Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State plays Tuesday Night on ESPN2

Started by Seminole Indian, October 11, 2015, 07:06:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Game against South Alabama is in Mobile, and starts at 7:00 p.m. CST.

After playing 3 1/2 of their first 5 games without their All-SBC Qb, Fredie Knighten, their coaches say he is 100%, and will start.

They will be without one of their starting OL for the game but otherwise are healthy.

They are currently ranked as the #3 team in the SBC in the various rating, ranking sites.

Will be interesting to see if their much heralded offense finally shows up against FBS G5 competition.

Defense has played pretty good football all year.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Seminole Indian

A win would be a big plus for Anderson & Company.

In the Jonesboro Sun today they broke the teams down by position( Running Backs, Quarterbacks, Defensive Line, etc.) , then pick which unit was best in the reporters opinion,  and he selected A-State as having the best unit across the board.

That does not happen very often against an FBS opponent, even a bad one, and USA is not a bad one.

Not that A-State does not have the best talent, IMO they do, but I'm also inclined to read a little into this, that being that this reporter wanted to put the monkey on this coaching staffs back.

Think I'm safe in saying most A-State fans, and the media that cover A-State football ,have about had it with all the penalties, and turnovers that have plagued the football  team since this staff took over, and has gotten worse this year. Think more and more they are leaning toward it being a 'coaching' issue, and thus the monkey.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Well they won the game, and that trumps everything in FBS football.

Still looked like a team that is rather undisciplined, poorly coached, but they compensate by playing hard, and have some talent.

The offense still is sputtering, and A-State fans have pretty much given up on seeing anything resembling the explosive offense they were promised when Anderson & Bell were hired.

The defense has played well all year,did again, continued to scored points,and was the difference in the game.

They play ULL next Tuesday night in Jonesboro, and the game will again be on ESPN2.