at the board when he made that decision, it was pretty much consensus that it was not wise.

As for Moses, I think he is the 7th best player of that group. HOWEVER, I will 100% agree that if he doesn't come back, we win less than 20 games this year. So to that end, my point stands. To have good years, you have to have your good (but not lottery pick) players come back.

We will count Moses. Sadly, 1/7 isn't good enough. But the 1 did make for a great year. If we want consistency we need that every year.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 14, 2017, 09:42:47 pm
https://twitter.com/meangene413/status/853075457583046657

Is this source as good as the sources Gene cited in the now deleted article confirming Macon was gone?

code red

Holy Cow this will be devistating....Barford too?  That's what you get recruiting JC.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 14, 2017, 08:53:53 pm
Hogs will be in the Dance again next year.we have a chance to add even more 4 stars to the 2017 class.this program has tured the corner and will be strong for years under Mike Anderson.remember what i told you guys after the losses to Mizzo and Vandy,when a lot of you wanted Mike fired?i was right then. and i will be right again.the Hogs will be fine next year.just sit back and enjoy.
Sorry disagree this kills our chances.  Mike's style takes a while to get used to.  Next year will be hard to watch.  Who is gonna score?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Letsroll1200

Quote from: code red on April 14, 2017, 10:01:47 pm
Holy Cow this will be devistating....Barford too?  That's what you get recruiting JC.

Welcome back

forrest city joe

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:25:08 pm
Different day,same crap from haters like you.nothing new to see here. you thought after Mizzo that it was over for Mike. and he made you look like a fool. you lost,so move on.

forrest city joe

Quote from: lynbug on April 14, 2017, 09:44:28 pm
Yeah, this is getting very old....someone mentioned "two steps forward, two steps back".....it feels like one step forward and two back.  It's always something.  I may be wrong but it seemed like Macon's  demeanor changed when he lost his starting role.  And, once again, we have a situation where several bench dwellers this year will need to spring to life next year with very little experience. 
Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here a long time.you haters can reach for whatever you want.Mike is here to stay.so get use to it.

code red

ShadowHawg

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:54:49 pm
The fact you said Qualls' decision made sense makes you lose just about all credibility. Go look at the board when he made that decision, it was pretty much consensus that it was not wise.

As for Moses, I think he is the 7th best player of that group. HOWEVER, I will 100% agree that if he doesn't come back, we win less than 20 games this year. So to that end, my point stands. To have good years, you have to have your good (but not lottery pick) players come back.

We will count Moses. Sadly, 1/7 isn't good enough. But the 1 did make for a great year. If we want consistency we need that every year.

LOL.

It says something about you that you take the uneducated opinions of people on this board instead of researching for yourself. Mock drafts are everywhere if you care to look.

If you and the geniuses on the board had looked at any when Qualls left you would have seen he was a solid second round pick who had moved from not even being on the board at the start of the season to being just outside the first round on some mock drafts with an outside chance of being late first round with some good team workouts.

I don't recall the posts about Qualls had better stay or he will blow his knee out. Kind of reminds me of the Christmas movie where they keep telling the kid he will shoot his eye out if he gets a bb gun.

I think the hater part of your handle fits you though. For a minute I thought I was going to have a genuine conversation.

Rome26

Quote from: TebowHater on April 14, 2017, 09:54:49 pm

Qualls decision to leave early was really bad. He was a border line prospect who could have solidly positioned himself with another year.

code red

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Macon-Barford-announce-decision-regarding-2017-NBA-Draft-status-52307351?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170414_150256_Arkansas%20Razorbacks&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=D8-52-B7-BD-BF-A4-08-D7-F4-4C-B3-F8-96-6B-20-42170414_150256ArkansasRazorbacks