Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (44-18) vs Missouri State

Started by Razorbacks#1, June 04, 2017, 08:16:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodiakisland

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on June 05, 2017, 03:36:39 am
Does anyone know if it will be on SEC Network, ESPN2, ESPNU or just the ESPN App?

Right now it shows the Florida game on the SECN, Auburn on ESPN2, Vandy on ESPNU, and the other SEC games on ESPN3.  That could change of course.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

shotgun7

I think someone said earlier in the thread he was sayin to keep playing too.... looks like that was not the case. What a wuss.

razCzar

As Rick just said in signing off:  "What a wonderful day it's been."

So simple / SO TRUE.

shotgun7

just watched the whole interview.... so he was ok with playing after the first rain delay knowing the game would go until at least 2-3am but he is not ok with it being decided at 3am in a little rain that both teams had to battle.... haha

gmarv

Quote from: CJ HOG on June 05, 2017, 03:44:28 am
Hahaha, BUTT HURT MUCH!

I hope that attitude carries over to tonight's game and his team plays down to it. Whiners Never Win, and Winners Never Whine!
I was thinking the same thing.

Pig Papi

What a game.  Just got home.  I'll re-live the experience by reading this entire thread tomorrow or later today.

BroyledNutts

If I hadn't been there in person, I would not believe it. What an amazing atmosphere. As much as I truly despise MSU, their players played an incredible game.

Now - as far as their head coach is concerned, there's not a bigger sniveling a##hole in college baseball. The ONLY reason he wanted the field tarped at 2:40am is to stop Arkansas' momentum. That's it. If he had been playing with a larger lead he would've fought to finish it. If his pitching coach and battery hadn't taken 10,000 visits to the mound, it would've ended before it began to rain again. He had no problem with the field being tarped at 11:10pm and not resuming play until 12:35am - he was perfectly fine with that. He's a D-bag of the finest quality and unfortunately some of his players, and nearly all of his fans, emulate him.

Great baseball played tonight, despite the negatives. Unbelievable atmosphere in the stands. Some good natured chippiness, and some not so good natured, but it is a Top 5 Razorback Baseball memory.

Stewhog 11

Can we take a minute to fully appreciate the events of the last 7 hours? The ups and downs, the drama, getting leads then losing them, falling behind then coming back. We had rain delays, pork butt, Cronin's slip that ended his night, and Wilson's burrito. The SECN showing the '98 Tenn game and mj4president showing his shockingly almost spot on clairvoyance. All with a few thousand LOUD fans still in the seats past 3:00 am. I still feel like I have barely touched all the excitement tonight. This was an all-timer.

razCzar

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on June 05, 2017, 04:17:59 am
Can we take a minute to fully appreciate the events of the last 7 hours? The ups and downs, the drama, getting leads then losing them, falling behind then coming back. We had rain delays, pork butt, Cronin's slip that ended his night, and Wilson's burrito. The SECN showing the '98 Tenn game and mj4president showing his shockingly almost spot on clairvoyance. All with a few thousand LOUD fans still in the seats past 3:00 am. I still feel like I have barely touched all the excitement tonight. This was an all-timer.

Oh, yeah.. no doubt about it.

Even bookmarked this thread to remind me of how special this game was.

Razorback7281

This one shoots right up there with the Toops slam regional. Which was also a game 6 of the regional where Arkansas had to beat Wichita State twice to advance. Game 7 was the Boyce miracle.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

razCzar

From current WatchESPN schedule:
http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule?categoryId=484&type=upcoming

Monday, June 5th
7:00 PM ET   Missouri State vs. Arkansas (Site 14 / Game 7) (NCAA Baseball Championship)   espn3

Dr. Starcs

Unbelievable. Just got home from the stadium and filling out a police report for the thugs that broke into our truck sometime during the day/night/morning.

Not gonna let it dampen this win.

Woo Freaking Pig

Hogs49ers

That was an amazing experience at the game, something I will never forget!  Go Hogs!
SCREW Vandy!

HogFoo

What a great game.  I was at the game when Toops hit the grand slam and my friend had asked me if maybe should try to go to this one and give the hogs some luck.  So I hopped on a website. Took a leap of faith that the hogs were gonna beat ORU.  They still weren't ahead yet. Then They  burgerbombed ORU!. I told the wife right then to get ready!. We were getting tickets for game 6! Man, I got some extremely great tickets.  Best tickets I've ever had. They were going for $2 a ticket before Spanberger hit his HR against ORU.  Got some in section 106 row P. Man those are some great tickets!  So told the wife as long as we could leave right as the ORU game ended, that we could make it from ft.smith up there. We did. With a little help from the fire breathing twin. Turbos. Haha love me some German Cars. Anyways. We made it , had great seats. Didn't get wet cuz we were under the canopy. Saw us take the lead to give it up, then get it then give it up. It was an emotional game.  Those Mizz St. Fans are some real dbags!  Some of our fans were too. I really don't care to hear any of our fans talk bad about our own pitchers. I nearly told one guy sitting behind me to shut  his hole talking and yelling at our own pitchers! I hate that. Anyways. It was a great game. I was happy with the way our guys just kept fighting , never giving up.  That's what makes champions. We have played the toughest regional by far. Each one of the teams could have probably won regional elsewhere. ORU was a good team, and mizz st. Is just as good.  I wish the game 6 was the decider for the super regional.  But, I really believe that we deflated mizzst.with our victory this morning. Haha I feel like we will beat the crap out of them in game7 later today.   I think that that was just a huge blow to their ego. And I feel they'll come out very flat.  Also, how about we not throw to that steinmentz guy. Haha wtg #omahogs
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Arkamedes

"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

BigBrandonAllenFan

All Hail the Great Red Army of Fayettenam.

The Missouri Kulak invaders are stifled.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: JayHog on June 05, 2017, 03:10:39 am
I do think we will still win this game. We're only one out way. But damn... why do we always choke in football, basketball, AND baseball. I mean, really??'!

The Great Red Army never chokes. Throw JayHog the gulag!

JayHog

So their coach doesn't think games should be decided in the rain at 3am?  But it was ok when his team scored the go ahead run in the run at 3am?  It was ok when they did it, right?

shotgun7

Quote from: JayHog on June 05, 2017, 06:08:17 am
So their coach doesn't think games should be decided in the rain at 3am?  But it was ok when his team scored the go ahead run in the run at 3am?  It was ok when they did it, right?

Exactly

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: JayHog on June 05, 2017, 06:08:17 am

Probably what he is gonna tell his team to get them riled up.

goodguytex

What a fantastic game and finish! I loved getting to listen to it at work. I hope we do it again to day! On to the super, then Omaha, I hope!

SPAL

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

Wild Bill Hog

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

razobak

I quit my job on Friday... today is my first day of not working! Glad I was able to stay up for at least part of the game out here on the east coast.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

SPAL

This was such a fun thread. Thanks to everybody who had a hand in it. If I start naming names, I'll most def miss someone.

Anybody who posted in the thread or read it....a heartfelt thank you. What a baseball game.

TebowHater

PigWig

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Hollywood_HOGan45

Fell asleep after the delay but woke up JUST IN TIME!!  I saw the bears' HR that cut the lead to one and then Evan Lee came in to slam the door.

Their coach is and always will be a jackass. I loved beating them. I hope their team has his mentality and starts making excuses on why they won't advance.

pigelow

At work, hell i just stayed up. who could go to sleep after that game. will be a long day, but by quitting time i will be fired up for the winner take all final. WooPig  :razorback:

popcornhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 05, 2017, 06:32:15 am
Who else is at work on this fine day?

Regrettably.

I'll get home around 6:00 and I'm gonna need some caffeine to watch the game.
WPS

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pigelow on June 05, 2017, 08:13:53 am
At work, hell i just stayed up. who could go to sleep after that game. will be a long day, but by quitting time i will be fired up for the winner take all final. WooPig  :razorback:

You Sir are a true fan, and I salute you.  WPS

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Maddhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 05, 2017, 06:32:15 am
Who else is at work on this fine day?

I am.   Very thankful, however, that no one's health is in my hands. 
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

JHicks3636

After the game ended I just sat in my chair and continued to follow this thread and watch TV. Just before 4, the wife came out of the bedroom and asked if the game was still on. I said no but I was too tired to move. About 4:30 I finally went to bed. I could not get to sleep. I watched the sun peak through the blinds. I finally got to sleep about 6 only to have my sis-in-law wake me at 6:45. It's been hit and miss since. I'm awake but my eyes are burning like Hades. It was a great ride last night.

nesjunk

I got maybe 4 hours before my 7:30 am meeting this morning.  But I'm good.  Still pumped about the game and still reading this thread.

gmarv

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 05, 2017, 06:56:44 am
This was such a fun thread. Thanks to everybody who had a hand in it. If I start naming names, I'll most def miss someone.

Anybody who posted in the thread or read it....a heartfelt thank you. What a baseball game.
I don,t post much but I do love a good long thread and this one was both.

HogsonHicks

I gave it a shot but ran out of gas about 2:00am. Huge kudos to those that hung with it and managed to run a game thread into the wee hours.

Getting to go back and read the action and emotions from you all allowed me to relive the action from 700 miles away!  Thank you.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 05, 2017, 06:56:44 am

I'm just glad to have been a part of it.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568