Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facilities Upgrades

Started by Seminole Indian, April 20, 2015, 11:07:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

April 20, 2015, 11:07:24 am Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:25:33 pm by Seminole Indian
As anyone knows that drives by Centennial Bank  stadium there are some "big doings" going on, day and night.

Their AD said the press box construction project will be complete August 1, this year.

https://twitter.com/AStateNation/status/590011132795949057/photo/1

The indoor practice facility is nearly complete(background in link below), and next is the Football Operations Building(foreground in link below).

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=205680819&SPID=2798&SPSID=35558

https://twitter.com/TerryMohajirAD/status/564990663561728000

https://twitter.com/RedWolvesFBall/status/582920629201993728/photo/1
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

Well there are better pictures out there i have seen them but can't locate them.

What is important is these pictures show the tangible things one would expect to see from a program experiencing success. You know a little better house, little better car, etc.

What is interesting here is the conventional wisdom was you had to have these things before you could recruit well enough to be successful on the field. Lots of still unsuccessful  programs have gotten a lot of money, in advance of success, from their fans base based on this conventional wisdom. They kind of put the cart before the horse at A-State, but regardless they now appear to be getting  both cart and horse in their proper place.

Not the first time.

They pretty much have trashed the conventional wisdom that it takes 3-5 years for a new coach to get his program up, and going (A-State fans are finding it takes 5-6 games).
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

PLANO

Lots of high school teams have had the same experience.  It's very exciting. 

Seminole Indian

Does not matter what level, it is exciting for fans and players.

Since I have known anything about their program, they have been a small college program (won a national championship in 1970),  then a Division 1 (going 11-0 in Division I in 1975 and was one of only two undefeated Division I football teams that year), then a 1-AA ( compiling a 69-58-4 record and making four appearances in the playoffs, including a loss in the national championship game in 1986), and now an FBS (made 5 bowl appearance since 1995, and been bowl eligible  several other years).

When they have found success, and they have at  every level, they have upgraded their program, but nothing matches what is taking place now. Whole different ball game.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Seminole Indian on April 20, 2015, 05:46:04 pm
Does not matter what level, it is exciting for fans and players.

Since I have known anything about their program, they have been a small college program (won a national championship in 1970),  then a Division 1 (going 11-0 in Division I in 1975 and was one of only two undefeated Division I football teams that year), then a 1-AA ( compiling a 69-58-4 record and making four appearances in the playoffs, including a loss in the national championship game in 1986), and now an FBS (made 5 bowl appearance since 1995, and been bowl eligible  several other years).

When they have found success, and they have at  every level, they have upgraded their program, but nothing matches what is taking place now. Whole different ball game.

I had a cousin who played for the Tribe in the early 1960's. It get to see all our state schools improve and do great.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

April 25, 2015, 08:15:16 am #6 Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:46:00 am by Seminole Indian
Little better overview if the construction.

https://instagram.com/p/11rMEpqy4Y/

They will start on the  Football Operations Building after this season, and it will be between the indoor practice facility and the field.

Seminole Indian

Seminole Indian

Seminole Indian

Seminole Indian

GolfNut57

Latest update. Progress is moving on quickly. The pressbox area is going to be HUGE compared to the original size.

http://www.scout.com/college/arkansas-state/story/1558196-moving-fast-stadium-renovation-update

The finished product for those who haven't seen it and may be interested:

http://www.howlyes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PressBoxBack.jpg.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.