Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Expansion

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, February 28, 2017, 01:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 20, 2017, 05:15:28 pm
The new NWA airport was delayed and almost didn't get built because of that type of nonsense. We studied it in business class at the UA.

Pesky nature.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 1highhog on March 20, 2017, 05:54:13 pm

As ICEMAN pointed out, they do have plans to complete the NEZ, and it's supposed to be started in 5 years once all the funding is there for the project.  I can tell you what I heard they're planning on doing with that empty space.  ICEMAN is on the right track with what he heard, it will be a fully enclosed glassed structure with columns that's a members only, "private club" area.  It will have tables and chairs spread out facing the pool and the field.  That's right, I said pool. It's supposed to be and oval shaped heated pool.  They will have local food and beer venders up there available to those with that have a membership for that area.  This is not including those who have luxury boxes, only for those who will be sitting the entire game time in that designated area.  But with it being 5 years away, it could change many times before then.
great, good ole merican income disparity on parade. i'll pass
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hobhog on March 20, 2017, 11:15:20 pm
Pesky nature.

I have no problem with that but sometimes lets take ALL of nature in consideration and humans are a part of nature as well. It's not like they built a nuclear material waste dump...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on March 20, 2017, 11:44:44 pm

All the economies in the whole WORLD has income disparity.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

riccoar

Don't fret, they have plans for Project Snowflake.  I heard there will be a smaller domed area.  The dome will be made of recycled plastic and seats constructed from recycled pallets.  It will have it's own 100% organic concessions.  Suppose to seat about 30 people.

Pork Twain

I believe this happens at almost every sporting venue in the world.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: riccoar on March 21, 2017, 06:52:17 am
Don't fret, they have plans for Project Snowflake.  I heard there will be a smaller domed area.  The dome will be made of recycled plastic and seats constructed from recycled pallets.  It will have it's own 100% organic concessions.  Suppose to seat about 30 people.
:)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ThisTeetsTaken

Don't worry. I hear they are constructing an area just for communists like yourself.   I hear everything is free and everyone has an equally poor view of the field.  Only downside is if you don't agree with the university politically, you get shot. 

By the way, since you don't like this country I hear Cuba has some openings.   Maybe you could take a boat there?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

sooie dog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 21, 2017, 08:15:56 am
Don't worry. I hear they are constructing an area just for communists like yourself.   I hear everything is free and everyone has an equally poor view of the field.  Only downside is if you don't agree with the university politically, you get shot. 

By the way, since you don't like this country I hear Cuba has some openings.   Maybe you could take a boat there?

This great! Tell it like it is.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Thats quite the reversal.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Another update on the stadium.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

More cement has been laid, especially to the far left, which was just dirt this time last week. We now have an outline of the NEZ more or less

goodguytex

It's so cool watching it take shape day by day. I remember when Jerry's world was being built in Arlington... There were also live 24/7 camera feeds showing all the work being done, from land clearing to foundation to construction to putting in the seats. It was awesome to watch.

This isn't on as big a scale, but it's still fascinating.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 12:27:34 pm
It's so cool watching it take shape day by day. I remember when Jerry's world was being built in Arlington... There were also live 24/7 camera feeds showing all the work being done, from land clearing to foundation to construction to putting in the seats. It was awesome to watch.

Totally agreed. Really really neat, love this stuff.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

010HogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 17, 2017, 11:13:57 am
Imagine this, but the red being filled in better and a little lighter.

Yuck

cityhog

Quote from: riccoar on March 21, 2017, 06:52:17 am

Snowflake sure has come a long way since 1860:

the earliest use of snowflake as an epithet: Early 1860s in Missouri, as the Civil War began and citizens battled over whether or not slavery should continue within the state. "A snowflake was a person who was opposed to the abolition of slavery," Brewster said. "They were called snowflakes because it said they valued white people over black people."

FraggleHog

Just a random thought, but I wonder where they are currently storing all of the trophies and memorabilia from the BAC museum while construction is going on... I can't imagine they just have it stuffed in a closet in the bowels of DWRRS or something.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 24, 2017, 12:50:39 pm
Just a random thought, but I wonder where they are currently storing all of the trophies and memorabilia from the BAC museum while construction is going on... I can't imagine they just have it stuffed in a closet in the bowels of DWRRS or something.

I'm sure the spectral head of Darrell Royal is watching over them for safekeeping, somewhere in those bowels.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

I think they moved everything to BWA, of course, they left stuff in closets when the move from Barnhill occurred.

GuvHog

They built a new Museum in the New football complex some time ago.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LZH

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 12:27:34 pm

Good thing nothing like this has happened....lucky guys.  Check out the 1:10 mark.

tophawg19

Quote from: factchecker on March 02, 2017, 10:20:04 am
Nah..... it's the people who bitch but never contribute a dime to the program (majority of Hogville) that keep things running.
you know those people sitting at home watching are why we have those big SEC T.V contracts , So yeah everyone contributes . Maybe not the millions like you though . Kind of ironic , you bitching about others bitching . You started out as a good poster till your arrogance got in the way . You are no better than any other fan in spite of what you think of yourself.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Inhogswetrust

Do they at least serve Coca cola there?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on March 26, 2017, 10:06:17 am
Good thing nothing like this has happened....lucky guys.  Check out the 1:10 mark.

I didn't have to click on it to recognize that place. Barnhill South!

LZH

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 26, 2017, 01:26:20 pm
I didn't have to click on it to recognize that place. Barnhill South!

Yepper....RIP Reunion Arena.

GO

Quote from: LZH on March 26, 2017, 04:15:45 pm
Yepper....RIP Reunion Arena.
Yep, Lots of great rock acts went through there as well. I remember getting fired from a job I had during college for going to see AC/DC's "Back in Black" tour there in 1980. Who would have thought being on call meant I had to stay within 3 hours of my job and be able to respond if needed. lol

factchecker

Good thing nothing like this has happened....lucky guys.
Or this:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

goodguytex

Wow!! Reunion arena got demolished though... I had some great memories at that place as a Hog fan back during the good old days.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 10:11:04 am
They have plans for that space. One idea I heard was a gated "private club" area. It would be standing room with some table and chairs spread out. They would have local food and beer vender carts up there available to those with a ticket. Sounds kinda cool.

And if it doesn't go well, it can always be closed in and completed at a later date.

LSU is trying to get theirs up and running this year.

http://footballscoop.com/news/well-certainly-interesting/

HamSammich

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 28, 2017, 01:39:03 pm
Those won't be visible when buildout is complete

You obviously don't know much about building design.

ricepig

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2017, 01:59:52 pm
https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/846798177940525056

Very cool, way to be on it ricepig. Looks great, super excited for this stadium expansion. SEZ big board looks good, clean, good size. Was worried they might go too small compared to the NEZ screen.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 28, 2017, 02:15:30 pm
Very cool, way to be on it ricepig. Looks great, super excited for this stadium expansion. SEZ big board looks good, clean, good size. Was worried they might go too small compared to the NEZ screen.

Well, it's the NEZ screen being moved to the SEZ, so it should be fine for size, haha.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2017, 02:22:20 pm
Well, it's the NEZ screen being moved to the SEZ, so it should be fine for size, haha.

Oh did not know that haha! Thanks for the education.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 28, 2017, 02:25:52 pm
Oh did not know that haha! Thanks for the education.

Well, that was the plan at one time. First, we were going to have a new one on the south end for the 2016 season, or sometime during it. Then they decided to move the NEZ screen to the south end, and install a new one on the NEZ. Who knows what the plans are as of today, but that's the latest.

The_Iceman

The SEZ board may not be the exact same size as the 2016 one in the NEZ. I believe those boards are made up of panels, so you can adjust the size.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 28, 2017, 03:15:29 pm
The SEZ board may not be the exact same size as the 2016 one in the NEZ. I believe those boards are made up of panels, so you can adjust the size.

So.......you're saying it can be bigger........

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2017, 03:17:48 pm

that's what she said

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on March 28, 2017, 03:17:48 pm

My wife says it's long enough; she thinks it needs more girth. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 28, 2017, 03:35:14 pm
My wife says it's long enough; she thinks it needs more girth. 

She said my girth was fine...........

PonderinHog

The north video board will be ten feet taller.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 29, 2017, 10:07:17 am

Fire Jeff Long!

Sivad

Placed higher up but same size (not bigger).

redleg

Quote from: cityhog on March 23, 2017, 04:05:58 pm
Snowflake sure has come a long way since 1860:

the earliest use of snowflake as an epithet: Early 1860s in Missouri, as the Civil War began and citizens battled over whether or not slavery should continue within the state. "A snowflake was a person who was opposed to the abolition of slavery," Brewster said. "They were called snowflakes because it said they valued white people over black people."
And today, that word is used to describe radical left-wing liberals who don't want their fragile feelings to be hurt, especially when they aren't in their "safe spaces".  ::)
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Sivad on March 29, 2017, 10:19:53 am
Not 10-12 feet ???

ricepig

FraggleHog

Quote from: Sivad on March 29, 2017, 10:19:53 am

Incorrect...

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/new_video_display_for_razorback_stadium_205429572/

"FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas athletic department has partnered with LSI Industries, Inc. to provide a new video display to the North end zone scoreboard inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Built upon LSI’s SMARTVISION® LED technology, the 16mm video display will be one of the biggest in college football. Measuring at nearly 38′ x 167′, nearly doubling the dimensions of the current video board, the display will give the stadium a true high definition video display area with the actual width exceeding HD resolution."

Sounds like Chris Freet needs to get his facts straight.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 29, 2017, 11:59:55 am
Incorrect...

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/new_video_display_for_razorback_stadium_205429572/

"FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – The University of Arkansas athletic department has partnered with LSI Industries, Inc. to provide a new video display to the North end zone scoreboard inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium. Built upon LSI's SMARTVISION® LED technology, the 16mm video display will be one of the biggest in college football. Measuring at nearly 38′ x 167′, nearly doubling the dimensions of the current video board, the display will give the stadium a true high definition video display area with the actual width exceeding HD resolution."

Sounds like Chris Freet needs to get his facts straight.

You do know that article is for the replacement in 2012, or whenever we upgraded last time.

https://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2012/05/22/installation-begins-on-new-hd-video-scoreboard-display-at-razorback-stadium/

woodhog14

It's going to be 10 feet closer to the field than the old one.