Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yes, I know this is a Razorback board, but if you follow the UCA Bears...

Started by Doug, September 03, 2015, 07:19:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 04, 2015, 11:12:53 am
There were probably real tangible reasons that UCA was picked 5th or 6th in the SLC, and that UCA  'fans' did not by into these predictions, and are disappointed in last nights results is to be expected. That is what fans do.

Fact is Stanford was favored in that game, and it appeared that  the penalties were a major reason the score got out of hand, and that should improve as the year goes along.

Painful yes, but it normally takes time after a coaching change for a new staff to get their program up and going.
SAMFORD, not Stanford. ^^ ;)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DeltaBoy

I remember when Harold Horton was coaching them Bears and they were tougher than a pine knot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Doug on September 04, 2015, 08:56:33 am
45 - 16, Samford.

It was close... for about half of the first quarter. And yep, UCA's penalties killed 'em.

Brandon Cox had some really nice receptions last night... he's a friggin' work horse.

I had lots of fun last night. I don't know how many pics my assistant took, but I know that I've got over 1500 pics and videos (including four live Periscopes).

Was great catching up with one of my friends (DL coach for Samford) and Brandon Cox.

Lanny, I also introduced myself to Steve East, and made reference to you, haha!

Speaking of Cox, his departure from ASU left a void that looked until the start of fall camp like they would not be able to fill. They did manage to pull a rabbit out of their hat and found a Brandon Cox clone from Tampa Florida in the person of 5-8, 179, sophomore Chris Murray. Had a number of P5 offers coming out of HS, but fell through the crack, and ended up at ASU at the start of fall practice. Has been exactly what the Doctor ordered to fill Brandon's role.

As far as UCA's QB Reed, from listening to the ASU coaches he is probably the type of QB they would like to have, but they don't currently have. They do have a commit from Texas that is similar to Reed as far as skills, but with the transfer from TCU they may stick with the athletic duel-threat type after Knighten leaves.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne