Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shame

Started by welchog, September 30, 2017, 01:46:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

To not get CK in for a qtr.  SB is one thing, but he is the future and needs PT.

welchog

And I guess a shot at getting a kicker some experience is out of the question too.

welchog

Total BS.  Less than 4:00 and same starters.

DoctorSusscrofa

Didn't CK fumble on his first play today?
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

arkfan81

Why put cole out there with this oline?
Have faith...

welchog

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 30, 2017, 01:58:04 pm

Not gonna be much different next year

arkfan81

Quote from: welchog on September 30, 2017, 01:59:30 pm

Let's just worry what's left of this year
Have faith...

East Clintwood

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 30, 2017, 01:58:04 pm

Why leave Allen out there with this oline?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Hogarusa

He's getting game experience. He also gets to begin next season w/ E Illioniis, Colo St, and N Texas.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HoggyCat

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 30, 2017, 02:05:24 pm
Why leave Allen out there with this oline?

The same reason he was on the game down 28-7 against TCU under 3:00 to play.  Bert needs him to get numbers once the sec crunch hits. Gotta show some gawdy numbers so he can channel his inner Nutt and say "look what we were able to do. It takes time to build."

#2YearPass
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jcul28

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 30, 2017, 01:57:04 pm

Didn't AA throw a pick?

rhames

Quote from: jcul28 on September 30, 2017, 02:50:46 pm
Didn't AA throw a pick?

And then proceed to throw 14 straight completions. This is fun! Let's keep playing.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

It was an 18 point game

Not a blowout by any means.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

jcul28

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2017, 03:00:19 pm

And then proceed to throw 14 straight completions. This is fun! Let's keep playing.

Just pointing out that it's ignorant to post one bad play. Let's play!

rhames

Quote from: jcul28 on September 30, 2017, 03:03:55 pm
Just pointing out that it's ignorant to post one bad play. Let's play!

If we are up by 18 in the 4th on any sec team should we take Allen out??

Pull all the starters??

jcul28

You realize CK was playing some last week...against an SEC team, in a much closer game... and was productive...

rhames

Quote from: jcul28 on September 30, 2017, 03:06:47 pm
You realize CK was playing some last week...against an SEC team, in a much closer game... and was productive...

Was he starting?

Ie playing any other snaps than for special situations?

That is the argument right? Why didn't we let Kelley take over fully?

jcul28

rhames

Starting. Running the offense and not just in special situations.

jcul28

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2017, 03:10:26 pm
Starting. Running the offense and not just in special situations.

Lol. I knew what ya meant. Just throwing some fun out there.

rhames

Quote from: jcul28 on September 30, 2017, 03:11:44 pm
Lol. I knew what ya meant. Just throwing some fun out there.

I figured. So answer the question....for funzies.

Tusks

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2017, 03:05:05 pm

If we are up by 18 in the 4th on any sec team should we take Allen out??

Pull all the starters??

Why not kick a FG at make it a 3 TD game?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhames

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 03:14:14 pm
Why not kick a FG at make it a 3 TD game?

No argument here. Bret said he wanted to be aggressive.

sowmonella

Really reaching to find something to bitch about today eh?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jcul28

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2017, 03:12:31 pm

I figured. So answer the question....for funzies.

My answer? CK provides an energy the other players feed off of. That's my opinion on just a few plays he's been in. Is he better than AA? Idk? Is there a big drop off between the two? There better not be or we are screwed. If the kid is good enough for meaningful snaps against AnM, he should get some against a patty-cake team like NMSU. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was, imo. People want to bash CK for a fumble then blame every bad play AA has on o-line, or receivers, or Enos. Idk? Guess I just don't have the man crush on AA that most have. Just see it how it is.

Tusks

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2017, 03:14:48 pm
No argument here. Bret said he wanted to be aggressive.

be aggressive and get your first FG of the season.

so you go for it on 4th down when you're up by 18 but you kick the FG when you're down by 7.  makes perfect BB sense but not great coaching sense.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

It would always be nice to get seconds and thirds into any game to gain experience.  Failure to get experience for anyone but the starters is a weakness of our system here at Arkansas.  It guarantees the starters will always start and play no matter their level of success.  Read earlier today about 3 WRs who were doing decent against this rent a win.  2 weeks ago we didn't have any one but Cornelies that was trusted to play WR.  Then same ole story, we are forced to play some others and damn, we discover we might have a player or 2 that could actually play.

Man, I realize it takes time away from the music and a brew to see who can and who can't play and its just much easier to declare that many of our players just aren't getting it and dance with the ones who are standing close to the field when the refs call the game to order.

rhames

Quote from: jcul28 on September 30, 2017, 03:16:55 pm
My answer? CK provides an energy the other players feed off of. That's my opinion on just a few plays he's been in. Is he better than AA? Idk? Is there a big drop off between the two? There better not be or we are screwed. If the kid is good enough for meaningful snaps against AnM, he should get some against a patty-cake team like NMSU. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was, imo. People want to bash CK for a fumble then blame every bad play AA has on o-line, or receivers, or Enos. Idk? Guess I just don't have the man crush on AA that most have. Just see it how it is.

I'm not bashing CK. He pretty much was used in the same situations as last week as I figure he will be the rest of the season . However; Austin is the starter. We weren't up by the amount of points on a team with a offense that had been giving us fits all day to put in CK to fully run the offense. Leave the SR there to run ball control as well as get morre comfortable with the new WRs.

Austin was playing his best game of the season. We were only up by 18. It makes absolutely no sense to put in the back up QB to run the offense.

As far as the game shouldn't have been as close as it was,  it was pretty much what anyone with any grasp of both teams expected.

rhames

Quote from: tusked on September 30, 2017, 03:16:56 pm
be aggressive and get your first FG of the season.

so you go for it on 4th down when you're up by 18 but you kick the FG when you're down by 7.  makes perfect BB sense but not great coaching sense.

I'm not disagreeing with you

TexArkHogFan

On one play, pretty late in the 4th quarter, I saw AA take a hit and saw his head bounce off the turf.  To me, that is one reason to play the back up when the game is pretty much decided, possibly prevent an injury to your starting QB.  It was late in the game, everyone was getting tired and NMState was coming hard on defense.  If he had gotten injured. HV would be going nuts asking why was he still in the game/
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hogninja

Quote from: rhames on September 30, 2017, 03:02:52 pm
It was an 18 point game

Not a blowout by any means.
Vegas line was 17.

Athog

Quote from: welchog on September 30, 2017, 01:59:30 pm

You don't know that!! Let's get through this year.

BallHog1

Quote from: 12247 on September 30, 2017, 03:17:20 pm
It would always be nice to get seconds and thirds into any game to gain experience.  Failure to get experience for anyone but the starters is a weakness of our system here at Arkansas.  It guarantees the starters will always start and play no matter their level of success.  Read earlier today about 3 WRs who were doing decent against this rent a win.  2 weeks ago we didn't have any one but Cornelies that was trusted to play WR.  Then same ole story, we are forced to play some others and damn, we discover we might have a player or 2 that could actually play.

Man, I realize it takes time away from the music and a brew to see who can and who can't play and its just much easier to declare that many of our players just aren't getting it and dance with the ones who are standing close to the field when the refs call the game to order.

Do you whine and complain constantly in all parts of hour life or is this just a football thing?

ballz2thewall

kelly was a bit slow hitting the line today.
The rest of the frog.

hogcard1964

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 30, 2017, 01:57:04 pm

Not ready for prime time.

Jimbob111

Quote from: welchog on September 30, 2017, 01:56:58 pm
Total BS.  Less than 4:00 and same starters.

That's Beliema. Then he can use inexperience as an excuse when someone has to step up and is unable to perform.

It's really transparent that he is trying to run up the score on a far overmatched team to save his job rather than develop players, to prove he is a "good coach". That's a Nutt-ism.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

farmhawg

Quote from: welchog on September 30, 2017, 01:46:56 pm
To not get CK in for a qtr.  SB is one thing, but he is the future and needs PT.
brett hasn't taken time to develop anyone yet, might by why he is sucking in year 5.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Jimbob111 on September 30, 2017, 05:45:42 pm
That's Beliema. Then he can use inexperience as an excuse when someone has to step up and is unable to perform.

It's really transparent that he is trying to run up the score on a far overmatched team to save his job rather than develop players, to prove he is a "good coach". That's a Nutt-ism.
Its what every college coach does.  You're looking for things to Bitc about.  Enjoy the win.  There will be plenty of opportunities the rest of the season for you to beat your dog and get on hogville.

Bkhardicars

CK Has a lot of upside, but if we're going to salvage this season, AA and the receivers need to build some chemistry.I think they did some of that today..Time will tell.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: Bkhardicars on September 30, 2017, 08:09:04 pm
CK Has a lot of upside, but if we're going to salvage this season, AA and the receivers need to build some chemistry.I think they did some of that today..Time will tell.

This!!! 
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

oldbooniehog

CK AA CEO, JFK ABA AFL-CIO.

E-I-E-I-O!