Samford Fans Concerned About UCA

Started by GoHogs1091, August 17, 2015, 01:21:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

Their Fans know what they are facing.

"They are going to be a load to handle.  I mean extremely difficult to beat."

www.samfordbulldogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5575

www.samfordbulldogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5648

They are facing a Team who averaged 40.7 points per game last season, who could average more points per game this season, and a Team who has perhaps the best Defensive player in all of the FCS (Woodard).

Seminole Indian

Know it will take some time for the newbies to jell, but no doubt this offense is dangerous.

I can't wait to see how former A-State receiver Brandon Cox, and former Memphis/Arkansas QB Taylor Reed do this season.

Despite not having a strong supporting cast at the time, Reed showed as a true freshman at Memphis that he could be a solid QB at the FBS level, and is as tough as nails. 

Cox is not the biggest guy in the world, but is a very athletic, explosive player, and is tailor made for this offense.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Seminole Indian on August 17, 2015, 03:25:46 pm
Know it will take some time for the newbies to jell, but no doubt this offense is dangerous.

I can't wait to see how former A-State receiver Brandon Cox, and former Memphis/Arkansas QB Taylor Reed do this season.

Despite not having a strong supporting cast at the time, Reed showed as a true freshman at Memphis that he could be a solid QB at the FBS level, and is as tough as nails. 

Cox is not the biggest guy in the world, but is a very athletic, explosive player, and is tailor made for this offense.

UCA offensively, is going to be difficult for opposing Defenses.  Cox gives them some additional explosive big play capability. 

On Defense, UCA should be better than last season.  The main key will be for them to have better Secondary play than last season, and after last Saturday's Scrimmage, Steve Campbell stated he wanted to try out the Secondary players early and often (via down field passing by the Offense).  He stated that he was pleased the way the Secondary responded.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

And they should be concerned, coach Campbell is going to put UCA back where they used to be years ago, which is contending for a conference championship every year. They have a big, skilled OL, some studs at the skill positions, and some Freakshow defensive players. I am a UCA season ticket holder, so I am hoping for a big year from them. Hoping to make a couple of Hog games also.

GoHogs1091

Here is Samford's new Head Coach, Chris Hatcher's, recent comments about UCA.

"They're a really physical team," Hatcher said.  "They have a great coach (Steve Campbell) over there.  They'll be physical.  They'll take a lot of gambles defensively, and they're really good in the kicking game.  They're a complete team, and I've said it from day one, they'll be one of the best teams we play all season, hands down."

yraciv

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 30, 2015, 03:33:52 pm
Here is Samford's new Head Coach, Chris Hatcher's, recent comments about UCA.

"They're a really physical team," Hatcher said.  "They have a great coach (Steve Campbell) over there.  They'll be physical.  They'll take a lot of gambles defensively, and they're really good in the kicking game.  They're a complete team, and I've said it from day one, they'll be one of the best teams we play all season, hands down."

Chris Hatcher was a great D2 coach who has proven it doesn't necessarily translate to the FCS level.  I wish Campbell the best of luck at UCA, but I'm still not sold on him.  Conque was a good one that got away.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Yes, Conque was a good one, but it was time. I am a friend of the family, he had good reasons to move on. Campbell should prove he is the real deal, give him time. He has been successful at all stops, and he will have good enough resources in Conway to prove himself.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: yraciv on August 30, 2015, 04:45:49 pm
Chris Hatcher was a great D2 coach who has proven it doesn't necessarily translate to the FCS level.  I wish Campbell the best of luck at UCA, but I'm still not sold on him.  Conque was a good one that got away.

Steve Campbell is a 2 time National Coach of the Year.  His career winning percentage as a collegiate Head Coach is 75%.  He has never had a losing season as a Head Coach.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.