Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State Schedules UAPB

Started by wildwolf, September 24, 2015, 11:22:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwolf

A-State has scheduled a football game against UAPB for 9/16/2017. The game will be played in Jonesboro with UAPB getting a $300,000. payday.

Next year, UCA will play in Jonesboro for $300,000.

Seminole Indian

I'm still trying to figure out which part of "will not schedule FCS" I did not understand.

"Terry Mohajir also told the Gazette that Arkansas State will not schedule FCS teams moving forward due to strength of schedule concerns.

"It's about the ratings at the end of the year," Mohajir said. "The way the new selection committee is going to work, if you have an FCS win, it won't help you. It can hurt you, especially when they're getting down to comparing schedules. If you lose to one, it'll kill you.""

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/05/arkansas-state-iowa-state-schedule-2024-25-football-series/
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

Well maybe they could not find a favorable team to schedule.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

asuato

Terry sort of modified that statement a bit, later on. He will always look to schedule FBS home and home first but if the opportunity is there to schedule a UCA or UAPB then he will look at it. It has to have some regional interest, though.

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Seminole Indian

UAPB played much better last night than they have been playing. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne