Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bill Walton very complimentary

Started by popcornhog, November 23, 2017, 10:48:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

He compared Trey Thompson to Wes Unseld -- very high praise. He also said that he believes that we've got one of the best upper class men guard combos and he seems to think that Mike Anderson is a God.

I bring all of this up because half of HV seems to think Bill hates us.
WPS

Paul

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2017, 10:48:48 pm
He compared Trey Thompson to Wes Unseld -- very high praise. He also said that he believes that we've got one of the best upper class men guard combos and he seems to think that Mike Anderson is a God.

I bring all of this up because half of HV seems to think Bill hates us.
well he didn't say Mike was a god , he called him legendary which is inaccurate at the messy, hyperbolic at best.  Even so I love how hard these Hogs play

SPAL

Thank you. Refs hate us, Walton hates us, Nike hates us, ESPN hates us, Trump hates us, media hates us, Phil knight hates us, dari nowkah hates us, northerners hate us, Southerners hate us, free spirits hate us, vegans hate us, the keto diet hates us, Parker brothers hate us, pilots hate us, rappers hate us, free masons hate us, Vince McMahon hates us, fat people hate us, Chuck Norris hates us....did I forget anyone?

Razor8

Walton's an idiot, if you're announcing a game then talk about the game, I don't care about 99% of the BS he talks about.
Razorbacks

Paul

Quote from: Razor8 on November 23, 2017, 10:53:18 pm
Walton's an idiot, if you're announcing a game then talk about the game, I don't care about 99% of the BS he talks about.
Eggzachary. Who cares about how many Blazers scored how many pats 40 urs ago?  Call the dam game!

checkraiser88

You don't care about Volcano's and Solar panels?

BannerMountainMan

Rewatched the game and he hyped, Trey thompson, Dustin Thomas, Daryl Macon a lot. Said Mike Anderson was one of the best coaches in college, which I agree. Did get old topic a lot but it just made it awesome how much he hyped them!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

247Hog

Dude was brutal. Would say that if it was all good about Arkansas. He's the annoying friend that wont shut up during a game.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 23, 2017, 10:52:50 pm
Thank you. Refs hate us, Walton hates us, Nike hates us, ESPN hates us, Trump hates us, media hates us, Phil knight hates us, dari nowkah hates us, northerners hate us, Southerners hate us, free spirits hate us, vegans hate us, the keto diet hates us, Parker brothers hate us, pilots hate us, rappers hate us, free masons hate us, Vince McMahon hates us, fat people hate us, Chuck Norris hates us....did I forget anyone?

Yeah, just to even it up, Obama hates us ;)
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BigBrandonAllenFan

One should relish being the all around hated team.  That usually means you are pretty good.

hoglady

Bottom line is he gave this team respect.
Which has been hard to come by for us early this season.
Plus he did his homework on the players.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgball40

yeah, you forgot SPAL.. that guy definitely hates us.

razorback1829

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2017, 11:29:13 pm
Bottom line is he gave this team respect.
Which has been hard to come by for us early this season.
Plus he did his homework on the players.

Yup can't be mad at that. I thought he did an alright job. Except Big Sissy remark..

DenaoStyle

Bill Walton is a unique announcer.  I enjoy him.  I was a huge fan of his back and forth with Steve Jones on NBC.  He's getting older and says goofy things but that's all part of his charm/character.  We probably won't ever get him again, so I'm going to enjoy the uniqueness of his commentary for the next game or two.  We'll be back to the heavily trained clones ESPN rolls out for SEC Network games next week.

GoHogs1091

Walton seemed to be talking a lot about bicycling.

He has watched a lot of basketball over the years.  Perhaps it has become boring to him.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: DenaoStyle on November 23, 2017, 11:38:39 pm
Bill Walton is a unique announcer.  I enjoy him.  I was a huge fan of his back and forth with Steve Jones on NBC.  He's getting older and says goofy things but that's all part of his charm/character.  We probably won't ever get him again, so I'm going to enjoy the uniqueness of his commentary for the next game or two.  We'll be back to the heavily trained clones ESPN rolls out for SEC Network games next week.

my attitude as well. appreciate his uniqueness, however annoying & off topic he may be at times

Hogs49ers

Quote from: galactivation on November 24, 2017, 01:09:17 am
my attitude as well. appreciate his uniqueness, however annoying & off topic he may be at times

Watch his post game on our game, he had a lot of great things to say about our guys!  Also threw some weird stuff in there, but that is just who is, I kind of like it and am pretty shocked this many of our fans are on here completely bashing him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400987195
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

I was just reading the OU forum and noticed that their fans may hate Bill Walton worse than our fans haha, I found this post below to be pretty funny:

Bill: "Trae Young has 16 pts? When did that happen?"

Me to the TV: "He just scored 8 in a row while you were rambling about bikes and volcanoes, dumbass."
SCREW Vandy!

Hogs49ers

Yep pretty funny, their fans go back and forth on Bill too.  See this perfect, hilarious example below from the OU forum:

Sooner Urbandoc:
  Walton knows more basketball in his little finger as everyone on this site. The ultimate team player. He is just having fun in an early season game. Watch the film on him when he won championships at UCLA and Portland, then call him a squirrel.

lonetreebill:  Oh jeez dude. How long ago was that? He was just talking about Connecticut women's basketball while we were driving. Sounds like he's a squirrel and you are his left nut ya jack wad.

Why is so freaking fun to watch fans of other teams just completely lose their sh.it, meltdown, and fight with one another??  They also tend to think that the refs and ESPN hate them, funny how every fanbase thinks that the world is out to get them...

mexican/ninja:  Refs hate us worse the ESPN does....
SCREW Vandy!

Tejano Jawg

The octave that Walton's voice is in—weird, because it's not too high or low—makes it hard for me to hear. I'll re-watch some of the OU game in the morning, with the volume cranked, just to review what he said.

He's kind of an oddball, but I actually like him.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hog_Fink

Dominicanhog

Every time OU would pull close, he'd say " Arkansas has dominated this whole game"  and he said Macon was the best player on the court, repeatedly... I thought he had lots of praise for the Hogs and you can tell he respects Mike...

He was high and rambled a bit, but it's legal in the great NW now, so I'll cut him some slack....

Paul

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 24, 2017, 06:37:49 am
Every time OU would pull close, he'd say " Arkansas has dominated this whole game"  and he said Macon was the best player on the court, repeatedly... I thought he had lots of praise for the Hogs and you can tell he respects Mike...

He was high and rambled a bit, but it's legal in the great NW now, so I'll cut him some slack....
u r right. Definitely high

sigpooie

It was as if he was in my head reading my every thought. Except about the bike thing..it really was like everyone watching was listening to me.. whoa dude...I finally turned it down and listen to the future, on the radio, as least 3 seconds of it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Roy Bacon

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 23, 2017, 11:11:12 pm
Rewatched the game and he hyped, Trey thompson, Dustin Thomas, Daryl Macon a lot. Said Mike Anderson was one of the best coaches in college, which I agree. Did get old topic a lot but it just made it awesome how much he hyped them!!

exactly as it was . He was probably more complimentary of us than anyone else ever has been .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

Sow Lancelot

I enjoy BW's calling of the games; not so much the producer's management of the cameras (split screen crap, very few replays).

What we heard yesterday was infinitely better that the 2 hour Trae Young
"He's-a-diaper-dandy" tirade we would have heard from Dicky V's washed-up self.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

bigred223

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 24, 2017, 07:32:20 am
I enjoy BW's calling of the games; not so much the producer's management of the cameras (split screen crap, very few replays).

What we heard yesterday was infinitely better that the 2 hour Trae Young
"He's-a-diaper-dandy" tirade we would have heard from Dicky V's washed-up self.

Yeah that was the only part i didn't like, the camera work. Dickie V is insufferable.

hawgbawb

This

He's getting old and a little goofy but I like him
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

VegasHog

I wish Bill Walton called every college basketball game I watch.

JenksHawg

no true fan could actually enjoy Walton's ramblings while the Hogs are playing UNC - how old are you?

HAM ELLIOT

Must have been two Bill Waltons.  The Bill Walton I heard never gave us a chance after tip off.

mhuff

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 24, 2017, 06:37:49 am

I like Walton and he did say a lot of good things about the Hogs. Howrver , I wanted to hear him talk about the game instead of everything else. He would be good at a historical society.

hawgball40

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on November 24, 2017, 05:11:36 pm
Must have been two Bill Waltons.  The Bill Walton I heard never gave us a chance after tip off.
true. he seemed to be taunting us even "Finally! order has been restored!" when UNC took their first big lead.